[DE]Rebecca

LIVE! STATUS THREAD: Update 24.4.0

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Individual Extraction: Non-Wave Endless!
You are now able to extract from Survival, Excavation, and Defection missions independent of your squad.

- Once the 'mission complete' interval is met, players can head to extraction any time they choose (i.e 5 minutes for Survival).
- Any player at extraction triggers a countdown timer.
- If all players leave the extraction zone, the countdown timer is cancelled.
- When the timer is up, the extraction ship arrives and any players in the extraction zone leave.
- Anyone still playing can extract later any time they choose.

Now, y'see, this right here. This bit. I'm scared of this, because you can't fill those spots back in with the way things currently work. That's not ok.

This enables leeches, too. I don't care if someone thinks they can't effectively contribute, they can at least TRY to contribute. But when you have someone who gets no kills, didn't use any abilities, contributed literally NOTHING to the mission for an ENTIRE HOUR, then decides they are going to go sit on extraction AFK, now they can just get away with it too. Sheesh.

Don't forget host migration issues either. Unless you have a plan to solve all of these above in one fell swoop when you launch this, you are all just creating more problems. Yes, yes yes yes, people want to be able to do this, people SHOULD be able to do this but have you thought about all the potential problems that can arise from it? If you have all that handled, if you've got it all nicely strapped down and bundled up, then I feel like maybe, maybe I can be optimistic.

It's just, as of late, a lot of changes and what not I've seen seem to have been almost... impulsive. Like no one really thought farther than 'that sounds like a good idea lets do that' and to be frank that's a little concerning.

Edited by Krylia_Viru
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Krylia_Viru said:

Now, y'see, this right here. This bit. I'm scared of this, because you can't fill those spots back in with the way things currently work. That's not ok.

This enables leeches, too. I don't care if someone thinks they can't effectively contribute, they can at least TRY to contribute. But when you have someone who gets no kills, didn't use any abilities, contributed literally NOTHING to the mission for an ENTIRE HOUR, then decides they are going to go sit on extraction AFK, now they can just get away with it too. Sheesh.

Don't forget host migration issues either. Unless you have a plan to solve all of these above in one fell swoop when you launch this, you are all just creating more problems. Yes, yes yes yes, people want to be able to do this, people SHOULD be able to do this but have you thought about all the potential problems that can arise from it? If you have all that handled, if you've got it all nicely strapped down and bundled up, then I feel like maybe, maybe I can be optimistic.

It's just, as of late, a lot of changes and what not I've seen seem to have been almost... impulsive. Like no one really thought farther than 'that sounds like a good idea lets do that' and to be frank that's a little concerning.

You can't fill those spots in the way it is now, as you have to leave all at once and don't have the option to continue. This system won't enable leeches any more than it currently does, in fact I'd say it helps deal with them, you can leave now and requeue and they can't stop you from extracting.

The host migration this is a good point though, it seems like every time I host migrate, I end up dying or losing object health or life support % before I can get back.

I have also noticed the "impulsive" nature of features added in as of late, though I don't think that's the word I'd use to describe it. Proactive or enthusiastic is how I'd describe it. Small changes being added on whim, seemingly. As I see it, if they pan-out they stay, if people don't like it they'll probably get reverted - but all the changes have been great so far, so we haven't seen anything like that.

Edited by BigWillBlue
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

So with incursions gone where will the mods be available from? Target Acquired, Spring-Loaded Blade and Kinetic Diversion

Edited by paul5473
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Individual Extraction: Non-Wave Endless!

You are now able to extract from Survival, Excavation, and Defection missions independent of your squad.

Hello host migration my old friend

I've come to hate you once again

Because a load bar slowly creeping

Game is running while I am bleeding

And the load screen that's again my bain

Still remains

Within the rage and violence

Edited by JustSneaky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 1

survival mission

4 bro

58:59

nekros : i have to leave.
everyone: sure.it's your call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hildryn, Hildryn, Hildryn ❤️ 

hype GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Annnd Thanks for information, not to celebrate before the update :) .

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

YAY!

*sending coffee*

Love you Guys. ❤️

Edited by Kacela
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed.

What about Spring-Loaded Blade and Kinetic Diversion? Will those stay as exclusive and extremely rare reward of their respective Commanders which are already rare on their own? Will Eidolon Conversion Lens still be obtainable?

• Upvote 2

preparations for the announced future raids mayby ?? 😛
tarting too look allot like hte dungen systems in other mmo's ..
shotgun becoms some sort of medic/support ..
rifle ranged dps ..
pistol is close range fast dps..
melee glass cannon dps..
only thing im missing is a tank .
Would be hella cool tho

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You are anticipated. And, you are anticipating this week's mainline Update! We still expect it to ship this week, just not today. Check back to this thread for Status Updates!

Can't wait much hype. Fingers cross for tomorrow.

You are anticipated. And, you are anticipating this week's mainline Update! We still expect it to ship this week, just not today. Check back to this thread for Status Updates!

Can't wait much hype. Fingers cross for tomorrow.

If the 6th trade slot isn't in this, what am I going to do with the 9 sets of akstilleto prime I have to trade? 

3 hours ago, JustSneaky said:

Hello host migration my old friend

I've come to hate you once again

Because a load bar slowly creeping

Game is running while I am bleeding

And the load screen that's again my bain

Still remains

Within the rage and violence

Asides the first line it fits with Anthem a lot more. 

• Upvote 1

Just a question @[DE]Rebecca, is the Plains changes coming with just the in-world bounties or are we expecting the full plains remaster within the mainline? 

With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed. These were meant to give players something optional to do as they spend their time in the Plains, but since Bounties can be activated on command, they no longer serve a purpose.

Where are the exclusive mods from Incursions going? What happens to existing rivens that require Incursions?

Client-Authoritative Changes:
We have made some much requested changes to the responsiveness of two things in Warframe: Weapon swapping and automatic doors. Right now in Warframe, if you are connected as a client you may have experienced delays in responsiveness of either of these essential things! The changes should result in a much smoother experience:

- Swapping weapons as a Client will now feel more responsive because we've made it Client-Authoritative.
- Automatic Doors have been made Client-Authoritative. Previously there were cases of door not opening in tandem with the Host if any latency was experienced. This is likely going to ship, but in the event it's too risky we will polish and roll out later.

Does this include Operator? Energizing Dash is very hit or miss as a client. Never really even noticed the weapon swapping but I have been requesting a fix for laggy client Energizing Dash since it came out.

• Upvote 1

I still wish DE add a guy like in Orb Vallis where we could do another bounty without exiting from PoE. 

I still have some veiled rivens where you require to do something during incursions,what's going to happen then? And what about those rare mods that drop only from incursions?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, FallenDisc said:

I still wish DE add a guy like in Orb Vallis where we could do another bounty without exiting from PoE. 

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi all PC Tenno -

Plains of Eidolon Changes:
- Bounties are now available out in the Plains of Eidolon! Certain tents placed throughout the Plains contain a console that encompasses the power to contact Konzu himself (when he’s not on his early lunch).
- With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed. These were meant to give players something optional to do as they spend their time in the Plains, but since Bounties can be activated on command, they no longer serve a purpose.

@FallenDisc

Edited by Kacela

9 minutes ago, FallenDisc said:

Do you even read?

6 minutes ago, Darkmatt3r said:

Do you even read?

I think he means, a person versus a whole tent with a comm system. Larger footprint.

- With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed. These were meant to give players something optional to do as they spend their time in the Plains, but since Bounties can be activated on command, they no longer serve a purpose.

why? what is it with DE just removing stuff for no reason, now you always have to do a full bounty instead of a single incursion. It was nice to have those when you wanted to take a small brake from fishing or mining and they popped up. Also made the plains feel more alive.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

We have made some much requested changes to the responsiveness of two things in Warframe: Weapon swapping and automatic doors. Right now in Warframe, if you are connected as a client you may have experienced delays in responsiveness of either of these essential things! The changes should result in a much smoother experience:

- Swapping weapons as a Client will now feel more responsive because we've made it Client-Authoritative.
- Automatic Doors have been made Client-Authoritative. Previously there were cases of door not opening in tandem with the Host if any latency was experienced. This is likely going to ship, but in the event it's too risky we will polish and roll out later.

What about going in and out of operator?

Edited by -TSA-RedBeard
  • Like 1

Please let us do all things as operator such as mining, fishing and k-driving

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kriegerurteil said:

why? what is it with DE just removing stuff for no reason, now you always have to do a full bounty instead of a single incursion. It was nice to have those when you wanted to take a small brake from fishing or mining and they popped up. Also made the plains feel more alive.

Rebecca said in the last devstream about alerts, its old. But they are good at what they do but like any other compagnies in this world, asking advice or ideas before removing its not one of their strong suite. Do not forget that we play a game of group of people decided and in the end they can do what they want, it is sad but its life.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Finally... any chance you can do this for switching to/from the operator as well.  I have had the same issue with this being delayed due to being 'host controlled' or my personal favourite, because there's so much lag that you end up pressing the operator key a second time and then you pop in and out instantly a few seconds later... 

13 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Target Acquired already drops from a certain Grineer meatheads, the other mods will be re-purposed later.

Any chance these mods can get an increase from 1% (or less in the case of kinetic diversion) drop chance while you're at it...

Edited by LSG501