Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Trading & Toolbuilders: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

vor 15 Minuten schrieb BriarBlack:

This line never ceases to frustrate me. In what other medium are fans/critics silenced with this rebuttal?

If you don't like parts of the movie just ignore those parts. If you don't like parts of a novel just ignore those parts.

No, they shouldn't just ignore those parts, and you should really stop trying to shut them up because it reflects extremely poorly on you.

im not trying to make anyone shut up or forbid an opinion, even if its someone being very very sensitive. u do realise tho how many people just rage because they roll a riven 5 times, thinking thats a lot and rage "remove rivens, they suck" and potentially ruining a nice feature for the majority of players.

do u think thats fair ? u cant expect stuff being handfed to u in a looter game and many people just do that, blaming rivens rng. best example is the weapon type. there is trade chat and its not difficult selling a riven u didnt want and buying an unrolled for most weapons average around 20-80p unrolled except for really hyped ones. all thats left is kuva for rolling and ive seen and own many good ones with 0-20 rerolls and thats me being very picky on stats/negatives too.

what else should people tell them ? be patient ? 10 rolls aint a lot ? that would be the same core issue we have with endgame -> selfmotivation. warframe has many aspects which speak to a part of the player base but not all. i never catch animals...i never do eidolons or orbfights since i dont find them enjoyable. do i rage because of that to try and have it changed to my needs but ruin it for the majority who enjoys them ? it wont work any way and even the attempt is riddiculous.

also, gaming never had RNG equipment, never. its fine in diablo, right ? or PoE...or or or...but in warframe people think the amount of RNG on rivens is just too much when its not.

22 minutes ago, Urlan said:

Auction houses destroy game economies,

ripping off players who do not know, or they are new, or whatever, destroy game economies even more.

we'd rather have an in game feature to observe that, than the alternative, which is an uncontrollable and ridiculous pricing of items.

and btw, it won't be an actual auction house as you are thinking it to be.

2 hours ago, RhythmScript said:

I don't engage in Riven Trading at all.

That said, what is being offered here is simply information. Information on the most recent actual completed trades, which is backed by concrete data.

Anyone who stands against the dissemination of accurate information is up to something, and should not be trusted.

This

1 hour ago, Voldjaw said:

Has DE reconsidered they thoughts on an ingame auction house? I know it has been stated some while ago that it's not going to come because, if I recall correctly "you want to keep the social interaction between the players".

offer

For years Players have asked for a Trading Post to upload their items to a market at a Price they place.

If you want a Fair economy then I STRONGLY suggest you add a market Place trading post to Maroos Bazaar.

You can upload a Set of a item as a trade or single items. But your limits to the number of listings you can upload will be limited to your MR just like normal trading.

Further more adding the ability to Trade players while they are on your ship and you invite them to your ship should also be an option.

You can also MR lock the Auction trading Post to say MR 5 or higher.

Also when placing a item in the Auction Post it will only remain for 24 hours just like daily resets, this will force players to swap out items or update their prices accordingly and stimulate they to try different items.

Same trade restrictions will be in place. You cant buy a riven if your not the MR or weapons or arcanes.

Adding this would i believe would actually INCREASE the number of total trades a day that happen and will create a better economy because you will be able to search items and rivens and sort by price.

Great news. This should lower the prices even more and be more fair to the general player instead of people trying to rip them off.

Ironic that someone who tried to counter fairness and gloated about it caused the opposite to happen.

4 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

after reading this post, isn't semlar fault ? . pay $5 off for riven hunter app , all over the region secretly ?

That's the thing everyone is missing here. The ban was not for the CURRENT Semlar websites features, it was intended to take down the Pay-to-use 5$ Riven Hunter app, which, yes, let you read all the trade chats live at the same time, basically, and filter out rivens you want. It wasn't really secret, but rarely anyone used it, and the ones who tried, quickly realised how dangerous it is.

It is not just about riven prices. I price my rivens with riven.market anyway. I really really do not want to lose the function Semlar had for browsing rivens posted in Trade Chat in the last 12 hours. Too many do not know or use riven.market, it was the only way I had for finding affordable niche rivens for non-meta weapons. Or any weapon that is. Looking for rivens through Semlar's site has been one of the main reasons that even made me turn the game on daily at mr26. Rivens and fun builds with them are the last things that keep me playing.

Now that Semlar's riven browser is down, here I find myself suddenly downloading Guild Wars 2 to try it out...

I suggest an XML file updated every 120seconds with all the Riven data for sale.

As a tag I would like to have :

• Name of Riven
  • Kind of weapon
  • Positive Stat n. 1
  • Positive Stat n. 2
  • Positive Stat n. 3
  • Negative Stat
  • MR
  • Rank
  • Number of roll
  • Polarity
  • Seller IGN
  • Publication Date/Time

Thanks for attention
.DF.Zeus.

4 minutes ago, .DF.Zeus. said:

I suggest an XML file updated every 120seconds with all the Riven data for sale.

As a tag I would like to have :

• Name of Riven
  • Kind of weapon
  • Positive Stat n. 1
  • Positive Stat n. 2
  • Positive Stat n. 3
  • Negative Stat
  • MR
  • Rank
  • Number of roll
  • Polarity
  • Seller IGN
  • Publication Date/Time

Thanks for attention
.DF.Zeus.

That's a good idea, tho you need to use acronyms like cc+58, dmg+120, cd-30, because you can't look for a good riven when they'll be so many posted and every of them will have 12 tags with information.

29 minutes ago, Simz_ said:

You want to regulate prices of things you have no understanding about

What exactly do you mean by regulate? And what exactly has to be understood to simply show the raw information?
It's still up to the player to process this info and make their own decisions in trade, they now simply have something to go off without no-lifing trade-chat, and they will actually have a better sample size.

46 minutes ago, No1Eye said:

ripping off players who do not know, or they are new, or whatever, destroy game economies even more.

we'd rather have an in game feature to observe that, than the alternative, which is an uncontrollable and ridiculous pricing of items.

and btw, it won't be an actual auction house as you are thinking it to be.

The same information is available to both sides of the equation in a free market, watch the chat and if it goes by too fast, filter it by what you want. There is no ripping a person off if one person says I want to sell for a particular price and the other person says I will buy for that price. If they want to haggle or whatever that is also solely based on them. The ripping off of players happens when outside sources settle on predetermined pricing and that information due to not being in the game but instead being based on harvested aggregate or agreement says someone has to ask such and such, and the buyer their own set. You misunderstand the kind of economy that Warframe chat is, look a free market economy, in this regard the players getting the item set the value they give to the item. The other person can grab it for that amount or haggle lower or higher if they so please, but ultimately the control there is with both parties, as neither side has control over the other's actions. Information is power though, and what I can figure the trader group was worried about is essentially the forming of outside the game a virtual cartel situation where price fixing like that being experienced in the real world with System RAM right now. That is to say that the information stripped of context down to just asking prices, gives such power to control and regulate the market outside the flow of the real player supply and demand. This is what we call artificial controls in economics.

@[DE]Rebecca

DE has more than enough information regarding player trading; they could easily (albeit at the cost of time and resources), implement a tool-tip in-game for all items (not just Rivens or mods) with their lowest, highest and average sale price (not asked price but the actual platinum price it was traded for) during a particular time frame e.g 24h, 7 days, 30 days...

The tool-tip shouldn't just display the price range per item but also per rank (in case of mods), stat rolls (for rivens)... all information that DE has available to them. This means that a Unranked Constitution would have a different price range from a Rank 3 Constitution.

A lot of players wouldn't want something like this implemented; an uninformed player makes bad decisions, which is good for traders and while not all traders are as bad as the ones we saw this week (allegedly), most PEOPLE will deceive others for personal gain.

I'm fully aware that it's in DE's best interest for players to buy platinum to spend and whales do spend a lot in Rivens, but DE has shown in the past that they're willing to forgo easy plat purchases for the long term benefit of the community and Warfame.

sK5Hbkl.png

The above is just an idea and not what i think it should look like.

TL:DR A simple tool-tip which display the current lowest, highest and average platinum price an item is being sold for during a specific time frame, would help people make informed decisions. (or just the average sold price)

I don't know how many people actually know what the function of a auction house does, when you put an item for sell, be it: bidding, selling, there's should be a tax in place scaled to the desired price. You don't have to bid for items either you can flat buy items. The third option included would be a requests for trades and let's you type out the offer for the item and shows the item as well. I know a lot of people are against it just because it doesn't allow people to haggle, but why does platinum need to be the only thing in consideration but not everything else in between? I don't think players should have to buy platinum to trade with people if they have something else they could put up to offer only because that would help players that don't have platinum to offer. The important detail is that platinum should be offered in the third option of trade because i don't think the auction house system was made for real money currency. 

This is indeed a step in the right direction, but I would love to see some sort of 'shop' ability in game. I have been thinking for a while that perhaps Dojo's could get a market room where all the members could post what they have for sale with set plat values, and people could search the system, and just go buy the item they want from whatever dojo shop they want. I'm not to keen on a bidding system, but an ingame warframe market essentially. I find it rather tedious to have to sit on warframe market or in trade chat for hours on end to sell items or to buy items I am looking for.

I think would fix the issues with the trade chat system by making trade chat itself unnecessary. Would also fix the "Riven Mafia" as it would become very apparent very quickly if one group of people or one clan was holding all the grolls and charging insane amounts. They the community itself could act and police itself and its prices to an extent by who they choose to buy from.

Anywho, TY again DE for addressing the issue and trying to find solutions. I hope my idea above or something similar can happen someday. TY also for making your premium currency obtainable for people that would have no financial way to get it otherwise. Its a great thing for that system to be in place at all, and I hope to see it improve.

Archived