Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Tileset: Issues So Far.

OricSharp

First: I like the Derelict Tileset. It's interesting, it's weirdly pretty.

But it has some issues. So far, the ones I've noticed:

One of the jumping puzzles is...a bit absurd, but I'll probably eventually figure out how the hell it's supposed to be done. That's not the issue. The issue is that the door at the bottom that gets you back to the start has bugged and refused to open several times now - think I've had to abort three missions because of it. At this point, I'm just avoiding this puzzle entirely because I know I'm too likely to get bugged out of the mission to try a dry-run.

Some of the tiles are insanely hard on my computer - usually, I can run the game with everything at High and I only have jags in framerate if somebody glitches into a Lovecraftian horror from the dimension of spaghetti, but I can be going down a hallway with no enemies in it and feel like I'm drunk driving my 'frame.

Also, really not a fan of this 'Go grind normal missions for nav things to build keys to get to here to grind for nav things to get to the boss to grind for Nekros.' It's starting to feel like a test of how much the playerbase is willing to put up with before they just buy things.

Edited by OricSharp

Also, really not a fan of this 'Go grind normal missions for nav things to build keys to get to here to grind for nav things to get to the boss to grind for Nekros.' It's starting to feel like a test of how much the playerbase is willing to put up with before they just buy things.

rng and grind on top of more rng and grind with a side of artificial time extension (the build times).

at this point, DE is just trolling for the sake of trolling.

that or they really want people to get plat and buy him.

i for one, call shenanigans.

One of the jumping puzzles is...a bit absurd, but I'll probably eventually figure out how the hell it's supposed to be done. That's not the issue. The issue is that the door at the bottom that gets you back to the start has bugged and refused to open several times now - think I've had to abort three missions because of it. At this point, I'm just avoiding this puzzle entirely because I know I'm too likely to get bugged out of the mission to try a dry-run.

Some of the tiles are insanely hard on my computer - usually, I can run the game with everything at High and I only have jags in framerate if somebody glitches into a Lovecraftian horror from the dimension of spaghetti, but I can be going down a hallway with no enemies in it and feel like I'm drunk driving my 'frame.

Yeah, had the same gfx issues.  Twice the game has crashed on my citing graphics driver as the cause, taking me to the universal warframe "You have a problem" webpage.  Win7 popped up with a graphics fail notification.  Only every happened on the new tileset and both times my nova developed a strange orange glow (like the captured target glow) but at the beginning of the level, then the game froze and turfed me out.  Lots of stutters as well. 

Same crash issues here on Derelict Missions. Seems to be very little rhyme or reason on my end. It'll just freeze for a few seconds and then close, with the only indicator of a crash (other than the program closing itself) being a crash report sender for the evolution engine. Nothing pops up for windows (using Windows 8).

It's happened both in exterminate missions and a single capture mission, both solo and online. There seems to be no indicator a crash before hand.

And it's been irregular in other ways. Played through a large portion of an exterminate, all the way to the extraction room (but had to quit due to the usual "one enemy stuck somewhere off the map and the map can't indicate where" thing) with no problems. But then it crashed on replaying the same key early on. Played another exterminate with a friend hosting, and kept crashing, being invited back in, and crashing again. I hosted a capture mission that went very well, barely any lag, played awhile through two obstacle courses with no problems, and then it just crashed. Only once did it direct me to the general hardware failure section of the Warframe site.

I haven't tried it with multithreaded rendering, though. It's too late  where I am and I'm too tired of dealing with the crashes to try it tonight.

Fan room has been fixed and will be part of the next hotfix. Thanks for the report.

Does it include adding a teleport/return zone in the area below the fan chasm/channel? I tried doing the room, got lost at one end, managed to get myself stuck in a bundle of vines near the end of the room, and fell down below the channel.

Enemies keep getting stuck in exterminate missinons. We had to try the exterminate 4 times before we could finish it. Once it was because two of the three players fell past the teleport barrier in the big room and got stuck down there and fell out of the map.

You are not alone on this, a dozen other have serious framerate issues in any room with trees. I get 70-60 FPS normaly, but the OD brings it to 5-10.

Tiles I notice particular trouble in: There's one tile that's this sort of zig-zag tunnel with infestation threads covering the sides. This room chugs badly. There's also one that's...it's got a low portion in the middle of the room, looks like a collapsed hallway, with a door on either end of said hallway. This room also has some issues.

I tried the multithreading option. Seemed to work as I got through an exterminate mission with no problems. However, the next 2 missions I tried (both exterminates again) crashed, so it obviously didn't actually fix the problem. I started paying attention to where I was crashing, but in the end it just confirmed for me that I'm not necessarily having a problem with a specific room, per se. I've crashed on a room I had no trouble with before.

I have come across a possible solution suggested elsewhere: Turning off DirectX 11 from the Launcher Menu (where you'd enable Multithreading). Again, it's a little late on my end to try it now, but if anyone else wants to give it a try, go ahead. If this is some weird graphical thing, it might make sense. A friend thinks it's my Windows 8 being weird with its DirectX 11 support. In any case, I'll report it's usefulness, or lack there of, in the morning.

Edited by Federnder

Don't waste your time, that jumping puzzle cannot be completed, unless you're using a trollframe (loki or nova).

I've found that if I explore the whole Assassination map, I can usually find 4 or 5 Golem Navs XD

I want Master Thief so I can have self-sustaining Golem runs.

Quick feedback: I'm generally getting mini freezes about every 30 or so secs on most tilesets, and just now, when I was trying to make a screenshot of a room, the game crashed with the "insufficient video memory" message. On any other crash, I just CTD with the Warframe error reporting tool popping up. Framerate is alright apart from the aforementioned occasional stutter.

Edit: Did 5 more derelict cap runs and my first boss run, all at minimum graphics options. Couldn't finish one of them.

The cap missions crash to desktop at varying times, but I think it has something to do with enemy spawn triggers. The boss mission crashed at the reward screen after the screen faded to black. Was annoying I tell ya.

Well, so far, the only maps I've managed to complete were exterminate, both as host and client. Not gonna try farming any more boss navs for a while.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

Right, well, I can say with some certainty, though I'd need to play more to be totally sure, but it seems turning off DirectX 11 from the launcher does the trick. Completed both an Exterminate and two Capture missions. It made my full screen get closed in on the sides a bit, but there's no major distortion. And I'd only need to do so if I'm going to play a Derelict level.

Of course, I'd still rather like it if whatever graphical issue is causing this was fixed, but I am playing with a rather underpowered computer, so this sort of thing comes with the territory. Hasn't been a real problem up until now, anyway. Game still looks great with all the options turned down all the way.