Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change/remove Ayatan sculpture bounty in Nightwave

JSalari

Having to farm for Ayatan sculptures in Oestrus is honestly one of the most miserable experiences I've had so far in my time playing the game. 5 is too just too many to farm for, and it's a tremendous amount of effort for only 3000 points. I like most of the other bounties, but this was far too demanding. Ideally a bounty should be related to taking part in the activities available, or earned naturally through play. Having to farm one node over and over again, or leaving it up to luck is not rewarding at all. Even if it was a minor tweak like requiring less sculptures, or even finding Ayatan stars. Luck based bounties just aren't very enjoyable, and when they're time gated they can become stressful.

Of course this is all just my opinion, maybe someone can tell me if I was doing something wrong or if I could've done it more efficiently, but overall this was a very negative experience for me.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

I get, on average, two or three statues per day from my syndicate dailies.

How do you get them from that? I don't think I've ever seen one, even in a full team that's scouring the map for insignias

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JSalari said:

How do you get them from that? I don't think I've ever seen one, even in a full team that's scouring the map for insignias

I get them by... looking? There's not really a trick to it. Stacking as much loot radar as possible helps, of course.

8 minutes ago, nslay said:

After this Nightwave bounty, I will never again socket any statues unless I have more than 5 unsocketed handy. Is this what DE wants players to think about when they get statues?

Do they want players to plan ahead and have methods of meeting challenges available? Yeah, probably.

Besides, if you're not in immediate need of the endo, then why wouldn't you keep a few naked statues on hand?

8 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

I get them by... looking? There's not really a trick to it. Stacking as much loot radar as possible helps, of course.

I am a new player myself. I don't know what is different about syndicate missions, but I can tell you that from farming Marduk for Bullet Dance, and Naeglar for Shell Shock/High Voltage, and Pavlov for Scattering Inferno/Rime Rounds, and T3 Spy for Frigid Blast/Thermite Rounds... I only manage about 1-2 sculptures per week from repeatedly running these missions (I found all these mods, but I have a strange attachment to these maps now!). And Marduk and Naeglar require you to look around for 3 special caches. If you're hunting for 3 caches, you're not going to miss a sculpture. I have found far more special Forma/Booster containers than Ayatan Sculptures on Naeglar and Marduk. And those containers are pretty rare themselves. These things do not spawn very frequently.

2 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Do they want players to plan ahead and have methods of meeting challenges available? Yeah, probably.

Besides, if you're not in immediate need of the endo, then why wouldn't you keep a few naked statues on hand?

Because I like to hang them in my personal quarters' ceiling/wall. I have about 40 of them all over the place and the room is just full of random motion! I haven't needed to melt them down yet... I have a good supply of Endo, but I'm still waiting on Baro to buy more primed mods (I am new to this game).

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

I am a new player myself. I don't know what is different about syndicate missions, but I can tell you that from farming Marduk for Bullet Dance, and Naeglar for Shell Shock/High Voltage, and Pavlov for Scattering Inferno/Rime Rounds, and T3 Spy for Frigid Blast/Thermite Rounds... I only manage about 1-2 sculptures per week from repeatedly running these missions (I found all these mods, but I have a strange attachment to these maps now!). And Marduk and Naeglar require you to look around for 3 special caches. If you're hunting for 3 caches, you're not going to miss a sculpture. I have found far more special Forma/Booster containers than Ayatan Sculptures on Naeglar and Marduk. And those containers are pretty rare themselves. These things do not spawn very frequently.

I know one difference is, quite simply, that syndicate dailies are considered a special mission type, similar to invasions and the recently-deceased alerts. Rare containers have an increased chance to spawn in such and I always figured statues followed the same logic, being special pickups.

5 is too many honestly, since most players will get maybe 1-3 per week and the challenge will only be around for one week they should just drop it down to "Slot 1 fully" to encourage Maroo's weekly hunts.

I've sometimes found several ayatans in one day, but that has happened so rarely that I can count the instances of it on my left foot alone.

• Like 1

It isn't that hard
it literally took me 1 min to complete that challenges and 1 hours to complete half of the nightwave challenge 
but i do agree  5 fully filled ayatan for 3,000 reputation is a little bit too much

Edited by .OwOkin.

Sorties give "pineapples" often and you're probably going to get 1-2 from Sorties a week. And Sorties are relatively accessible and doable for even new/intermediate players with some knowledge of elemental damage. Combined with Maroo's challenge, I'd say 2-3 sculptures is more reasonable. Now that we don't have alerts, there is little reason to run normal missions and stumble upon sculptures like before. Nope, no reason whatsoever unless you're crazy like me and actually enjoy missions like Naeglar (Hive Sabotage), Marduk (Void Sabotage), Pavlov (Lua Spy) and miscellaneous T3 Spy maps!

5 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

All the ayatans from sorties came in good use for me personally. 

That and trials, when they were a thing. 

But i'll concede that for some this can be very frustrating. At least if uncompleted, one doesnt loose too much progress.

Considering the devs said that the convicts (as well as the wolf) will spawn more often as Nightwave series 1 continues, I don't think missing the 3k matters much either way.

Just now, Blackwolfe said:

Considering the devs said that the convicts (as well as the wolf) will spawn more often as Nightwave series 1 continues, I don't think missing the 3k matters much either way.

Oh yeah, definitely. 

I was lucky enough to have time to finish the entirety of the week's challenges. 65% completion seems fair. 

What grinds my gears is getting Wolf Sledge. XD

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Oh yeah, definitely. 

I was lucky enough to have time to finish the entirety of the week's challenges. 65% completion seems fair. 

What grinds my gears is getting Wolf Sledge. XD

Was lucky enough to get the bp. But the parts for it have yet to drop.