Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pinksys

Hildryn, possible big OP

How do we think Hildryn's ability to turn energy orbs into shields is effected by arcane energize. Think its big OP? Thoughts?

Not really, Guardian will probably be more overpowered with her. Energize is what, a 40% chance for 100 more energy? Unless that's multiplied, I don't think it'll be that overpowered.

Can we maybe wait till it's out to see how it all works together....

Although I will be expecting nerfs within a few weeks of it being released this time as it's a 'new system'.

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Not really, Guardian will probably be more overpowered with her.

Wouldn't Barrier (instant shield regen on damage one) be more of an issue than the one that does armor?

3 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Wouldn't Barrier (instant shield regen one) be more of an issue than the one that does armor?

Guardian, as in the sentinel mod. But barrier would be way more overpowered as well.

Waiting until shes out is all well and good. But Im excited for her. Plus, in response to the rate of activation. I run double energize on most of my builds and it procs a surprisingly large amount of times as Im running around. I think its at the very least something to consider.

As long as higher level enemies don’t turn her Shields into Cheese.

2 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Guardian, afkaik sentinel mod. But barrier would be way more overpowered as well.

ah... I thought you meant the arcane (2 things same name)

DE might put a restriction on that same as zenurik etc when using an ability like wof.

1 minute ago, GPrime96 said:

Shield gating is being 'tested' with her.

1 minute ago, GPrime96 said:

Apparently shes supposed to mitigate damage to her shields to some extent if it reaches a specific level of damage. Unltimately I understand we have to wait until shes launched to truly find out. But its exciting to speculate.

As others have mentioned Arcane Barrier and Guardian Sentinel Mod might be abused, same for Shield Charger, Shield Osprey, and Taxon Molecular Conversion.

Augur Set Mods might also be of use...although spending Shield-energy to get Shield-energy...might be broken. 

**Seriously**

Augur Mod Set

Set Bonus: 40%/80%/120%/160%/200%/240%Energy spent on abilities is converted to shields. 

(LOL Blind-Rage on 25 energy cost rises to 38.75; then max Augur would mean 38.75 Shields spent to gain 93 Shields....yeah that could be abused)

Also we do not know if Flow/Primed Flow will increase Shield capacity and whether or not Quick-Thinking (Gladiator Resolve) will allow Shields to keep Hildryn alive at 2 Health, but be counted as Shield-Energy-Health

Will Hunter Adrenaline and Rage give her more Shields?

Since she doesn't have an energy pool, I doubt Arcane Energise would even proc.

But if it does proc, you can build an energy support Hildryn with Energize, seeing as Aegis Storm produces orbs.

I'm genuinely guessing that most of the mods and arcanes that directly state 'energy' won't affect Hildryn at all the way we think. Quick Thinking, for example, just won't be viable.

Whereas, as somebody earlier in the thread pointed out, Guardian may be a little OP because as long as your Sentinel is alive, and the ability is off its timer/you've manually regenerated your shields to full since the last time it was used, then if you lose your shields, the Sentinel will instantly restore them to 100%.

I mean, by comparison that's like having a Companion that states 'if you run out of energy, you instantly refill your energy pool to maximum once, 

Even if it was, I'd rather that DE makes Hildryn (and every other future Warframe) too strong on release as opposed to too weak. 

Why? Because then people will play her. We don't want to end up with another Atlas situation where he was far too weak on release and became the least played Warframe on the roster for that year. The entire point of making new Warframes is to have people play them, and it's better overall for new stuff to be overtuned on release and rolled back than it is for new stuff to be below average and get outright ignored.