Daily Login Reward

On 2019-03-04 at 10:10 PM, No1Eye said:

hello

any chance to be able to collect the daily reward tribute by the phone app as well?

for all of us who have jobs and we are days on road and all that.

thank you.

DE have already said no to this, they want you to actually log in to get the rewards.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-08 at 6:23 AM, Shalath said:

DE have already said no to this, they want you to actually log in to get the rewards.

Well.. Because of mobile data, Switch players have the advantage here. 

I definitely think there should be some more consideration here. 

As someone who can actively get my login on the road, I think daily login via the app should be allowed. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Well.. Because of mobile data, Switch players have the advantage here. 

I definitely think there should be some more consideration here. 

As someone who can actively get my login on the road, I think daily login via the app should be allowed. 

You are actually starting the game on Switch. You could just as easily use a laptop for the PC version.

This is still you logging into the game, the thing they want you to play, and not the app, a convenience but not actually playing the game.

hey guys.

thanks for the replies.

we are still logging on to the game when we use the app, though.

we can change stuff, do foundry, chat, check for alerts (well, the old alerts), feed the pet and so forth.

i do not see a reason we cannot collect the daily reward tributes as well.

if they want us to play, forcing us to go to the pc/laptop we possible cannot go to at that time, due to work, or a business trip, or being sick, or whatever the reason, it is not the way.

also, even if we are 24/7 in front of our laptops/pcs, do you think it is hard to just log on, collect the daily reward tribute and then log out right after?

- was that us playing?

- no

so, they do not really force us to play, unless we really want/can.

not having the daily reward tributes to be collected via the phone app too is just an inconvenient to a big portion of players and they do not succeed anything by not implementing this there too.

Edited by No1Eye
  • Like 1
On 2019-03-19 at 7:09 AM, No1Eye said:

we are still logging on to the game when we use the app, though.

My main reason when I think about this. As a discussion I think DE should revisit this idea. I'll also add in that there is weapons gated behind logins. I normally play everyday after work but if I take a work trip out of cell network I take a hit. I now would have to pay extra roaming fees to download any game update (which might not be so small) just for a login item? So I get punished from using a new toy because work took me away from home? Had I been able to get it via the app which is much lighter weight on data I be more inclined to take the hit.

If anything you get punished just as much BY DE because you got a booster you can't use. Lets face it the resource rewards aren't worth it till after 1000 logins. After 3 years worth of logins does it really matter to DE they are getting resources they can't share and prob don't need other then rerolling stuff for the fun of it? What if you hit the mythical 75% off plat? People wait for that one. Whelp there goes one more day of people DE not getting money off those players.

At least with mobile logins the game is still on a large group pf people's minds. If they don't have pets to interact with or items craft they will still be opening the app reading the front page news on updates.

• Like 2

Only way I could support this is if there were a mini game (hacking, maybe) that you had to do in order to unlock the reward, or, it only progressed your login day counter but did not reward anything except the 50/100 day milestones. 

Because yes, while you are interacting with certain game features when using the app, you aren't playing the game like DE intends, which the login rewards, reward. 

• Like 1
On 2019-03-22 at 10:24 AM, MagPrime said:

Only way I could support this is if there were a mini game (hacking, maybe) that you had to do in order to unlock the reward, or, it only progressed your login day counter but did not reward anything except the 50/100 day milestones. 

Because yes, while you are interacting with certain game features when using the app, you aren't playing the game like DE intends, which the login rewards, reward. 

why?

do you have to run a mission when you log on in game via your laptop/pc to collect the daily reward too?

no, so, why do it via the phone app then?

and, i kind of think you probably did not read my previous message.

what do you think stops me and other people to just use the laptop/pc to log on, collect the daily reward tribute and thenafter log out?

nothing stops us from doing that.

was this us playing, as you say?

nope, though i logged on.

and was this what DE intended us to do by not implementing the daily reward tribute in the phone app too?

nope again, since i did not play.

though, it happened, it happens and it might keep happening at some points in the future and by a portion of the playerbase.

i, myself, did this some times, when i did not have time to play at all for day(s), due to work and real life issues.

so, the whole restriction on the daily reward system via the phone app is redundant.

they cannot force us to play, unless we want to, can to, have the time to and have the mood to.

so, the only thing they accomplish by not implementing the daily reward system in the phone app too, is to make it inconvenient to a certain playerbase who have jobs, or they are sick, or they are on a business trip and/or whatever other reason someone could have for not being able to use the laptop/pc for some days(s) and have access only by their phones.

Edited by No1Eye
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, No1Eye said:

why?

do you have to run a mission when you log on in game via your laptop/pc to collect the daily reward too?

no, so, why do it via the phone app then?

and, i kind of think you probably did not read my previous message.

what do you think stops me and other people to just use the laptop/pc to log on, collect the daily reward tribute and thenafter log out?

nothing stops us from doing that.

was this us playing, as you say?

nope, though i logged on.

and was this what DE intended us to do by not implementing the daily reward tribute in the phone app too?

nope again, since i did not play.

though, it happened, it happens and it might keep happening at some points in the future and by a portion of the playerbase.

i, myself, did this some times, when i did not have time to play at all for day(s), due to work and real life issues.

so, the whole restriction on the daily reward system via the phone app is redundant.

they cannot force us to play, unless we want to, can to, have the time to and have the mood to.

so, the only thing they accomplish by not implementing the daily reward system in the phone app too, is to make it inconvenient to a certain playerbase who have jobs, or they are sick, or they are on a business trip and/or whatever other reason someone could have for not being able to use the laptop/pc for some days(s) and have access only by their phones.

You quoted my answer.  Not really anything else to add to it.  

lindsay lohan idk GIF

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-03-18 at 8:19 PM, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

On 2019-03-18 at 11:29 PM, peterc3 said:

You are actually starting the game on Switch. You could just as easily use a laptop for the PC version.

This is still you logging into the game, the thing they want you to play, and not the app, a convenience but not actually playing the game.

Please, as a home console user I am feeling a bit dismissed 😛

I agree the mobile login would be a boon to me.

Even if we have to play a mini game from our tenno console to unlock it, it would be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

Maybe DE can make collecting daily rewards from the app a paid feature or make us view an ad or whatever.

pls no.

Just have people interact with a mini game or something.  Hacking, or a side scroller like Wyrumis or Happy Zephyr. 

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

pls no.

Just have people interact with a mini game or something.  Hacking, or a side scroller like Wyrumis or Happy Zephyr. 

They definitely want to gain some benefit from the login system which is getting players to log into the game for their statistics and to keep players where they want them. I'm looking at it from the developer's side of things and having players do a mini-game really doesn't benefit them or make up for the loss of players not logging in to the game due to the app giving out the rewards. I think that earning some form of revenue from the app for the daily login rewards is a good compromise.

2 minutes ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

They definitely want to gain some benefit from the login system which is getting players to log into the game for their statistics and to keep players where they want them. I'm looking at it from the developer's side of things and having players do a mini-game really doesn't benefit them or make up for the loss of players not logging in to the game due to the app giving out the rewards. I think that earning some form of revenue from the app for the daily login rewards is a good compromise.

And I disagree because it locks out the players who can't or wont pay money, resolving nothing and adding toxicity to the community.

3 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

And I disagree because it locks out the players who can't or wont pay money, resolving nothing and adding toxicity to the community.

Viewing an ad won't lock anyone out of anything.

1 minute ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

Viewing an ad won't lock anyone out of anything.

If I have to view ads, I'm not participating.  I already pay money to avoid commercials, and I don't visit certain sites that are ad heavy because I find them incredibly annoying.

"Locking" is the wrong word, discourage isn't the right one either but adding ads won't improve anything. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

If I have to view ads, I'm not participating.  I already pay money to avoid commercials, and I don't visit certain sites that are ad heavy because I find them incredibly annoying.

"Locking" is the wrong word, discourage isn't the right one either but adding ads won't improve anything. 

We can agree to disagree. I find this a better compromise than no one getting their dailies from the app. There are many other people who do not mind viewing ads to get what is normally paid for in free apps. I'd much rather they do this than no one at all getting their dailies through the app.

Just now, ryvrdrgn14 said:

We can agree to disagree. I find this a better compromise than no one getting their dailies from the app. There are many other people who do not mind viewing ads to get what is normally paid for in free apps. I'd much rather they do this than no one at all getting their dailies through the app.

And I'd rather they chose something that didn't push annoying ads in my face when they could do something that fits within the game, like a hacking mini game or side scroller game.

But, you've already agreed to disagree, so I guess our talk is done. :^)

13 hours ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

Maybe DE can make collecting daily rewards from the app a paid feature or make us view an ad or whatever.

A one time cost to get around a daily user engagement numbers thing for the game itself is nonsensical. The login reward is to get you to login to the game. Not an app that is provided for bits of convenience.

Viewing an ad means nothing for DE. It is literally worthless. It works for other mobile games as a means to entice you to play other games and spend money in those games and then get other people to spend money on the game you were playing. The app isn't the product. The actual game is. For the app to traipse around in the F2P mobile game realm is a total nonstarter.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2019-03-22 at 2:24 AM, MagPrime said:

You don't have to play the game to get it with the game client... You just need to start the game, wait for it to load, and then close the game.

That's what I was doing on switch when I was burned out from playing Nightwave. I logged on for all about 5 minutes, 90% of which was the initial loading screen, claimed my reward, and put the switch back to sleep. The reward didn't encourage me to play, just annoyed me.

On the other hand if the app let me claim it I likely would have assigned some extractors at the very least because I was there anyways and the App's interface is magnitudes better than the in game one.

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

You don't have to play the game to get it with the game client... You just need to start the game, wait for it to load, and then close the game.

That's what I was doing on switch when I was burned out from playing Nightwave. I logged on for all about 5 minutes, 90% of which was the initial loading screen, claimed my reward, and put the switch back to sleep. The reward didn't encourage me to play, just annoyed me.

On the other hand if the app let me claim it I likely would have assigned some extractors at the very least because I was there anyways and the App's interface is magnitudes better than the in game one.

Ok, the incentive doesn't work on you, specifically, doesn't change my stance.

Also, keep in mind DE has shown to rely on user stats over vocal aspects of the community.  If the login system was failing horribly to get people to log in and do things, they would have changed it in the years it's been out. 

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ok, the incentive doesn't work on you, specifically, doesn't change my stance.

Also, keep in mind DE has shown to rely on user stats over vocal aspects of the community.  If the login system was failing horribly to get people to log in and do things, they would have changed it in the years it's been out. 

Or they wouldn't have because "if it ain't broke don't fix it" doesn't mean a thing is as good as it can be. There are changes that could make archwing pursuit, archwing rush and Lunaro much better, but those haven't been touched either.

At the end of the day, they're not going to rip out a game system that nobody uses unless they need to trim fat to reduce work, and needing to find new homes for all the login rewards would add more work for them, not less.