[DE]Danielle

Melee Revisit: Phase 1 Feedback Megathread

My only complaint so far is that my weapon's elemental fx show up even when I have the option turned off. It's literally ruining endgame. For example I just bought Frost's deluxe skin bundle for the Frysta skin. I wanted it for my Mire, because the frost on it matches the glass on my Gara, so it kinda looks like a glass covered sword and that's kick ass. After the update it now looks like a staticky orange glowstick and it's really killing my vibe, please fix, pleeeeease.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)saniglenn said:

Holding a button to block when you wish to reduce damage, and not holding that button when you wish to take damage adds depth.
The players that demanded auto-block are primarily GUN players, they don't spend as much time with their melee weapons out as melee players do.

Ultimately, it is a tremendous detail that does matter, it has stopped many people from playing altogether.

2 hours ago, Walkampf said:

Just switch to your gun if you want to take damage.

This whole autoblocking-Gate is nothing but some princesses sleeping on peas.

So manual block was an entitlement? That sounds pretty ridiculous @Walkampf.

Blocking on command allowed for neutral/reduced ADS when aimgliding with melee out. Now, if you’re using a sniper or a secondary with increased zoom, your situational awareness is reduced whenever you aimglide. Some players may have visual discomfort with matters of ADS and having to constantly do it in the heat of battle where parkour is concerned.

Blocking on command allowed mods like Guardian Derision and Electromagnetic Shielding to work on demand, now it’s just a matter of enemies triggering it and whether the melee system picks up if you’re in the appropriate angle to perform auto-block.

Not only that, auto-block has the tendency to animation-cancel certain elements of dps, like charged attacks or gunblade charged shots. It’s a disruptive mechanic that can halt the flow of combat, especially for tanky frames that can take damage in the heat of battle but want to use certain attacks like Sancti Magistar’s charged strike, Zenistar’s disc-throw, Wolf Sledge hammer throw, Glaive-throwing, etc.

I wouldn’t appropriate the exaggeration that the  feedback for losing manual block for auto-block as “some princesses sleeping on peas,” but people that primarily used melee lost a functionality that they felt was integral for their style of play that may not be what some would use. There should be some sentimentality for that loss instead of unwarranted backlash that “it was useless, forget about it, adjust and adapt to this new system because no one used it.” Apparently, some players did use it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Lei-Lei_23:

Blocking on command allowed mods like Guardian Derision and Electromagnetic Shielding to work on demand, now it’s just a matter of enemies triggering it and whether the melee system picks up if you’re in the appropriate angle to perform auto-block.

Those mods were an oversight, because they are so rarly used. DE simply forgot they existed, just like 99% of the players. I'd really like to see the statistic on how often they are used.

I'm especially interested in seeing how many people who throw them in for the sake of an argument and drama have actually used them frequently before.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Lei-Lei_23:

So manual block was an entitlement? That sounds pretty ridiculous

And where did that come from? And entitlement?

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Walkampf:

Holding a single button neither overcomplicates something nor does it a depth do gameplay.

It's a small detail that doesn't matter.

• Upvote 1

Mixed feelings about autoblock. Not happy about how much control it takes away from me. Like others said, Electromagnetic Shielding and Guardian Derision are... let's say Impractical now. Glaive and gunblade charged attacks, as well as Blind Justice's multiattack combo which starts with a charged attack were broken. They would get interrupted all the time but seems to only autoblock attacks with knockdown now, and only when I'm not status immune anyway, so super happy about that one!

If you don't have a secondary, pick up a datamass or something, you drop it if you right click. If you do that with a half-empty thermia canister, it disappears. (This last part might be fixed. Haven't tested recently but I lost a few bonuses to it last week)

Enabling LMB melee works fine (IE, like it used to) if you don't equip a primary or secondary.  Otherwise it becomes contextual and difficult if your timing is off. And even if you don't bring guns, equipping a scanner makes RMB re-equip the scanner for the rest of the mission. LMB melee is just straight up better because you don't have to take a finger off the WASD keys to hit something. I'd really like this to work properly.

I'm all for effectively allowing combos with quick melee but for goodness' sake let us lock into melee mode like before. It would solve all the breakages we're dealing with now. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, I do not feel like automatic blocking is the way to go with regards to Melee 3.0. It causes far too many issues. Running along with Volt and get shot as you pass by? Block, stop. In the middle of a melee combo? Block, stop. Don't have a secondary equipped, and go to aimglide whilst holding a Thermia Canister? Switch to primary, drop canister, canister explodes. Datamass drops into an impossible hole.

Automatic blocking combined with the lack of proper melee aimglide has caused too many issues, and locking it to a melee-only playstyle only creates its own issues.

I'm probably not the only person who was looking forward to 'distance-closing attacks' when attacking out of block in Melee 3.0, or shorter rolls. Perfect blocks being a consequence of switching to your melee proper makes more sense than auto blocking in general whilst still having the damage reduction style.

If nothing else, I feel like you should make a menu option that switches from auto blocking to normal blocking, with the consequence being that you have to left click once to switch to gun before you can aim or shoot - or just make aiming gun-only and still make left click shoot. I dunno, but I certainly feel like you've streamlined this a bit too hard.

Edited by Ardhanarishvara
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

I'm sorry..But,the melee update sucks...It feels like style over substance.  It is flashy but very pointless and gets in the way. 

One big thing is valk jumps out of her 4 stance  for some odd reason and still gets drained.

I also, do not like having to hit stick to use channeling..It basically means the left trigger is only for aiming and nothing else..In fact,that might be the problem is It seems more design to favor gun play and quick gun pullouts and not for melee. Which is counter productive for people who wanna play melee frames or just swing a weapon that If they misclick boom,you are force down aimming a barrel of the gun til you tap b again..Which,makes It dumber cause you can do the pest punch,where you quickly poke someone in melee range  and get back to firing a gun. I use that a lot during animal hunting and resourcing so,I don't have to be bugged swaping out to weapons. 

Really, everything just feels really wonky.

Honestly,I think some of this could be fix by just letting people use the old control set up..Cause I HATE! being in the middle of a sweet melee party and randomly pulling out my gun. I'm not saying revert everything,but I am saying let us set up controller set up for It so,It all freaking weird..like Valkyr going out of stance and firing a gun while losing mana cause she don't know whats going on.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

I shouldn't have to switch to my gun to take damage, I should simply be able to choose not to block with my melee weapon.
That level of control was taken from me, and now the game is unplayable because of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

You are making a toggle to preserve part of the system? Why not make a toggle for the whole system? Make it completely optional. It felt better the way it was. And as someone who hates most of the weapon stances in-game, I really need my quick-melee back.

Edited to add that I don't like the way that channeling works now either. Really this update is kind of ruining melee for me. Please revert these changes or make them optional.

Edited by General_Meow
  • Like 4

On 2019-03-21 at 3:45 PM, BlindStalker said:

Is this a bug or is it intended ?

That eternal question with Warframe updates. Especially large ones where they're changing core systems of the game.

I wanted to like this update. The switch is (mostly) seamless, I like most of the new effects, and it implemented well with no big chugging or issues switching from a swing to aiming your gun. Unfortunately, it also pretty much confirmed my worst fears about the melee revisit. These changes only work in the scenario in which we assume that every single player of the game who ever had to use the Quick Melee was SAD about it. That it was a disappointing reality that they weren't forced to use the full complement of Stance attacks with all of their weird mid-combo stops and delays. That in their hearts, what they really wished was that they didn't have to use that miserable Quick Melee AT ALL, ever again. When you think of it that way, that's a PRETTY BIG ASSUMPTION TO MAKE.

It feels like you guys just don't THINK of these things; of how different players are always going to have different preferred playstyles, often in ways you didn't expect. For instance, I always turn off "Align Attacks to Camera" and turn off "Melee Auto Targeting", as well as "Enable Controller Aim Assist". All off. The reason is because, especially with aim assist, that they disrupt my combat by locking me into a do-si-do with a different enemy than the one I was targeting. Aiming for headshots is nigh-impossible when multiple enemies are heading towards me and I'm trying to pop the head of a particular target, but my target reticle is getting jerked violently in one direction or another. So I turned it off and never looked back. One of the main goals of your game should be to allow for as many different playstyles as possible without constantly removing one style to make room for another! Actually, it may be what I love most about Warframe: the way that the game gives you choice. It probably wasn't easy to, for instance, have the option to switch between the classic and updated Archwing controls, even allowing for that option being chosen differently for each person in a squad, but you did it, and I greatly appreciate it. Many of us do.

There is a REASON that I don't use melee stances. I once heard that the melee system for Warframe was styled after "character-action" games like Devil May Cry. That's a cool idea, but it's worth pointing out that those games have a very different feel for their combat that focuses on juggling a few, set, individual targets in a stylish way that flows between encounters. Warframe is different, as you might expect, with enemies taking a lot less to kill but there being many, many more of them. You can't focus too much on any single target when there are dozens more enemies running up with the intention of blindsiding you, and on high-level missions that can be fatal. It was a few such deaths, when I otherwise would have been fine if not for the lack of the Quick Melee, that inspired me to bring these thoughts here.

Imagine an archer at a carnival or fair or something. He strides out confidently, holding his bow, then starts twirling both it and the arrows on his fingers, tossing it around and catching it smoothly. He juggles, nocking and then quick-switching different types of arrows. Finally, with a flourish, he turns and fires the arrow... and misses the archery target. He does a flip, another twirl, fires the arrow... and misses again, hitting a passerby in the leg or something. Then the guy just drops the bow and runs for it. That's what stance combos in Warframe are like. It looks very impressive, but then I completely miss my target and look like an idiot, way more so than if it hadn't tried to look cool and professional. The difference with the Quick Melee is that your feet stayed right where they were, barely advancing at all, instead of careening all over the place with every strike. I preferred that, to the point that when I was on a melee-only mission like a Sortie with that requirement, I would pull out my Simaris scanner so I would be back to Quick Melee without issue.

The tragedy of Tempo Royale is that the main reason I got it was that it gave your greatsword a quick diagonal slash allowing you to hit targets low to the ground as well as flying targets faster and more reliably. It was a lifesaver, and made Tempo Royale basically a requirement on all my greatswords. NOT SO with the Stance itself, as this update cruelly reminded me now that I'm forced to use it and only it. I'm terrified to try my polearms, among which are my absolute strongest weapons... I don't want to know how they play now...

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, (XB1)TheRoflLizard said:

I'm sorry..But,the melee update sucks...It feels like style over substance.  It is flashy but very pointless and gets in the way. 

One big thing is valk jumps out of her 4 stance  for some odd reason and still gets drained.

I also, do not like having to hit stick to use channeling..It basically means the left trigger is only for aiming and nothing else..In fact,that might be the problem is It seems more design to favor gun play and quick gun pullouts and not for melee. Which is counter productive for people who wanna play melee frames or just swing a weapon that If they misclick boom,you are force down aimming a barrel of the gun til you tap b again..Which,makes It dumber cause you can do the pest punch,where you quickly poke someone in melee range  and get back to firing a gun. I use that a lot during animal hunting and resourcing so,I don't have to be bugged swaping out to weapons. 

Really, everything just feels really wonky.

Honestly,I think some of this could be fix by just letting people use the old control set up..Cause I HATE! being in the middle of a sweet melee party and randomly pulling out my gun. I'm not saying revert everything,but I am saying let us set up controller set up for It so,It all freaking weird..like Valkyr going out of stance and firing a gun while losing mana cause she don't know whats going on.

Third Day cant play warframe thank god folk around me like GUN play so they dont care much the about the melee issue. So they can have fun, but i get to come home and look at a game Ive paid 10 times over in USD just up and switched on me with no option to enjoy anything. Melee mode just taking a weapon alone you STILL use R3?! why do you have only a blade out and (L)trigger is unusable? I think someone internal in warframe is trying to get you all to flop as bad a Anthem. After you all gave praising and complements the their team on a beautiful game. There should of been a side test sever (cloud sever) we could of went on to test this. NO, there should of been a common sense of if this does not work well, here is an option to revert this set up. I know how things can go wrong in sys, migrations and so on and I would not open my mouth if there was no money and time involved. I think you all dont know how important you all are becoming.. There is growing support for this game, so moves are not the same your entering  a (to big to fail zone). The game just cant fully change like this with out options.. I dont consider my self a vet here only have 500 straight  days play time in but I think you need us to give the feed back to those who call this game a time dumb and waste of HD space insight. Ive converted meany over and most are for the guns so they like it. I love all the weapons and try to make the most of them but that takes time lots of it. Fix is simple enough but now there more bugs and is the team skilled enough to implement multi play styles? Note these good folks wait for the trader for a full half month it would be good Idea  to NOT let the same mods pop up. 

• Applause 2

On 2019-03-21 at 7:59 AM, Scail said:

After playing for two weeks with the new melee system, I came to the conclusion that it is disgusting and almost unplayable. Here are my suggestions on how save the situation:

Return:

- Return the quick melee attacks. (Without weapon change)
- Return the ability to manually block.
- Return the possibility of controlled gliding with melee weapons.
- Return the possibility of manually melee weapons equipping.

Add:

- Add option to disable auto block.
- Add the ability to quickly change ranged weapons to melee weapons. (In fact, make the current function of the "E" key on a separate button) 
- Add a quick shot of secondary weapons when equipped with the melee weapon. (Without weapon change)
- Add the ability to quickly change melee weapons to ranged weapons.

Proposal for changing the Concentration system:

- Add a new Concentration gauge to the Operator. When the Concentration gauge is filled, the Warframe can be put into Concentration mode. This mode will greatly enhance the Warframe weapons and abilities, and will give the Warframe health regeneration and accelerated shield recovery. (Similar to Devil Trigger from Devil May Cry)

Wise. Im pro for all the person is saying but thats not the important part. This Concentration Mod/ Gauge is neat Idea I conflict with some Arcanes thought but just may be something could be looked at. IN A EXPERIMENTAL SETTING WITH THE COMMUNITY THIS TIME..............just maybe.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I forgot one more thing... back in the day, I experimented with a cool-looking mod that I thought would make the game easier: Reflex Guard. I'd link it here, but as of the Melee revision its function has changed... it now increases block ANGLE, or radius in front of you that triggers the auto-parry. Back then, though, it increased auto-parry CHANCE. It sounded good, since I could never remember to block when I had only my melee weapon out and I figured it could save me taking a lot of damage.

When I tried it, though, I ran into the problem of the "auto-parry" parrying too MUCH, preventing me during the animation from pulling my gun out or doing any other attack. Against multiple rapid-fire enemies or enemies that used some kind of beam attack I couldn't easily get it to stop blocking so I could strike back. It was more annoying than useful, so I took it off and didn't think about it again. In this new system, that situation I was in back then is every firefight. If I just had my melee weapon out because I was trying to break boxes or something, when I turn because I'm getting attacked I suddenly end up parrying the shots instead and CAN'T SHOOT BACK or do anything until the little flourish animation ends. It's not too bad if it's once or twice, but when this can happen multiple times a mission the frustration factor adds up really fast.

Also as an aside, Warframe's blocking animations still look dumb.

Wiggling a sword back and forth like three times after blocking ONE bullet looks silly as heck. Make it one single SHARP movement per attack blocked, and if the rate of hits is over a certain amount, you leave afterimages.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

To DE: You guys are some of the best in the industry, and still actually give a crap about players as far as I can tell; but you all need to trust us when we say that, to everyone that isn't a player of mile-a-minute fighting game franchises like Guilty Gear (which Warframe quite decidedly is not like, and should not try to be like in the first place), this is the exact opposite of an improvement. It's twitchy, it's awkward, it's lost the visceral satisfaction in its use it once had, and it lacks the feeling of both power and solidity it possessed when we actually had full control of melee as the player. I am sorry to get so frustrated, but after a few weeks with absolutely no response, it feels like this is all an enforcement of one play-style without option, alternative, or fore-warning. 

I've added to this thread over and over, but since we're still not getting any staff answers, or apparently even being heard, here I go again:

• Melee that doesn't let me actually, actively, wield the weapon is not fun melee.
  • Melee that doesn't let me toggle between weapons is not fun melee.
  • Melee whose asinine auto-block messes interrupts my Exalted Weapons, aiming my guns, and the actual melee attacks themselves; is most definitely not fun melee.
  • Melee that doesn't even let me control/release my block like before, which, contrary to opinion, enhanced parkour; is not fun melee.
  • Melee that makes me feel like I'm controlling a "Space Marine" and not going on a rampage as a "Space Ninja" is not fun melee.
  • Melee that is effectively reduced to a pointless decoration on my Warframe, a decoration that I'm no longer even allowed the simple pleasure of holding in my hands and keeping there; is not fun melee.
  • Melee that makes me feel like a drunk half-mind-controlled clown with a Bowie knife taped to his Glock, when previously I felt like a Dark Souls/Bloodborne Boss, is not fun melee.
  • Melee that apparently inherently broke some of the VFX when you patched it in, so that now Infested bleed neon turquoise and Hysteria's aura constantly flickers, is not fun melee.
  • Melee whose slam attacks uselessly launch foes like a game of hacky-sack into the air, making it impossible to use finishers, is not fun melee.
  • Melee that was changed to do the above out of blatant favoritism toward the players that mindlessly spammed Atterax and Meme Strike, in order for that same group to shoot enemies in mid-air, is not fun melee. They didn't truly use melee as anything but a meta-tactic stick to blindly flail around, and it wasn't their main source of fun. Why are you listening to their immediate auto-praise, and ignoring the criticism and frustration of actual melee mains?
  • Melee that I can no longer draw to make cool poses with in Captura is not fun melee.
  • Melee that no longer makes Exalted Blade and Hysteria override my normal weapons, therefore causing them to randomly be interrupted by projectiles or my own actions; and in turn utterly ruining that delightful feeling of science-fantasy rampage that they use to make me feel, IS. NOT. FUN. MELEE.

We just want to block. We just want to actually hold our melee weapons again, even if we also have our guns equipped. We just want channeling, Guardian Derision, and Life Strike back to normal; because despite what you think we ACTUALLY USED THEM and found them quite handy. 

We want melee that is actually still melee. 

If this is your collective idea of "improving" melee combat, and only just the first phase; I shudder to think of what other fundamental mechanics are going to be gutted based on the feedback of Tenno who are gunslinger players, not hack-and-slasher players.

It just isn't fun, it broke too many things, it's not satisfying, it ruined stances, and frankly it wasn't a good change in any regard; except for making our elemental effects' visual indicators upon enemy models finally match our weapon energy color (both ranged and melee), which actually did enhance FashionFrame(TM) and reduce player eye fatigueIt would be nice to also implement that with bullet color.

I'm sorry, but even aimed ground slams was a bad choice. If it only worked within a series of angles between 75-90 degrees vertically, it would be usable; but instead I randomly get flung 2,000 miles away from whatever I was aiming for at a near-horizontal. Another parkour and combat tactic that used to work fine and dandy has been reduced to a twitch-fest that doesn't work remotely as intended; and probably would still be unsatisfying even if "fixed". 

DE, we trust you guys as the players, and we've come to love the whole dorky little team, but this just isn't the way to go with "improving" anything. Reducing player choice and making us feel less powerful is never an improvement. When we were all hyped for a "new" melee, what we really hoped for was an improvement to stats, stance combos, and hitboxes; not the removal of melee and its accompanying fun altogether.

As it stands, I presently have little reason to play other than admiring Hildryn's MAUSCLES and earning the Saturn Six Armor. What good is it to finally design such a beefy girl for us, if I'm not allowed to have her legitimately wield Fragor Prime or the Wolf Sledge? What interest should I have in acquiring Tipedo Prime when Equinox's Prime Access arrives, if I don't get to actually truly use any melee weapons anymore? The enjoyable-ness of melee combat is gone, and my present interest in Warframe other than Nightwave has gone with it.

Edited by Maxim_M_Payne
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 12

12 minutes ago, Maxim_M_Payne said:

To DE: You guys are some of the best in the industry, and still actually give a crap about players as far as I can tell; but you all need to trust us when we say that, to everyone that isn't a player of mile-a-minute fighting game franchises like Guilty Gear (which Warframe quite decidedly is not like, and should not try to be like in the first place), this is the exact opposite of an improvement. It's twitchy, it's awkward, it's lost the visceral satisfaction in its use it once had, and it lacks the feeling of both power and solidity it possessed when we actually had full control of melee as the player. I am sorry to get so frustrated, but after a few weeks with absolutely no response, it feels like this is all an enforcement of one play-style without option, alternative, or fore-warning. 

I've added to this thread over and over, but since we're still not getting any staff answers, or apparently even being heard, here I go again:

• Melee that doesn't let me actually, actively, wield the weapon is not fun melee.
  • Melee that doesn't let me toggle between weapons is not fun melee.
  • Melee whose asinine auto-block messes interrupts my Exalted Weapons, aiming my guns, and the actual melee attacks themselves; is most definitely not fun melee.
  • Melee that doesn't even let me control/release my block like before, which, contrary to opinion, enhanced parkour; is not fun melee.
  • Melee that makes me feel like I'm controlling a "Space Marine" and not going on a rampage as a "Space Ninja" is not fun melee.
  • Melee that is effectively reduced to a pointless decoration on my Warframe, a decoration that I'm no longer even allowed the simple pleasure of holding in my hands and keeping there; is not fun melee.
  • Melee that makes me feel like a drunk half-mind-controlled clown with a Bowie knife taped to his Glock, when previously I felt like a Dark Souls/Bloodborne Boss, is not fun melee.
  • Melee that apparently inherently broke some of the VFX when you patched it in, so that now Infested bleed neon turquoise and Hysteria's aura constantly flickers, is not fun melee.
  • Melee whose slam attacks uselessly launch foes like a game of hacky-sack into the air, making it impossible to use finishers, is not fun melee.
  • Melee that was changed to do the above out of blatant favoritism toward the players that mindlessly spammed Atterax and Meme Strike, in order for that same group to shoot enemies in mid-air, is not fun melee. They didn't truly use melee as anything but a meta-tactic stick to blindly flail around, and it wasn't their main source of fun. Why are you listening to their immediate auto-praise, and ignoring the criticism and frustration of actual melee mains?
  • Melee that I can no longer draw to make cool poses with in Captura is not fun melee.
  • Melee that no longer makes Exalted Blade and Hysteria override my normal weapons, therefore causing them to randomly be interrupted by projectiles or my own actions; and in turn utterly ruining that delightful feeling of science-fantasy rampage that they use to make me feel, IS. NOT. FUN. MELEE.

We just want to block. We just want to actually hold our melee weapons again, even if we also have our guns equipped. We just want channeling, Guardian Derision, and Life Strike back to normal; because despite what you think we ACTUALLY USED THEM and found them quite handy. 

We want melee that is actually still melee. 

If this is your collective idea of "improving" melee combat, and only just the first phase; I shudder to think of what other fundamental mechanics are going to be gutted based on the feedback of Tenno who are gunslinger players, not hack-and-slasher players.

It just isn't fun, it broke too many things, it's not satisfying, it ruined stances, and frankly it wasn't a good change in any regard; except for making our elemental effects' visual indicators upon enemy models finally match our weapon energy color (both ranged and melee), which actually did enhance FashionFrame(TM) and reduce player eye fatigueIt would be nice to also implement that with bullet color.

I'm sorry, but even aimed ground slams was a bad choice. If it only worked within a series of angles between 75-90 degrees vertically, it would be usable; but instead I randomly get flung 2,000 miles away from whatever I was aiming for at a near-horizontal. Another parkour and combat tactic that used to work fine and dandy has been reduced to a twitch-fest that doesn't work remotely as intended; and probably would still be unsatisfying even if "fixed". 

DE, we trust you guys as the players, and we've come to love the whole dorky little team, but this just isn't the way to go with "improving" anything. Reducing player choice and making us feel less powerful is never an improvement. When we were all hyped for a "new" melee, what we really hoped for was an improvement to stats, stance combos, and hitboxes; not the removal of melee and its accompanying fun altogether.

As it stands, I presently have little reason to play other than admiring Hildryn's MAUSCLES and earning the Saturn Six Armor. What good is it to finally design such a beefy girl for us, if I'm not allowed to have her legitimately wield Fragor Prime or the Wolf Sledge? What interest should I have in acquiring Tipedo Prime when Equinox's Prime Access arrives, if I don't get to actually truly use any melee weapons anymore? The enjoyable-ness of melee combat is gone, and my present interest in Warframe other than Nightwave has gone with it.

Please do not take this guy words to heart.  I actually love the changes and hate to see them rolled back because people cannot accept change.  Finish the rest of the changes, implement them, and then do a full community survey.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Please do not take this guy words to heart.  I actually love the changes and hate to see them rolled back because people cannot accept change.  Finish the rest of the changes, implement them, and then do a full community survey.

Calm down. Nobody asks to roll back the changes. Players who prefer the melee just want to get the opportunity to play in a familiar way. For this it is not necessary to burn everything to the ground. Just add one or two options.

Edited by Snoit
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

"Please disregard this person's thought-out, earnest, polite opinion, because I disagree with it."

• Haha 1
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 7

3 hours ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Calm down Teddy, let him speak, as it stands people like us CANNOT PLAY! people who are fine with it as it is could work with any system because they mainly use ranged. no one is saying to roll back changes, simply give melee players back melee, even if you use melee alone it is still glitchy, a simple scan breaks the right click button again to zoom and switch to scanner until the mission is complete, so for melee players we are forced to equip only melee, and dont use scanners or we get handicapped for the rest of the mission.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 7

• Blocking efficiency with melee have conflict with primary weapon, frame doesnt starting to block incoming projectiles from the enemies in Onslaught i was notice that many time, and now similar thing happening in kuva survival.
  • Second thing is that frame stays in blocking position with melee in hands after u kill all enemies and the frame wont back in default standing position which is sucks, that wasnt happened before this new melee system.
  • Channeling turns off many time when melee switching to primary then u need to activate channeling over and over.
  • When u try to bullet-jump and activate exodia contaigon arcane, many time that bullet-jump make conflict with slam jump and unless to triger arcane u do slam jump, really bad.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Folks are getting mad This is day 4 that I cant play warframe due to the new style implement. My Gen and X Gen state my alliance has never been so non active.. We need a quick solution to this issue. People can not play the game they loved, respected and advertised for you for free. Ill be here and working on investments as there is really no game like this. I hope you folks understand that *your not COD, love DMC but your not that, Destiny, halo or any other game YOUR WARFRAME! the best free game in the world where folks can be a billion different things with one WF. You have a community that will now pay and actively support you, promote you and most important give you their  honest never to return time. If you where not worth it would cut you off like the new COD. To keep both sides happy as you did what you did there would need to be a style selection add of some sort now as you cant giveth and taketh away now. Be Warframe, thats what you where good at. 

Edited by (XB1)LV1NarcoticWOLF
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-03-21 at 3:27 AM, SordidDreams said:

Yes, which is why I'm hoping these complaints don't get listened to.

On 2019-03-20 at 9:07 PM, SilviaS12 said:

when a profit business is not catering to their clients/customers/patrons, they lose business and they lose profit/potential profit, do you please the larger portion?

Yes, which is why I'm hoping these complaints don't get listened to.

OK, I see your point but there was much profit made off us for all this to happen. At the same time Advertisement given bring untold numbers of folk in. If you say "dont listen to us"..... what are you living in a regime? In business there is a time of change but this is not BRICK AND MOTOR set up. In programming I can make or brake you with a simple (;)(-->) or what ever. So solutions can come sooner than later. Every person is worth hearing if you dont believe that, this is not the Game or Form for you. Remember folks do more than just play this game they believe in what it can be past what it is. Free is not Free true this game shows use that they can do it and earn and thats a good thing. Just know that everyone's word plays a part,(community base game). If what you say was considered, well this is not the game for me then.

We simply need solution so these good people can play the game again and enjoy them selves, like you are doing right now...

A small, but needed addition to "Melee Revisit: Phase 2"

• TLDR: We need to be able to automatically chain 'charge attacks' just by holding down the melee button "E".

As it currently stands, spamming the melee attack button (quick-melee) or just 'spin-2-win' both still outweigh any combos or charge attacks that can currently be performed. The loss in your attack speed by performing a charge attack, or trying to perform a combo is an overall net-loss in your damage output, as well as fewer status procs potentially affecting an enemy, which any learned melee user knows severely hampers your damage output from "Condition Overload"'s multipliers. With the addition of new 'mods' such as 'Amalgam Organ shatter' performing these charge attacks now often requires the player to be able to time his/her charge attack to within around 0.25 of a second, making this either insanely difficult or insanely lucky to accomplish, for what is essentially often, not even a damage increase.

By allowing players to simply hold down the "E" key to charge attack, and having all followup charge attacks happen automatically as long as the key is continuously held, it will give players much more control over performing these attacks, which will, in turn, give players a lot more options for specific melee actions within the new melee system with relative ease.

Since melee channel is now a dedicated toggle, we need to add animations and/or sound cues and/or UI to better distinguish between the channeling state while warframes are in a stealthed state. 

For real melee players, this 'Melee 3.0 Phase 1' feels like they chopped off both my legs(blockglide removal) and gave me a snazzy new right arm(angled slams). At no point should they have messed with RMB in this way, I don't believe that they consulted real melee veterans about this. I would like to see a toggle implemented to return 'Blockglide' functionality. I can still swap to my guns with F or even LMB if I leave that toggle off.

I find it a bit humorous that 'Melee 3.0 Phase 1' was packaged with an event giving Amalgam mods to Primary/Secondary that increase speed and parkour. I love the mods, but the best parkour was always with blockglide. I play the game one of two ways now. Regular full set up with Zenistar, and then Melee-Only Loadout Valkyr when I want to really get down and have some fun.

• Upvote 5

Honestly, I think you hit the ball outta the park with this guys. I love the new melee system. It makes combat feel so much better imo. 

Quick melee was all fine and good but it was boring. Melee was much more fun having your full combos available but it slowed the combat down having to hard switch to melee and then back to gunplay. This new system, especially with the Tatsu (which by the way, the animation guys did an AMAZING job with, is so smooth and enjoyable.

Directional slam attacks are awesome. The flow of the combat back and forth is awesome. Auto blocking is great and doesn't hold you back. 

Honestly dont know what else to say. Cant wait to see what else is gonna happen with this. Dont know what more I would want lol but an intrigued what you guys have in mind.