Jump to content

Nightwave seems to only cater to players who play the game religiously


Recommended Posts

I know this game is really grindy but for someone like me who has a Job and college Its almost impossible to finish these challenges. It only caters to players who no life the game. I much prefer  the old alerts because the rewards were quick and simple just by doing one mission but now we have to grind a lot more now and do multiple objectives some that take multiple days to complete. This is a major turn off to players who don't have all the time in the world to play.

Edited by (XB1)TVirusPlague
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, (XB1)TVirusPlague said:

I know this game is really grindy but for someone like me who has a Job and college Its almost impossible to finish these challenges. Its really unfair that it only caters to players who no life the game. I prefer old alerts because the rewards were quick and simple just by doing one mission but now we have to grind a lot and do multiple objectives that take multiple days to complete. This is a major turn off to players who dont have all the time in the world to play.

And alerts were fair?

Nitain (for example) was once every 6 or 4 hours and you had to play non-stop to catch those or babysit mobile app and pray to god you were home 

Nightwave is so much better sytem

Edited by Vapya
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

A few hours a week =/= playing the game religiously.

You don't even need to complete every act to reach rank 30, only 60-65% of them.

If you don't have enough time to do even that then I'm not sure where one finds time to use any rewards earned from alerts in the old system. At which point why even play.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gerade eben schrieb (XB1)Thy Divinity:

You guys are really out to break records for the most threads on a single topic in a 7 day span.

 

Admirable.

It's called passion 😉 maybe I'll create one too! (It's . Odd though that most didn't get merged)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

You guys are really out to break records for the most threads on a single topic in a 7 day span.

 

Admirable.

Proudest achivement of our life XD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vapya said:

And alerts were fair?

Nitain (for example) was once every 6 or 4 hours and you had to play non-stop to catch those or babysit mobile app and pray to god you were home 

Nightwave is so much better sytem

I agree that alerts were flawed, but they could do something between the lines instead of making them challenges, maybe have specific nightwave mission alerts that have points added.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

You guys are really out to break records for the most threads on a single topic in a 7 day span.

 

Admirable.

i shall alert the Guinness book of world records when we get somewhere absurd with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trst said:

A few hours a week =/= playing the game religiously.

You don't even need to complete every act to reach rank 30, only 60-65% of them.

If you don't have enough time to do even that then I'm not sure where one finds time to use any rewards earned from alerts in the old system. At which point why even play.

Wait really? well that changes everything

Edited by (XB1)TVirusPlague
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think alerts were better for someone like you, you are deluding yourself. One is at the complete mercy of RNG with that system, and it only gets worse the less time you have to play the game. In all likelihood, you can get most of the weeklies done in 2 hours (you only need 65% completion), and the dailies stack up to 3, so you only "need" to log in once every 3 days. Expecting to have to dedicate even less time than the little you need to is asinine, as the RNG alert system was replaced with a guaranteed system. Of course you'll have to spend a decent amount of time to earn the rewards.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, I get his point. I mean I had to waste 10 hours today trying to get the hardest daily challenge- pick up 8 mods. These sorts of things are just way too much time investment for some people!

Obvious sarcasm aside, care to provide examples of challenges that you personally can't complete within an hour of play?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tyranno66 said:

Guys, I get his point. I mean I had to waste 10 hours today trying to get the hardest daily challenge- pick up 8 mods. These sorts of things are just way too much time investment for some people!

Obvious sarcasm aside, care to provide examples of challenges that you personally can't complete within an hour of play?

How did you manage to complete this hell challenge? It would take me at least 1 year of 12h gaming seesions

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Guys, I get his point. I mean I had to waste 10 hours today trying to get the hardest daily challenge- pick up 8 mods. These sorts of things are just way too much time investment for some people!

Obvious sarcasm aside, care to provide examples of challenges that you personally can't complete within an hour of play?

The one that immediately jumps to mind is the "Scan 5 Simaris targets" one since I think the max scans for a single target is 4. Granted, technically you could do it in an hour, but you'd have to straddle reset and get your first set of scans done in a relatively short amount of time. 😉

As a practical matter, though, I can see the group of quests taking multiple days if you have very limited play time. Also if you potato struggles to (or can't even) load PoE/Cetus. 

Edited by Ascarith
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ascarith said:

The one that immediately jumps to mind is the "Scan 5 Simaris targets" one since I think the max scans for a single target is 4. 😉

As a practical matter, though, I can see the group of quests taking multiple days if you have very limited play time. Also if you potato struggles to (or can't even) load PoE/Cetus. 

They are upping system requirments anyways so people with potato will probably need to upgrade anyways

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, "pick up 8 mods" over 3 days is impossible if you go to college.

I mean, does anyone even own 8 mods?

For real though, I play this game a lot and I do not feel catered to on this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

Guys, I get his point. I mean I had to waste 10 hours today trying to get the hardest daily challenge- pick up 8 mods. These sorts of things are just way too much time investment for some people!

Obvious sarcasm aside, care to provide examples of challenges that you personally can't complete within an hour of play?

The one where I have to kill an eidolon, my schedule is really screwed now and when I get home I have like 10-15 minutes left during night in cetus before the next night which Im usually busy studying or sleeping by the time it becomes night time again in cetus.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

The one that immediately jumps to mind is the "Scan 5 Simaris targets" one since I think the max scans for a single target is 4. Granted, technically you could do it in an hour, but you'd have to straddle reset and get your first set of scans done in a relatively short amount of time. 😉

As a practical matter, though, I can see the group of quests taking multiple days if you have very limited play time. Also if you potato struggles to (or can't even) load PoE/Cetus. 

That's a weekly for a reason. You have a whole week to do it. While yes if you want to complete it in less than an hour you'd need some luck, you can also scan a target once each day and still have ample amount of time left. Weeklies shouldn't be able to be completed in a day.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (XB1)TVirusPlague said:

The one where I have to kill an eidolon, my schedule is really screwed now and when I get home I have like 10-15 minutes left during night in cetus before the next night which Im usually busy studying or sleeping by the time it becomes night time again in cetus.

You don't even have to capture the Hydrolyst and you have an entire week to do it. I could understand if it asked for a 4x3, but a single Hydrolyst run can take 8-15 minutes depending on your efficiency.

Challenges are extremely easy, and they may as well make a daily titled "Correctly type in your password on the first attempt." for 1,000 Nightwave reputation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, (XB1)TVirusPlague said:

The one where I have to kill an eidolon, my schedule is really screwed now and when I get home I have like 10-15 minutes left during night in cetus before the next night which Im usually busy studying or sleeping by the time it becomes night time again in cetus.

Soooo just like old alerts? I've had to miss a bunch of nitain because of reasons like that. Also each day nighttime gets shifted around so for a whole week you're bound to get a night that fits with your schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a job and I can only play at weekends and yet I finished my tasks in about hour and half , also warframe is not the tipe of game were you can finish it in an about a week , Im looking at you D2 .

Wolf of Saturn Six will last for 10-11 weeks , I think its enough time for you to get all rewards and what you need of wolf cred shop.

Edited by bad4youLT
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tyranno66 said:

That's a weekly for a reason. You have a whole week to do it. While yes if you want to complete it in less than an hour you'd need some luck, you can also scan a target once each day and still have ample amount of time left. Weeklies shouldn't be able to be completed in a day.

To be perfectly blunt, I was just answering your question, and not in a particularly serious manner. I'm not sure why you opted to respond to me like I need convincing that the quests are manageable within a week. 

Edited by Ascarith
Link to post
Share on other sites

The nightwing alerts are not that hard. The game made the system in the first place to be better for everyone. I can bet very heavily that tons of people got all the challenges done the first day. Some of the challenges, (like the eidolon one you mentioned) are weekly challenges because they are giving players like you,who cannot play much, more time to get them done. It's fine if you dont get all of them done every week. The event is supposed to go on for 10 weeks or so and this is only week 1. I have not done the eidolon one yet either and do not plan to because I don't like the plains. That is just my opinion.

I like the new system better anyways because its more a test of skill. On the old system, anyone could just go to a defense or something, get carried, and then get a good mod or blueprint. Now, you do challenges (some of which take time) to show you understand the game mechanics. Not to even mention that the new system is much more standardized. Everything you get is what you see in the menu. You no longer have to wait literal days to get nitain alerts to pop up. You can buy nitain with the wolf credits you earned.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...