The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My feedback on Nightwave

Soldier1312

With the introduction of Nightwave Warframe got rid of one of it's oldest mechanics: alerts. In this feedback I'll try to list pros and cons of this change and I'll update this post if anything else comes to my attention (or some reply will show me what I've missed or some point mentioned from another perspective).

Let's start with pros:
1. Players are no longer bound to luck factor that they'll be availible when alert with item of interest shows up. 
2. Freebies. There's a lot of useful stuff like slots, that especially newer players will surely apreciate and I guess it'll let them get better experience with the game as whole. Also bit fashionframe for everyone.

And now with cons:
1. Basically next syndicate. We've got yet another daily chore. Considering that from what I've heard season will take 10 weeks (need confirmation) players need to finish at least full set of challenges from 7-8 weeks (of course you can hunt for prisoners, but that's quite random).
2. From 1 mission for item of interest now you have to do many more. Basically with alerts, while random, you'd do one mission and you have what you need, while with Nightwave you need to keep grinding for credits. So it's be there at the right time vs have enough time.
3. The numbers. While Warframe was always very... math-based game I don't get the amount of missions you need to do for challenge. Do x this, y that etc. The only challenge in these is not falling asleep, as in last week's "8x Cetus bounty" challenge. Maybe lowering them little bit wouldn't hurt? Or instead making it percent-based would help - with this system the harder mission is the more %s it would give toward completion. This flaw is especially visible when you are experienced player and burning through easy mission just for the sake of completing challenge is not really as much of a "challenge" as it should be.
4. Enforcing co-op play. Don't get me wrong on that one - I'd love to get some real co-op in Warframe, but not in the manner of "do your usual solo stuff but with friend". Warframe often lacks in terms of cooperativeness. I'd love to see some puzzles and riddles that you really NEED to do with your friends because of mechanics, not because of weekly challenge that brings people together once a week.

As for now I can sadly see more problems with Nightwave than positive aspects. Of course the one mentioned is a big leap in a good direction but in my humble opinion I think it still needs to be polished so instead of a chore to get fancy rewards it'd become fun that brings sense of accomplishment in doing challenges themselves so the shiny stuff is just addition to the game, not the goal.

PS. feel free to point any mistakes (language included, will fix them). After 14h drive I'm getting just the half of what I'm typing but I really felt the urge to share my view.

Edited by Soldier1312

Just now, Soldier1312 said:

3. Nitain. While it was annoying eariler it may be even more now, especially for the players that want to build e.g. Vauban Prime. If my calculations are correct you can get 15 Nitains in season that takes 10 weeks (still need confirmation). That leaves 5 more for Vauban Prime for example. Of course there are caches, but with 2% chace and only if you have found all 3 of them it's another tiring grind. Of course it could be fixed with slightly higher droprate.

300 wolf credits in the battle pass, 15 credits for 5 nitain. 300/15*5 = 100 nitain in a season. More than you will ever need and much easier than doing an alert for one.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)alf swarm said:

300 wolf credits in the battle pass, 15 credits for 5 nitain. 300/15*5 = 100 nitain in a season. More than you will ever need and much easier than doing an alert for one.

Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't notice it's the bundle.

Original post edited according to your your information.

Edited by Soldier1312