[DE]Rebecca

LIVE! STATUS THREAD: Update 24.4.0

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed. These were meant to give players something optional to do as they spend their time in the Plains, but since Bounties can be activated on command, they no longer serve a purpose.

what about rivens that need us to complete an incursion to open it ?
to what would it be changed this time

Individual Extraction: Non-Wave Endless!
You are now able to extract from Survival, Excavation, and Defection missions independent of your squad.

- Once the 'mission complete' interval is met, players can head to extraction any time they choose (i.e 5 minutes for Survival).
- Any player at extraction triggers a countdown timer.
- If all players leave the extraction zone, the countdown timer is cancelled.
- When the timer is up, the extraction ship arrives and any players in the extraction zone leave.
- Anyone still playing can extract later any time they choose.

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

1 hour ago, lexandritte said:

Incursions had different drop pool from Bounties, including some weird stuff like Eidolon Lens Conversions and the three rare mods that only drop from Plains Commanders. Will those rewards be moved elsewhere?

Target Acquired already drops from a certain Grineer meatheads, the other mods will be re-purposed later.

1 hour ago, xRufus7x said:

Please don't forget to remove incursions from the riven challenges.

The Incursion Riven challenge has been removed and exiting Riven will get a new random challenge.

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Plains of Eidolon Changes:
- With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed. These were meant to give players something optional to do as they spend their time in the Plains, but since Bounties can be activated on command, they no longer serve a purpose.

I don't know... There are no any kind of random encounters (not counting enemy spawns of course) in Warframe's landscapes, so removing Incursions feels like a nail in the coffin. A better solution would've been introducing more types of missions or simply exclusive incursion ones to both landscapes:

• Mobile Interception & Rescue: intercept radio transmission (follow the drones), locate and raid: A. Coprus' convoy and steal resources (toroids!) and credits; B. Grineer's convoy and resuce captured Ostronians,
  • Survival: pick the Corpus / Grineer's attention and keep them distracted (wreck havoc to keep them on high alert) while some agents of SU / Cetus do their thing,
  • Hijack: steal their vehicles: Ogmas, Dargyns, Coildrives, Rovers etc. and deliver them to hideouts,
  • Hijack & Mobile Defense: steal their cargo vehicles and deliver as much of resources they carry as you can to hideouts / captured bases: getting damaged reduces the amount of resources, and the more of them you deliver, the higher / better reward,
  • Assault & Sabotage: hack into their planetary defense mainframe and put the Corpus / Grineer ships on the targets list,
  • Rescue & Exterminate: rescue a hostage and lead him to a hideout just for him to turn out to be a double agent, then repel the reinforcements,
  • Excavation: hack into the mining camp's mainframe and download the data, then pinpoint the location, deploy your excavator and start extracting resources so they won't fall into enemy's hands,
  • Sabotage: sneak into enemy's camp / base undetected, request their heavy reinforcements drop, then hack into their perimeter defense and override it to compromise IFF, leave that camp undetected and watch how their reinforcements will be greeted with their own defense weaponry, thus demoralizing ground forces.
  • Rescue#2: locate and rescue poor NPC from wildlife asap (let kubrodon to live up to his name),

You could also put some NPCs there, too. SU / Ostron fishermen, hunters, citizens, The Perrin's Sequence's / Steel Meridian's occasional visits and patrols (still waiting for my personal Dargyn with Steel Meridian markings :tongue:) minding their own business. No one says it's easy (if possible at all), but this will sure help the landscape alot to feel alive.

Edited by Thundervision
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 12

Posted (edited)

Incursions provide(d) an important loot table with stances and other mods that aren't viably farmable anywhere else, break up the monotony of mining/fishing/etc, and are the best way for some riven challenges and the literal only way, for others. This part of the change seems ill thought out in regard to what they do provide, and tbh, incursions should come to the Vallis, not leave Plains; bounties alone is meh even when you can trigger them without leaving the openworld, as sometimes you don't want a full bounty, you only want a little random "here ya go" task to cleanse your metaphorical palette.

Edited by OmegaVitae
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Biosko said:

Btw noone is expecting you to meet your deadlines. You proved the ones that believed in that wrong so many times...

Let's not harass the devs, shall we? They're moving as fast as they can, and it's not like you're paying subscription fees. Just keep calm until the eventual release, alright?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all PC Tenno -

[...]

What's the point without Alerts?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Plains of Eidolon Changes:
- Bounties are now available out in the Plains of Eidolon! Certain tents placed throughout the Plains contain a console that encompasses the power to contact Konzu himself (when he’s not on his early lunch).

\When comming close to a console, we must hear Konzu say "Utz".

• Like 1

Hi all PC Tenno -

You are anticipated. And, you are anticipating this week's mainline Update! We still expect it to ship this week, just not today. Check back to this thread for Status Updates!

Our marketing team is putting together a nice overview for you to checkout before the Update launches. Stay tuned for that.

Thanks Reb, appreciate the update. Hoping for Nightwave changes, any word on that? If we need to wait for the patch notes that's fine, but a simple "yes there are changes" would go a long way if you can.

• Like 1

Orb Heist: Profit Taker Changes:
- All non-Orb enemies can no longer trigger knockback in players during this fight. If you are being tossed around by Moas/etc moving forward in the context of the Orb Heist Profit Taker fight, please let us know.

Clearly I wasn't the only one who suggested this change.

Interesting QoL changes, particularly pleased with the individual extraction for players that don't like being stuck in with others that have different wave length goals. I do wonder though if disabling the knockdowns of the enemies in Profit Taker is the cleanest path, since those abilities are part of the enemies involved. Might it be cleaner just to switch the enemies that spawn to those that don't do knock down abilities as core to their sets?

What will happen to the three mods that dropped exclusively from these incursions?

45 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Target Acquired already drops from a certain Grineer meatheads, the other mods will be re-purposed later.

The Incursion Riven challenge has been removed and exiting Riven will get a new random challenge.

Is this saying that the mods have been removed from the Plains Commanders that can be fought during bounties as well?

With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed.

What about old riven with unveil condition "... do a incursion without taking damage..."  as example?

• Applause 1

You are now able to extract from Survival, Excavation, and Defection missions independent of your squad.

- Once the 'mission complete' interval is met, players can head to extraction any time they choose (i.e 5 minutes for Survival).
- Any player at extraction triggers a countdown timer.
- If all players leave the extraction zone, the countdown timer is cancelled.
- When the timer is up, the extraction ship arrives and any players in the extraction zone leave.
- Anyone still playing can extract later any time they choose.

This is nice but can you make it possible to invite friends/guildmates then?

• Like 1

I would love to see my vote counting for something in the orbiter, when you have the squad ready for some mission.

People tend to click ''GO'' and force you in independently of your vote, sometimes leaving isn't quick enough. Something should really change in the squad vote, maybe more organic or rule dependent. One guy can force 3 after mission even before you screen could load the orbiter.

59 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

certain Grineer meatheads,

I'm hearing this phrase used more and more. Are you hinting towards something?

Orb Heist: Profit Taker Changes:
- All non-Orb enemies can no longer trigger knockback in players during this fight. If you are being tossed around by Moas/etc moving forward in the context of the Orb Heist Profit Taker fight, please let us know.

M.Bison YES!.mp4

Any chance we'll ever see Priority Hosting?

I've got all this fiber, but it never gets a whole lot of use.

• Applause 1

If the "host" is extracting, can we get a longer timer (like 90 seconds)?  This will make it more obvious to the player if the host is bailing to make an "informed decision".  

• Applause 1

Be sure to adjust for Rivens that require Incursion based objectives for completion.

• Upvote 1

I'm not gonna lie. I really wish DE would keep incursions. I know we're getting Konzu access in the plains, but the Incursions made POE feel alive. Without them it's gonna feel kinda dead. I feel like they could be kept relevant if they had improved rewards.

Otherwise, I'm excited for all the changes!

• Upvote 1