Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worried about Nightwave Season limit

Cpt-Night

Yeah, you really should just get wolf creds like standing tbh.

Also, there should be an expiry date on any of it. Permanent expiry date on content has been one of the problems Warframe has had; event exclusive items. Now that's become the main meat of the game, delivered through daily and weekly chores. Oh boy.

21 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

This is why Nightwave's combination of having both a time limit and a progression cap is so awful. You can potentially fail to reach your goal from really early on, yet not even know it until its far too late. And even if you do still manage to make it, that constant fear that you might not will ruin any enjoyment there may have been. A part of the game that is designed to keep players engaged and playing more consistently should not be stressful like this.

Also, I really think that the true problems with Nightwave will only become apparent after we get all the way through the first season. I am quite curious to see just what percentage of players gets to rank 30 by the end.

Well after this weeks list of chores I don't think ill be making it, I wont be doing the scans I just dont find it fun, I won't be doing the 40waves of defense as my friends have already left to play something else and I won't be repeating the Silver Grove quest either it was a chore getting the plants the first time round not going to do it again.

Already missed a few challenges  in previous weeks mainly the friends ones and the hour long ones so do I really want to risk it when i will no doubt miss more next week as well. Not going to put in the effort just for it to be taken away and they haven't even given us a date for when it does get taken away.

Good Work DE good work indeed you managed to end my fascination with this game with one terrible change. To think people on the forums where saying Nightwave is so much better, its so much faster, so much easier to get what we want. No, no its ten times the grind, a 5 minute mission turned into weeks of tasks add to that the threat of loosing it all if im no fat enough, you really think players will stick around for long? I Know I wont, just look at my ingame hours, look at how much is now spent on my ship or with the game minimized because I can't find the motivation or want to play anymore.

Just bring back alerts DE, not one good reason to not other than you are trying to push us into the store. But if you adamant on keeping nightwave and removing alerts why not take away all our helmets and auras and make everyone get them again with the new system, that would be fair wouldn't it, wonder what the reaction would be then...

Anyway, done and dusted time to do something constructive.

On 2019-03-21 at 9:08 AM, Flirk2 said:

There is a rule "tertium non datur" something can not be a problem and at the same time not be a problem.

You are trying to justify something that is obviously detrimental for a large group of players (if not the majority of them).

I brought Hema as an example of an insane grind spike (about 70 times the largest mutagen sample requirement of all research...). And a stubborn DE stance that ''it's raining mutagen in derelict. Everything is fine."

Will we see the same ''sunk cost fallacy'' with Nighwave? I can only hope not. Because it will make the game extremely unfriendly for beginners.

If you count aura mods as resource, sure. Problem is, most aura mods were only obtained through alerts. Now you need to spend measly wolf credits you get on them. Or buy them at exorbitant prices. As was already pointed out:

The whole thing would be a nice addition to the old alerts. But it is a very bad replacement for them.

Increasing nitain drop chance or adding it to other drop tables will do little to sort out the mess Nightwave made out of the whole flow of the game.

The very fact that you try to defend it with this:

brings out how much of a failure the whole thing is. You are not excited to do it. You ''have a reason to log in at all''. Which, IMO, is just not a good direction to take a game in. Because you'll get tired of it sooner rather than later, but new people, that can't do half the challenges and will, therefore, feel like they won't ever get what they want, will probably just quit.

Moreover, the often brought about ''they are noobs, they don't deserve high end rewards!'' argument is just stupid. How exactly are aura mods, catalysts, reactors or nitain a nigh end reward? It's not like you can get those without going up in ranks. And with the prices as they are this whole thing just feels an unrewarding, grindy hell.

Bringing platinum into the argument is also quite strange. Seeing as there is no free platinum (apart from the plat prizes, an insignificant amount compared to the player base), someone needs to buy it with money. Getting it from someone else doesn't change the fact that it was bought with real world money. And buying something to support developers and having to buy an aura mod because there are none to be had without jumping through a long chain of hoops are two entirely different things.

And before you say ''you don't need x and y''.

Well, of course you don't need anything. You don't even need to play the game. But then how would you enjoy the game, and what would be the purpose of it's existence?

Just ask yourself:

How fun would it be for you to start playing this game at this moment?

How fun would it be knowing that you won't be able to build all the things that need nitain, because there is just not enough of it even if you get all the credits and spend all of them on nitain?

How fun would it be to know that if you do that, you won't get most aura mods? Or alternate helmets? And miss all the weapons that are really just mastery fodder, so are not really worth missing out on nitain?

The whole Nightwave thing is a mess because instead of adding it on top of the alert system, they replaced that system with a less rewarding one.

"If you count aura mods as resource, sure. Problem is, most aura mods were only obtained through alerts. Now you need to spend measly wolf credits you get on them. Or buy them at exorbitant prices. As was already pointed out:"

Nightmare missions are a thing, and they are easy if you aren't on a baby excal with no mods.

" but new people, that can't do half the challenges and will, therefore, feel like they won't ever get what they want, will probably just quit."

Nothing in warframe is hard, ever.  If they quit because it's too hard, they probably should stick to candy crush.  Warframe is not pay to win, it's stay to win.  This is justifying horrible behavior.  Essentially you're saying if newbies don't get stuff handed to them on a silver platter they should quit, and we should be upset about it.  Having to grind to get what you want for free is not an issue for any reasonable player.  Bad argument.

"The whole thing would be a nice addition to the old alerts. But it is a very bad replacement for them."  I already said that same thing, it seems you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

"Increasing nitain drop chance or adding it to other drop tables will do little to sort out the mess Nightwave made out of the whole flow of the game." not really, it's an opinion, so it's valid in that it's an opinion, but not all opinions are equal.

"Bringing platinum into the argument is also quite strange. Seeing as there is no free platinum"

Weird, it's almost like you never heard of grinding relics to trade parts for plat, either at premium, or at least at ducat prices.  If you're not familiar with this newbie method might I suggest your opinions aren't very well informed.  It seems also that this method works just fine for buying those mods you were whining about too.  

"How fun would it be for you to start playing this game at this moment?"

That's really not a fair question.

Because I know what I know, I could breeze through the game at 100x the pace of an actual new player, and when I did breeze through it initially I think Max MR was 21?  And I got it in like 4 months, by that point the game already had years of content behind it.  Most, if not all, of the challenge in warframe comes from new player ignorance, not from difficulty curve, since there is no actual difficulty in wf (at best it requires a willingness to google and a very significantly mild amount of manual dexterity).   If I started a fresh account, I'm fairly certain I could max the MR in aproximately 1 month, and that would mostly be due to time gates from things like build times and MR test waiting.  That said, players that don't seek to get informed can have played this game for 6 years at this point and still be on MR 15.  Lack of player ambition to succeed and failure to educate oneself is the chief reason people fail this game, and I won't support any argument that enables this behavior, end of story.

Could improvements and sidegrades be made to make the experience more enjoyable?  Well, yes, and I already said some of them which you seem to be throwing in my face as either not viable or as if I didn't already say the same damned thing.  I don't think your argument is very coherent or well informed, so i don't think I'll have anything more to respond to here with you unless you can make a valid and viable point.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

On 2019-03-28 at 1:59 AM, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Really how do you propose to do that when you would be lucky if you could get 30 Nitian and 2/3 Auras in that amount of time?

auras can be bought with plat I trade for.

nitain can still be farmed.

your argument is invalid.

9 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

auras can be bought with plat I trade for.

nitain can still be farmed.

your argument is invalid.

Auras could be earned easily previously without the need for plat, show me an efficient way to farm nitian please? Its your argument that is invalid sir.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Auras could be earned easily previously without the need for plat, show me an efficient way to farm nitian please? Its your argument that is invalid sir.

You can google/wiki it yourself, I'm not your maid.

I agree that it isn't the most efficient, and that's why I've said elsewhere it should either have another drop source and/or buffed rate, but that doesn't mean you can't farm it.  There is a reason the game is referred to as warfarm/grindframe.  That said, it can be done, and I can do it because I know the game well enough to be efficient at it.  

Additionally, there isn't much reason to go beyond MR 16 anyway, the only advantage past that is it makes forma placement slightly less inconvenient, but you can still level up a weapon to 30 in a single round (or two) of ESO.  This is besides the point but it's a glaring issue with progression.  They keep stacking on more weapons to make more MR without adding appropriate challenge level.

Point being though, Once you're at 16 the game is essentially done, everything past that is simply prestige/very minor QoL.  That said, you can still grind quickly and breeze through the game if you know what your'e doing.  The trouble is most players don't know how to knock out 20 levels in 20 days, and while DE is to blame in part for that ignorance, it's also something that will never ever change because it A) affects their bottom dollar B) would hurt a major marketing arm (affiliate program) and C) would require constant maintenance above and beyond what's already there.  That said, the information is out there, you just have to know how to access it, and it's not that hard if you know how to use google.

3 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

You can google/wiki it yourself, I'm not your maid.

I agree that it isn't the most efficient, and that's why I've said elsewhere it should either have another drop source and/or buffed rate, but that doesn't mean you can't farm it.  There is a reason the game is referred to as warfarm/grindframe.  That said, it can be done, and I can do it because I know the game well enough to be efficient at it.  

Additionally, there isn't much reason to go beyond MR 16 anyway, the only advantage past that is it makes forma placement slightly less inconvenient, but you can still level up a weapon to 30 in a single round (or two) of ESO.  This is besides the point but it's a glaring issue with progression.  They keep stacking on more weapons to make more MR without adding appropriate challenge level.

Point being though, Once you're at 16 the game is essentially done, everything past that is simply prestige/very minor QoL.  That said, you can still grind quickly and breeze through the game if you know what your'e doing.  The trouble is most players don't know how to knock out 20 levels in 20 days, and while DE is to blame in part for that ignorance, it's also something that will never ever change because it A) affects their bottom dollar B) would hurt a major marketing arm (affiliate program) and C) would require constant maintenance above and beyond what's already there.  That said, the information is out there, you just have to know how to access it, and it's not that hard if you know how to use google.

You can not justify saying a 1% drop chance is efficient farming specially when you take into consideration a few weeks ago we could get it guaranteed on a five minute mission. I don't mind grinding, I've got everything in GTA and I used to play Runescape many moons ago, grind is not the problem my issue lies with them increasing that grind dramatically and slowing down progress specially of new players who won't know any better. A system that has worked for 6 years removed overnight and replaced with a system that expects so much more time and effort compared to the last. This wasn't about fun this was about logins and tempting people into the market.

I agree with you on the MR that is why I haven't been bothered about doing my tests, in reality im probably closer to twenty if not higher but find where I am is just the right amount of standing to grind out each day before it gets boring. Plus Im not really building anymore since Nighwave put me off doing any more of the MR grind.

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎25 at 10:41 AM, ShortCat said:

Supposedly, it will be 15 Wolf Creds per prestige rank.

I got to tier 30 today, and at least tier 31, the first "prestige" rank, only gives 15 Wolf creds.

So "prestige" tier levels are not exactly something to aim for, imho. Which leads to the conclusion that in practical terms the Nightwave ends with the pretty nice armor set at tier 30, and there is absolutely no need to stress out about "missing" the higher tiers, getting approx. 60% of the available standing together is enough.

If the assumption is that the "prestige" reward is a steady 15 Wolf creds per tier and that you needed around 2/3 of the max amount of standing available in Nightwave to reach tier 30, you might be able to reach something around tier 45 by doing "everything" before the series ends. Which then would have rewarded you with an additional 225 Wolf creds (after tier 30), which is the equivalent of 3 catalysts (for example). Everyone can draw their own conclusions about if this is worth aiming for and doing, or not. For me it just isn't, not for the rewards, but I might still do it "just for fun".

Edited by Graavarg

Nightwave has a lot of positives.

The rewards are neat. I'm incentivised to do content I normally wouldn't do. I login more, play more, fish more, mine more...

But my biggest complaint is...

Nightwave waits for nobody. It steamrolls me, every week. 

My boyfriend dumped me, and I was in a serious funk for a couple days. Guess who didn't feel up to playing Warframe? Guess who logged in and tried his hardest to complete all the weekly challenges he could before it refreshed despite that?

Yeah. It keeps me coming back...by holding a gun to my head.

"Oh, you don't feel like logging in today? Tsk tsk tsk. Guess you don't want that Wolf of Saturn Six Armor Bundle. Pity, who knows when you'll get another crack at it. And that Umbral Forma? Oof."

Similarly when I: got sick and just wanted to rest, wanted to play Pokémon Go with my friend Jennifer, just wanted to play Black Desert Online or any other game instead or do literally anything other than playing Warframe...I felt pressured to stay and complete Nightwave tasks.

Heck, I've had to put aside more personal goals, tasks I set for myself, things I wanted to farm or rank up, because I was too busy completing Nightwave tasks that didn't align with those.

The biggest issue here is the time limit DE. Everything else is awesome. If only I could do it in my own time.

Except the Wolf. Killing him is an unrewarding pain in the neck, at any time. Some jokers get lucky. The rest of us groan.

Also, Alad V seems to create some continuity issues, if you've already progressed past Patient Zero. Why is he not...you know? *cough* Mutalist-like?

Seriously, I’m screaming internally about NW rn.

I’ve missed so many tasks that I feel almost certain that I’m going to end up rank 26 or something by the time it ends and the next one begins.

You don’t understand how badly that’s gonna mess me up, unless you’re like me and you’re going to be affected similarly.

And the next Nightwave episode? After Wolf? Another 10 weeks of this Hell?

I don’t wanna go through this again. Don’t. Stop. God. No more.
giphy.gif

Put it all on pause, fix it, then resume.

Remove. 👏 The anxiety inducing. 👏 Timers.

For the love of all that is good and decent.

On 2019-04-04 at 1:28 AM, TheSkunkyMonk said:

You can not justify saying a 1% drop chance is efficient farming specially when you take into consideration a few weeks ago we could get it guaranteed on a five minute mission. I don't mind grinding, I've got everything in GTA and I used to play Runescape many moons ago, grind is not the problem my issue lies with them increasing that grind dramatically and slowing down progress specially of new players who won't know any better. A system that has worked for 6 years removed overnight and replaced with a system that expects so much more time and effort compared to the last. This wasn't about fun this was about logins and tempting people into the market.

I agree with you on the MR that is why I haven't been bothered about doing my tests, in reality im probably closer to twenty if not higher but find where I am is just the right amount of standing to grind out each day before it gets boring. Plus Im not really building anymore since Nighwave put me off doing any more of the MR grind.

Nobody said anything about efficient, i said I could do it and that it was possible.  That doesn't mean it would be a fun and enjoyable experience, hence why I've already addressed this very issue several times over regarding nitain...  that said, that doesn't make it impossible and not doable, so lets get the arguments correct.

It is possible to grind out your MR and do it quickly.  It isn't necessarily fun and enjoyable.  

6 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Nobody said anything about efficient, i said I could do it and that it was possible.  That doesn't mean it would be a fun and enjoyable experience, hence why I've already addressed this very issue several times over regarding nitain...  that said, that doesn't make it impossible and not doable, so lets get the arguments correct.

It is possible to grind out your MR and do it quickly.  It isn't necessarily fun and enjoyable.  

IF you remove the "quickly" then we are at agreement 😛

On 2019-04-14 at 3:37 PM, TheSkunkyMonk said:

IF you remove the "quickly" then we are at agreement 😛

Not everyone games at the same pace.  I achieved more in my first year of the game than the vast majority of players that came before me did in five.  Not everyone plays efficiently or often either.  Quick is a subjective perspective, and I don't feel it needs to be removed.

On 2019-04-12 at 4:41 AM, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

Nightwave has a lot of positives.

The rewards are neat. I'm incentivised to do content I normally wouldn't do. I login more, play more, fish more, mine more...

But my biggest complaint is...

Nightwave waits for nobody. It steamrolls me, every week. 

My boyfriend dumped me, and I was in a serious funk for a couple days. Guess who didn't feel up to playing Warframe? Guess who logged in and tried his hardest to complete all the weekly challenges he could before it refreshed despite that?

Yeah. It keeps me coming back...by holding a gun to my head.

"Oh, you don't feel like logging in today? Tsk tsk tsk. Guess you don't want that Wolf of Saturn Six Armor Bundle. Pity, who knows when you'll get another crack at it. And that Umbral Forma? Oof."

Similarly when I: got sick and just wanted to rest, wanted to play Pokémon Go with my friend Jennifer, just wanted to play Black Desert Online or any other game instead or do literally anything other than playing Warframe...I felt pressured to stay and complete Nightwave tasks.

Heck, I've had to put aside more personal goals, tasks I set for myself, things I wanted to farm or rank up, because I was too busy completing Nightwave tasks that didn't align with those.

The biggest issue here is the time limit DE. Everything else is awesome. If only I could do it in my own time.

Except the Wolf. Killing him is an unrewarding pain in the neck, at any time. Some jokers get lucky. The rest of us groan.

Also, Alad V seems to create some continuity issues, if you've already progressed past Patient Zero. Why is he not...you know? *cough* Mutalist-like?

Let me just make sure I got this.  You'd like to have all the elite rewards made for the elite players that dedicate tons of time to the game, none of which are necessary for defeating all of the game's content with ease, while also playing casually and not doing your daily/weekly tasks, all of which are easily doable by tagging along with anyone better than you in recruiting chat.

I'm affraid my ability to feel any sympathy is currently measured at 0%.

3 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Let me just make sure I got this.  You'd like to have all the elite rewards made for the elite players that dedicate tons of time to the game, none of which are necessary for defeating all of the game's content with ease, while also playing casually and not doing your daily/weekly tasks, all of which are easily doable by tagging along with anyone better than you in recruiting chat.

I'm affraid my ability to feel any sympathy is currently measured at 0%.

Did you not even read what I said?

Wait. No. That's a rhetorical question. You obviously didn't.

Let me make this as simple as possible for mr. or mrs. Elite Gamer here.

I have a life outside this game. It's not a super exciting life, but it's there and needs tending to all the same.

Week to week, the amount of time I can afford to play this game varies depending on how my life is going at that very moment.

I want the rewards without having to sacrifice my life outside this game, or worse, sacrifice my own mental/emotional and physical well being.

I'd happily sink the same amount of hours and effort as everyone else to earn these rewards. The issue here is the deadline.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)Fat Gregory said:

I'd happily sink the same amount of hours and effort as everyone else to earn these rewards. The issue here is the deadline.

If we're gonna be honest here, the 'elite' challenges are not even particularly 'elite.' They just have larger quotas for completion.

As you said, Nightwave brings a lot of positives to the table... But the worst thing about it is being punished for not wanting to play Warframe every single day for weeks on end in order to finish it.

IMO, Nightwave should operate on missions, similar to Alerts Missions. Available for a limited time, but with effectively infinite supply and standing rewards based on difficulty (y'know, actual 'elite' content balanced at or around Sortie levels). These missions should also be player-triggered, not drip-fed out based on some RNG cycle the way Alerts were.

For example, Wolf of Saturn 6 has its thematic roots at Saturn... So players would run intelligence - Spy, Capture, Interception, etc. - missions in that region. Finishing an intelligence mission reveals Nightwave alerts with guaranteed chunks of standing gain and fugitive spawns. The quantity and quality of missions generated would be influenced by performance during the intelligence run (i.e., infiltrating all 3 vaults undetected yields better results than triggering all 3 alarms or failing some of them).

After finishing enough Nightwave alerts, the player can use intel from captured fugitives to track down and confront the Wolf in an Assassination-type mission for more standing and a roll of his loot. After beating/losing to the Wolf, he disappears again and the fugitive cycle resets. As the season progresses, the Wolf starts his own "assassin runs" against the player as well, as he does currently. At the end of the season, the "fugitive gate" would be removed/reduced and players would be able to confront the Wolf repeatedly up until the end.

By using player-driven triggers for missions and splitting up standing rewards based on relative difficulty, players would have more freedom to play when they can/want while being able to play "catch-up" by

a. Playing longer sessions when they do play, or

b. Prioritizing higher-difficulty missions to catch up more efficiently.

Edit: for clarity, intelligence runs would occur in Saturn, but would spawn alerts around the entire system.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

The biggest problem with the 10 week limit is that it makes people who started playing, returning,  or stopped playing in the middle for a while,  feel gimped and hopeless.   There is no lifeline for people who missed a few weeks.  I think I missed just the first two or three,  yet I doubt I'll be able to hit 30.   Early players also had additional advantages like double value fugitives on top of that while later players don't.  We have no lifeline,  we can't do anything to try to get more standing through additional effort.  Even WOLF himself doesn't give any standing, wtf.

• Like 2

Question that I don't know where else to put:

Somebody was saying that if/when the Wolf of Saturn Six event returns to Nightwave (we're told that it will), people will retain whatever progress they made. Does anyone know if any of  this is true? I forget where I heard it so I might be talking completely out of my ass, but that just seemed like a decent way to reconcile the event's limited-time with people who don't have the time or opportunity to "eat it all in one go," as it were. If progress is retained between re-runs of the event, then the "FOMO" ought to be significantly less problematic. Sure, you didn't get all the stuff YET, but you'll get to keep going later on. It becomes effectively another Prime Vault. Not something I like necessarily, but it seems like the lesser evil if we HAVE to have a Battle Pass.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Somebody was saying that if/when the Wolf of Saturn Six event returns to Nightwave (we're told that it will), people will retain whatever progress they made. Does anyone know if any of  this is true? I forget where I heard it so I might be talking completely out of my ass, but that just seemed like a decent way to reconcile the event's limited-time with people who don't have the time or opportunity to "eat it all in one go," as it were. If progress is retained between re-runs of the event, then the "FOMO" ought to be significantly less problematic. Sure, you didn't get all the stuff YET, but you'll get to keep going later on. It becomes effectively another Prime Vault. Not something I like necessarily, but it seems like the lesser evil if we HAVE to have a Battle Pass.

The issue is that there’s no telling when the episodes will return.

Months? A year? 2 years? How frequently are re-runs going to occur?

53 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

The biggest problem with the 10 week limit is that it makes people who started playing, returning,  or stopped playing in the middle for a while,  feel gimped and hopeless.   There is no lifeline for people who missed a few weeks.  I think I missed just the first two or three,  yet I doubt I'll be able to hit 30.   Early players also had additional advantages like double value fugitives on top of that while later players don't.  We have no lifeline,  we can't do anything to try to get more standing through additional effort.  Even WOLF himself doesn't give any standing, wtf.

Exactly.

Heck, I’ve been actively participating since week 1, I’m almost at Rank 25, and I still feel uncertain.

Less than a month remaining before season 1 ends, according to the wiki. 19 days, 8 hours and 30 minutes.

I think I can, but I’ll be cutting it hella close.

• Like 2

On 2019-03-05 at 7:01 PM, Skaleek said:

An Increase of 0.000000000000000000000000001% is an increase. I want them to give some hard numbers on current spawn rate and projected increase over time so i can judge just how long i have to grind to get the wolf sledge, my only current incomplete content in Warframe.

I play this game at least 3 hours a day since the event begun, and so far i can count on two hands the amount of times i've seen him... and on one hand the times he dropped a hammer piece at all (which was always the same too).

The drop rates of his hammer are the worst thing in all the matter, definitely a step back from boss rewards as a whole.

I play this game since it was released to the general public, and back then the boss rewards were INFURIATING. Nowadays you always get a warframe component, but back then there was only A CHANCE it could drop anything at all... sounds familiar ?

Why make such a leap backwards with a limited time event ? Is it to encourage us to spend plats ? Because if that the case, sadly, i'm a "poor" player who purely grinded his way to MR 26, because can't buy plats anytime. Sure I did buy some skins, but the only time i may afford to buy some "premium currency" is when i get a 75% discount, and i still can't make use of it most of the times.

I was used to get a large discount every now and then with a certain frequency until the new year came along, and now i still have to see any since January. I hope i'm not sounding like trowing some kind of accusation around but... coincidentally, it's since the beginning of this year that the RNG as a whole seems to have gotten way worse than usual, not just for the discounts but also for the relics and prime drops as well.

DE, if you're doing this because you want us to buy plats, first, i can't trow money at you anytime i want, second, I WANT TO GRIND FOR WHAT I CAN EARN WITHOUT SPENDING PLATS... But, sadly, the stupidly low spawn chances of the wolf himself plus the "backward mentality" drop rates of the hammer pieces themselves are telling me you don't want me to.

Isn't it ironic that a game about grinding is not letting me grind ?

I'm also gonna add this: It might be an overreaction, but I already left 2 other games because of how the respective developers decided to "go for the money and give a middlefinger to those who work hard" (those two games are Smite and TF2, and you can all see their state nowadays), please, don't turn me off from this game. You did a great job so far, don't flip the "F-U switch" like these other guys did. I may have 4667 hours so far in Warframe, but i already dumped two games which i was "invested" into, i wouldn't have a problem leaving another one.

Edited by Otakuwolf
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

If that's true, I am seriously at a loss as to what DE could be thinking.

While it would certainly help alleviate FOMO pressure, it makes the entire Nightwave repeating cycle rather pointless in the long run: Oh, you finished all the Saturn Six reward tiers? Look forward to earning nothing substantial whenever the cycle repeats.

What's worse is that the cycles are each supposed to be 10 whole weeks. That means players who miss out are waiting months to years for a cycle to reoccur, and those who finish are stuck with mediocre incentives to participate until something new rolls around.

Either there are few enough cycles that players quickly run out of useful Nightwave content, or there are so many cycles that players are waiting a ridiculously long time to continue where they left off.

And unlike the Prime Vault, there's not much opportunity to trade with other players for what you need in the meantime.

17 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

If that's true, I am seriously at a loss as to what DE could be thinking.

While it would certainly help alleviate FOMO pressure, it makes the entire Nightwave repeating cycle rather pointless in the long run: Oh, you finished all the Saturn Six reward tiers? Look forward to earning nothing substantial whenever the cycle repeats.

What's worse is that the cycles are each supposed to be 10 whole weeks. That means players who miss out are waiting months to years for a cycle to reoccur, and those who finish are stuck with mediocre incentives to participate until something new rolls around.

Either there are few enough cycles that players quickly run out of useful Nightwave content, or there are so many cycles that players are waiting a ridiculously long time to continue where they left off.

And unlike the Prime Vault, there's not much opportunity to trade with other players for what you need in the meantime.

Perhaps re-runs can coincide with new episodes.

16 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Nightwave was sold to us as a replacement for Alerts, and the majority of the old Alert rewards (the ones which weren't just dropped out entirely) aren't in the actual Nightwave Seasonal "arc." Rather, they're in the Credits store. I'm currently sitting at Nightwave 29 (because I lack a sense of self-preservation, apparently), meaning that whenever Nightwave returns I'm just going to start earning Wolf Credits again. With them, I'm likely going to buy more Nitain, more Catalysts and more Reactors, which is - broadly speaking - about the only thing I wanted out of the old Alerts system, too. I see that as not terribly different from Baro Ki'Teer showing up offering nothing I don't already have, or a Prime Vault being opened to reveal a Warframe I hate or indeed already have.

Arguing that wasn't my point, though. I was more wondering if someone's heard anything about it. I picked it up from an off-hand comment here on the forums though I forget where or from whom. It struck me as a decent idea at the time and was hoping someone else had heard about it. Given the responses so far, I'm starting to suspect this isn't true.

• Like 2