Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Not Convenient For Solo Players

Title says it all.

My player experience: My work schedule recently changed to grave shift, and I will be working 11:00PM-7:00AM for the next two months. The Warframe playerbase I associate with currently operates on the polar opposite schedule of me, and I'm not at all feeling inclined to indulge in any extra-curricular social activities on my off hours. Given my situation, making friends that I will never be able to associate with again in two months isn't worth the hassle. As many of the Nightwave missions require cooperative play with individuals registered on a friends list, I'm currently unable to complete many highly lucrative Nightwave missions, because of conflicting schedules.

I don't appreciate being left out of a reward system because of my social situation, and apparently, this is a fairly common sentiment in the community. I'm not going to meet and greet new people and invest in a relationship with a 2-month long expiration date for a flipping video game. Remove the requirement for cooperative play, because mandating a third party's inclusion into a progression based reward system does nothing to enhance the experience; it only gates content behind social barriers. Keep this between the game and the individual player; make all content available to ALL players, even those who choose to play Warframe solo.

Edited by (XB1)Vile Slanders
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

People seem to forget, that Warframe is a multiplayer game.
It should be obvious that you can only get the most out of the game if you play it as a multiplayer game...

Did you even read what I wrote? I do play in groups; I'm currently unable to play in groups.

Now to address your point (or lack thereof): Warframe may be intended to be a multiplayer video game, but until now, it has never punished members of its community for playing solo. If you belong to a sizable and tightly knit community with a variety of schedules, good for you; you aren't being affected by this. I don't belong to a large community; I have no desire to; and it is costing me content. Removing the "Friend/Clanmate" requirement from the mission logs will have no effect on your experience; but it will improve mine. In light of that, your assessment is purely subjective and runs counter to the stated interests, and is therefore rendered meaningless to me and an outspoken portion of the community.

Abridged version: There aren't any stakes for you in this debacle, so your opinion has no value.

Edited by (XB1)Vile Slanders
  • Like 2

I agree with this

Since it is a multiplayer game, I can understand why they would want to implement multiplayer challenges, but locking it behind the "pLaY WiTh yOuR fRiEnDs" can be a problem

I had a "Complete sortie with friend/clanmate, I asked my clan if anyone wanted to join, no one answered, none of my friends have warframe either, some of them do, but their MR is very low so they can't do sortie or eidolon hunts

I think they should make it so instead of being with friend or clanmate, they should make it so you have to play with someone else, literally anyone, so that all you'll have to do it set it to public and you'll be able to get the challenge done

Edited by (PS4)PS_90210

They said in the devstream that they are looking into / thinking about not having play with friends / clan requirements in the future. For now I'll just repeat myself yet again; only 60-65% of objectives need to be completed to get all rewards so no one is forcing anyone to do content they can't or don't want to do.

11 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

It should be obvious that you can only get the most out of the game if you play it as a multiplayer game...

The problem with giving rewards for playing with friends or clan is that it creates a demand for fake friends and that has nothing to do with being social or having fun with friends. People are asking for payments (plat, mods, arcanes, gifts from the market) just to offer "friend service"... and I'm sure others are desperate enough to pay. That is just wrong and bad desing (been there, seen that with Blizzard rewarding mounts in WoW if you played HOTS with friends, I know several people who paid real money for someone to play with them).

5 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

They said in the devstream that they are looking into / thinking about not having play with friends / clan requirements in the future. For now I'll just repeat myself yet again; only 60-65% of objectives need to be completed to get all rewards so no one is forcing anyone to do content they can't or don't want to do.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/ax3n18/i_think_the_60_of_nightwave_challenges_to_hit/

4 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I didn't read any of this in the terms of service nor game description. If a dev would kindly confirm what you say is true I will gladly (and many others I think) uninstall. I was looking for a game to cool off not a mandatory social experiment

9 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

The only issue I have with this rationality, is that it doesn't address the ability to Prestige. Say that about 10% (total ballpark figure) of Nigthwave's content is gated behind social barriers; that's 10% of Prestige content that solo players can't access. Given that Wolf Creds can be spent on valuable items such as Potatoes, that amounts to a fairly significant loss for Solo players.

Prestige content is still content, and these cooperative mission mandates adversely impact solo player's ability to acquire rewards. That doesn't seem very fair to solo players; all I'm asking for is a bit of consideration.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

Prestige content is still content, and these cooperative mission mandates adversely impact solo player's ability to acquire rewards. That doesn't seem very fair to solo players; all I'm asking for is a bit of consideration.

I am a solo player, but I don't see anything unfair about the friend / clan requirement and my only issue with it is how it creates a market for "friend services". Players of any kind shouldn't expect Nightwave to contain content that only suits their capabilities or preferences. If that was how games worked there would be no content (or game) at all because there is always some demographic that doesn't like or isn't able to do activity X.

Disclaimer; When I say I'm a solo player I mean I've been in a group less than 10 times, never tried any group oriented content like Eidolons and I'm the only person in my clan.

12 hours ago, SilentCircle said:

No one said it's gonna be 10 weeks. It is still subject to change how long it is gonna be. For now if I did the calculation right just weekly and daily challenges will get you to rank 30 in 10 weeks. But there are also the capture targets and the easier Elite challenges that give you an additional 5000 standing. With that you earn 33000 standing every week and it goes down to 9 weeks.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Vile Slanders said:

The only issue I have with this rationality, is that it doesn't address the ability to Prestige. Say that about 10% (total ballpark figure) of Nigthwave's content is gated behind social barriers; that's 10% of Prestige content that solo players can't access. Given that Wolf Creds can be spent on valuable items such as Potatoes, that amounts to a fairly significant loss for Solo players.

I don't find this a huge problem. I also solo almost everything and I'm fine with less standing. On second week I could buy a potato but Gift of the Lotus already gave me enough since I don't want to get every existing weapon and put potatoes into them.