Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Trading & Toolbuilders: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Put in an auction house please. 

For some reason DE thinks an auction house will decrease Plat sales. I have not bought any plat since I avoid the trade chat. It's a horrible inefficient system that I do not wish to spend time on. Having an nice AH to looks at items to buy would tempt me for sure. 

29 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Yeah I don't understand. Its a free market. People put a price and then some people are willing to pay it or not.

There's a slight difference with Rivens though.

The player is not selling a set item. They're selling stats which takes more understanding of the Damage system than the general player probably has.

Unless someone sits and reads the wiki for 10 hours they cannot make an informed choice when buying or selling.

Even with that understanding you have to jump on notepad.exe and a calculator to see the improvement with something like this....

Spoiler

Tigris Prime + Riven 100% Damage 100% Slash 80% Multishot
1560 Damage Crit 10% x2, Status 30%, 8 Pellets
Primed Point Blank + Vicous Spread + Riven
Damage per Pellet 8 / 1560 = 195
195 * (1 + 1.65 + 0.9 + 1) = 887.25
Elemental 887.25 * ( 0.6 + 0.6 + 0.6 + 0.6 ) = 2,129.4
Bonus Slash 709.8 * 1 = 709.8
Mulishot 8 ( 1 + 1.2 + 1) = 25.6 Pellets
Total Base Damage 25.6(709.8 + 887.25 + 2,129.4) =  95,397.12

Status Weight
Slash (709.8 + 709.8) / (887.25 + 709.8 + 532.35) = 0.6666 = 66.66%
Elemental 532.35 / ( 535.35 + 709.8 + 887.25) = 0.25 = 25%
Status Trigger = 1
Slash Trigger = 0.6666
Elemental Trigger = 0.25
Avg Bleed per Tick 887.25 * 0.35 ( 1 + ( 1- 2.0) * 0.1) = 341.59125
Avg Bleed per Proc 341.59125 * 7 = 2,397.13875
Avg Bleed per Pellet 2,391.13875 * 0.6666 = 1,594.093
Avg Bleed per Shot 1,594.093 * 25.6 = 40,808.78

Estimated Damage per Shot 95,397.12 + 40,808.78 = 136,205.9
Estimated Damage Vs. C.Flesh (36,341.76 * 1.25) + 4,542.72 + (54,512.64 * 1.75) + 40,808.78
45,427.2 + 4,542.72 + 95,397.12 + 40,808.72= 186,175.76

6 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Did we see the same screenshots?? Was it not their clan leader who did all of this and even admitted it? Do private discords with trade tracker bots which people made tons of profit of not exist? What about that screenshot that was circulating with 13 million platinum on the account? Was that gotten through fair trade as well? Come on..

The in-game screenshots are fake.
The "Discord" screenshots in the video are Semlars paid app, not their discord..
They don't actually exist. Riven Dealers discord bot works off of semlar, and it's also down now.
God knows about that 13m plat, whatever, not relevant.

23 minutes ago, Valkyr-Umbra said:

How about a cap in trade per plat to discourage exorbitant pricing? I totally agree riven prices are subjective, and I've happily paid high pices for rivens before, but 10k+ is objectively too much. IMO a single riven shouldn't sell for more than $200 worth of plat (without discount).

This makes too much sense. Nothing in the game should be worth 10k pl.

15 minutes ago, Haelbrecht said:

"and are on a witch hunt for people from Riven Dealers, which actually have nothing to do with this. " Bruh, there are literal screenshots of their clan leader gloating about the ban. While it might have been unprofessional from TP to go into this issue like that, Riven Dealers ARE guilty.

I'm not talking about the leader there though, am i? What are the other people in the Riven Dealers clan guilty of? 

I don't engage in Riven Trading at all.

That said, what is being offered here is simply information. Information on the most recent actual completed trades, which is backed by concrete data.

Anyone who stands against the dissemination of accurate information is up to something, and should not be trusted.

[DE]s reaction time to major concerning topics is amazing as always! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Has DE reconsidered they thoughts on an ingame auction house? I know it has been stated some while ago that it's not going to come because, if I recall correctly "you want to keep the social interaction between the players". Unfortunately not all players enjoy or have the time for those interactions and as we have seen currently, a lot of black sheeps like to abuse this system. And as the playerbase grows, the group of black sheeps grows as well, together with their potential "victims".

Additionally there have been quite a few cases of players getting banned for receiving illegal Platinum in trades, due to some shady people withdrawing their payments. An aution house might help in solving this issue.

3 minutes ago, vid23 said:

Thank you for doing this, kinda sad to see that there are people who tries to defend those people and say what they did is harmless and theyre innocent 

They did bcoz DE gave them freedom. why didnt DE say anything beofre? why this all things happening now ? haha so funny

56 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I understand you're trying to fix an issue with botting being used by only some players, but there are thousands of players with dozzens of rivens each, they can't monopolize the market, because many players already do their own decisions, sure they might have been exploiting the nature of the "god rivens" and using bots to quickly nail a good profit, but i don't believe you will be changing much, profit can still be made.

I think you'd be surprised to learn how much manipulation there is, especially with regards to god rolls. I like the idea of DE providing a relative value system based on actual trades rather than what people claim. It doesn't sound like an extreme measure, just more information for traders.

49 minutes ago, ---PV---Sniga said:

Still a bit sad how the last Tactical Potato video is spreading massive misinformation, as he actually has 0 knowledge about barely any of the topics he said there, and newer players now took his word for law and are on a witch hunt for people from Riven Dealers, which actually have nothing to do with this. 

Care to elaborate on this? I really have no idea whats going on i just saw the video.

give us some kind of auction house = problem solved.

but to be bloody honest, the riven system is bad in the first place.

it was intended to make bad weapons acceptable or even good and not to make good weapons even stronger.

trading issues are just the cherry on top.

How exactly will the mechanics of this function? 

Rivens are unique enough that the exact stats are likely to be enough to be uniquely identifiable if you show them, but without exactness, the information is going to be misleading at best. 

How useful can this information actually be?  A change from one affix to another can significantly alter how useful a riven is, and thus you'd expect the price of it.  Even if I have access to every trade made in all of Warframe, what's the chance any particular riven will be a close match for a previous trade?

Plus, trades aren't limited to one riven for X plat - you can trade 3 rivens for a vaulted set, and a mod if you want.  Do you guys intend to show the entire contents of every trade involving a riven?

And is there any version of an argument for needing this for rivens that doesn't also apply for all trades?  If it's important to see all trades to get a fair value on a riven, isn't it also important to see all trades for a fair value on everything else?

I do hope you guys are basing this on your own hard data, server logs, not just accusations.  Just looking over this thread, you can already see a number of places where players are irrationally offended by high prices, even when those prices aren't relevant to them particularly.  Smackdown players purposefully distorting markets both ways - a conspiracy to lower  prices is as bad as a conspiracy to raise them.

56 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

These are directly linked with poor trading conduct, even if you have data, you still need to chat with the player, you cannot go out of your way and decide how much someone else should spend on rivens

Except that is exactly how regular trading works, the stock market, everything else. Indexes provide the baseline worth of everything you can buy and sell, and only your relative 'supply/demand' value deviates the prices from the listed. Stocks rise and fall, and so do Riven prices, if you have an actual aggregate for guideline prices, they you know if somebody is actually out to gouge you.

Plus there is the simple fact that good natured traders have a habit of either under-cutting prices, or informing newer traders to not under-sell at prices too low for the value.

Having aggregate guide prices is literally how every market in the world works. Why not Warframe?

42 minutes ago, FiveN9ne said:

Did we see the same screenshots?? Was it not their clan leader who did all of this and even admitted it? Do private discords with trade tracker bots which people made tons of profit of not exist? What about that screenshot that was circulating with 13 million platinum on the account? Was that gotten through fair trade as well? Come on..

Do you happen to have a link to that photo? I’m quite interested in seeing it.

Archived