Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's up with DE and gifting Tennogen items?

I know for sure I'm not the only one that has thought of this, and maybe someone posted about this in forums already as well, but why is it that we cannot gift Tennogen items to our friends on Warframe? Is there something up with guidelines for Steam? Even so, the same process of money being spent is going through, it's just... given to another player.

(In short, I love the entire gifting process, but why can't we gift Tennogen items?)

It's probably something to do with how it's integrated into Steam.  If I had to guess, the problem is likely that it's treated like a Steam purchase being made through an external app - you're not *really* buying Tennogen items from DE.  You're buying them from Valve.  (The part where trying to buy one opens a Steam page strongly hints at this.)  So to gift Tennogen, you'd actually need to send it as a *Steam* gift purchase.  And the UI isn't set up to allow this.  Maybe Steam doesn't permit it, maybe it's just really difficult for the return on time invested.  It could even be an issue that (for security reasons) Steam can't/won't share user information.  I know that my Warframe nickname is not necessarily the same as my visible Steam nickname.

It would definitely be nice to be able to gift Tennogen.  Since allowing it is a thing that would make it possible for people to spend money on Tennogen, I would have to assume there's a pretty strong reason that DE hasn't added it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

It's probably something to do with how it's integrated into Steam.  If I had to guess, the problem is likely that it's treated like a Steam purchase being made through an external app - you're not *really* buying Tennogen items from DE.  You're buying them from Valve.  (The part where trying to buy one opens a Steam page strongly hints at this.)  So to gift Tennogen, you'd actually need to send it as a *Steam* gift purchase.  And the UI isn't set up to allow this.  Maybe Steam doesn't permit it, maybe it's just really difficult for the return on time invested.  It could even be an issue that (for security reasons) Steam can't/won't share user information.  I know that my Warframe nickname is not necessarily the same as my visible Steam nickname.

It would definitely be nice to be able to gift Tennogen.  Since allowing it is a thing that would make it possible for people to spend money on Tennogen, I would have to assume there's a pretty strong reason that DE hasn't added it.

This is largely correct, and we want to do it, so hopefully one day we will, but there's a mountain of reasons as mentioned here and some not (currency conversion issues also exist).

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is largely correct, and we want to do it, so hopefully one day we will, but there's a mountain of reasons as mentioned here and some not (currency conversion issues also exist).

Is there ever an intention on bundling some things together?

I post from the Lord Mother herself!!!

10 hours ago, MrStealYoPlatinum said:

I know for sure I'm not the only one that has thought of this, and maybe someone posted about this in forums already as well, but why is it that we cannot gift Tennogen items to our friends on Warframe? Is there something up with guidelines for Steam? Even so, the same process of money being spent is going through, it's just... given to another player.

(In short, I love the entire gifting process, but why can't we gift Tennogen items?)

You have been blessed Tenno!

Edited by Carnage2K4

38 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

That would be nice if this were to be implemented, but i understand if that's not a possibility at least for anytime soon. A whole lot of legal stuff probably as far as i can imagine alongside with what you already mentioned.

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234

correct me if am wrong but that would be a bad thing.

you get Tennogen items by real cash only from steam only right? so nonsteam players cannot buy tennogen unless they switch to steam .... now inside the game steam and nonsteam players share the same server, same region chat, same trade chat, same trade system, same riven mods ...etc 

think about it and you will see how gifting tennogen items can turn bad to DE and to creators who design all these amazing skins and helmets 

i prefer to keep it that way as it is now