Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Update 24.4.0

[DE]Megan

This is a great update, but I already found one issue that really limits my gameplay.

I play with a controller and, with the changes to melee, I can't aim my weapons. Instead, it always channels my melee, since both Aim Weapon and Melee Channel are bound to the same trigger, and I can't move Melee Channel onto another button other than just Fire Weapon, so this effectively makes me unable to aim or aim glide.

First of all thank you so much for everything you do.

Really, i'm just very unhappy that Exodia Contagion has been changed to "Needing to aim glide."

I really enjoyed being able to lob the fast projectile (when aim gliding) and lobbing the slower more arcing projectile (not aim gliding).

I will miss non-aim glide exodia contagion...

PLEASE reconsider having Hyldrin's BP on SHADOW tier of vox solaris. That is not a reasonable get for more casual folks, putting it on t1 or 2 might be a bit more palatable, unless theres another /better way to get the standing with the event?

4 minutes ago, LasersKilledMe said:

This is a great update, but I already found one issue that really limits my gameplay.

I play with a controller and, with the changes to melee, I can't aim my weapons. Instead, it always channels my melee, since both Aim Weapon and Melee Channel are bound to the same trigger, and I can't move Melee Channel onto another button other than just Fire Weapon, so this effectively makes me unable to aim or aim glide.

Restoring your Controller bindings to 'Default' should work around the issue for now while we investigate a solution. 

19 minutes ago, LasersKilledMe said:

yup. cannot aim guns or aim glide if playing on controller.  also status effect markers on enemies have been replaced by a box and a smiley emoticon

This is great, yes, but I've noticed a lot of issues with the new melee.  For example, guardian derision and electromagnetic shielding both no longer seem to work.  Nyx can't block anymore while using assimilate absorb.  Also, Garuda's talons do not automatically sheath after swapping back to a gun, and do so after a few seconds.  ...Also all the combo lists are no longer accurate, though all the combos seem to be possible.

50 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Plains of Eidolon Changes:

• Bounties are now available out in the Plains of Eidolon! Certain tents placed throughout the Plains contain a console that encompasses the power to contact Konzu himself (when he’s not on his early lunch). 
    • With Bounties now available out in the Plains, Incursions have been removed. These were meant to give players something optional to do as they spend their time in the Plains, but since Bounties can be activated on command, they no longer serve a purpose.  

Individual Extraction: Non-Wave Endless!
You are now able to extract from Survival, Excavation, and Defection missions independent of your squad. 

Can we get Profit taker bounties outside too? Also, where did the incursion exclusive mods go to?

Can we get a fix for the many changing host bugs since host change will happen a lot more often and without notice now?

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Hildryn can be obtained via the Market, Little Duck Offering (Main BP), and as drops from a new Boss fight.

17 minutes ago, Umgak said:

Just let us buy frames from the market, add some other way to get the components, don't stick EVERYTHING behind Little Duck. It's getting old.

19 minutes ago, Banansa47 said:

Also on a minor note here the game launcher is bugged since it keeps looping the same download over and over again

is anyone else have this bug? the download was supposed to update the news screen before the main update but now it loops over and over again

Aiming on the controller is now broken.  I am still able to aim with the keyboard but nothing occurs when I click the button on the controller.  I even checked to make sure it was not unbound, but unfortunately it still says aim weapon.  

1 minute ago, demotech said:

Aiming on the controller is now broken.  I am still able to aim with the keyboard but nothing occurs when I click the button on the controller.  I even checked to make sure it was not unbound, but unfortunately it still says aim weapon.  

We're investigating this! Does changing your Controller bindings to 'Default' help?

42 minutes ago, itsrewindtime said:

Does the Larkspur require the Archweapon Deployer? Would be a pretty dumb move to include something that can't be used by a lot of people in an expensive bundle like that, just saying...

First and foremost it is an archgun so you can use it in Archwing missions. Archgun Deployer is a bonus you earn.

31 minutes ago, LasersKilledMe said:

Yes! As a controller user (Xbox Elite on PC), I discovered the same thing. Well, the reverse: I couldn't fire my weapons, because Melee Channel was mapped to my right trigger (so the aimglide button didn't switch when I was in different modes). 

Essence of the problem: With the current controller config options, Melee Channel can only be mapped to fire weapon, aim weapon, or quick melee. Since melee is (programmatically, I guess?) always active now, Melee Channel takes precedence over any other action mapped. So you have to choose "unable to aim," "unable to shoot," or "unable to melee." I think it needs to be decoupled from specific buttons (or, even allowed to be left unmapped). 

I have not reset my controls to default becuase it takes forever to reconfigure them and I really don't wanna...

Forgot to say, thanks for looking into it. Excited about the changes!

"Fixed the Cyngas becoming an auto-burst weapon in Atmosphere Archgun mode." Can't we keep it auto-burst? Better yet, give us a "Auto fire while holding" option on gameplay! Can't really use Dual Toxocyst or the Akbolto weapons comfortably as it is 😕

"Fixed MOA Companions with the Security Override Mod no longer hacking terminals in Spy missions." Good, my moa was wonky while doing Razorback, hopefully this fixes that too!

"Fixed issue with Clients not being able to accept the vote for Orb Heist Bounty in Fortuna." good.

"Fixes towards Rescue Targets moving while downed." Good, hope it fixes defenses like Sorties and Arbitrations too, if it wasn't fixed already.

Archived