Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jiminatorx

REQ: operator only game missions

The type of mission should be something like assassinations, spy, and a few other limited mission types. Obviously not defense or extermination or other types of missions that require horde clearing. Rewards should be operator useful stuff, operator cosmetics or maybe resources required in crafting amps or operator arcanes. Warframe should spawn in one area but only operator form can pass.  A lot of youtube videos on operator challenges and we even saw one a few thursdays. Please make them events 🙂

Only if 100% of affinity goes straight to focus schools in those missions.

I'd rather Operators get made good enough to be worth using in tandem or even instead of frames similar to melee vs guns. If they're not fun to play or good, then forcing them isn't going to win them any friends.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'd rather Operators get made good enough to be worth using in tandem or even instead of frames similar to melee vs guns. If they're not fun to play or good, then forcing them isn't going to win them any friends.

The big problem I have with them is other than Void Dash operator mode is like running around cold-procced, and Void Dash in itself is pretty clunky.

If we had operator movement modes (flight, teleporting, etc...basically super hero movement) then I'd spend a lot more time in kiddo-mode and even enjoy the heck out of that time.  Instead I just can't wait to get back into my warframe so I can bullet jump around or use combat maneuvers to fly around the battlefield.   

14 minutes ago, FreeWilliam said:

The big problem I have with them is other than Void Dash operator mode is like running around cold-procced, and Void Dash in itself is pretty clunky.

If we had operator movement modes (flight, teleporting, etc...basically super hero movement) then I'd spend a lot more time in kiddo-mode and even enjoy the heck out of that time.  Instead I just can't wait to get back into my warframe so I can bullet jump around or use combat maneuvers to fly around the battlefield.   

Indeed. I don't think they should have the same movement, but they need more options.

One thought I had was a grappling hook of some kind - call on the Ninja roots in that respect. Let them cling to walls, and also ceilings for as long as they want for tactical options. Maybe even have swings? Operators shouldn't just be a copy/paste of Warframes, they should have a distinct feel.

Another is to give them different gameplay. Have focus really feel like it matters, like it changes up gameplay. For example - Madurai starts focusing on AoE damage, really focusing. Every attacks creates a small AoE similar to blazing dash that deals up to 50% of the initial attacks damage. Tight-knit groups absolutely melt, but single targets can shrug it off. Conversely, Zenurik can store damage similar to Equinox's maim and magnify it whilst releasing it in various ways, that favour high ground and being somewhat removed from the fray. This ties into the descriptions - Engaging the enemy vs dominating it - Madurai's about up-close fighting in the thick of it whilst Zenurik's about more strategic, slower, but crippling shows of force.

Equally, they should have weaknesses that other schools - or Warframes - complement. Perhaps Madurai actively needs to constantly be fighting to maintain full damage and thus benefits from fast frames to help repositioning, whereas Zenurik has lower attack power in between big abilities and thus does best when crowd control is in effect to keep the enemy away from them.

K-drive only sortie pls.

1 hour ago, jiminatorx said:

The type of mission should be something like assassinations, spy, and a few other limited mission types. Obviously not defense or extermination or other types of missions that require horde clearing.

I play operator only for fun and let me tell you exterminate isn't that hard with operators, just requires skill and patience. Things that require defending an object are much harder as they have no protection abilities (Guardian shell and the others from Vazarin don't affect cryopods, extractors, consoles, etc). So the missions that should have Operator only are;

Spy, Exterminate, Capture, Rescue, Hi-Jack (maybe), Sabotage and Assassination.

1 hour ago, przemo877 said:

Only if 100% of affinity goes straight to focus schools in those missions.

Honestly should be a thing regardless of mission, where at least 25% of affinity goes to your primary focus school (like with Warframes and affinity).

Also, in my experience there are 2 major problems operators have right now; there movement (walking and running) are slow AND they can't perform finishers (both ground and stealth). If they address these two problems (especially the first) then people would play operators a lot more.

Overall, i agree that Operator Only Missions be a thing.

More than anything I'd like DE to fix the operators' sinfully ugly slide roll animation and unabashedly graceless walking, jumping and running animations first. Then we can talk about operator missions. And operator damage. 

Tho i do mostly use my girl for sub sorties, since they are so easy i could fall asleep otherwise.