Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave seems to only cater to players who play the game religiously

3 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

The only one I can think of is the "Fill 5 Ayatan Statues", that one took me 'till yesterday to fuffill because I always fill the statues when I get them... unless I forget, which I'm thankfull I did forget to fill 3, the other 2 took a few Arbitrations. (RNG gave me Mods and Endo for a while, it KNEW!)

To make that one worse for me, I had just filled up about 4 minutes before the update.

6 hours ago, (XB1)TVirusPlague said:

This is a major turn off to players who don't have all the time in the world to play.

Im.done with them all.and it took less that 4 hours.i haven't logged in since day 1.

Im.a nurse and i work 12h shifts pretty regularly, am a father and husband with general health care and staff meetings.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

6 hours ago, Ascarith said:

The one that immediately jumps to mind is the "Scan 5 Simaris targets" one since I think the max scans for a single target is 4. Granted, technically you could do it in an hour, but you'd have to straddle reset and get your first set of scans done in a relatively short amount of time. 😉

As a practical matter, though, I can see the group of quests taking multiple days if you have very limited play time. Also if you potato struggles to (or can't even) load PoE/Cetus. 

Fun fact, that one apparently can also count other things. I had one count of it complete when I scanned a frame fighter info-bit earlier. Not sure if it's a bug or what.

Nightwave is like taking a giant S#&$ on all of us, im glad you spent time developing this, im glad it went through so many hands, and every single one of u was like, yep thats it, thats the ticket right there, i talked with my flatmate about this, as hes the reason i even started trying to play the game in the first place, and the more i hear from him, the more its all about #*!%ing over new players, like do you even want a #*!%ing player base lmao

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

But this is my point... when you need to start changing things in the real world to cater for game specific requirements there is something wrong with the requirement.  If you can't do the thing in 10 minute 'bite size' pieces then that in itself should be seen as a problem, and that's ignoring the fact that these requirements are then taking over your entire gaming time. 

There is NOTHING wrong with it. If it takes you an hour to accomplish all of your weeklies in a day, you need to make sure you have an hour to play Warframe in your schedule. That's how it works and there's nothing wrong with it. When you want to watch a sports game on Sunday, you make sure you have free time on Sunday to watch the game when it airs. When you want to see a new episode of your favorite show, you make sure you have free time to watch the episode when it airs. When you want to accomplish weeklies in Warframe, make sure you have the time available in your schedule, or try and rearrange some things so that you do have the time.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

In a game that is essentially a 'collect it all' type game the argument about this new game mode being optional is always going to be wrong to me.  Yes we can choose not to take part but then we can't collect the limited time items from the rewards (not the cred stuff) or the rewards we can't get anywhere else.  Due to placement of the 'rare' items at the end of the 30 day sequence we are in essence 'forced' to do these challenges if we want to collect everything, they're not in the cred options, they're not available for plat, they are only available if we get upto 30,000 standing.

You don't need to collect everything. I made the Cycron and Falcor today because fashionframe, I could've made them ages ago but felt no need to. There is no new game mode by the way. A LOT of these challenges can be done in plenty of different modes, all it does is steer you towards them. But these challenges are ENTIRELY OPTIONAL. The rewards from the system aren't necessary at all, therefore they're optional. Umbral Forma is only "needed" if you want powercreep. The cosmetics aren't going to be exclusive, they said that much in the devstream 124 overview: "There are no plans on making the rewards exclusive. We’ll be taking feedback on how we handle offerings for Series 2, but we anticipate that you’ll be able to get unique cosmetic items if you missed them the first time, just perhaps not as easily."

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Real world should ALWAYS be more important than a game, a game is not supposed to be the thing we 'live for' or fit our life around, its the thing we do to have fun in our spare time, or that's how it's supposed to be.

There are no rules for video games. There's nothing that says games can't try to get you to play daily. Plenty of games have systems that encourage playing very often. A game I was playing the other day rewards consecutive logins, not just cumulative but genuinely trying to get you to log in every day. I don't like the system, but it's not against the rules. You can't just say "It's not supposed to be like that!" Likewise, you can't say that games are supposed to be something you play whenever you have free time. Some games take a lot longer to play than others. If I want to go for at least one C rotation in Arbitrations I'll be there for a half an hour or more. That's one match. A game like Apex Legends can have matches that end in under two minutes, at least for you and your squad. So no. Games are NOT supposed to be something you can play at any random time of the day. Some games are designed to be played in short bursts, some aren't. One or the other isn't what people are supposed to do when they make a game.

This Nightwave system isn't inherently flawed like you're making it out to be just because it might take a bit of time. It just might not be the right system for you. But that doesn't mean it's bad. I like it. It's more creative than alerts(at least a little more) and less restrictive than them. It's more fun for me. It's not bad because you don't have the time to play it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Im.done with them all.and it took less that 4 hours.i haven't logged in since day 1.

Im.a nurse and i work 12h shifts pretty regularly, am a father and husband with general health care and staff meetings.

I could have told you EARLY that Wf is not for you  then (or any other game that requires a bit of work for that matter)...
What is it with  this I need to have all the same rewards (and not doing  barely nothing) mentality as opposed to people that put in more hours.
If you are that casual you dont need more catalysts or umbral forma beucase COME ON you only have 1 hour a week to play right :-?

like 6 hours vs 336 hours  for nitain, thats literally 5600% worse, i dont know what else to say, its more than 1000% worse and thats generally what we use as an exaggeration. its five times worse than a hyperbole of bad

4 minutes ago, Zatyrbryn said:

like 6 hours vs 336 hours  for nitain, thats literally 5600% worse, i dont know what else to say, its more than 1000% worse and thats generally what we use as an exaggeration. its five times worse than a hyperbole of bad

You should probably go back to school to try (atleast try) learning math.

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

7 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

It's called passion 😉 maybe I'll create one too! (It's . Odd though that most didn't get merged)

No its called ignoring Forum etiquette because people feel entitled to complain about a system despite a response from DE Steve that indicates the POSSIBILITY of tweaks followed up by further clarification in the latest devstream to that effect. They wont merge threads as so many are infected with aggression and complaints that are baseless why keep that top of the forum? There is plenty of indication from Steve Rebecca and the Community managers/team that this system is NOT set in stone. Also how about the fact that the Fugitives and Wolf will spawn more often later in this nightwave? OH RIGHT PEOPLE IGNORE THE GOOD STUFF!

EDIT The comment about increasing spawn rates came direct from the last devstream so please go watch it before getting snarky. I am not one to spread wild baseless theories unlike a good portion of this forum it seems.

Edited by Hyroncore
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

You should probably go back to school to try learning math.

6 by 5600% is 336? theres 336 hours in two weeks, the approximate wait time until i can next acquire nitain? my math is spot on pal

5 minutes ago, Zatyrbryn said:

6 by 5600% is 336? theres 336 hours in two weeks, the approximate wait time until i can next acquire nitain? my math is spot on pal

Really... I expected this reply from (people that hasnt thought it through)..
Come on... think again..

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

3 minutes ago, Zatyrbryn said:

Literally just here for the nitain, make it obtainable through regular means something akin to tellerium would be my solution, this is not ok

IF you are JUST here for the nitain you can get it "GUARANTEED" in under 3 hours even without setting your phone on alertmode.
Could you get 5 nitains before IF you were a casual player and dint use " a no life app" (faster than the new system)?

Edited by (XB1)Dic3man

Just now, (XB1)Dic3man said:

Really... I expected this reply from (well I dont wnt to even say it words)..
Come on... think again..

You're trolling, ok here it is laid out in black and white

100% of 6 is 6

336 / 6 = 56
56 x 100 = 5600
5600% of 6 = 336 or if ur a bit slow which it seems, 56 x 6 = 336

IF you are JUST here for the nitain you can get it "GUARANTEED" in under 3 hours even without setting your phone on alertmode.

Guaranteed you say, because thats literally the only reason im here, tell me more, when you say guaranteed, you're quoting and it makes me feel like thats not exactly the truth
Edited by Zatyrbryn

30 minutes ago, Zatyrbryn said:

Nightwave is like taking a giant S#&$ on all of us, im glad you spent time developing this, im glad it went through so many hands, and every single one of u was like, yep thats it, thats the ticket right there, i talked with my flatmate about this, as hes the reason i even started trying to play the game in the first place, and the more i hear from him, the more its all about #*!%ing over new players, like do you even want a #*!%ing player base lmao

Have you played the game or just reacting to someones personal opinion? Cause this sounds like someone who has been told to post to support an argument without actual experience and as such is toxic af and quite frankly idiotic to boot.

Are the definition for hardcore no life gamer different in different parts of the world?

Where I'm from, You'd only "earn" the title of hardcore no life gamer if you play at least 10 hours a day. 

Nightwave is a casual grind since you can finish all the challenge in few hours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hyroncore said:

Have you played the game or just reacting to someones personal opinion? Cause this sounds like someone who has been told to post to support an argument without actual experience and as such is toxic af and quite frankly idiotic to boot.

Im speaking from personal experience, ive played nearly 100 hours now, still fairly new tbh, i have my valkyr prime almost complete, just need 3 primed mods, i figure ill make saryn prime while im at it, i have the stuff i ne- wait i dont have nitain extract, how do i get it, al- wait no those are removed now, how do i get it now, ohhhhh, i wait two weeks until i can complete enough challenges, because i for the #*!%ing life of me cant fully socket 5 ayatan sculptures nor even start sorties yet, so how the #*!% im meant to get to lv3 before two weeks im not even sure. the alternative is to face  grind sabotage missions apparently, which im genuinely contemplating. hooray for fcuking around. it was a simple mission 4 times a day. now its #*!%ing slavery, and im the one giving them money....um...#*!%ing no. i spent money on this S#&$ fest barely 2 weeks ago, and this is how they reward me, making my life difficult. Great. good #*!%ing job. im just gonna go #*!% myslef and save whoever the #*!% makes this stupid #*!%ing game the trouble

32 minutes ago, (XB1)Dic3man said:

I could have told you EARLY that Wf is not for you  then (or any other game that requires a bit of work for that matter)...
What is it with  this I need to have all the same rewards (and not doing  barely nothing) mentality as opposed to people that put in more hours.
If you are that casual you dont need more catalysts or umbral forma beucase COME ON you only have 1 hour a week to play right :-?

I think you quoted the wrong person or didnt read my post that well. I literally said the system is fine and i got it done in 4 hours. 

Also i play Tera (a game that took me 24 days to craft a brooch) and trust me that game is far more punishing and takes more work than all of warframes content combined.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang