Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will March 20th be the Next Prime Access!?!?!? (Speculation/Theory)

(XBOX)Djinisis

43 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Don't you guys have Mutagen Samples?

Long story short, no. 

I left my old clan with <10 mutagen samples (and despite being a veteran I don't have very large resource stockpiles since I was one of the key contributors and leaders of my old clan). This happened because a IRL friend of mine was always complaining about how he wanted to be a leader (despite not helping much and not speaking english) and how the clan was pretty dead.

I had to make a quick decision and created my own clan, a ghost one (low effort, low maintenance), truth be told the old clan was already taking a toll on me, despite loving it. But right now it's been 14 days since that complaining SoB who wanted this so much has logged in. I do not mind this since I am the founding warlord and the resource toll would be the same even if he was out of the clan. It just means the effort is not divided by us two, but it also means that if he dares to complain I'll just show him the door.

However, regarding the samples. No biggie really, I am a veteran who already knows how this game works back and forth. Guess what I'll do with the coming Double Resource Weekend + Resource Booster bought from the Market + Smeeta Kavat? Yup, mutagen weekend. And "worse pigments" weekend. And gallium weekend, which is a surprisingly needed resource for a clan tbh, Hopefully by the end of the month the worst grind will be behind me.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

For me Hema wasn't bad but Khora was a bloody nightmare to get. I don't think Equinox Prime will require a major grind but the fortuna standing makes me wonder. (so many people upset that Garuda was locked behind old mate).

If they do lock another frame behind a grind as bad as Khora I feel like it will end up being Wisp. She's too cute, and that's never a good sign as if I have learned anything it's the more love a frame gets while in development the harder its going to be to get them.

That's very accurate. It may seem like it's not but DE is actually pretty sly in their monetizing strategies. They must be very careful with that, though, since a lot of it rides on their reputation as an honest company. A few tricks here and there is very healthy for them, as they must generate revenue and profit too, but I hope they continue humble as they ever were. Tbh I find them a bit sloppy about these latest PR subjects, which saddens me, despite admiring them as a company.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

2 hours ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

If Chroma Prime not requiring other Primes is a sign then it may just be 3 + BP making the prime version a hell of a lot easier to get then the regular version.

(so many people with Chroma prime before having Chroma)

I can attest to this. I've killed Kela De Thaym about 20+ times already and she won't drop the Saryn Systems blueprint. Meanwhile, I've already built Chroma Prime and managed to sell at least three more sets to other players in trade chat. It's hardly worth trying to build regular Chroma now. Not even for the 6000 Mastery points.

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I can attest to this. I've killed Kela De Thaym about 20+ times already and she won't drop the Saryn Systems blueprint. Meanwhile, I've already built Chroma Prime and managed to sell at least three more sets to other players in trade chat. It's hardly worth trying to build regular Chroma now. Not even for the 6000 Mastery points.

I built Chroma the moment they announced the prime then was like "welp I guess this is my life now." Got him to rank 30 then just shelved him and waited. No point getting attached if he was just going to be replaced in a few months.

They could either make it have 3+3+2BP+Main BP parts or 3+BP but all of them being rare, those are the options I can see as either fair enough or generally a correspondence in regard to the value of the frame similar to vauban prime, indeed Chroma required other blueprints in order to craft the frame but it did not require the entire players to build totally different frames, it only used some of the most common blueprint parts of other warframes in order to have each of his parts built respectively so a difference still exists. However do not forget that prime variant blueprints are trade-able so even if it is in fact 9 blueprints they can simply make most of them common/uncommon and people will be able to still obtain them pretty easily due to the fact that they are trade-able where as in the standard variant they ought to kill a boss a multitude of times in order to have all of the parts.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

That's very accurate. It may seem like it's not but DE is actually pretty sly in their monetizing strategies. They must be very careful with that, though, since a lot of it rides on their reputation as an honest company. A few tricks here and there is very healthy for them, as they must generate revenue and profit too, but I hope they continue humble as they ever were. Tbh I find them a bit sloppy about these latest PR subjects, which saddens me, despite admiring them as a company.

Sneeky DE is sneaky.

The biggest thing they have working for them in regards to being an honest company right now is that everyone else seams to be digging a hole and climbing into it. I don't agree with some of the recent changes they have made (standing caps on missions, Locking Orb Mothers behind Old Mate, putting garuda behind old mate, Khora behind Sanctuary Onslaught, Nightwave, etc.) but none of it is enough to make me quit the game, though I am watching them more keenly.

Putting wisp being a large grind wall in efforts to cause people to buy her while under handed would also be a good move on their part. That said should they do it with too many more frames it may lead to issues within the community. Just because we "Can grind for it" doesn't mean that we should have to for every frame. Or rather the grind for every frame should not be unpalatable. Assassin missions are fun (or at least quick in most cases), Quests are wonderful (IMO), Giving a frame to a faction or group gives incentive to join/play that group. But if you make the grind too bad or the RNG too low then it does lead to more complaints.

I agree in regards to the PR. I wont mention anything specific as, I have noted a few forms being removed in regards to the subjects, but they seam less... genuine then in past? An Issue pops up and DE says nothing or takes a very neutral stance on the issues. I have read some people believe that these changes are due to their parent company desiring to see more profits but I feel it may be more inclined to a small team is going threw growing pains many companies do when they become mid to large sized ones. How can we still make money in a time/cost effective manner. The more players in the game the less likely personal relationships are to form, leading to more disjointed/disconnect from the community.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

I agree in regards to the PR. I wont mention anything specific as, I have noted a few forms being removed in regards to the subjects, but they seam less... genuine then in past? An Issue pops up and DE says nothing or takes a very neutral stance on the issues. I have read some people believe that these changes are due to their parent company desiring to see more profits but I feel it may be more inclined to a small team is going threw growing pains many companies do when they become mid to large sized ones. How can we still make money in a time/cost effective manner. The more players in the game the less likely personal relationships are to form, leading to more disjointed/disconnect from the community.

I think this is a very important paragraph, especially the last line - warframe is growing, and you simply can not be so community-involved as a large company working on a large project as you can be when you're a small company working on a passion project. When things grow big they also get stretched. They mature, then they grow old. There's a certain kind of life cycle to projects, and it's difficult to maintain project health when there's demands from both the owners and the playerbase that keeps going from size to size, from one relationship distance to the other. So far, though, DE is doing much better than whoever has to work under EA - just look at how DICE butchered Mirror's Edge Catalyst, which had all the potential for a great game, yet anyone who plays it can clearly see where the project had its wings clipped, that is to say, what it wanted to do and was barred from doing by boardroom hounds.

Am I afraid for the QoL of warframe on a general scale? No, not at this time. Should I expect a project such as this to run forever? Not, either.

11 minutes ago, evilChair said:

I think this is a very important paragraph, especially the last line - warframe is growing, and you simply can not be so community-involved as a large company working on a large project as you can be when you're a small company working on a passion project. When things grow big they also get stretched. They mature, then they grow old. There's a certain kind of life cycle to projects, and it's difficult to maintain project health when there's demands from both the owners and the playerbase that keeps going from size to size, from one relationship distance to the other. So far, though, DE is doing much better than whoever has to work under EA - just look at how DICE butchered Mirror's Edge Catalyst, which had all the potential for a great game, yet anyone who plays it can clearly see where the project had its wings clipped, that is to say, what it wanted to do and was barred from doing by boardroom hounds.

Am I afraid for the QoL of warframe on a general scale? No, not at this time. Should I expect a project such as this to run forever? Not, either.

Thank you.

When DE was smaller and had a smaller player base it was easy to know the Devs or have the Devs know you in a positive relationship. Eventually I fear DE will be something akin to most MMO's where you really only interact with them at various Cons and even then they may be disjointed (See Blizzard's "you have phones don't you"). However these fears and concerns are a long time off.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

Thank you.

When DE was smaller and had a smaller player base it was easy to know the Devs or have the Devs know you in a positive relationship. Eventually I fear DE will be something akin to most MMO's where you really only interact with them at various Cons and even then they may be disjointed (See Blizzard's "you have phones don't you"). However these fears and concerns are a long time off.

And even in the worst-case scenario, the devs who feel like "going tiny" and community-focused again can just leave the studio and start anew. It's not smooth going from "AAA game" to "a(n indie) game", but if people love having passion projects, they'll dash for it at the last straw and first chance.

So, with the upcoming Devstream #125 they'll be showing off the next Prime Access.

That being said, if Equinox follows the same pattern as Chroma Prime and Mesa Prime then we can realistically expect her Access to start on the 26th of March.

Edit: Since no date announcement in the Devstream, it’s possible we’re looking at the 2nd of April.

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1106687324056768513

it's happening ron paul GIF

SOON

I'm so excited you guys.

Edited by EquinoxPrime
Find your balance.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, -Equinox-Prime said:

hello equinox prime 

Hello dear, I see you’re a Tenno of culture as well. 😊

No mention of a release date in the Devstream, she looks fantastic though. Stradavar and Tipedo Prime, armor bundle and a pretty syandana. I’m thoroughly pleased.

Wake me up when Mesa Prime Access ends.

Edited by EquinoxPrime