Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Update 24.4.0

[DE]Megan

New system is badass and fluid, but some things are still problematic:

1. Can't figure out how to do melee block combos since hitting my old block key (mouse 2) immediately switches to gun mode and I can't find any keybindings for it. Assuming the whole combo system will get clearer as more of Melee 3.0 comes out, for the moment some parts of it have however sadly become disfunctional.

For the record I am a big fan of being able to switch to a dedicated and complex melee mode that enables you to have full control over how you fight, with things like light/heavy attacks, blocking, and channeling. I'm kind of worried to see the whole melee system get squashed down into a refined quick-melee button and I really hope this isn't the final direction you guys are taking it.

2. melee channel toggle + auto block = immediate massive energy drain when being shot at that we can't do anything about.

3. Hildryn can't channel because no energy pool...

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed “.” period characters from names of Weapons and Pets.

why? would be cool if you could instead enable more characters... i just want to name my cat " (^._.^) " 😄

otherwise thanks for the update!

Loving the new melee effects and the new gameplay but i dont like the new "gun and melee flow" system, i understand that its suposed to make combat faster but i quite liked seeing my frame unequiping the melee and this new system just ends up confusing me xd

11 hours ago, Banansa47 said:

yep they made it that way so you "HAVE" to play the orb heist.

Probably so that way the orb heist isn't forgotten (since it forces you to play fortuna content til you reach the standing rank of old mate, plus the boss itself is sooo buggy and boring).

11 hours ago, itsrewindtime said:

that's so dumb... I'm not going to grind my nuts off just to use a Warframe's signature weapon, especially if I buy it from the market. The Archweapon Deployer should have been added to the market from the beginning anyway.

And then there are those of us who can't do the heist's because we play on a toaster/potato that can't run orb vallis. (i might get lucky and i can play POE without the game turning in to a slideshow, orb vallis is a slideshow 88/8 times)

This patch is good, it gives me alot to do and I appreciate all your hard work on it.

My one point of contention comes whenever I look at the launcher. I'm conceiving the horror of being faced with default-color Hildryn -this amorphous blob of chewed up Playdough- as the poster child for Warframe on the launcher... for months. I'm not kidding when I say those colors are embarrassingly awful. Though I will soon have her set up with reasonable colors in-game, there will be a daily cringe when I boot up the launcher.

With that said.. I love you guys to death, you have my appreciation and support. Thank you for this thorough update.

1 minute ago, Rahlgrim said:

there will be a daily cringe when I boot up the launcher.

Don't worry, Equinox Prime is coming soon so she'll go on the launcher in time.

You really need to stop locking content behind reputation grinds, in this case a double grind. I did profit taker because you locked the ground archgun behind it and stopped promptly because i had no interest in grinding out toroids for more operator content. I was willing to just not get Baruuk, but now you've locked a second warframe at the highest rep point.

Could you maybe not hide new content behind these weeks long gated grinds? It's honestly not that fun.

vor 12 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

BLOCKING

Blocking with a melee weapon is no longer keybound, it is automatic when facing enemies who are dealing damage to you in melee mode. Your Reticle determines all! 

CHANNELING
Channeling is now a toggle set to your alt-fire button when in melee mode.
Your 'F' button (if using default key bindings) now exclusively swaps between Primary and Secondary weapons with a tap.
Your left mouse button is gun fire, always, instantly.
Your right mouse button is now aim, always, instantly.

Thank you for the update! Really great changes and the combat with range/melee weapons feels much more fluid now.

I noticed one problem with the automatic blocking feature. When I start to channel and enemys shoot at me I run out of energy almost instantly because I have no way to stop my blocking from being "channeled".

Because I'm playing with Exodia Valor I really love using channeled attacks but atm it's quite difficult to use them with the new blocking feature.

Any chance you could improve this behaviour?

Thanks for shuch amazing update, i know there is bugs but the important thing here is the care and love that all of the DE put in the game and community.. Warframe will be the best space ninjas farm simulator free to play in the world for ever with this people working on it... and you guys complaining about bugs, at least say something good about the update first, is sad to only heard complaining when you are trying to make the other happy... 

There are some really good updates that are really usefull. Still I dislike some features. Although changing weapons with one button and automatic defense of melee weapon may be good for beginers, and it may be  quickier and easier, I find it restricts options of gameplay for more advanced players. Its not as interesting experience as before.

If it would be possible i would welcome feature in options where players could set what kind of control they would like to have (old control or the new one). 

Well...

DE- "We have new NewMegaSuperWarframe - try it faster!!"

Me- "Yes! I want it!"

DE- "You only need max rank duck muzzle and..."

Me -"No.Just -No"

The update at first caused a lot of positive emotions - and now only indignation and anger. Apparently it's time to rest a couple of months from the warframe.

Me, playing after update:

Use melee once, never allowed to aim down sights again, or use the left trigger for anything other than "channeling".

Frame keeps trying to "channel" my rifle.

Tried switching to melee, to turn "channeling" off, nothing doing.

Want to use your codex scanner? Nah, you want to channel your codex scanner and get shot to death.

Want to open a locker, nah you want to stand there and do nothing.

This update has killed controls on the xbox controllers.

Didn't get any further than testing the "new melee", and found out i couldn't even complete the mission i was on, because it involved synth scanning, which i could't do anymore, because my frame only channels after using melee once. It makes the left trigger completely useless after melee attacking.

More grinding? Oh what an absolute joy for solo players to go through weeks of trying to catch up! Because of course everyone has friends and clan mates to pick and choose however we want!

Last time I did this all for Baruuk. That grind for standing was HORRIBLE and you make it mandatory (you know it's mandatory, you either buy the new frame or do so much work to get it, it's unreal. Video games are supposed to be fun, not a god damn chore.). This is a new low and if this is gonna be new default practice, I am re-considering what to do with this game all together. I love this game but I cannot keep doing this. It's way too much. It has never EVER been like this before. What the hell changed? 

I hate this. I absolutely hate this.

Good for you for making all this new content, it's super cool but some of us won't enjoy until muuuuuuuch later (I know this game isn't something like gimme-gimme-gimme the second something drops, trust me I know that), and by then you probably find another way to grind for standing or something else equally fun.

6 minutes ago, imtooniceforthis said:

More grinding? Oh what an absolute joy for solo players to go through weeks of trying to catch up! Because of course everyone has friends and clan mates to pick and choose however we want!

Last time I did this all for Baruuk. That grind for standing was HORRIBLE and you make it mandatory (you know it's mandatory, you either buy the new frame or do so much work to get it, it's unreal. Video games are supposed to be fun, not a god damn chore.). This is a new low and if this is gonna be new default practice, I am re-considering what to do with this game all together. I love this game but I cannot keep doing this. It's way too much. It has never EVER been like this before. What the hell changed? 

I hate this. I absolutely hate this.

Good for you for making all this new content, it's super cool but some of us won't enjoy until muuuuuuuch later (I know this game isn't something like gimme-gimme-gimme the second something drops, trust me I know that), and by then you probably find another way to grind for standing or something else equally fun.

but it fun. 

Not sure about you, Lotus, I suppose you plan to fix/tweak this in the near future, however allow me to mention it regardless. Melee with small weapons stil feels rather unresponsive. Attacking takes a tiny delay, however for some reason it is sometimes instantaneous. I'd also like to mention that the combo spots cannot be read, it is undeterminable where the combo ends/begins.

This is a major issue in my honest opinion, as it eliminates the vibrant, fluid feel of a H&S... as if we wanted Warframe to become one. 

F to switch weapon doesn't work as advertised. I can never be certain anymore if I have to press it once or twice, because If I did a melee attack 10 seconds ago without thinking about it, I will run about in 'melee-mode' in which case F will put my sword back instead of switching the weapon. Unconsciously switching between modes by aim gliding or melee attacking gets confusing really fast. You guys have to make sure at least that F to switch weapons will do exactly that, without me having to think about what I did before.

46 minutes ago, Jynxed247 said:

Me, playing after update:

Use melee once, never allowed to aim down sights again, or use the left trigger for anything other than "channeling".

Frame keeps trying to "channel" my rifle.

Tried switching to melee, to turn "channeling" off, nothing doing.

Want to use your codex scanner? Nah, you want to channel your codex scanner and get shot to death.

Want to open a locker, nah you want to stand there and do nothing.

This update has killed controls on the xbox controllers.

Didn't get any further than testing the "new melee", and found out i couldn't even complete the mission i was on, because it involved synth scanning, which i could't do anymore, because my frame only channels after using melee once. It makes the left trigger completely useless after melee attacking.

Had the same issue where LT would only channel melee, and couldnt aim with it. Go to your controller settings and reset everything to default, save. After that you have to rebind your buttons to how you like it again, worked for me.

Archived