[DE]Rebecca

LIVE! STATUS THREAD: Update 24.4.0

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Individual Extraction: Non-Wave Endless!
You are now able to extract from Survival, Excavation, and Defection missions independent of your squad.

- Once the 'mission complete' interval is met, players can head to extraction any time they choose (i.e 5 minutes for Survival).
- Any player at extraction triggers a countdown timer.
- If all players leave the extraction zone, the countdown timer is cancelled.
- When the timer is up, the extraction ship arrives and any players in the extraction zone leave.
- Anyone still playing can extract later any time they choose.

Client-Authoritative Changes:
We have made some much requested changes to the responsiveness of two things in Warframe: Weapon swapping and automatic doors. Right now in Warframe, if you are connected as a client you may have experienced delays in responsiveness of either of these essential things! The changes should result in a much smoother experience:

- Swapping weapons as a Client will now feel more responsive because we've made it Client-Authoritative.
- Automatic Doors have been made Client-Authoritative. Previously there were cases of door not opening in tandem with the Host if any latency was experienced. This is likely going to ship, but in the event it's too risky we will polish and roll out later.

yes finally. can we get aabcabbcabcc rotation on endless mission aswell to drive more new players to want to become better then whats needed for the c rotation rule. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thundervision said:

I don't know... There are no any kind of random encounters (not counting enemy spawns of course) in Warframe's landscapes, so removing Incursions feels like a nail in the coffin. A better solution would've been introducing more types of missions or simply exclusive incursion ones to both landscapes:

• Mobile Interception & Rescue: intercept radio transmission (follow the drones), locate and raid: A. Coprus' convoy and steal resources (toroids!) and credits; B. Grineer's convoy and resuce captured Ostronians,
  • Survival: pick the Corpus / Grineer's attention and keep them distracted (wreck havoc to keep them on high alert) while some agents of SU / Cetus do their thing,
  • Hijack: steal their vehicles: Ogmas, Dargyns, Coildrives, Rovers etc. and deliver them to hideouts,
  • Hijack & Mobile Defense: steal their cargo vehicles and deliver as much of resources they carry as you can to hideouts / captured bases: getting damaged reduces the amount of resources, and the more of them you deliver, the higher / better reward,
  • Assault & Sabotage: hack into their planetary defense mainframe and put the Corpus / Grineer ships on the targets list,
  • Rescue & Exterminate: rescue a hostage and lead him to a hideout just for him to turn out to be a double agent, then repel the reinforcements,
  • Excavation: hack into the mining camp's mainframe and download the data, then pinpoint the location, deploy your excavator and start extracting resources so they won't fall into enemy's hands,
  • Sabotage: sneak into enemy's camp / base undetected, request their heavy reinforcements drop, then hack into their perimeter defense and override it to compromise IFF, leave that camp undetected and watch how their reinforcements will be greeted with their own defense weaponry, thus demoralizing ground forces.
  • Rescue#2: locate and rescue poor NPC from wildlife asap (let kubrodon to live up to his name),

You could also put some NPCs there, too. SU / Ostron fishermen, hunters, citizens, The Perrin's Sequence's / Steel Meridian's occasional visits and patrols (still waiting for my personal Dargyn with Steel Meridian markings :tongue:) minding their own business. No one says it's easy (if possible at all), but this will sure help the landscape alot to feel alive.

DE PLEASE, for the love of all things open works in Warframe, give us this man's suggestions! This would be so much fun!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thundervision said:

I don't know... There are no any kind of random encounters (not counting enemy spawns of course) in Warframe's landscapes, so removing Incursions feels like a nail in the coffin. A better solution would've been introducing more types of missions or simply exclusive incursion ones to both landscapes:

• Mobile Interception & Rescue: intercept radio transmission (follow the drones), locate and raid: A. Coprus' convoy and steal resources (toroids!) and credits; B. Grineer's convoy and resuce captured Ostronians,
  • Survival: pick the Corpus / Grineer's attention and keep them distracted (wreck havoc to keep them on high alert) while some agents of SU / Cetus do their thing,
  • Hijack: steal their vehicles: Ogmas, Dargyns, Coildrives, Rovers etc. and deliver them to hideouts,
  • Hijack & Mobile Defense: steal their cargo vehicles and deliver as much of resources they carry as you can to hideouts / captured bases: getting damaged reduces the amount of resources, and the more of them you deliver, the higher / better reward,
  • Assault & Sabotage: hack into their planetary defense mainframe and put the Corpus / Grineer ships on the targets list,
  • Rescue & Exterminate: rescue a hostage and lead him to a hideout just for him to turn out to be a double agent, then repel the reinforcements,
  • Excavation: hack into the mining camp's mainframe and download the data, then pinpoint the location, deploy your excavator and start extracting resources so they won't fall into enemy's hands,
  • Sabotage: sneak into enemy's camp / base undetected, request their heavy reinforcements drop, then hack into their perimeter defense and override it to compromise IFF, leave that camp undetected and watch how their reinforcements will be greeted with their own defense weaponry, thus demoralizing ground forces.
  • Rescue#2: locate and rescue poor NPC from wildlife asap (let kubrodon to live up to his name),

You could also put some NPCs there, too. SU / Ostron fishermen, hunters, citizens, The Perrin's Sequence's / Steel Meridian's occasional visits and patrols (still waiting for my personal Dargyn with Steel Meridian markings :tongue:) minding their own business. No one says it's easy (if possible at all), but this will sure help the landscape alot to feel alive.

Sounds like some good bounty or incursion-esque ideas for the Plains and Fortuna.

Posted (edited)

Orb Heist: Profit Taker Changes:
- All non-Orb enemies can no longer trigger knockback in players during this fight. If you are being tossed around by Moas/etc moving forward in the context of the Orb Heist Profit Taker fight, please let us know.

Individual Extraction: Non-Wave Endless!
You are now able to extract from Survival, Excavation, and Defection missions independent of your squad.

Alright, i'm returning to this game

- Swapping weapons as a Client will now feel more responsive because we've made it Client-Authoritative.

YES YES YES

Edited by .OwOkin.
  • Haha 1

Just now, Venatorio said:

Day 10. Still haven’t seen the Wolf once.

we need a club. noWolf club

These are great changes. I'm very excited for the mainline update! 

@[DE]Rebecca It would be awesome to get some answers to a few questions:

1. Is Host Migration problems an issue that the team is working on? It would certainly be great if it were seamless, especially in light of the new extraction opportunities.

2. Is operator activation something that will also be looked at for client-side authority?

3. Can the mods exclusive to incursions be repurposed in a way that doesn't give them abysmal drop chances?

4. Can we get a similar extraction screen, like that for defense missions, when the timer runs out when someone is at the extraction point?

5. (A bit off-topic) Regarding Nightwave, it was mentioned that feedback would be considered for implementation in Season 2. Should we therefore expect no changes during the remaining 8 weeks of Season 1?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, dpencil said:

These are great changes. I'm very excited for the mainline update! 

@[DE]Rebecca It would be awesome to get some answers to a few questions:

1. Is Host Migration problems an issue that the team is working on? It would certainly be great if it were seamless, especially in light of the new extraction opportunities.

2. Is operator activation something that will also be looked at for client-side authority?

3. Can the mods exclusive to incursions be repurposed in a way that doesn't give them abysmal drop chances?

4. Can we get a similar extraction screen, like that for defense missions, when the timer runs out when someone is at the extraction point?

5. (A bit off-topic) Regarding Nightwave, it was mentioned that feedback would be considered for implementation in Season 2. Should we therefore expect no changes during the remaining 8 weeks of Season 1?

Thanks!

yes all of these. the defence extraction huh. we already have single player extraction on defence missions...

3 hours ago, Spoogity said:

Children of the Red Text

great Sindicate name... Just saying that...

All non-Orb enemies can no longer trigger knockback in players during this fight.

Seriously? Just let them stand still. Make that easiest fight more easier. People are complaining that there is no any challenge / end game content. Well, you guys are only doing even worse.

4 hours ago, Revanx said:

Does this include the visual update to the plains as well? Thanks for the status update. 

It's been confirmed the visual remaster will come in a few weeks during the last devstream. 

9 minutes ago, Hildr said:

Seriously? Just let them stand still. Make that easiest fight more easier. People are complaining that there is no any challenge / end game content. Well, you guys are only doing even worse.

Being knockdown every 0.0001 seconds out of nowhere is not a challenge. An enemy should dare to take on the players and change the way we usually deal with them. The melee crewman and big leg moa does it well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thundervision said:

That's what we've been asking for so a 10000% yes. Also a fishing/mining bounty-esque would be nice alternative if people want to take a step back from combat but still can earn Standings just from the recreational means. 

Really can't wait for this update to hit.

Plains QoL? Solo extraction? No more door lag (if it goes as planned)? Yes please.

Thanks DE! 😍

Just now, EquinoxPrime said:

Really can't wait for this update to hit.

Plains QoL? Solo extraction? No more door lag (if it goes as planned)? Yes please.

Thanks DE! 😍

and no more weapon lag, hopefully that includes exalted ults like mesa consider in high lag game you can get stucking unable to do anything well waiting for your makers to come out

• Satisfied 1

Plains changes sound great. Will be extremely convenient to not have to continuously load in and out.

Profit taker changes: Not a big fan of this. Knockdowns could have been toned back a bit instead of completely removed. If players couldnt solo the thing they could request a squad with a frame with knockdown immunity like oberon or warding halo nezha or slot handspring. Now the fight will be more of a joke than ever.

Individual extraction: Oh my god. It's coming.

Client Authoritative changes: Nice.

• Like 1

Still wish you'd make orb heists available to ranks below max tier for Fortuna. I doubt I'll be getting there any time soon with how little time i have to play anymore.

Will the individual extraction lower the enemy spawn when one team mate extracts or it'll remain the same?

• Upvote 1

What? No more incursions? But... who will find all the Grineer's lost drones?

A moment of silence for all the downed drones that shall forever go uncaptured. :sadcry:

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

200.gif

• Upvote 1

My life will have so much more quality when I'll finally be able to have that incredible Limbo Deluxe skin. Please tell me it's coming this week too. 

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed. These were meant to give players something optional to do as they spend their time in the Plains, but since Bounties can be activated on command, they no longer serve a purpose.

Please tell me this is temporary until you can go back and rework them.

Incursions are the most dynamic, open-world-ish thing about PoE.
If anything we need more content like that and less boring and repetitive bounties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Individual extraction is awesome when I’m levelling something in a Defense and people want to leave after Round 5. And bless the stars for that change in Incursions, now I can fish or mine without being stressed out by a timer and Holo-Lotus’s sarcastic phrases of scolding when I let the mission slide. 

• Upvote 1

This is great especially the swapping and door delay fixes, 

Hope it is extended to operator mode as well.