Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ebisos, The Frame of Fortune (V2)

(PSN)thefallenloser

Ebisos, The Fortune Frame

"Do you have the Midas touch, Tenno?"

(this is a rework of my already existing concept on Ebisos)

Ebisos is a fortune/luck based Warframe. His abilities revolve around probability to disturb and destroy all on the battlefield while also providing chances to support yourself or allies.

Since Ebisos' abilities all function on chance, each of his effects should also be strong enough to always contribute to the situation. There are however... ways that you can influence said luck to your best advantage...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attributes:

Health - 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shields - 125 (400 at rank 30)

Armor - 100

Energy - 160 (220 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed - 1.15

Abilities:

• Passive - Lucky Star!
    • Whenever Ebisos uses an ability, there is a 5% chance for him to use no energy at all. Additionally, there is a 10% chance for health and energy pickups to give triple the normal amount restored.
    • Ebisos has a Lucky Star Gauge. Each enemy that Ebisos kills with his abilities increase chances to activate good luck abilities by 0.1%, however, percentages decrease by 0.05% per 5 seconds not killing enemies. The Lucky Star Gauge at 100% increases luck by 25%.
  • 1ST - Midas Roll!
    • Ebisos throws out a four-sided die, which then explodes and coats all enemies in range with gold, freezing them. Additionally, it leaves behind a buff for Ebisos and allies to pick up, which increase ability strength, range, duration, or efficiency for short time.
      • costs 30 energy
      • explosion deals 100/200/300/400 blast damage - affected by ability strength
      • explosion range is 2/4/6/8 meters - affected by ability range
      • gold freeze lasts 1/2/3/4 seconds - affected by ability duration
      • ability stat buffs give an additive 20% for 3/6/9/12 seconds - affected by ability duration
  • 2ND - Jackpot!
    • Ebisos charges up his lucky ray gun, firing out a random elemental shot which bounces off all surfaces. However, in good luck, Ebisos can activate Star-Shot, which fires a super-charged, powerful ray of every mixed element with infinite punch through. Killing enemies with Jackpot! increases the Lucky Star Gauge at double the rate, but activating Star-Shot greatly reduces the Gauge.
      • costs 50 energy
      • Basic Elemental Shots
        • six different types - blast, corrosive, magnetic, viral, radiation, gas
        • each basic shot deals 25/50/75/100 damage - affected by secondary mods (except for elemental mods) and ability strength
        • each shot has 25/50/75/100% status chance and 25% critical chance
        • each shot has a 16.5% chance to be triggered - can be skewed by the Lucky Star meter
        • bounces up to 6 times off surfaces, reducing the damage by 10% each time
      • Star-Shot
        • high damage, wide angle beam that has all 6 of the aforementioned elements combined
        • deals 150/300/450/600 damage - affected by secondary mods (except for elemental mods) and ability strength
        • Star-Shot has 25/50/75/100% status chance and 100% critical chance
        • Star-Shot has a 1% chance to be triggered - can be skewed by the Lucky Star Gauge
        • has infinite punch through, fires for 1.5 seconds, can move the reticule slowly by aiming, reduces the Lucky Star meter by 75%
        • here's a visual representation of the two (as the ability's functions are based from the Gebera Devil Breaker in Devil May Cry 5) -
        • Spoiler

Related imagetumblr_pecz6rGIiG1s6ub5do2_500.gif

• 3RD - Jinx!
    • Ebisos shrouds himself with a spherical shield of corrupted trickster's energy. The shield can either restore health and shields, restore energy and increase movement speed, or grant armor boosts and reflect damage taken to Ebisos and all allies within the shield. Activating Jinx! within a short time before getting hit will increase the Lucky Star Gauge.
      • costs 75 energy
      • "Pre-Jinx!" additional luck timer is .5/1/1.5/2 seconds before being hit - affected by ability duration
        • "Pre-Jinx!"-ing with less and less time between hits will reward you with more increases in the Lucky Star Gauge
      • Jinx's Shield lasts for 1.5/3/4.5/6 seconds - affected by ability duration
      • each effect has a 33.3...% chance of activating
        • enemy hits absorbed have 3% health and shield steal
        • enemy hits absorbed convert 10% damage into energy and increase movement by 25%
        • boosts armor by 150% and reflects 300% damage back to enemies
  • 4TH - Super Domino!
    • Ebisos combines all of the fortune and misfortune in his being, and lets out a radial wave that affects all in the Affinity Range. In a completely nonsensical fashion, enemies start to lose control of everything, fate controlling them like puppets. Their weapons randomly go off, jam, explode, and damage other enemies, they trip and fall over and into each other and literally even snowball themselves! Super Domino! completely resets the Lucky Star Gauge. Enemies killed by this encounter will drop more rare loot and each enemy killed will restore a small portion of the Lucky Star Gauge.
      • costs 100 energy + 100% Lucky Star Gauge
      • Ebisos marks all enemies in the Affinity Range with a star above their head
      • the more enemies, the better the effect...
        • enemies within 10 meters of more than 2 other enemies will trip into each other, and continuously roll into other enemies, seeking them out in a "snowball" like pack of immobilized enemies gathering up to 12 before colliding into a wall and having all of their weapons explode with 30/60/90/120 blast damage - affected by ability strength
        • enemies more than 10 meters away from other enemies will fall over and their weapons will start firing into themselves and other enemies in range, dealing 400% damage to themselves and other enemies
        • enemies within 5 meters of Ebisos will have their weapons jammed for 1/2/3/4 seconds before it explodes in their faces, dealing 100/200/300/400 damage - affected by ability duration and strength
      • enemies killed by the domino effect will replenish the Lucky Star Gauge by 1%

Augments:

• 1ST Augment - Diminished Die!
    • Midas Roll! will give buffs to all four ability stats (strength, duration, efficiency, range) but each effect is reduced to a 5% increase.
  • 2ND Augment - Frenzy Shot!
    • Jackpot!'s basic shots will be changed to infinite punch through and can be continuously fired for a short time, while Star-Shot will bounce off of up to six surfaces.
  • 3RD Augment - Dare!
    • Pre-Jinx! will no longer increase the Luck Star Gauge, but instead grant invulnerability for a very short duration.
  • 4TH Augment - Daze!
    • Enemies killed by Super Domino! no longer replenish the Lucky Star Gauge, but damage and stun duration is doubled.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Feedback is much appreciated, and thanks for reading!

• Like 2

On 2019-03-05 at 10:05 PM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Since Ebisos' abilities all function on chance, each of his effects should also be strong enough to always contribute to the situation.

You just created RNGesus and made it a frame. IN FACT, if this is introduced to the game in the future, I'll have to start calling it RNGisos. Hahaha. OKay, I will seriously review this guy, I hope my jokes did not hurt.

(15 min later)

I spent the last 15 minutes reading and visualising what the abilities would look like and how good they are. I have to give it to you, I am mesmerised. RNGisos is the actual way. I really like this Warframe concept and I think you have a follower just because of it, you DON'T need validation for this Warframe. It is good, I could find no downside to his powers and the fact that his abilities go according his enemies means that it scales. Many veterans would profoundly love that, I am not a veteran or even close to being, I love it. Whatever the time you spent creating this frame, record it. Because it was worth it. I am sold, if I have to sign petitions to get RNGisos into the game count me in. Well done man, hope it makes it to Rahetilius' warframe concept series and he supports the idea, really well done.

1 hour ago, (PS4)YouBetterCH1LLAX said:

You just created RNGesus and made it a frame. IN FACT, if this is introduced to the game in the future, I'll have to start calling it RNGisos.

The thought of having something so stupidly random potentially be fun and good in a game like Warframe intrigued me too much, please call him that if he's actually put in somehow. 🙂

1 hour ago, (PS4)YouBetterCH1LLAX said:

I spent the last 15 minutes reading and visualising what the abilities would look like and how good they are. I have to give it to you, I am mesmerised. RNGisos is the actual way. I really like this Warframe concept and I think you have a follower just because of it, you DON'T need validation for this Warframe. It is good, I could find no downside to his powers and the fact that his abilities go according his enemies means that it scales. Many veterans would profoundly love that, I am not a veteran or even close to being, I love it. Whatever the time you spent creating this frame, record it. Because it was worth it. I am sold, if I have to sign petitions to get RNGisos into the game count me in. Well done man, hope it makes it to Rahetilius' warframe concept series and he supports the idea, really well done.

Thank you very much! Very pleased that someone liked it (though I was trying to get art before someone commented). Hopefully it can get to Rahetalius. 🙂

• Like 1