Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

60 min survival in Kuva fortress WITHOUT using life support modules? How?

(NSW)Belaptir

Question

Well, as title says. The next nightwave elite challenge is surviving in the kuva fortress for over 60 mins without using life support modules (that, to my understanding are the pick ups dropped from enemies). The question is not how am I supposed to survive, because it would be probably enough to just keep using the life support capsules dropped every minute or so. The question is: How am I supposed to avoid picking up a single module from enemies for a whole hour? The kuva fortress is known for its narrow corridors and small rooms rather than wide open spaces. Besides, even if I manage to gather all the enemies in a single place, I still might need to move from one capsule to another passing by those corridors. I guess the easiest option would be to not kill anyone for the whole hour while remaining invisible and surviving from the capsules (which should be enough given the quest), or even without the capsules, just letting the life support finish and remaining invisible and hidden living from energy pads.

However, it's gonna be very boring. Any other suggestions on how to do it?

• Like 1

Quit using singular and use plural wording. I mean get a team and do it, use mics and stuff. This makes 1 hour + missions not as boring. Too many people in this thread complaining about I can't instead of saying we can. I'm speaking from experience of doing kuva survival. It's meant to be a challenge people so do it or don't. I don't do some challenges because I don't want to without complaining about it.

13 hours ago, Ms_Salami said:

60 mins really isnt new player friendly assuming is in one session. New player alerts replaced by end game season pass. ;s

Thats why its a ELITE WEEKLY.

And you can get all 30 ranks doing only 60% of the challenges like Steve said.

You really think 60 min in a survival is endgame?

And new players have their rewards at early levels, and they can get all of them (slots, reactors. catalysts and formas) while playing the game without even caring about Nightwave.

11 hours ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

Yes, it's easily soloable with a Nekros, but since your connection is bad, it's gonna be hard to keep a friend/clanmate around if you host.

Not only it is hard to keep up with them as a host, it's also hard keeping up without being a host as well. I keep getting migrated because of that 1-2 second of lagspike my wifi causes. 

13 hours ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Thats why its a ELITE WEEKLY.

And you can get all 30 ranks doing only 60% of the challenges like Steve said.

You really think 60 min in a survival is endgame?

And new players have their rewards at early levels, and they can get all of them (slots, reactors. catalysts and formas) while playing the game without even caring about Nightwave.

The thing is, it's the only end game for those at the end now, instead of being a replacement for alerts which was something I used as a new player a lot. Sometimes it was the quickest way to ensure you got certain materials, weapons, etc.. and could be done in 2-10mins max each. Now they are locked behind the credits system in Nightwave (which as a new player you are unlikely to get more than one item per week now) and some removed altogether. The alerts were bad because they would be on only 1 hour so people would miss them or because the rewards were too small for say endo and credits. A simple way would have been to extend the alert times and increase the rewards as appropriate.

We are yet to see if 60% is accurate. It depends how long Nightwave goes on for (we have been told around 10 weeks), but let's go with 60% completion, 17 tasks per week means you need to do 10 so lets say the 3 elite tasks, 1 weekly and 3 daily missed per week, giving you (6*3k + 4*1k) 24k per week achieved and you need 300k, so we are looking at 13 weeks. 60% for 10 weeks appears misleading.

Now don't get me wrong there are some really nice things about nightwave I like but there are issues that need resolving.

Edited by Ms_Salami
correction for 7 days

9 hours ago, acebuys said:

Has anyone complete it and did you extract kuva...? 

Several people in this thread have completed it, and used the towers to extract kuva. Life support drops are fine to pick up.

Since we know the fail condition in the game (using the towers for life support), I'm not sure what people are arguing about at this point.

• Like 1

On 2019-03-03 at 8:46 PM, phoenix1992 said:

Can OP not spread misinformation?

The challenge is to not touch the towers aka "life support modules", in case OP has missed the memo the Wiki is not maintained by DE either, it is a fandom site.

Let's just completely ignore the fact that the lotus calls them the same thing the wiki does... he isn't spreading anything, it's just badly written on DE's part, cripes. 

people actually thought you couldnt pick up the random pick ups on the ground??? i didnt even consider such a thing since that would be literally impossible. i just took it as an error and did the mission, unlocked those two and 4 others all in one mission.

Here's my 2 cts:

I had 1 successful run (forgot to friend anyone 😕, should have read the instructions...). Anyway:

2x Despoil Nekros, Snowglobe Frost, Octavia

Second try failed after 45 min because of low drop/kill rate. Team:

1x Despoil Nekros, Defence Limbo, Mesa, Rhino

Looking back, 2x Nekros really seemd to have helped a lot because of the larger Area for Despoil. Or at least a specifically range build. Also, Limbo is only great until 40min. Then he becomes much too squishy, even with spin-to-win riven viral zaw.

It would be interesting to hear, if anyone used the Nekros/Limbo/Maim/Mesa combo...

00h

One necros is enough as long as he despoils and uses shield of shadows so he's not made of tissue paper. That and camp the kuva so if you die your team can revive you quickly. I was in a group that failed at 55, we did OK until we lost our negroes when he used up his revives.

I tried to solo this with Nekros whilst sitting in a corner with the enemies coming through a bottleneck. Got to around 30 mins wherafter the enemies stopped dropping that many pickups... Not to mention the insane napalms that would oneshot me. 

Okay, but I cannot get over how impossible it would actually be to do the mission without picking up any forms of Life Support? Like, those drops zoom right into your feet or Sentinel the second they drop. And Life Support is only replenished two ways. Picking up those guys, or poppin' the mini towers. XD It's just a fun thought.

Edited by Echo

The team will consist of Loki, Limbo, Saryn and Nekros. (We had the primed variant)

With Loki you'd want a max range build with the augment, Irradiating Disarm. What Loki will do is spam his 4th ability every now and then to disarm enemy to strip them of their guns and make them attack one another. This reduced the chances of them and their team mates being killed too quickly.

With Limbo, they are there to protect the Kuva siphoning module so go with Max duration. They will be responsible for taking the Kuva cylinders to the life support and then using 4tg and 2nd ability to prevent any damage to the Kuva siphoning module.

With Nekros, they need to have a decent desecrate build and must ensure to keep their 3rd ability active at all times to reroll loot and hope to get life support dropped by enemies.

With Saryn, she's a mass murderer. Get a range build, add regenerative molt just for survivability. You'd want to keep your 1st active and spam 4 every now and then when you spot lots of enemies.

Other things that made it easier: I put down a Octavia specter early on and we had other Warframe specters. Later I added a Clem clone and we ended up with 4 Clem Clones just to have more fire power. Near the end, you may want to drop down a Ancient Healer specter around the 50th minute.

With that we did both survival challenges since we did a kuva survival without using the life support modules and we survived a 60 min survival.

On 2019-03-04 at 4:31 AM, (NSW)Belaptir said:

No, according to the wiki, the modules are the pickups, the towers are life support capsules (Lotus calls them like that).

i have done it and picked the air modules dropped by enemies you kill.

Yes you can do it

I am messed up this week. 

I dont have friends to do Nightwave missions with. I am out working from 7.30am and not usually home until 20.00pm or later.

I am also losing out on WoT as I cant time to do 30k damage a day.

Every game seems set up for people with the most free time.

I'd prefer that Nightwave's Acts don't vary so much in difficulty/content requirements, but accept that this is the first "series" so they'll be trying to find the right balance.

The number of FOMO-related complaints around Nightwave is pretty ridiculous, especially as it is entirely optional and intended to tempt people into trying new things. Personally I don't know enough players to attempt the "with a friend/clanmate" Acts, so I don't bother wasting my time or pretending that it's a big deal.

2 minutes ago, AndyBeans said:

The number of FOMO-related complaints around Nightwave is pretty ridiculous, especially as it is entirely optional ...

This is now our primary source of Nitain and Potatoes... so no. Its not optional.... we must do them all.

4 minutes ago, AndyBeans said:

and intended to tempt people into trying new things. 

This true so far as  the Daily Challenges are concerned. All the ones have requirements that are far too high to be considered just "Trying"  new things

What I mean by this is "Catch one rare Fish" is something iwould consider a task meant to get people to get a taste of this content if there were on the fence about it but "Catch 8 Rare Fish" is just way too many and likely to turn people off fishing unless they need the resources.

43 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

This is now our primary source of Nitain and Potatoes... so no. Its not optional.... we must do them all.

I disagree, just because you need some Wolf Creds to buy Nitain and Potatoes doesn't mean that every Nightwave Act should be accessible (and entertaining) to the entire userbase. You don't have to "do them all" to earn Creds, I've been ignoring (or failing) plenty of Acts and have surpassed all Cred reward tiers except the 15 you get each time you earn 10k affinity at tier 30.

Need potatoes ≠ need to do every Act and reach tier 30. It's pure FOMO, not a necessity.

Edited by AndyBeans

9 minutes ago, AndyBeans said:

I disagree, just because you need some Wolf Creds to buy Nitain and Potatoes doesn't mean that every Nightwave Act should be accessible (and entertaining) to the entire userbase. You don't have to "do them all" to earn Creds, I've been ignoring (or failing) plenty of Acts and have surpassed all Cred reward tiers except the 15 you get each time you earn 10k affinity at tier 30.

Sure... and if The reward for going past level 30 wasn't more Wolf Cred then you would have a point.... as it is now.... literally every single challenge matters.... including the challenge of recapturing those Fugitves.

More importantly if you're a veteran then what the hell do you need Nightwave for ? 

Whats stopping you from going 1 Hour of Kuva Survival without Life Support ? Whats stopping you from Doing the Profit Taker ? 

Why do you need a whole new system telling to do any of this.... ?

15 minutes ago, AndyBeans said:

Need potatoes ≠ need to do every Act and reach tier 30. It's pure FOMO, not a necessity

The crap that you're missing out on is exactly what makes it a Necessity.... its not just a fear of missing out... you actually are missing out on stuff.