Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's Your Umbral Forma Frame?

withinmyself

On 2019-03-03 at 5:00 AM, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Gotta love how people would waste an Umbral Forma on a non-prime frame...

Well, it is their Umbral Forma.  They can do whatever the #*!% they want with it.  Although I'm a bit biased as Garuda is on my short list.  And at this time I actually can't think of a single Prime frame that I would put it on.  Oberon Prime I guess but that's just...boring. 

• Like 1

On 2019-03-03 at 5:14 AM, OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY said:

He did mention if more umbral mods 

Which is an even more shocking statement.  I'm sure we will have access to another Umbral Forma before that happens.  Maybe not, I dunno.  You do you.  Maybe I'll just through mine in Mag Prime and be done with it. 

On 2019-03-02 at 6:39 AM, withinmyself said:

Once you finally get that oh so sweet Umbral Forma which frame are you gonna use it on???

My top 5

Garuda, Inaros, Nidus, Oberon Prime, Ember Prime

Leaning towards Garuda as I already have 5 forma in her and I use all 3 Umbral Mods.

Waaaaaaiiiit.  For more Umbras.

With the current rarity of Umbral Formas I'd have to say a Prime that can make good use of all 3 umbral mods maxed out. So pretty much any any Prime that currently uses 2x Umbral plus regular vita or steel fiber. 

I would definently NOT use it on any regular frame that will later on get primed nor any frame that only utilizes 2 umbral mods currently. You dont need an umbral polarity to fit in 2 maxed umbral mobs and all other needed mods on a frame. It is simply better to forma more and use steel charge in the cases that need to max out their capacity to fit 2 umbrals.

So I guess that means Oberon Prime will get my Umbral polarity since he can make use of all 3 umbral mods.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

So I guess that means Oberon Prime will get my Umbral polarity since he can make use of all 3 umbral mods.

Which is really the only Prime frame in the game that can actually do that (or that would be beneficial to do that with).  But if I'm being honest I feel like that's a waste.  Because Oberon Prime does just fine without.

The more I read the more I lean towards Garuda.  She's not getting a Prime anytime soon.  She's the only other frame (other than Oberon Prime, Nidus and Inaros) that REALLY benefits from having 3 Umbral Mods.  Nidus and Inaros will be getting a Prime long before she does.  Both of which do just fine with the builds I already have on them. 

6 minutes ago, withinmyself said:

Which is really the only Prime frame in the game that can actually do that (or that would be beneficial to do that with).  But if I'm being honest I feel like that's a waste.  Because Oberon Prime does just fine without.

The more I read the more I lean towards Garuda.  She's not getting a Prime anytime soon.  She's the only other frame (other than Oberon Prime, Nidus and Inaros) that REALLY benefits from having 3 Umbral Mods.  Nidus and Inaros will be getting a Prime long before she does.  Both of which do just fine with the builds I already have on them. 

Frost Prime can also make good use of it. You will be using Vit, Fiber and Intensify on him, umbral or not to strengthen him, his globe and the debuff on avalanche.

• Like 1

Just now, SneakyErvin said:

Frost Prime can also make good use of it. You will be using Vit, Fiber and Intensify on him, umbral or not to strengthen him, his globe and the debuff on avalanche. 

That is actually a solid argument my friend.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)SilverSurferGuy said:

Ive been away for a while, when did umbral forma become a thing??

It's part of the new 'Alerts' system.  No-one actually has one yet because it takes awhile to build standing and get through the ranks. 

After some stat review...

A list of frames which benefit from having all three:

1. Oberon (Prime) (he just benefits from all three)
  2. Inaros (actually the strength is kinda dumb but his HP and armor can be made super high and he benefits from those two so disproportionately that it is justified)
  3. Nidus (Definitely the ONE who really benefits the most from all 3)
  4. Nezha (is a health frame, benefits from strength, needs armor to help push his Warding Halo to the absolute limit as he basically double dips armor to get both a longer lasting halo and higher DR)
  5. Valkyr (Prime) (It kinda helps due to her base stat and nature of her abilities. You can argue that Warcry kinda makes Armor pointless but it will help her survive when abilities are unavailable.)
  6. Gara (You want all three stats, you know it)
  7. Baruuk (yes, he does get more daggers, more HP, more armor, which stacks nicely with his DRs and makes his 4 stronger)
  8. Saryn (Prime) (if you use regenerative molt + adaptation + 3 and blocking to tank. If bore spore then you don't benefit from slotting too much survival mods)

Frames which benefit from two:

1. Rhino (Prime) (defo health is useless for him)
  2. Garuda (health is iffy on her, depending on content. Arguably she benefits from all three)
  3. Frost (Prime) (again, health is optional)
  4. Chroma (Prime) (thanks to Vex you may find armor mods dumb)
  5. Harrow (more HP helps him live longer after he casts his 2 and PS refills more energy, shields and HP when Covenant is on cooldown. Ofc if you are saying Eidolon Harrow then nah)
  6. Trinity (Prime) (armor is a wasted stat on her)
  7. Nova (Prime) (armor is a wasted stat on her)
  8. Nekros (Prime) (if you use SoS only. Armor is a wasted stat)

7 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

My Chroma Prime has reverted to a child and is clinging to my leg pushing all his brothers and sisters away with his clawed foot...Such a brat he's become over the Umbra Forma....

Basically this.

Chroma P needs that polarity to have a mod capacity to install Exilus mod

10 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

A list of frames which benefit from having all three:

1. Oberon (Prime) (he just benefits from all three)
  2. Inaros (actually the strength is kinda dumb but his HP and armor can be made super high and he benefits from those two so disproportionately that it is justified)
  3. Nidus (Definitely the ONE who really benefits the most from all 3)
  4. Nezha (is a health frame, benefits from strength, needs armor to help push his Warding Halo to the absolute limit as he basically double dips armor to get both a longer lasting halo and higher DR)
  5. Valkyr (Prime) (It kinda helps due to her base stat and nature of her abilities. You can argue that Warcry kinda makes Armor pointless but it will help her survive when abilities are unavailable.)
  6. Gara (You want all three stats, you know it)
  7. Baruuk (yes, he does get more daggers, more HP, more armor, which stacks nicely with his DRs and makes his 4 stronger)
  8. Saryn (Prime) (if you use regenerative molt + adaptation + 3 and blocking to tank. If bore spore then you don't benefit from slotting too much survival mods)

Frames which benefit from two:

1. Rhino (Prime) (defo health is useless for him)
  2. Garuda (health is iffy on her, depending on content. Arguably she benefits from all three)
  3. Frost (Prime) (again, health is optional)
  4. Chroma (Prime) (thanks to Vex you may find armor mods dumb)
  5. Harrow (more HP helps him live longer after he casts his 2 and PS refills more energy, shields and HP when Covenant is on cooldown. Ofc if you are saying Eidolon Harrow then nah)
  6. Trinity (Prime) (armor is a wasted stat on her)
  7. Nova (Prime) (armor is a wasted stat on her)
  8. Nekros (Prime) (if you use SoS only. Armor is a wasted stat) 

I think Oberon (Prime), Nidus and Inaros are pretty obvious choices by now.  But I feel like Oberon doesn't really need it and we'll be getting Nidus Prime and Inaros Prime sooner than later.

I like Gara and Baruuk for my short list actually.  Both frames are probably far off from getting a Prime.

I definitely do argue that Garuda does benefit from all three (definitely on my short list)  Not getting a Prime anytime soon.

I've started considering Frost (Prime) but I just don't use him as much as I use Garuda, Gara, Baruuk

..and I don't know why I haven't really considered Harrow yet.  That's a good pick actually. 

Everyone that's saying it's foolish to waste it on a non-Prime is being ridiculous.  I personally think you SHOULD put it on a non-Prime purposely because Prime's already have boosted stats.  Unless you're just trying to Meta the #*!% out of something but that's not really my style.  To each his/her own though.  Wherever everyone lands I hope it works out for you!!

Not sure why people want it on Chroma Prime. Steel Fiber is already a pretty wasted mod slot on him if you pump up his ability strength for Vex. The very difference in armor between Fiber and no Fiber is minimal, so 3 umbrals on him is quite pointless. Too much armor also mean way too little return from things like adrenaline or rage. Also a big reason not to use adaption on him because it eventually slows down shield depletion, which in turn makes him suffer even more from low energy return.