Jump to content
[DE]Danielle

Melee Revisit: Phase 1 Feedback Megathread

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, (NSW)Smashbrolink said:

I agree with most of your points, but for the love of Lotus, don't place blame on console players for the "dumbing down" they've done here.

Console players are suffering from the broken aspects of new-melee, too, after all!

Do you think we LIKE having manual block and melee-gliding disappear?

Do you think we appreciate having melee channel being FORCEFULLY BOUND to alt fire?

Hell no!

These and other changes are BAD for players on console, just as they're bad for players on PC.

We're all in this together, for both the good and the bad.

Please don't place blame on console players for the mistakes the devs make.

It isn't fair or right.

Melee channel can be binded to another button. As well as to something other than secondary fire. It took a couple tries, but it’s do able.

Edit: for clarification, I too am not a fan of the current state of this melee update.

Edited by (PS4)Visegrip117

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

I'd just like to counter all the negativity by saying I absolutely love the melee rework. I've actually started using melee weapons a lot more in actual combat since the release, whereas previously they were little more than can openers to me. Whatever issues it might have, the fundamental idea of getting rid of the dedicated weapon switch key and switching instantly with fire/melee buttons is fantastic and should stay no matter what. If anything, I'd love to see it extended to secondary weapons as well.

fozzie bear facepalm GIF you can't counter anything, it is simply automatic, not being done by you. I would like to point out the numerous issues that have been brought up by multiple players with melee as it is, and your feedback isn't even adding a solution or anything at all, but appreciate trying to bring balance to the forums even though all balance is lost in the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilviaS12 said:

you can't counter anything, it is simply automatic, not being done by you.

Yes, which is what makes it wonderful. Seriously, you said that as if that made it immediately obvious how much worse the current system is. It clearly never occurred to you that there might be people who love it for exactly the same reason why you hate it.

2 minutes ago, SilviaS12 said:

I would like to point out the numerous issues that have been brought up by multiple players with melee as it is

All of which boil down to "I was used to the old system and I dislike having to learn the new".

2 minutes ago, SilviaS12 said:

your feedback isn't even adding a solution or anything at all, but appreciate trying to bring balance to the forums even though all balance is lost in the game.

That's because there's nothing to solve, the only potential problem on the horizon is the possibility of a vocal minority swaying DE from going through with the melee rework. Hence my comment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SordidDreams said:

Yes, which is what makes it wonderful. Seriously, you said that as if that made it immediately obvious how much worse the current system is. It clearly never occurred to you that there might be people who love it for exactly the same reason why you hate it.

it is you who should realize this, no one is explicitly saying how the ranged players are negative or this or that. @DeltaPangaea pointed out some of these very comments, they are aimed soley at the issues at hand, not at any group of people in particular which you are cleverly doing right now.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

All of which boil down to "I was used to the old system and I dislike having to learn the new".

Not true, many have came to suggestions that would ultimately keep the new system in place but still allow melee biased players to still select melee weapons as main and have the ability to use ranged on the fly while in a mission. again you simply label an entire group, not cool.

Just now, SordidDreams said:

That's because there's nothing to solve, the only potential problem on the horizon is the possibility of a vocal minority swaying DE from going through with the melee rework. Hence my comment.

if there was nothing to solve it should not have been touched in the first place. again you label people or a group as a minority, all you are doing is simply labeling a group. again, not cool. whether it be your race, sexuality, gender or down to your meager preference of a gameplay, not cool. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilviaS12 said:

it is you who should realize this, no one is explicitly saying how the ranged players are negative or this or that. @DeltaPangaea pointed out some of these very comments, they are aimed soley at the issues at hand, not at any group of people in particular which you are cleverly doing right now.

Not true, many have came to suggestions that would ultimately keep the new system in place but still allow melee biased players to still select melee weapons as main and have the ability to use ranged on the fly while in a mission. again you simply label an entire group, not cool.

if there was nothing to solve it should not have been touched in the first place. again you label people or a group as a minority, all you are doing is simply labeling a group. again, not cool. whether it be your race, sexuality, gender or down to your meager preference of a gameplay, not cool. 

Right, I'm racist against melee players. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

((playing on ps4))

There are a lot of holstering bugs right now dear Team!

Every 5min when I draw my melee It equips none weapon!

Sometimes aiming with hands up on a gun thats on my back or also with melee..

pls fix

 

yeah melee feels smoother with GREAT animations now. Good Job! but its not worth the things are going wrong at the moment..

especially for pc players

please bring the next update fast with solutions for this probs

greetings

Edited by (PS4)front_pig_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SordidDreams said:

Right, I'm racist against melee players. 🙄

you also make claims that you simply can't prove, how do you quantify a player base as a minority? how do you even come to that measurement? yes you are prejudice. you openly admit to your agenda, certainly not sarcastic given your statements prior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

I'd just like to counter all the negativity by saying I absolutely love the melee rework. I've actually started using melee weapons a lot more in actual combat since the release, whereas previously they were little more than can openers to me. Whatever issues it might have, the fundamental idea of getting rid of the dedicated weapon switch key and switching instantly with fire/melee buttons is fantastic and should stay no matter what. If anything, I'd love to see it extended to secondary weapons as well.

43 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Yes, which is what makes it wonderful. Seriously, you said that as if that made it immediately obvious how much worse the current system is. It clearly never occurred to you that there might be people who love it for exactly the same reason why you hate it.

All of which boil down to "I was used to the old system and I dislike having to learn the new".

That's because there's nothing to solve, the only potential problem on the horizon is the possibility of a vocal minority swaying DE from going through with the melee rework. Hence my comment.

There is more than plenty that needs to be fixed. Constructive criticism is a natural part of feedback. DE is a great company; and they've had very good relations and responses to us in the past; and they quite deservedly have developed a reputation for caring about the players. But after a full week of slogging through this "improved" mire of forcibly-merged combat modes, I have developed very serious doubts that they are listening to any of the concerns raised by players. Add the fact they implemented it without choice or alternative; and it's an alarming suggestion that they just care about our currencies and not our fun. I've come to genuinely love this whole little dorky family of developers and producers; and it would sincerely break my heart if DE is going to devolve into another "AAA" business like Bethesda that takes the money and runs. This genuinely fun space opera should not be mutated and neutered into a Fallout: 76 of sci-fi games.

Everything worked just fine before. Weapon toggling made sense and let us choose and very our tactics. I frankly found, and still find, it far less seizure-inducing, not to mention profoundly satisfying, to have separately-wielded weapon slots. It felt natural to use my guns in a different context then I used a sword the side of a surfboard; a sword that is now only able to be passively wielded. I still can't fathom why weapon-swapping was not just made faster altogether; instead of gutting melee out of the game altogether; since the new "mechanics" reduce it to set dressing that isn't really controllable anymore. Phase One has so far only diminished the fun in both ranged and close combat. I preferred them separately.

A big part of the fun in a video game is the "illusory cliff" effect; successfully selling the impression of physical contact with objects, so that the players' brains link the collision detection with us genuinely touching the thing we see, even though we know it isn't really there. Having a weapon my in-game Warframes actually HELD in melee was a vital part of that satisfying illusion of impact with the flesh and bone of enemies, and I liked seeing my Warframes actually draw their weapons. It looked cool, professional, and classically "warrior".

Now, we have a passively flailed around mess that has no illusion of contact whatsoever, and I found no fun in using; I've given it a week and it's just plain bad. Before I felt like Knight Artorias, the Abyss Watchers, or Slave Knight Gael. I felt like a genuinely nimble and badass greatsword/dagger/staff/polearm/nun-chuck/claw/hammer/etc.-wielding nightmare out of a Grineer's worst nightmares. That was the best feeling in the world, and what sold me on Warframe in the first place. After playing the whole Dark Souls franchise, it was virtually orgasmic to have a game that offered melee combat that made me feel like one of the bosses. Melee used to have the elegance of the aesthetic language we see in Tenno/Orokin tech. I felt like an actual ninja, or a berserker, or any other warrior of your choice; and it was very nice that Warframe (once) gave a choice to the players over whether we played it as purely shooter (not fun), or as a wild hack-and-slash that (used to) have a responsive block. All of this in the past now, stomped into the dirt without option or alternative; the same way that Exploiter Orb trampled the spirit of a rebellion, and all the people in Deck 12. I don't feel like a Tenno whatsoever anymore.

Now, what I do (unfortunately) feel like, is one of the unimaginative, 50-foot-wide, clunky-armored, tiny-headed, watermelon-pauldroned, brick-shaped Space Marines of Warhammer 40,000; those hideous meat slabs with their equally ugly square chainsaw cutlasses. I despise the unimaginative nihilism of that entire setting, and I especially despise the whole revolting, rectangular cathedral aesthetic of the "Imperium of Man". We're Tenno, we FIGHT empires. Sorry to the players who are Astartes-boos, but settings have to have some hope and at least one faction of definite good guys to actually be fun to anyone besides those who have already given up on imagination and life. Warframe should feel like Warframe, NOT 40k; and quite definitely NOT like Devil May Cry. We're space ninja, not canned SPAM blobs with armor that doesn't let them lift their arms above a 90 degree angle; and not edgy vampire dudes with guns we hold incorrectly.

Fusing and jamming together game modes is the opposite of improving combat; or making player experience more fun. It has limited player options. It removes what I enjoyed about Warframe in the first place and convinced me to stay after making an account in 2014; and it's frankly giving the impression that DE's stopped listening altogether. This game used to be something unique and creative in both game-play and world-building. Now are being clumsily shoved through a HALO-shaped hole; and the devs haven't even bothered to respond to any critique of the system. Everyone in the community needs to quit being afraid to voice their criticisms to DE; instead of telling, effectively, dissenting players to shut up and enjoy what isn't enjoyable for users who were mainly melee, and I speak as one of those players. Go call the pigeons outside your window a "vocal minority" if you're going to be the kind of person who does that.

Limiting player option is never good, and especially not this way. For the love of God, DE; make some indication you even care about a sizable group's concerns. Any staff member, just respond. It could be Sheldon in the middle of mixing god knows what noises into new monster sounds in the Foley department, Steve himself eating a bagel on the couch, or Danielle doing mo-cap. But give people a sign. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be at all possible to revert the change to the redeemer's metallic and matte areas as it links them making it so when im tring to make the metal gold i get an ugly yellow color and itruins the look completely for me to the point where I hate using it and it is my favourite weapon (or at least an option to revert the change in game)

  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Maxim_M_Payne said:

Limiting player option is never good, and especially not this way. For the love of God, DE; make some indication you even care about a sizable group's concerns. Any staff member, just respond. It could be Sheldon in the middle of mixing god knows what noises into new monster sounds in the Foley department, Steve himself eating a bagel on the couch, or Danielle doing mo-cap. But give people a sign. 

I can tell they're listening.  But I feel they're also being extremely stubborn determined about wanting to keep this...  gem...  in the game.  Because it has been undocumented added (shame on you DE for adding more things to the game without pointers to where it's been referenced)  that when I click RMB to stop quick melee I'm going back to either my non-combat item:  scanner, fishing spear or mining laser.  Or the last weapon used prior to CQC attacks.  F is swapping out to weapons (but it's not swapping back to the same weapon used.  I'm getting the secondary instead of the primary which I was using instead).  As a bow main, I find this annoying.  

However let me point out that RMB is also causing auto-zoom/focus when swapping in and out of quick melee.  While this might work with a weapon that I have negative zoom on (like my Kitgun), this is causing me vertigo and dizziness swapping back and forth between the melee weapons and whatever I previously had in my hands.  Something as a Flight-Simmer since 1993 have never experienced while doing space nor air-to-air simulations. 

It raises the question:  Have you not learned your lessons from the debacle that was Archwing improvements years ago?  

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Maxim_M_Payne said:

it's an alarming suggestion that they just care about our currencies and not our fun.

Almost like they're a for-profit business, you mean?

As for the rest of your post, like I said, it boils down to "it's not what I'm used to".

On an unrelated note, I've finally realized what Melee 2.9 reminds me of. Kingdoms of Amalur, a criminally underrated game that also features this kind of instant weapon switching in one of the best action combat systems I've ever seen. And also Dragon's Dogma, ditto. The sooner we move from this transitory period into what I believe to be the inevitable logical conclusion, i.e. all three weapons with their own dedicated 'fire' buttons and instant switching, the better.

Edited by SordidDreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a good hour or two, and will be going through it some more tonight, with this iteration of combining melee with gunplay now that it’s in consoles. For the most part, it didn’t change how I usually play melee but the discrepancies are there that I’ve discussed in several topics (along with a majority of players that are purely melee). I have yet to test out “full melee-only” without equipping primary/secondary firearms, and quite frankly I probably never will since that’s pretty atrocious to think of in order to access the options we’ve lost in the update. I will test [Simaris] Scanner, Drills, and Fishing Lance along with melee to see if they are working as they did before.

But just to reiterate, combat is more streamlined and flowy as the premise for all of our feedback. Sure. However it’s still obvious that gunplay is taking more precedence than melee with this combination, since both the “Fire Weapon” and “Aim Weapon” will draw your gun and “Melee Attack” will draw your melee weapon. That’s already two button keys over one when comparing gunplay to melee. I’ve made the recommendation several times over the month that if we’re going to make melee and gunplay equal, “Fire Weapon” and “Melee Attack” should be those options, but “Aim Weapon” should be a universal functionality that ties both ADS and Manual Block within the same key. If we’re going to have both ADS and Block on the same key, make manual block have its own respective, comfortable scope to ADS (close to hipfiring). This will solve the loss melee blocking and will remove autoblocking, and will give players more control to block on command when they want how they want if they choose to melee or want to switch to guns on the fly. Quite honestly, blocking as a means of idle-frontal-DR automation is unhealthy, and as players we should really retain this concept of blocking on command as an integral part of the melee experience. Automated block when I was testing was also disruptive when I was doing charged attacks in-mission, so yes it direly needs to be addressed.

Of course, I’ve also advocated for speeding up holster animations as well since this has been a widely critical concept for years. This has been a subject of contention within each patch cycle this game has gone through, and I personally feel this is what Melee 2.9 going into 3.0 should have.

But why stop there? Melee swing animations should be accounted for as well, and since we’re arguing about stances the animation swings should be looked over. As much as I want Quick Melee to come back, I’m feeling doubtful that it will. However, that’s not to say that we should toss away the melee animations with Quick Melee. What was prominently used for quick melee for a majority of weapons, such as stanceless dual daggers, Shimmering Blight polearms, Blade&Whip, Sword&Board, etc. is what some players in the community enjoyed using. I feel that DE should open a review over the stances, not only for what could be the commonly used combos as your basic button/E mash combo upon their scrutiny but as a community-wide poll from DE to the playerbase on what Quick Melee combo should be the button mash/E-mash combo. This will provide clarity and fair response on how we want to have to melee governed, and it will also shed some light on some weapons that have slow swings to get their frames sped up ever so slightly to be more responsive for player utilization.

What I won’t comment on is channeling, since I feel that we’re still unaware as to how DE wants to address channeling as a mechanic. It felt uncomfortable to have channeling tied with alt-fire since some guns need that alt-fire mechanic to be responsive for gunplay (Euphona Prime, Phantasma, Zarr, Stradavar, Tiberin Prime, Zenith, to name a few). Witnessing the instance that you’re toggling on channeling since you have your melee drawn in a system that’s supposed to merge both gunplay and melee when you need that alt-fire from your gun felt unwelcoming imho. Both functions need to be separated and not tied to the same key.

I would also like to address console-gaming with regards to key-binding. On consoles we were extremely comfortable for many years on the Melee 2.0 system. There is no denying this matter-of-fact. The excuse that Melee 2.9 and its faults should not be tied to “streamling the gaming experience for console players that use controllers” is a false claim. I think as gamers on all platforms of Warframe are better than this, and quite honestly we can still progress and find solutions into future development(s) into Melee 3.0 about the issues with keybinding. DE just needs to absorb our feedback and pay close attention on what should be done with this new system and make its transition smoother for the form factor and player experience for Warframe gamers in its entirety. Just give us options, DE, instead of centralizing certain actions into certain facets that would inevitably close off avenues for flexibility.

To conclude, yes, I’m aware that this is only Phase 1 of Melee 2.9 going into Melee 3.0. I’m sure my criticism is clear cut and somewhat reflective of most of the criticism that is detailed in this topic as well as other topics addressing core concerns of the changes that were made. But again it’s Phase 1, and I’m hoping that we can transgress sooner than later on what we should do as developers, community members, and players on what should be done and how some things should be implemented.

My apologies for being vague or not summarizing with a tl;dr. Everything I’ve noted felt like a stream of consciousness, but I’m going to keep playing and keep testing these new changes on PS4. I’m not 100% satisified, but it’s not enough for me to quit. It would be in the best interest for DE to be more transparent about Melee 2.9 and 3.0 in their devstreams than showcasing what new content they plan to show off, be it fashion/level design, lighting, etc. We need more than ever DE’s response on what they’re planning in merging gunplay and melee into a single instance than aesthetics and tomfoolery on their streams. 

  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think codex/synthesis scanners should count as "firearms", as in aiming/firing with a melee weapon out brings up the scanner instead of alerting everyone by firing your gun. Hasn't even been a day and I'm already tired of unloading magazines into Threshcones. 

I also second everyone who wants quickmelee back. I think that having Sprint+Melee trigger quickmelee attacks could really work out as a easy, understandable solution. Using polearms feels like trying to have a fight while neck-deep in a tar-pit right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

As for the rest of your post, like I said, it boils down to "it's not what I'm used to".

It boils down to "It's not fun to use, I've been using it for more than fourteen days and it doesn't feel any less unsatisfying and rushed than when they first changed it, and I would strongly prefer to hold my own melee weapons for real in my own friggin' hands again". It boils down to "I was fine and dandy aiming my guns separately, without my sniping getting interrupted by the automatic block that triggers from ONE osprey's plasma bolt, from a mile away, mid-scope."

Don't put words in my mouth. Don't assume that everyone hated old melee, or wants the familiar control scheme they used for more than five years permanently removed in favor of this twitching, teleporting-into-your-hands-magically Soul Calibur light-show mess. 

This isn't players like me whining just because the changed melee is new; it's a series of legitimate complaints borne of irritation at the removal of our personal choice in how we play the game. It's personal distaste for a clunky, unsatisfying, and visibly rushed fusion of controls. It's sadness at the removal of the purely-melee mode that gave me a feeling of martial power and made melee-oriented frames like Valkyr actually fun to use. It is outright rage that, ever since Buried Debts, the graphics flicker and give me epilepsy EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I hit a foe with Exalted Blade, Hysteria, or even, sometimes, a non-exalted melee weapon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though the new particles are beautifully made, the new lighting effects are too intense.

Suddenly every enemy under a status effect has an overly visible color coating their usual texture, there's lasers and flashes everywhere (I only know that from asia games) and permanent blazingly bright effects on the melees, too. Already tuned them down a lot in the menu, because the lighting and the effects accumulate to a stroboscope rainbow party if one is doing a fissure and multiple enemies crowd the screen. We were in a group of two and both used our abilities like we normally do. It was simply too much. I really preferred the less flashy version. And.. Call me stupid, it looked more mature and immersive.
In a different thread I also mentioned, that different stat-mods on one and the same melee weapon now only have 1 energy/effect color, instead of displaying them seperately.

All in all, both in melee and new effects, I wholeheartedly agree with @Maxim_M_Payne

Btw: Is it only me or are all the infested suddenly bleeding turquioise greenish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like some of this melee changes. Use Excalibur exalted blade and weapons without turning off ability. Instantly melee or fire weapon. Very good.

But I can see some changes that are not so good.

1. Melee disables manual weapon reload. Now I have to aim or fire to start reloading. All because melee attacks now stays as melee weapon. This is not so good for some weapons with very slow reload, and riven mod that slow down reload. After melee attack, the "Reload" button or game controller's "context action" won't switch back to weapon to reload.

2. Melee while holding Archgun, can't do that anymore? Topic: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1068372-melee-29-and-archguns/

3. Bugs. Here is one bug: Archgun, lose health to zero, revive by others, stuck on secondary or unarmed. https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1073062-stuck-in-unarmed-from-archgun-lose-health-to-zero-revive-by-others/

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Almost like they're a for-profit business, you mean?

As for the rest of your post, like I said, it boils down to "it's not what I'm used to".

On an unrelated note, I've finally realized what Melee 2.9 reminds me of. Kingdoms of Amalur, a criminally underrated game that also features this kind of instant weapon switching in one of the best action combat systems I've ever seen. And also Dragon's Dogma, ditto. The sooner we move from this transitory period into what I believe to be the inevitable logical conclusion, i.e. all three weapons with their own dedicated 'fire' buttons and instant switching, the better.

take your unrelated notes to the off topic section where it belongs. I am assuming you are stating the obvious that they are a profit business and that is fine, but when a profit business is not catering to their clients/customers/patrons, they lose business and they lose profit/potential profit, do you please the larger portion? do you please the smaller portion? why not please them both as best as possible? or are you going to respond like a cynical and say "you can't please everyone" thats not the goal, the goal is to try and cater to as much as possible, and if it is possible to cater to as much as, why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm just an odd duck, but I've been liking the changes of 2.9 so far on Switch.

Overall for me, it has done exactly what it supposedly set out to do, I've actually been using my full melee combos about 70% more often than before rather than just mashing the quick melee mindlessly. I almost never blocked either as it was often better to approach for me using a gun and then chip off the last bits with a quick melee. Now I can move from target to target with different parts of my attacks while whipping out my gun if something needs shooting. The new dive attack is also a grand improvement over the straight drop it used to be, but I feel like the shockwave from landing is not working as intended on Switch atm as unless I land dead on most of the time I do about 3 damage to enemies less than a meter from me, but for mobility the dive is still amazing.

Overall I would hazard a guess that most of the issues come from the stances not being built for the system (yet) rather than the system being bad overall, it has room for improvement and isn't fully complete as of now, but from what I've experienced it feels so much more fluid than just waddling around mashing quick attack and waiting for my weapon to get sheathed before I could fire again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silescere said:

Even though the new particles are beautifully made, the new lighting effects are too intense.

Suddenly every enemy under a status effect has an overly visible color coating their usual texture, there's lasers and flashes everywhere (I only know that from asia games) and permanent blazingly bright effects on the melees, too. Already tuned them down a lot in the menu, because the lighting and the effects accumulate to a stroboscope rainbow party if one is doing a fissure and multiple enemies crowd the screen. We were in a group of two and both used our abilities like we normally do. It was simply too much. I really preferred the less flashy version. And.. Call me stupid, it looked more mature and immersive.
In a different thread I also mentioned, that different stat-mods on one and the same melee weapon now only have 1 energy/effect color, instead of displaying them seperately.

All in all, both in melee and new effects, I wholeheartedly agree with @Maxim_M_Payne

Btw: Is it only me or are all the infested suddenly bleeding turquioise greenish?

This is actually a very crucial or serious issue, I saw a thread by a foreign player making a request in his native language and also English presumably translated by some translator like google, pleading about these same effects due to his condition. He stated it was alright before but now it seems to be triggering seizures for him. I reported it with a request that even that be addressed to the devs for others like him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aldain said:

Maybe I'm just an odd duck, but I've been liking the changes of 2.9 so far on Switch.

Overall for me, it has done exactly what it supposedly set out to do, I've actually been using my full melee combos about 70% more often than before rather than just mashing the quick melee mindlessly. I almost never blocked either as it was often better to approach for me using a gun and then chip off the last bits with a quick melee. Now I can move from target to target with different parts of my attacks while whipping out my gun if something needs shooting. The new dive attack is also a grand improvement over the straight drop it used to be, but I feel like the shockwave from landing is not working as intended on Switch atm as unless I land dead on most of the time I do about 3 damage to enemies less than a meter from me, but for mobility the dive is still amazing.

Overall I would hazard a guess that most of the issues come from the stances not being built for the system (yet) rather than the system being bad overall, it has room for improvement and isn't fully complete as of now, but from what I've experienced it feels so much more fluid than just waddling around mashing quick attack and waiting for my weapon to get sheathed before I could fire again. 

well clearly the new control scheme is geared towards console and ignores pc players specifically mouse and keyboard players. As suggested before, we need options, leave the new system as it is but add toggles for certain legacy functions so all platforms and all player styles can meet somewhere in the middle, then they can work on their cross platform gaming if not already. This hate with "you shut your mouth" kind of attitude needs to stop, we can all come to an agreement. I can see clearly how it would benefit you on your console. however it is very hindering for players like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Forwarded message,

Before I B^##@ I want the say thank you for all of your hard HARD work. This Game was the missing key, that something that I did NOT know I was missing. I would need to tell you all in words to show how I really feel about this game. They take our money and make real things, real results for all of us. I truly thank you for all of that you all are doing. My issue is as with meany of us is the melee sys. In game you'll always have less killz when you melee but the feel and movements are vary satisfying. I personally go in with melee mainly most  times, though side arms are there. I feel like this update is suited toward gun play people more so in its design. I hate it personally but meany of my Gen. and X Gen say they love it. I know for a fact they where all BIG GUN THIS and HIGH Critical that in play style. If they used a weapon it was only the biggest and baddest ones. I have love for the form in which you use any weapon and its great with noobs when running low to med high level to get that fight all over again. The magic in this game I thinks is in a real way the Melee as you can become that warrior at any time. This new sys has taking that feel, that magic and pushed it to more gun play *in my opinion. To be fair to all those loving this new style  and to those like my self whom have built or in business terms invested with your  beautiful team, I would say make an Option so this could be a play style option.  I thank you all again but I am concerned I dont want to just go in with a blade to do my normal melee play as I  might need a gun. Take another look at this please and keep making magic for these people going strong. 

 

Sincerely,

KAP

 

 

Edited by (XB1)LV1NarcoticWOLF
edit detailed info. removed
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SilviaS12 said:

This is actually a very crucial or serious issue, I saw a thread by a foreign player making a request in his native language and also English presumably translated by some translator like google, pleading about these same effects due to his condition. He stated it was alright before but now it seems to be triggering seizures for him. I reported it with a request that even that be addressed to the devs for others like him.

I hope it will get adressed. I know a few guys with that condition and well, I often have migraine attacks (won the genetic jackpot there lol) and am very light sensitive then.
So I somewhat get it. Though I am responsible for my choice to not switch off the effects completely, because I still want the game to look good. That one's totally on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silescere said:

I hope it will get adressed. I know a few guys with that condition and well, I often have migraine attacks (won the genetic jackpot there lol) and am very light sensitive then.
So I somewhat get it. Though I am responsible for my choice to not switch off the effects completely, because I still want the game to look good. That one's totally on me.

I did suggest to the mod when making the report at least let players know if they can change graphic settings to tone down certain effects that cause this (may require research with a specialist to review certain effects) but it may be something needed for a bulletin or announcement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilviaS12 said:

I did suggest to the mod when making the report at least let players know if they can change graphic settings to tone down certain effects that cause this (may require research with a specialist to review certain effects) but it may be something needed for a bulletin or announcement

Uhm, it is no witchcraft to check your graphic settings ingame. You literally just need to read. 😄 I don't think the Devs are required to tell you, that you need to check your game options to customize your game experience. It would be like telling people, that freshly brewed coffee-to-go is ho...oh wait...
But just in case anyone wants to know: Effects intensity & Weapon Particle FX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silescere said:

Uhm, it is no witchcraft to check your graphic settings ingame. You literally just need to read. 😄 I don't think the Devs are required to tell you, that you need to check your game options to customize your game experience. It would be like telling people, that freshly brewed coffee-to-go is ho...oh wait...
But just in case anyone wants to know: Effects intensity & Weapon Particle FX.

have to remember some players are young too. Can't assume everyone will know from a business standpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...