Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

withinmyself

Who's Your Umbral Forma Frame?

20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not sure why people want it on Chroma Prime. Steel Fiber is already a pretty wasted mod slot on him if you pump up his ability strength for Vex. The very difference in armor between Fiber and no Fiber is minimal, so 3 umbrals on him is quite pointless. Too much armor also mean way too little return from things like adrenaline or rage. Also a big reason not to use adaption on him because it eventually slows down shield depletion, which in turn makes him suffer even more from low energy return.

The only frame I'll spend on and the only one which doesn't have enough capacity to toss everything in (without steel).
For Eidolon, it's not possible to toss in max augur message.

The rest can work with 1-2 extra normal forma instead of umbral. Maybe Oberon p is a nice choice as well.

I won't use it.

Any frame that I have Umbral Mods on are fine as is, don't need Umbral Polarity to increase points to spend.

Tough choice, maybe Rhino since it appears I am using him more often than I intended (and the vitality mod is good for companions since they have crappy health without it).

Oberon or Frost are strong contenders.

But I searched my feelings and they say: Chroma. 

What can I say... at least it is not Loki?

Meh, idk yet.. I'll have a tough time to decide since I don't have a "main" frame.. I'm not sure.. v.v 

send help

I have no idea to be honest. I've shoved umbral builds on the frames that mattered already. Even with Ash, who now has everything functional on his kit + his two key augments. Maybe my Frost prime. Never used it much.

On 2019-03-03 at 12:29 AM, Marvelous_A said:

Why? 225 energy is more than enough for Excalibur. If it's Umbral Stretch or Umbral Streamline I'd consider it though.

Efficiency is hard capped at 75%. A Prime Streamline would do the job!

I'd go with Frost Prime: he needs Armor and Efficiency for the snow globe, and health is always nice to have. I'd go with Rhino Prime, but I usually use that frame for very specific (and rare) occasions.

Valkyr Prime.

Chroma Prime.

Inaros.

Rhino Prime.

Possibly Nidus.

Chroma probably, he's the only frame that can make use of all Umbral Mods available, at the moment he can't use them all due to insufficient mod capacity.

Valkyr. I know its technicaly not most effective, but I'm kinda maining her and play her like 90% of time. So can't resist to make her even greater.

Rhino or Chorma will be next (next U-forma).

any frame that have a real benefit to health and armor, just waiting for prime veriant.

Ultimately, probably all 'frames I play regularly. 

Initially, it'll be Garuda, NyxP, ValkyrP, Khora, Gara, and maybe SarynP and RhinoP. 

There are only so many ways to build to emphasize certain aspects of warframes. If those builds benefit greatly from the stats boosted by the synergy of the umbrals, then that 'frame is going to get umbral forma. That's what is going to determine where the UFs go. 

what does Umbral forma do? give you that Umbral Slot?

If so then ill save it. A lot of my Build don't rely on Umbral Mods or really need that slot to function as is.

On 2019-03-06 at 2:14 PM, Kylo. said:

I won't use it.

Any frame that I have Umbral Mods on are fine as is, don't need Umbral Polarity to increase points to spend.

True youll need to check if there are frames that will benefit from using umbra forma's instead of like 5-6 regular forma's.

I'ma be honest umbral forma is kinda overkill unless you need to put one back one umbra if you're one of the peeps who accidentally took one off, besides that most builds just forma everything else

5 minutes ago, jmthebigman said:

True youll need to check if there are frames that will benefit from using umbra forma's instead of like 5-6 regular forma's.

Sure there are, and will be, but just minimal, some frames will gain an exilus slot, some like my Valkyr will be able to use max Narrow Minded and Warcry.

1 minute ago, Kylo. said:

Sure there are, and will be, but just minimal, some frames will gain an exilus slot, some like my Valkyr will be able to use max Narrow Minded and Warcry.

Then its worth it but for some it wont free up a slot or the max increase is so small you wont notice it.

My Valkyre probably

I like her being all beefy whit 2800 armor  whit the umbra forma i can polish her delicate parts  even better.:D

Probably Valkyr, as I have a build which doesn't allow an Exilus mod nor a maxed UVitality.

I originally said i'd not use it but now that ive done all the Formaing i could really use it on Hildryn since she is the only Frame thus far ive used mods on.

Hum - That is going to require some serious thinking.

Either keep it for future use.

Or use it on some of my frames whose main build has Umbra mods : Trinity (Eidolon hunt), Rhino (Profit Taker), Saryn (ESO). But frankly, I feel the improvement in performance would then be minimal...maybe an Exilus slot.

So, in short : I have no idea lol

Very likely Ember Prime. Umbral mods definitely won't make her on par with other frames, but at least it's a slight improvement. 

Although I'd prefer DE reworked her to be useful or at least reverted the nerfs they did with absolutely no logical process behind.