The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid Woes

Fundance

Ok, so the Torid is and has always been my absolute favorite weapon. It was powerful and satisfying to use, but took a bit more skill and finesse to use than your average rifle, needed to be potatoed to really shine, and provided great presence in high end defense missions due to its versatility. While not quite as lethal to the player as the ogris, there was still the penalty of damaging yourself significantly with gas clouds, forcing players to learn the right time and place to drop the clouds. I had always suspected that it needed a tiny nerf, but this is a bit too much.

Stealth nerfs and weird buffs in update 10 - poison radius increase, no longer damages players, elemental portion of clouds no longer ignores armor.

Why would you do this? The fact that it no longer damages the player seems nice at first, but it removes what skill cieling this weapon had prior and completely nullifies certain clever strategies such as Trinity and her Link + Torid or Rage + torid. Is this some sort of anti-fun zone? Those strategies are a smart way of making use of technical mods and abilities, the sort of thing that makes builds unique and playstyles varied.

Secondly, no more armor ignore on clouds? I only assume this is being done in preparation for the upcoming armor update, so I'll give it the benefit of a doubt for now, but it seems unecessary to remove one of the biggest perks. 24 damage per tick being migitated by armor amounts to absolute peanuts at higher levels, even if the clouds can be stacked.

I like the improved radius, but the other changes are making the gun a fair bit less fun to use. Please bring back the ability for Torid to damage players, and make it armor ignore once again, even if the base damage of the clouds might need to be slightly nerfed.