Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worried about Nightwave Season limit

Cpt-Night

11 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

It's not gated, which is what I said.  It should have a better drop rate.  I have said that elsewhere already.  That isn't a problem with nightwave though, that's a problem with nitain.  

I don't know it you noticed, but nitain scarcity is but one problem of Nightwave approach.

Try and look at it from a new player perspective.

Before this, you needed to watch for alerts for aura mods, helmets, Vauban parts and nitain. But even if you didn't, there were a lot of people who would get a spare aura mod just on the off chance that someone will need it. I sure did.

Now a new player would have to choose. Want aura mods? Forget cosmetics. Want enough nitain for one Vauban Pime? Forget everything else. And so on.

And there will be almost no spare auras on the market apart from those gathered from the old alert system. Because of that same choice affecting even older players to some degree.

But you are free to continue denying the problem. Like DE did with their ''it's raining mutagen samples in derelict" argument after putting a 5k sample Hema research requirement for a ghost clan.

I'll just say that I don't want to get a new account and try out the ''somewhat new player" experience at this point. After Hema happened I dropped the one I set up to try and solo all the clan research, for example. Because doing clan research solo was an epic grind before Hema and became just about impossible after it was added.

En 4/3/2019 a las 0:11, Cpt-Night dijo:

others might just want a pile of Umbra Forma etc.

I think they are avoiding to do this on purpose. Probably later will be another way to get Umbra Formas, but not that easy, not yet.

The only thing i saw at the begining of this Nightwave and in what i still think was right, is locking the Nintain behind points you might use in other things and then, get something that requieres Nintain and you have to wait sometimes more than a week to get them. Really? Later i could get more thn 10 every week and now if i need one more i have to wait one or two weeks till i can get W.Creds again? 
Yeah, if you full this Nightwave and start to get only wolf cred, maybe you can stack up enough nintain for all the humanity, but for new players and till you fulfill that, you will lack thoose if you want to get a helmet skin or a weapon one. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

the free stuff they give away? u mean literally everything that isnt a skin, and hell half the skins?

It's free in the same way a car with a big rebate is cheaper, and even then not to that degree because somewhere someone had to buy the plat you trade for, you can't do late game effectively with only 4 frames, you can't reach maxed mastery tiers without access to the Dojo, ect,

On 2019-03-16 at 6:40 AM, Flirk2 said:

I don't know it you noticed, but nitain scarcity is but one problem of Nightwave approach.

Try and look at it from a new player perspective.

Before this, you needed to watch for alerts for aura mods, helmets, Vauban parts and nitain. But even if you didn't, there were a lot of people who would get a spare aura mod just on the off chance that someone will need it. I sure did.

Now a new player would have to choose. Want aura mods? Forget cosmetics. Want enough nitain for one Vauban Pime? Forget everything else. And so on.

And there will be almost no spare auras on the market apart from those gathered from the old alert system. Because of that same choice affecting even older players to some degree.

But you are free to continue denying the problem. Like DE did with their ''it's raining mutagen samples in derelict" argument after putting a 5k sample Hema research requirement for a ghost clan.

I'll just say that I don't want to get a new account and try out the ''somewhat new player" experience at this point. After Hema happened I dropped the one I set up to try and solo all the clan research, for example. Because doing clan research solo was an epic grind before Hema and became just about impossible after it was added.

I solo'd the hema as a storm clan.  Bad argument.  it sucked, but it's not the worst grind in the game, that's tower white.  I agree nitain scarcity is a problem, but your example doesn't do anything to help the argument.

I rejoined the game at the same time that Nightwave dropped. I’ve got a lot of stuff to do already on my new account, and a lot of the stuff the Nightwave event wants me to do (Sorties, Kuva Survival for 60 minutes without using Life Support, and now the Profit Taker Orb?) just isn’t accessible to new players.

I remember frantically rushing to complete 8 Bounties on Orb Vallis at the last hour last week. Frantically working to complete an assignment before it’s gone isn’t fun- it’s stressful. It’s like...homework, almost.

Not to mention the Fugitives and Wolf are ABSOLUTELY NOT NEW PLAYER FRIENDLY. I swear, they wrecked me so many times just on normal missions. I’ve got Nidus now, so the Fugitives aren’t as big of an issue as they were, but for frick’s sake the Wolf is still ridiculous. HE DOESN’T EVEN DROP ANYTHING WORTHWHILE!

I was doing a low level mission on Venus and I had to fight the Wolf with the “help” of a MR 0 Excalibur. The little guy held out pretty well (I had to keep reviving him, but he didn’t give up) and we beat the Wolf. You know what he dropped? A mother fudging Tempo Royale stance mod. Da fuq?

Second time I beat him he dropped a toxic status mod. Not even a dual status mod. Just a fricken’ regular silver rank mod. At least gimme rep! I think he’s worth 4000+ Nightwave rep at least.

If I don’t at least make it to rank 30, and all the unique rewards go *poof* for glob knows how long, I’m going to be so pissed. I want that Armor set. I probably won’t even use it. But I will absolutely lose my mind if I only get half the rewards or some bs like that. 

And hun, I don’t have all that much mind left to lose.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

I rejoined the game at the same time that Nightwave dropped. I’ve got a lot of stuff to do already on my new account, and a lot of the stuff the Nightwave event wants me to do (Sorties, Kuva Survival for 60 minutes without using Life Support, and now the Profit Taker Orb?) just isn’t accessible to new players.

I remember frantically rushing to complete 8 Bounties on Orb Vallis at the last hour last week. Frantically working to complete an assignment before it’s gone isn’t fun- it’s stressful. It’s like...homework, almost.

Not to mention the Fugitives and Wolf are ABSOLUTELY NOT NEW PLAYER FRIENDLY. I swear, they wrecked me so many times just on normal missions. I’ve got Nidus now, so the Fugitives aren’t as big of an issue as they were, but for frick’s sake the Wolf is still ridiculous. HE DOESN’T EVEN DROP ANYTHING WORTHWHILE!

I was doing a low level mission on Venus and I had to fight the Wolf with the “help” of a MR 0 Excalibur. The little guy held out pretty well (I had to keep reviving him, but he didn’t give up) and we beat the Wolf. You know what he dropped? A mother fudging Tempo Royale stance mod. Da fuq?

Second time I beat him he dropped a toxic status mod. Not even a dual status mod. Just a fricken’ regular silver rank mod. At least gimme rep! I think he’s worth 4000+ Nightwave rep at least.

If I don’t at least make it to rank 30, and all the unique rewards go *poof* for glob knows how long, I’m going to be so pissed. I want that Armor set. I probably won’t even use it. But I will absolutely lose my mind if I only get half the rewards or some bs like that. 

And hun, I don’t have all that much mind left to lose.

I think the fugitives spawn at different levels, sometimes they go down in a hit others they get me in one, fought the wolf 4 times now I think in the entire nightwave, all I got was 3 shocking touches and a handle part.

I don't mind the harder tasks even if I can't complete them, they are supposed to be "elite" after all, I do however seriously dislike that my Nightwave standing will reset and I will miss out if I don't play enough, actually making me not want to play. Also its a joke that my Wolf Credits reset, we worked for them if we want to wait and hold on to them for something we want, why cant we?

All in all if they had of released this as its own thing and let us complete it at our own pace only then moving onto the next and not treating it as a replacement for alerts I would of been happy with the "new" content. Burried Debts was fun as well, hope they see sense and make it party of the bounty board in the backroom.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

I solo'd the hema as a storm clan.  Bad argument.  it sucked, but it's not the worst grind in the game, that's tower white.  I agree nitain scarcity is a problem, but your example doesn't do anything to help the argument.

1) You having done something doesn't mean anything for how doable it is for an average person. Sorry, but if you did solo Hema in a storm clan, then you are obviously not an average player by any metric.

2) I don't need to argue against nitain scarcity. It's obvious, glaring even. If I need to convince you that it is a problem, I might as well give up right away. Someone who doesn't see it as a problem is not someone who I can convince of anything.

3) Putting offerings most of which are needed only for new players (and forcing a player to choose only a select few of them to boot) behind a grind wall of high level missions does not a pleasant new player experience make.

I just have to wonder, why some people insist that such spikes in grind as Hema and resource choke-points like making nitain for all intents and purposes Nighwave exclusive are fine and not something to complain about. And how exactly making aura mods this rare can be considered fine?

• Like 1

On 2019-03-16 at 12:40 PM, Flirk2 said:

Indeed. I gave all my spare auras to new players already, and even though i know many people do that right now, the plat prices for all auras are going up steadily.

https://warframe.market/items/corrosive_projection/statistics

Not a good development.

Edited by TheFBD

14 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

1) You having done something doesn't mean anything for how doable it is for an average person. Sorry, but if you did solo Hema in a storm clan, then you are obviously not an average player by any metric.

2) I don't need to argue against nitain scarcity. It's obvious, glaring even. If I need to convince you that it is a problem, I might as well give up right away. Someone who doesn't see it as a problem is not someone who I can convince of anything.

3) Putting offerings most of which are needed only for new players (and forcing a player to choose only a select few of them to boot) behind a grind wall of high level missions does not a pleasant new player experience make.

I just have to wonder, why some people insist that such spikes in grind as Hema and resource choke-points like making nitain for all intents and purposes Nighwave exclusive are fine and not something to complain about. And how exactly making aura mods this rare can be considered fine?

I don't think you understand.  I said very explicitly that nitain scarcity is a problem, but that your argument was invalid.

nitain scarcity has nothing to do with the hema, additionally, nitain also not a needed resource either because...

honestly at this point the scarcity of nitain does one thing only, it teaches people to bust relics, to save up to buy those frames with plat rather than farm them.  trading 300 plat however, is not something that new players can do easily.  I can trade for a 1000 plat a day if I feel like it, but I have so much it's not worth bothering to even log in because I already have everything, with dumb level god rivens on it.  Nightwave however, gives me a clear objective with something to do.  This means nightwave isn't the problem.  The problem is nitain scarcity for new players and also new players being able to trade 300p for a frame.  Can you imagine getting maybe 20 nitain in 3 months while trying to build vauban prime who requires a butt load of nitain?

For a new player to trade for 300p, they are looking at T1 relics only, and they have to run a ton of excavation to get them at a reasonable rate, and they can't complete a mission in under 2 min the way better geared characters can.  They might occassionally get a good drop from a random in pub, but that's not going to help them that much towards their first 300p. 

Coming to think of it, it probably took me three months to grind my first 300p in game, and as you said, I'm not an average player.

Adding slots to nightwave was a good move in helping the game be free to play, but nightwave scarcity of resources pushes it back as much as it moved forward.

That said, the problem isn't with nightwave explicitly, it's with resource scarcity, that's what I'm saying.

nightwave is just fine being the way it is (except we need a mute button for nora and the umbral grind is obscene [over 4 years to outfit 5 frames and 1 weapon with umbral forma], but that doesn't mean the game as a whole needs balancing in this respect.  

frankly I think increasing the drop rate of nitain from caches would do fine, since it would encourage players to do an activity that isn't mindless spin to win (ie cache hunting).  Alternately, if it dropped semi rare from an exploiter orb that would be fine too, since players would then have some level of reward for doing them, I honestly see no reason to fight exploiter orbs since they drop nothing of value to me.  Even the cosmetic ephemera, while a good thought, I'm not into those that drop from that orb (i honestly just like the stalker one).

putting nitain on them would give players a reason to want to take on those challenges and it would simply shift the priorites, making venus more important before grinding out vauban and other frames that are super nitain heavy, which is reasonable.

For someone like me, Nightwave doesn't offer much to begin with. I don't really need anything from the store, so Wolf Cred means little to me. I got enough Slots and Forma, so those don't matter much either. The main things on the Tiers are exclusive cosmetics, exclusive mods, exclusive items. 1, 2, and 5 are good, but then it slows down, 9, 10, 13 and 14. In total, 14 of the 30 items are useless to me. Now, for a newer player these rewards might be great. They get that Heat Dagger for Mastery, some quick and easy Forma to power their gear up, slots to buy more stuff, whatever. But even for newer players this poses a problem. What if you need Energy Siphon? The store rotates every 7 days, so that means you have to wait a week for another chance at the store having Energy Siphon, and if it isn't up for sell, too bad. The amount of Wolf Cred offered is pretty low too. You get 300 total, meaning if you enjoy Vauban, you need to pay 60 Creds for the Nitain, then 75 for an Orokin Reactor, which leaves you with 165 Creds. The Saturn Six Ornament might be a Season 1 exclusive, and being a collector, you'll want to pick that up for the 40 Creds. Can't forget about the Armistice Helm for 35 Creds. Now you're down to 90 Creds, just off of 4 items and you still haven't bought a single Aura Mod.

Having seasons also means new players miss out on certain things. Need I bring up Primed Chamber as an example? Players who join in a year see you shooting off your Grakata really fast and ask "Hey, how are you shooting your gun so quickly?" and you reply with "It's a special mod called Wild Frenzy". They ask "How do I get this mod?" and you reply with "You can't anymore". Now that new player might not even want to try out the Grakata. What could've been a really fun weapon for this new player to use is now shelved because what they wanted to do isn't possible anymore. Not just that, but for people who can't log in every day are now behind as well. To give you a personal example, this past February my home was burglarized and my computer was stolen. For just over a week I didn't have access to Warframe as I waited for my insurance check to come in, and to have the game reinstalled on my new computer. But Nightwave didn't stop because of my personal problem, it just kept on going. A week isn't that long to wait, sure, but what about people who can't log in for say, a month? Maybe they have to attend a funeral, or their home was flooded. Maybe they're just busy with life, attending college, or need to attend a State Sports Conference. Whatever the reason, they can't log in, but Nora don't care, she got other Dreamers to help her.

No, Nightwave needs to only offer Wolf Creds as Tiered rewards, and her shop should include the current rewards for purchase. If I want the Saturn Six Glyph, sell it to me for 75 Creds. If I want an Umbral Forma, sell it to me for 150 Creds. If I want the Heat Dagger, sell it to me for 50 Creds. Make Wolf Creds as rewards every 3 or 4 Tiers or whatever if you have to. But the current Tiers shouldn't be like this.

9 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

I don't think you understand.  I said very explicitly that nitain scarcity is a problem, but that your argument was invalid.

nitain scarcity has nothing to do with the hema, additionally, nitain also not a needed resource either because... 

There is a rule "tertium non datur" something can not be a problem and at the same time not be a problem.

You are trying to justify something that is obviously detrimental for a large group of players (if not the majority of them).

I brought Hema as an example of an insane grind spike (about 70 times the largest mutagen sample requirement of all research...). And a stubborn DE stance that ''it's raining mutagen in derelict. Everything is fine."

Will we see the same ''sunk cost fallacy'' with Nighwave? I can only hope not. Because it will make the game extremely unfriendly for beginners.

9 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

That said, the problem isn't with nightwave explicitly, it's with resource scarcity, that's what I'm saying.

If you count aura mods as resource, sure. Problem is, most aura mods were only obtained through alerts. Now you need to spend measly wolf credits you get on them. Or buy them at exorbitant prices. As was already pointed out:

20 hours ago, TheFBD said:

Indeed. I gave all my spare auras to new players already, and even though i know many people do that right now, the plat prices for all auras are going up steadily.

https://warframe.market/items/corrosive_projection/statistics

Not a good development.

The whole thing would be a nice addition to the old alerts. But it is a very bad replacement for them.

Increasing nitain drop chance or adding it to other drop tables will do little to sort out the mess Nightwave made out of the whole flow of the game.

The very fact that you try to defend it with this:

On 2019-03-06 at 11:52 AM, Klokwerkaos said:

Second, veterans have literally nothing to do.  Even with nightwave, I'm done in under five minutes a day, and when the week switches over I get about 2 hours.  This gives us something to work for as aspirational content.  At least now though, i have a reason to log in at all.

brings out how much of a failure the whole thing is. You are not excited to do it. You ''have a reason to log in at all''. Which, IMO, is just not a good direction to take a game in. Because you'll get tired of it sooner rather than later, but new people, that can't do half the challenges and will, therefore, feel like they won't ever get what they want, will probably just quit.

Moreover, the often brought about ''they are noobs, they don't deserve high end rewards!'' argument is just stupid. How exactly are aura mods, catalysts, reactors or nitain a nigh end reward? It's not like you can get those without going up in ranks. And with the prices as they are this whole thing just feels an unrewarding, grindy hell.

Bringing platinum into the argument is also quite strange. Seeing as there is no free platinum (apart from the plat prizes, an insignificant amount compared to the player base), someone needs to buy it with money. Getting it from someone else doesn't change the fact that it was bought with real world money. And buying something to support developers and having to buy an aura mod because there are none to be had without jumping through a long chain of hoops are two entirely different things.

And before you say ''you don't need x and y''.

Well, of course you don't need anything. You don't even need to play the game. But then how would you enjoy the game, and what would be the purpose of it's existence?

Just ask yourself:

How fun would it be for you to start playing this game at this moment?

How fun would it be knowing that you won't be able to build all the things that need nitain, because there is just not enough of it even if you get all the credits and spend all of them on nitain?

How fun would it be to know that if you do that, you won't get most aura mods? Or alternate helmets? And miss all the weapons that are really just mastery fodder, so are not really worth missing out on nitain?

The whole Nightwave thing is a mess because instead of adding it on top of the alert system, they replaced that system with a less rewarding one.

Edited by Flirk2

31 minutes ago, Flirk2 said:

There is a rule "tertium non datur" something can not be a problem and at the same time not be a problem.

That's not quite what it means. Either way, you missed what he said. He said that Nitain scarcity is an issue, but the proposed solution sucks. Those two are not mutually exclusive, there's no reason to exclude "a third option". 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That's not quite what it means. Either way, you missed what he said. He said that Nitain scarcity is an issue, but the proposed solution sucks. Those two are not mutually exclusive, there's no reason to exclude "a third option". 

I used it as it is used. I quoted a place where he first said it's a problem, and then said, that nitain is not needed. How is it not breaking the "tertium non datur"? It's either a problem, or not needed, hence, not a problem. It can't be a problem, and not be a problem at the same time.

Not to mention, the whole point was about using nitain as a glaring part of a larger problem.

Edited by Flirk2

49 minutes ago, Flirk2 said:

I used it as it is used. I quoted a place where he first said it's a problem, and then said, that nitain is not needed. How is it not breaking the "tertium non datur"? It's either a problem, or not needed, hence, not a problem. It can't be a problem, and not be a problem at the same time.

Not to mention, the whole point was about using nitain as a glaring part of a larger problem.

He provided that third option in the part you left out. 

He said that the scarcity of resources is an issue, but showed how the specific resource itself is not needed. 

Where is the issue? 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Where is the issue? 

The issue is that there can't be a third option.

Something either is a problem, or it isn't.

You can say that the problem is not big enough to bother you. But I was specifically pointing out that one can not judge a problem too small for everyone. If I don't have problems with nitain, for example, it doesn't mean that no one will. I see what this system will do to other people, who couldn't gather 180 over the years... Same with auras, I don't have a problem with the lack of Steel Charge, but I see how I would if I started a new account today.

Said it before and Ill say it again, DE don't care and since they don't care my wallet is now closed for good no chance in hell Im accepting this 10+ grindfest as a replacement for Alerts, So only thing I can do, no more money for you DE, Not until I see alerts returned in their former glory and Nightwave progress only resetting when we complete it.

I won't be playing this game for very much longer either if your approach is to punish me if I don't jump through your hoops or work on my chores fast enough. Luckily plenty of other things to keep me amused, Im just sad I finally coughed up on Microtransactions, yes you popped my cherry DE and then you go and pull this crap.

I too tried the “I’m not going to spend any more money on you DE, until you start listening to player feedback more”

It didn’t last long. But I still wish DE would listen (and more importantly, address) these concerns.

I’m only just now rank 10. I’m doing as many challenges as I can muster, having a bunch of other goals I need to be working on right now. Heck, there were just two events running simultaneously (now just the one) so I feel I’m being pulled 6 ways from Sunday.

Occasionally a challenge just so happens to align with a goal I’m already working on (Do 3 rescues, do 3 mobile defence missions, kill enemies with viral damage or get headshots or kill x number of enemies etc.) and I wish more challenges would be like this.

I *might* be able to rank up with Cetus in time to get the Murkray bait I need to complete the “Catch 6 rare fish in Plains of Eidolon” challenge but...I’m not sure I’ll be able to swing that one.

- as for the “crack 10 relics”? HA! Better give Xbox players an extra day to complete that one. Fissures are back now, far as I can tell, but some players might still be affected.

I have been saying pretty much all of this since the beginning. Its really nice to see that I am not alone in feeling this way.

One of Warframe's greatest strengths has always been how much freedom it gives players. But Nightwave goes against that. Specifically in two places: The majority of rewards being locked to a rigid rank order, and the challenges themselves. In both cases, DE has tried to get one single option to satisfy every one of the game's millions of players. This is impossible. Not everyone values the same items, and not everyone has the same desire or capability to complete the challenges.

All the rank based items should be moved to the Cred shop, and replaced with nothing but Wolf Creds. That way, everyone has an actual choice in what they get. Instead of potentially grinding through several ranks of stuff you don't care about, you can get just what you want, ignore what you don't, and spend whatever is left over on extra resources or whatever. And you won't have to worry about not getting to a high enough rank for that one specific item before the season ends. There also shouldn't be a maximum rank, it should just be about getting as far as you can to get as many Creds as you can.

As for challenges: There should be a large pool of challenges to pick from every week. Players can choose a certain amount of them as their personal challenges that week. There should be multiple difficulties, and standing payouts to match. That way, you won't have to worry about getting a bunch of challenges that you either can't do, or wouldn't enjoy doing. You can pick the ones that fit you the best, for whatever the reason. This would hopefully make getting Nightwave standing actually be enjoyable, instead of just a list of chores to get out of the way before you get to your actual goals.

With both of these changes, I think the seasonal time limit would no longer be nearly as much of a problem. Though it could also be removed as well, and instead, simply have new items roll into the Cred shop every few months.

Also, some nitain related math:

It currently takes over 160 nitain to acquire everything in the game that needs it. At 5 nitain for 15 Wolf Creds, it takes 480 Creds to buy 160 nitain. This means that even if you get to rank 30 you can't buy enough nitain to get everything, since you only get 300 per season. This is also assuming that you don't want to spend your Creds on anything else, which is doubtful.

This really doesn't seem fair. It also makes me really glad that I got so much nitain from alerts before they went away. If alerts were still around, and still gave nitain slowly, but consistently, that would be nice. And then Nightwave nitain bundles would be for if you needed a quick boost.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

I *might* be able to rank up with Cetus in time to get the Murkray bait I need to complete the “Catch 6 rare fish in Plains of Eidolon” challenge but...I’m not sure I’ll be able to swing that one

You know that you don't have to be the person who tosses the bait to benefit from it, right? Just ask in recruiting for someone with bait to help you complete the task. 

On the plus side the fish can be traded in for Ostron standing which will help you to level that up. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977

29 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Also, some nitain related math:

It currently takes over 160 nitain to acquire everything in the game that needs it. At 5 nitain for 15 Wolf Creds, it takes 480 Creds to buy 160 nitain. This means that even if you get to rank 30 you can't buy enough nitain to get everything, since you only get 300 per season. This is also assuming that you don't want to spend your Creds on anything else, which is doubtful.

This really doesn't seem fair. It also makes me really glad that I got so much nitain from alerts before they went away. If alerts were still around, and still gave nitain slowly, but consistently, that would be nice. And then Nightwave nitain bundles would be for if you needed a quick boost.

That seems to be the math for if you get to above rank 24 but not greater than 30.

Can you show the math for what happens if you manage to go past 30? Like to 34 or thereabouts? 

As an aside, I keep hoping that we'll get a week or two in between seasons when it's just creds because those 8 ranks would probably be a huge help for the newbs and help the older heads recover from any burnout. Especially since many of those older heads don't really care about what the cred shop is offering. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

That seems to be the math for if you get to above rank 24 but not greater than 30.

Can you show the math for what happens if you manage to go past 30? Like to 34 or thereabouts? 

As an aside, I keep hoping that we'll get a week or two in between seasons when it's just creds because those 8 ranks would probably be a huge help for the newbs and help the older heads recover from any burnout. Especially since many of those older heads don't really care about what the cred shop is offering. 

I don't think anyone knows what the amount of Creds per "prestige" rank past 30 is. It could be 10, it could be 50, it could be anything. So I really don't know just how far past 30 you would need to go to get 480 Creds in a single season. Either way, if you need lots of nitain, you better not be skipping any challenges. Though, if you still need that much nitain, you are probably still pretty new, and can't even do most of the elites anyway, so that doesn't really help, does it?

Also, from what I found on the wiki, here is the cost of everything else:

18 mods - 20 Creds each - 360 total

10 weapon skins - 30 Creds each - 300 Total

9 weapons - 50 Creds each - 450 total

3 Vauban parts - 25 Creds each - 75 total

38 alt helmets - 35 Creds each - 1,330 total

That's already 2,995 Creds for all that. Plus however many catalysts and reactors you may want, that is pretty ridiculous. Assuming you get 300 Creds per season, it would take you TEN WHOLE SEASONS to get everything here. Not to mention anything else they might add along the way. At 10 weeks per season, that's 100 weeks, or 25 months, or just about two years of grinding ranks for Creds. Once again, this makes me really happy I already got almost all of this stuff before Nightwave came along.

I haven’t been able to get a single Orokin Reactor or Catalyst from Nightwave yet, least not with creds. A few Aura mods, and a ton of Nitain, which I just burned through making Saryn Prime Components.

Rank 11 now, still terrified I won’t be able to get to rank 30 in time, forget prestige.

It is nice to have some more lore, a new character, a chance at Umbral Forma, free weapon slots and Warframe slots to earn etc.

But I hope DE listens to feedback and improves the system with these complaints in mind- before The Wolf of Saturn Six is over, not after when it’s too late, or at the last second.

4 hours ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

Rank 11 now, still terrified I won’t be able to get to rank 30 in time, forget prestige.

You should be able to still make it with some wiggle room for prestige, but you don't have as much leeway to skip missions any more. 

If you are only after the creds your goal is going to be much more manageable. 

Good luck, Tenno. 

6 hours ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

I haven’t been able to get a single Orokin Reactor or Catalyst from Nightwave yet, least not with creds. A few Aura mods, and a ton of Nitain, which I just burned through making Saryn Prime Components.

It is nice to have some more lore, a new character, a chance at Umbral Forma, free weapon slots and Warframe slots to earn etc.

But I hope DE listens to feedback and improves the system with these complaints in mind- before The Wolf of Saturn Six is over, not after when it’s too late, or at the last second.

This is why Nightwave's combination of having both a time limit and a progression cap is so awful. You can potentially fail to reach your goal from really early on, yet not even know it until its far too late. And even if you do still manage to make it, that constant fear that you might not will ruin any enjoyment there may have been. A part of the game that is designed to keep players engaged and playing more consistently should not be stressful like this.

Also, I really think that the true problems with Nightwave will only become apparent after we get all the way through the first season. I am quite curious to see just what percentage of players gets to rank 30 by the end.

• Like 3

On 2019-03-23 at 1:49 PM, Teljaxx said:

I don't think anyone knows what the amount of Creds per "prestige" rank past 30 is.

Supposedly, it will be 15 Wolf Creds per prestige rank. This info was dropped by DE stuff under Brozime's NV introduction video in comment section on YouTube. Award winning community management and information flow. 

The issue still stands: Wolf Cred acquisition is backwards. People who need them won't get enough; people who can get them easely do not need them.

• Like 3