Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet Stasis mechanic is an anti-loadout time waste.

Carnage2K4

With the new set mods and fetch being available I've been making some builds that include pets...
I also change frames quite a bit to keep stuff interesting.
This mechanic of having only one pet at a time, and having to put current pet into stasis, wait... Get next pet out... Equip... Why does it exist? I mean it literally just wastes my time with unnecessary screwing around.

DE knows this system is horrible, it was worse when we had to wait  30min or spend 10K creds to speed up the process, but instead of just fixing the entire issue by getting rid of it... They just half fix it. But we still need to go through the process of switching out pets for no actual reason as far as I can tell... What, the digital "creature" is more "alive" than a sentinel?

I'll give an example: I just went to Fortuna to do some bounties, I use a mecha set Ash build in OV ATM because frankly it's OP, But I forgot my Mecha Set Kubro was in Stasis because I'd been using Nidus + Helmith... Awesome -.- ... Back to my Orbiter... 6 Kubros, which one has the mecha build is anyone's guess as I've not used it in a week or so. Place pet in Stasis, remove other pet from stasis, move to arsenal, equip, check, nope, go back to Incubator, REPEAT... This is the best way to implement what is essentially one type of equipment when all other types of equipment are near instantaneous to swap? c'mon, Really?

Solution:
I would pay the 10K creds again so that I can select my pet directly from the arsenal (not that I think you should as you have already removed the cost now), if it's in stasis fine have "in stasis" plastered across it, but at least still have it selectable/equitable and be able to look at its mods while in the arsenal (even lock down its mods till it's out of stasis if you want) and have the pet remain as part of the loadout when you swap frames. When I leave the arsenal with an "in Stasis" pet, sure, give me a warning that I'll be swapping out one pet and putting the other back in stasis (make it an option in the arsenal as well)...

But don't make me go through this multi-menu 'select, move and wait' process when I just want to change frames or one piece of equipment in the build and get back in game, even focus (thankfully) is a fast switch in the arsenal now, please update the pet system to be this simple... As it's still pointless and irritating if you want to make the most out of builds with pets.

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

This mechanic of having only one pet at a time, and having to put current pet into stasis, wait... Get next pet out... Equip... Why does it exist? I mean it literally just wastes my time with unnecessary screwing around.

Yeah this lengthy process is the bane of my existence too... its so clunky too.... but im not holding my breath waiting for this to change any time soon.

1 hour ago, Carnage2K4 said:

DE knows this system is horrible, it was worse when we had to wait  30min or spend 10K creds to speed up the process, but instead of just fixing the entire issue by getting rid of it... They just half fix it. But we still need to go through the process of switching out pets for no actual reason as far as I can tell... What, the digital "creature" is more "alive" than a sentinel?

And after this we will have to pay maintenance for sentinels too...

4 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

Crap, 6 Kubros, which one has the mecha build is anyone's guess as I've not used it in a week or so

...Not that I'm defending the stasis timesink being a problem but this is 100% on you and not the system, If you're going to have that many companions each with a different build then you should likely make a post-it note with which one is which to PREVENT this issue from happening in the first place.

Hindsight Man...AWAYYYYYYYY -flies off into sunset-

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aldain said:

...Not that I'm defending the stasis timesink being a problem but this is 100% on you and not the system, If you're going to have that many companions each with a different build then you should likely make a post-it note with which one is which to PREVENT this issue from happening in the first place.

Hindsight Man...AWAYYYYYYYY -flies off into sunset-

I should not have to use outside sources to keep track of equipment that in every other part of this game does not have such an issue. I have that many Kubros because there are 5+1(+2) different species of pet... If I want to use Nidus... I need to do the process to get out my Helmith, changing frames should not be this arduous or requiring a separate self made manual to use. Anyone, the part you quoted was the event which prompted the OP, keeping seperate postsit notes would not fix the process of changing pets when you swap frames.

I understand the original idea behind it, but 4 years later WF is a much faster game and more streamlined in the frame swapping process, but this pet mechanic is old and not up to the standard of the current game or UI.

Changing to operator to switch Focus was annoying, it was changed... Pet switching is annoying, it needs to be changed.

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Like 1

Stasis is also very anti-loadout

If you set a pet to a loadout, but then switch the pet, that loadout will now have no pet or sentinel equipped. If you equip it then switch loadouts and forget about it, you'll find yourself loading into missions without pets frequently. Quickly making you switch back to sentinels, because you don't have that restriction with them.

19 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I'd rather pay 20k credits to change a pet instantly than going through the stasis BS

Yeah... They won't put on a price now that it's gone, but I would have much rathered them remove all the nonsense in swapping pets for loadouts and keep the Cred cost over what we have ATM.

It really is a vestigial system and I seriously wonder why it just hasn't been completely removed from the game. They keep removing/redacting small chunks of it but the clunk is still there. I kinda wonder is there is some sort of under the hood coding nightmare that is preventing them from just changing it over to a user friendly interface or if it's just some holdouts that don't want to update the system because immersion? 

Eitehr way the Stasis system being removed would be a massive QOL update for Warframe. Maybe it will come with the new Kavat *fingers crossed*

Edited by Oreades

10 hours ago, Oreades said:

It really is a vestigial system and I seriously wonder why it just hasn't been completely removed from the game. They keep removing/redacting small chunks of it but the clunk is still there. I kinda wonder is there is some sort of under the hood coding nightmare that is preventing them from just changing it over to a user friendly interface or if it's just some holdouts that don't want to update the system because immersion? 

Eitehr way the Stasis system being removed would be a massive QOL update for Warframe. Maybe it will come with the new Kavat *fingers crossed*

I can't imagine it would be difficult, if they can add the exalted weapons system in, they can defiantly change the pet system to an analog of the ones we already have in game.

I can't agree more that it would be massive QOL update, especially now that Pets have functionally been brought to the level of sentinels and Vacuum, it really needs to be done.

3 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

+1

I want my zoo

I'd imagine it would be more like Sentinels, where you could just swap them out whenever and you;'ll probably be able to mark one as your favorite and that will be the one that walks around the orbiter regardless of what the other Warframes have equipped. 

• Like 1