[DE]Helen

[PC] Live Now! Operation: Buried Debts

I was looking forward to playing this soon as I got home.  I started the "update" just after 4 PM PST.  It's now 7:34 PM and the update is only 18% done???!!!!  It's only downloading at less than 133kb/sec when I have a 110GB/sec connection with NOTHING else on my network. I even restarted my PC to try and see if it would help.  It hasn't.  What the hell is going on with this download speed?  At this rate, I won't even get to play the damn game tonight.  

14 minutes ago, Shadowyone said:

so i am a controller player i cannot either shoot a gun or aim a gun i have to pick cause whatever melee channel is bound to will force melee channel to be used even when my melee weapon is not equipped.

so i can't use my archwing gun if melee channel is bound to a fire weapon button nor can i use a operator weapon.

Same boat here: controller input is messed up. Setup options indicate that LT should be aim gun, but instead it's melee channeling even if I dont have a melee equipped. Something's broken in the code somewhere. KB/M controls seem unaffected.

Also noticed that some of the archwing controls are messed up. Setup says left bumper is archwing down, and A is archwing up. It's the exact opposite for me, for some reason. Lastly, Experimental flight does nothing: on or off, the controls are the same.

This is disappointing, because I cant play this game KB/M: too used to a controller. Might have to hold off on this operation until the controller inputs are fixed.

11 minutes ago, CrackCook said:

melee channeling is gone pretty sure, or its going to be removed once melee 3.0 is finished

Not gone entirely, because it was definitely channeling through my melee weapon when I hit the aim button.

25 minutes ago, CrackCook said:

melee channeling is gone pretty sure, or its going to be removed once melee 3.0 is finished

I need a glideing button tho they removed blocking for melee weapons. I hate being zoomed in on a sniper to aim glide. 

12 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

I was looking forward to playing this soon as I got home.  I started the "update" just after 4 PM PST.  It's now 7:34 PM and the update is only 18% done???!!!!  It's only downloading at less than 133kb/sec when I have a 110GB/sec connection with NOTHING else on my network. I even restarted my PC to try and see if it would help.  It hasn't.  What the hell is going on with this download speed?  At this rate, I won't even get to play the damn game tonight.  

I was getting 10 Mb/s which is my normal amount. Also 110GB a second? What the actual fudge? How is that even a possible? I'd never heard of more then 1GB/s and that sounds fast.

12 minutes ago, Zeoran said:

I was getting 10 Mb/s which is my normal amount. Also 110GB a second? What the actual fudge? How is that even a possible? I'd never heard of more then 1GB/s and that sounds fast.

can't map reload forces me to map context action.

since i clicked default controller settings heaarring it could possible fix the melee channeling issue with not shooting or not aiming guess you sacrifice not reloading.,

can confirm resetting controller back to defaults does nothing to fix the melee channeling problem.

Controller issue here (PS4), can draw my melee weapon but can't attack. The auto block works and the LT channeling . RT fires my weapon, but doesn't return me from melee to weapon. Tried a couple different melee weapons and different settings, no luck. All was good until the update, I am excited to try this new melee out. So please patch ASAP

And thank you for all that you do

Can't melee aim glide anymore which is my preferred method of aim glideing... 

I was already on the fence on getting the ember/frost prime pack. But that extra plat for Hildryn pushed me to the right direction. So got 3 new frames (2 primes) few prime weapons. Some Syndanas, and Limbo Prime. I wish the thing coming off the head on limbo prime could be removed though. It just clips too much.

On 2019-03-06 at 1:05 PM, [DE]Helen said:

New Warframe: Hildryn

@[DE]Rebecca

I have discovered 2 major bugs currently with Hildryn.

1: She is unable to melee channel.

2: Her 2 key does not function properly if you are not hosting. It does not seem to bring back any shields.

Not sure if this is intended or not. But glide seems to be considerably more limited now.

So after the the game is updated in steam version, if i click play it doesnt start just vanishes from processes. any solution? Installing the stand alone version right now to check if same hpns again

Posted (edited)

The game wont start. As to the update, the one thing i like is curly hair, but im sure many people are excited about other stuff, as to melee changes im pretty skeptical about that, it seems either too ambitious or something that would make things different from what we're used to without improving much if anything at all.

Edited by alias892308987465129
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Ok so I went to venus as a grp several times to farm the stance , no go , went back solo and did it for 2+ hrs no go what bites? the small coolant spiders right?

just saw a few comments on the DL at  mb/s ect ya im almost running a gigabit line and still only getting 3-6MB/s its torrent based just like the game , you would think after 5-10 yrs they would kill the peer to peer aspect considering I only get connected with ppl that use a carrier pigeon for internet lol . but its all about the $ less spent is more earned  but less player base so really no more $ . remember when you had to download like 23 parts to rar files to get movies  lol thats what the game reminds me of

Edited by firefrostI

Posted (edited)

Do you have to get 100 point for the opticor in 1 run or they stack?

Because if you do isn't that a bit too much?

I mean, supposing you get always the canister full so 7 points for 4 fractures, you need 60 fractures to get 100 point, 100 seconds for each are 6000 second, so more than one hour and half. Without mentioning finding fractures and coolant.

Am i getting it wrong or you do really have to stay that long in a mission?

Edited by Carges

On 2019-03-06 at 3:05 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Blocking is now automatic and is no longer keybound! The 'F' button exclusively swaps between Primary and Secondary weapons with a tap. Your mouse is now all gunplay; the left is gunfire, and the right is aim. Worry not Tenno, if you used your mouse to melee attack, there's a toggle option for you.

this has actually made a LOT of weapons worse, a lot of stance mods for weapons interrupt your combat, polearms specifically, I used to LOVE the guandao with quick melee but isnce the changes it's become unusable for me, can we PLEASE get a keybind for quick melee

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Just to let you know this patch broke the controls for controller users. Melee channel is unrebindable and makes it so you can't aim/fire.

Edited by Foggy
Mistype

Anyone else now getting 100 standing per fugitive on the Orb Vallis map? Still getting 50 elsewhere, but for some reason it seems to be doubled there.

9 hours ago, alias892308987465129 said:

melee changes

There are so bugs but beyond that it's a lot smoother and functions way better imho. However people with controllers are describing unique problems. Hopefully they'll work out the kinks. Over-all I think it improves the game. Something I am concerned about is glide having about half it's normal length, maybe less before the sudden drop.

57 minutes ago, Foggy said:

Just to let you know this patch broke the controls for controller users. Melee channel is unrebindable and makes it so you can't aim/fire.

Reset to default and then rebund however you want. 

6 hours ago, Carges said:

Do you have to get 100 point for the opticor in 1 run or they stack?

Because if you do isn't that a bit too much?

I mean, supposing you get always the canister full so 7 points for 4 fractures, you need 60 fractures to get 100 point, 100 seconds for each are 6000 second, so more than one hour and half. Without mentioning finding fractures and coolant.

Am i getting it wrong or you do really have to stay that long in a mission?

This reply may be late, and you may know this by now, but it doesn't have to be all at once. I'm sitting at 13 Fractures over the course of three separate runs.

Posted (edited)

sooo i'm a programmer myself and i don't even wanna know the embarrassment your devs probably feel for getting 14 booleans inverted but um, if you don't mind me asking, when's the hotfix arriving? turning from "scanned, progress: ...%" into "undiscovered" with no progress doesn't seem to be explained by "oh yeah we need the progress for it to unlock the big boss" if we can't see it?

also i noticed True Punishment isn't affecting the Crit Chance on my weapons anymore, i think you might have broken that one during the melee update maybe?

Edited by nonchip