Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet Stasis mechanic is an anti-loadout time waste.

Carnage2K4

With the new set mods and fetch being available I've been making some builds that include pets...
I also change frames quite a bit to keep stuff interesting.
This mechanic of having only one pet at a time, and having to put current pet into stasis, wait... Get next pet out... Equip... Why does it exist? I mean it literally just wastes my time with unnecessary screwing around.

DE knows this system is horrible, it was worse when we had to wait  30min or spend 10K creds to speed up the process, but instead of just fixing the entire issue by getting rid of it... They just half fix it. But we still need to go through the process of switching out pets for no actual reason as far as I can tell... What, the digital "creature" is more "alive" than a sentinel?

I'll give an example: I just went to Fortuna to do some bounties, I use a mecha set Ash build in OV ATM because frankly it's OP, But I forgot my Mecha Set Kubro was in Stasis because I'd been using Nidus + Helmith... Awesome -.- ... Back to my Orbiter... 6 Kubros, which one has the mecha build is anyone's guess as I've not used it in a week or so. Place pet in Stasis, remove other pet from stasis, move to arsenal, equip, check, nope, go back to Incubator, REPEAT... This is the best way to implement what is essentially one type of equipment when all other types of equipment are near instantaneous to swap? c'mon, Really?

Solution:
I would pay the 10K creds again so that I can select my pet directly from the arsenal (not that I think you should as you have already removed the cost now), if it's in stasis fine have "in stasis" plastered across it, but at least still have it selectable/equitable and be able to look at its mods while in the arsenal (even lock down its mods till it's out of stasis if you want) and have the pet remain as part of the loadout when you swap frames. When I leave the arsenal with an "in Stasis" pet, sure, give me a warning that I'll be swapping out one pet and putting the other back in stasis (make it an option in the arsenal as well)...

But don't make me go through this multi-menu 'select, move and wait' process when I just want to change frames or one piece of equipment in the build and get back in game, even focus (thankfully) is a fast switch in the arsenal now, please update the pet system to be this simple... As it's still pointless and irritating if you want to make the most out of builds with pets.

8 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

You don’t have to pay, we should be able to do this for free, as in choosing our pets from the pet selection menu, if it’s in stasis then we can drag it out from the same menu 

I was emphasizing that, if given the choice, I would pay in replacement to the system we have now, because that is how much I hate the current system... Not inferring that they should bring payment it back now that it's gone.