[DE]Danielle

Melee Revisit: Phase 1 Feedback Megathread

Posted (edited)

Seriously this entire terrible system could have just been better replaced by the removal of quick melee.

Revert this nonsense please.

It's sad when you have to turn away from enemies when you don't want to block just so you can make use of rage to get the enegy you need for X ability quickly. Why the heck can't I control my character. Why does he just.... block when not needed.

Seriously if we are going to go this route.. can you just put a "auto clear spy vault" button so I don't have to keep doing those? Maybe an auto fire option so my gun just shoots itself as well. Cause why not? Right?

Edited by Jhaerik
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

I am loving the new melee combat. It's much more smoother and has a much better transition between melee and primary weapon. The ground pound is awesome, i can now choose

where i can slam, and it also opens a new way of traverse maps. Especially large maps like the planes or fortune. Anyways good job so far on how this game has progressed and i hope you guys can keep bettering yourselves and the game.

Good Job, and good luck on your future endeavors.

• Woah 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MidToster3800 said:

I am loving the new melee combat. It's much more smoother and has a much better transition between melee and primary weapon. The ground pound is awesome, i can now choose

where i can slam, and it also opens a new way of traverse maps. Especially large maps like the planes or fortune. Anyways good job so far on how this game has progressed and i hope you guys can keep bettering yourselves and the game.

Good Job, and good luck on your future endeavors.

Man nothing has really changed other than automatic block, and and so many things just being outright unplayble due to bugs.

Gun users still just spam quick melee attacks on low level stuff. Melee builds still just spam slide attack with maining strike.

So for changes that changed nothing we lost block glide, and outright broke any frame with an exulted weapon. We lost visibility in a game where it's already hard to see at times with frames like Nidus/Frost/ect around due to the addition of even flasher melee attacks. Melee attacks often don't register. Constant bugs where we are stuck weaponless, or locked into archwing on Plains. Also all non heavy ability based frames feel very "same-y" now with the changes.

There is still little reason to do more than spam either quick melee, or slide attacks, and the whole thing feels far more clunky than the old system.

Personally I just wish they'd abandon the entire thing and focus on more important stuff... like how so many mods that are locked behind 5% spy mission loot, and sabotage cash loot. I (like a lot of people it seems) am not here to play siphon filter/thief. I'm here to take a badass robot space ninja and shred hordes of things. Instead most of my play time seems to be stuck running unfun missions types for mods/relics and playing Pew-Pew Mc Spaceboy. For me I'm just here for long duration defense/survival... which imho is where the game is actually fun.... and frankly the balance is god awful in those.

Edited by Jhaerik
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Apologies if this has been said before, but the automatic switch on melee to the combo stance results in unwanted character movement. I have now found myself attacking multiple targets only to perform a melee manoeuvre that throws me off the terrain, thus losing built up abilities such as scarab armour, vex armour etc. it also can cause unwanted effects such as Limbo leaving his cataclysm. With quick melee this didn't happen; you retained the ability to stand your ground and slug it out with quick melee.

I appreciate I could remove the stance, but with an associated capacity loss. Perhaps a generic, no combos stance?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

So...

Directional slams and the removal of quick melee:  good.

Everything else, *especially* "blocking pulls out your primary" should be reverted.

• Woah 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cotton Tail said:

Apologies if this has been said before, but the automatic switch on melee to the combo stance results in unwanted character movement. I have now found myself attacking multiple targets only to perform a melee manoeuvre that throws me off the terrain, thus losing built up abilities such as scarab armour, vex armour etc. it also can cause unwanted effects such as Limbo leaving his cataclysm. With quick melee this didn't happen; you retained the ability to stand your ground and slug it out with quick melee.

I appreciate I could remove the stance, but with an associated capacity loss. Perhaps a generic, no combos stance?

One thing that is a option if you are playing weapons with bad stances is to turn on the melee aim targetlock. Sure it comes at the cost of losing that amazing free cleaving Darksiders/DMC/Dynasty Warriors feel, but if you want to use the weapon types with slowdowns and/or animation locks that go into sudden movement stances instead of stuff like heavy blades, swords, S&S, claws, etc that's probably the best option.

5 hours ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

So...

Directional slams and the removal of quick melee:  good.

Everything else, *especially* "blocking pulls out your primary" should be reverted.

why removing quick melee is good? Plenty of weapons are now efectively (much) worse than before thanks to that. Now Shield and Polearm weapons are useless. The stances suck incredibly hard

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I just ended up having to repolarise the stance for my Hirudo, because let's be honest, the 'break dancing' style of Brutal Tide absolutely sucks, gets frames locked in prolonged animations, has a terrible hitbox that very often fails to connect attacks on enemies and just looks downright dumb.  The Grim Fury stance is far better, with managable punches and kicks that actually work.  This got me thinking of another solution to this problem:

Until the stance changes have been introduced, make all stance polarities universal.  

Being forced to use stances was a bad idea from the beginning, because a lot of stances weapons will commonly have as their polarity are absolutely atrocious, and having to spend forma repolarising those and re-levelling them just to make our melee weapons usable again is a, excuse the french, total d**k move.  If they were universal polarities, we wouldn't need to waste forma which we may then have to use again once the stance changes come in to switch back to another.  Obviously this would just be temporary, so once the changes to stances and combos are introduced it would be taken away, but at least until that happens we'd be able to use stances that aren't complete tripe which would make our melee weapons usable again.

Edited by Konachibi
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The slam attack ragdoll mechanic went from barely tolerable to just stupidly annoying. The fixed radius on slam attacks harmed some Melees with short base attack range and with high slam attack radius. So hard to build up the combo multiplier, if everything flies so far away (or just please bring back quick melee) Even hammers that I don't have problems spamming the RMB combo before is barely useable. Only Arca Titron acts the same way because of its unique passive. 

• Upvote 2

On 2019-04-27 at 1:37 PM, Asphe said:

It's not just the specific changes for quick melee / holstering either. Previously, you can go into mining mode, deploy archwing and continue. Now every mode change requires you to reengage mining / hunt mode. I'm probably hitting an extra keybind a few times every minute during gameplay. It's like having to readjust your contact lenses every time you blink. Also new bugs like not being able to use melee-strike to dismount a vehicle because the melee-strike keybind is hosed. Again. Or always... always dropping data masses because you don't equip a secondary. If we ever get a sortie that's Primary / Melee only... Please don't do that.

Same thing on console. It seems to be (maybe??) fixed on fishing and Scanner tools... at least, performing a melee strike doesn't cancel them. Not so for mining tools, though! I checked.

On 2019-04-27 at 1:37 PM, Asphe said:

By the way... anyone else got killed thanks to auto-block? Yeah...

On 2019-04-27 at 8:33 AM, Snoit said:

After I was once again killed, "thanks" to the autoblock, I decided to write here again.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Autoblock occurs, doesn't mitigate very much damage but, crucially, prevents me from drawing my weapon long enough for the enemies to kill me... It's a situation where, under Melee 2.5, I would have survived with no issue.

Another melee strategy that has taken a huge hit is Berserker weapons like the Heliocor, Ack &Brunt and Fragor Prime. Berserker is almost more of a hindrance than a help, when moving faster and faster while performing the acrobatic maneuvers that make up so much of stances sends you pirouetting all over the place, barely able to keep yourself trained on the enemy. I've tried it without melee auto-target and with melee auto-target, and (besides reminding me how much I hate melee auto-target) it didn't make a difference; I was still soaring past my intended foe and meleeing nothing. It happened over and over. All I was trying to do was mash the melee button, but even that turned into what the game considered a combo and I started doing moves I didn't want to do.

Only relatively new categories of weapons seem to have more reserved and less flashy combos, like Two-handed Nikanas (the Tatsu).

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Sigh i used to love using melee, now its just a massively unsatisfying mess. and still no word from the devs?

Why does a MELEE update make melee less fun?

Edited by Avlaen
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Exodia Contagion doesn't work with the new melee system, or rather it works but only at random times and it's very inconsistent (usually only works on very close range which insta-kills you) so it would be nice to get it back somehow. It was fun to use :'l

Idk where should i post about this, but this happened with melee change so...

Edited by Ridl00
i barely ever used forum idk how things work and where should i post lol

I don't really want to read 39 pages of this thread, so Ill post this anyway. But using the redeemer gets you killed because of the autoblocking feature. You try a charge attack? Oh boy. Get ready to get practically stun locked and unable to shoot or melee, unles you run away.

• Upvote 1

On 2019-04-29 at 6:20 PM, Avlaen said:

Sigh i used to love using melee, now its just a massively unsatisfying mess. and still no word from the devs?

Why does a MELEE update make melee less fun?

You aren't alone, I stopped playing completely over close to 2 months now, I've given up, they are going to throw warframe over a cliff with spikes at the bottom. The greatest tragedy is that they think they are doing something truly special when it is far from special in the opposite direction. This is not an improvement in any way, it is a huge change and a change for the worst. After the dev stream if I don't hear of any solutions it's time to uninstall and cut my losses on any plat I spent on. It's better to retain continuous customers than to  continuously attain new short term customers. RIP warframe. Melee 2.9/3.0 is killing you like leukemia.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 2019-04-25 at 4:18 AM, Walkampf said:

While the new melee had a rocky start, there were a lot quick fixes to certain things.

1. Exodia Contignation and Epidemic, were hardly usable right after the update, but now, whth the new system, they fit smoother into the gameplay than ever before. Especially Exodia Epidemic became increadible in combination with the aimed Groundslam.

2. Vaykor Sydon had a problem with it's ability, but binding the Blind actication to channeling made it more comfortable to use than ever before. While i alwas loved the concept of the weapon it is only now, that I'm actually using it on a regular basis.

What I'd like to see are some minor tweaks. The autoblocking seems a little bit off in certain cases, as a few people mentioned, when it comes to charge attacks, most notably with gunblades and glaives.

I really hope DE keeps their course and isn't dishearted by the negative feedback. I'd like to make clear, that most points of negativ feedback are based on people not thinking the new system through. For example,

- A lot of people are complaining that the quickattacks seemeingly gone. People liked how they were less movement impairing than stances.

What people don't realise it that they can unequip stances to get quickattacks back. Sure, they loose a few Mod-points, but this is actually quite fitting, since an actual martial art is a lot more effective than simply bashing something without proper training.

I don't know if this was intentional by DE or not, but it certainly fits really well in the big picture.

I don't want auto block and I don't want stupid auto weapon swap. I want to select what I want to use and stay locked in it with it's full functions until I want to switch my weapons again. I don't want to be in melee and blam automatically start aiming my fire arm since we can't say the G # N word. And for the record, I HATE WITH A PASSION THAT MY WEAPONS ARE TELEPORTING FROM MY BACK AND INTO MY HANDS. THIS IS NOT NIER AUTOMATA FFS. Actually nevermind it is warframe automata now. Where everything is automatic and the only thing people don't realize are quick attacks are there without stances so the entire change must be good because they don't realize unequipping your stance means you get quick attack but also you get no stance so therefore it must be good.

Edited by SilviaS12
realized it is nicer automata.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Seriously if a lot of people complain about something, it is bad, note 7, Ford pinto, and the list goes on. At least most of these companies recall their bad moves and try to improve going forward, others like to take the Apple road and that's take it or leave it,

• Upvote 1

vor 58 Minuten schrieb SilviaS12:

and I don't want stupid auto weapon swap

It's literally not an auto-swap.

The weapons only swap when you press the button.

Get you angre-issues under control and this will most likly stop you spasms which make you hit the weaponswitch button. 🙄

vor einer Stunde schrieb SilviaS12:

THIS IS NOT NIER AUTOMATA FFS. Actually nevermind it is warframe automata now.

I think this is supposed to be a compained, but comparing Warframe to one of the most critically acclaimed games in the last decade will hardly get the point across, that you don't like the recent changes in Warframe.

• Woah 1

Posted (edited)

I think it makes no sense to say anything else. It seems the DE have decided to sacrifice some of the orthodox swordsmen's to simplify the game for everyone else. Well, that's their right and their game. It is a pity that it happened, but nothing can be done. 

Thank you DE for the years I spent in the game. Warframe is a special game (at least it was). But I feel that such a Warframe is not for me.

Now I just hang my katana on the wall and go play to TESO or something else.

Edited by Snoit
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

ur...the auto block is cool,but this makes my Guardian Derision works less effecient.I used to survived 1:50 in a corpus survival arbitration with my oberon prime and a friendly nekros and inaros,by using Ack & Brunt with Guardian Derision and Electromagnetic Shielding the nekros takes almost no dmg,but now no longer can I use this skill.

On 2019-05-02 at 1:01 AM, Walkampf said:

It's literally not an auto-swap.

The weapons only swap when you press the button.

Get you angre-issues under control and this will most likly stop you spasms which make you hit the weaponswitch button. 🙄

I think this is supposed to be a compained, but comparing Warframe to one of the most critically acclaimed games in the last decade will hardly get the point across, that you don't like the recent changes in Warframe.

The weapon switch button that switches you from melee to ranged automatically? Please stop drinking yourself. Your getting too full. If I don't want to use ranged and go to block or glide with melee and it switches to ranged isn't it automatic? I don't want to use ranged until I want to use it, I want to block when I want to block, trying to insult me talking about "angre" and spasms is not pointing out the issues we actually face, if it's not an issue to you then simply say your piece and move on.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb SilviaS12:

The weapon switch button that switches you from melee to ranged automatically?

If there is an action of the player required to start another, the latter action is not automatic. I'm pretty sure you still don't understand what the word "automatic" actually means.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb SilviaS12:

I don't want to use ranged until I want to use it, I want to block when I want to block,

Then don't press RMB. If you manage to not perform the action to switch to ranged, you won't and because of this you will blocking.

vor 29 Minuten schrieb SilviaS12:

if it's not an issue to you then simply say your piece and move on.

I actually did, you on the other hand were not capable of just excepting that other people have different opinions than you, so you had to directly critisize my personal opinion. So in the end, you really brought this on yourself. So, if you had left my opinion alone, I whouldn't have bothered engaging in converation with you.

TL;DR,

Just like with switching to a ranged weapon, my response to you wasn't automatic but a reaction.

If you whould be more aware of what you are doing, then neither whould you switch to your ranged weapon nor whould you have made a fool out of yourself by starting the conversation with me.

So, yeah, basically everything you are complaining about is your own fault... 👏

Posted (edited)

So after trying out melee 2.9 for multiple sessions, I don't like melee 2.9 overall. Sure I like the directional slam, instantly fire my gun when I want to, but it feels like melee got gutted and harder to control.

Here are the controls for melee 2.0 (xbox one style)

B- attack

RT- block/glide

LT- channeling

RS- secondary ability for melee

Y- switch to primary or secondary fire

Heres 2.9

B- attack

RS- channeling

Y- switch to primary or secondary fire

Melee 2.9 also seems to be slightly be more harder to control as I keep getting flung around when using certain stances or I get slowed down causing me to chase the enemies around in circles.

I also, to put it lightly, really dislike the auto block. I also do not get the reasoning for gliding causing me to switch back to my shooter. We only need ONE button to switch back to our shooters, why would we need the gliding button to switch back to our other weapons when that should be where the blocking/ melee gliding button is? This change has already screwed over some of the exalted weapons and gutted the melee mode. 

As it stands, I am very scared of the changes being made to melee down the road. The main thing that got me excited for 3.0 was for the addition of heavy attack. Now we have only ONE button to attack with.

As for the visual effects changes, I feel like I can't see when using the weapons (though that may be my fault for using mirage's hall of mirrors while attacking with fragor prime.

In the end, 2.9 has too many cons to justify the pros and just makes melee feel boring (melee is my favorite way of playing games so this is very bad for me)

Now that I have given my feedback on the subject at hand, I would like to add some suggestions for improving melee in the future. For starters, Here's the layout for melee that I thought of:

B- light attack

X- Heavy attack

LT- Block/counter attack

RS- secondary melee ability

This layout allows for more in depth combat and makes it more interesting. I also adds more depth and improves the melee system in general. Allow me to explain the reasons.

BLOCKING 2.0

keeping block as manual gives more control to the player, prevents unintended interruptions and allows for more added depth. 

The first aspect of this would be add a stamina feature for block. More specifically, a bar that allows for all attacks to be blocked but can be slowly depleted based on the damaged blocked. Holding block use less stamina but does not send the bullets back (this block stance would have the player hold the weapon in one pose rather than swinging it around wildly). If block is spammed, the player can deflect damage back at a target depending on where the reticle is pointing at (animation for this blocking would be the same as now) at the cost of using more stamina. Once the stamina is depleted, the damage percentage of how much is blocked decreases to the minimum percentage based on weapons stats (for example, if a weapon damage resist is 60%, then that is the amount that can be blocked when bar is depleted) and the deflected bullet accuracy decreases. If a melee weapon strikes while blocking with depleted bar, either some damage will come through or will cause players to stagger.

The second aspect to apply to block is a counter attack system. If player times a block just before a melee weapon strikes, the player will perform a counter animation dealing more damage depending on how quick the player reacts to the attack (if too early, nothing happens, if it is a 0.10 second away, 200% damage or something). Counter does not use up stamina bar.

While blocking midair, players will glide which can help perform for high skilled bullet jumps and have an easier time aim for a slam attack.

This upgrade block will make it much more interesting and will allow for more thoughtful combat. While they are not as likely to be use outside of some boss fights, counter might be good for a new enemy type with a different A.I. (but that is for another post).

HEAVY ATTACK AND BUTTON LOCATION

Adding a heavy attack button changes the normal attack button to light attack. As a result, players can chain this attacks together to allow for different results and make it less about button mashing one button all the time.

Another benefit is that the more unique weapons like the gun-blade can have different attacks that make it more similar to DMC5 (which I know SOMEONE in particular will really appreciate). To specify, when using a gun-blade, light attack would have the player slashing with the blade part of the gun-blade (we can call it blade attack) and shoot with the gun part using the heavy attack button (call it gun attack). This remove the need to rely on using a stance or holding a charge attack to fire the gun-blade (rather than it either be mainly blade attacks of gun attacks).

On the topic of charge attacks, you could give the light attack a light charge attack and heavy a heavy charge attack. 

NEW STANDARD COMBO INPUTS

back when melee 3.0 was talked about, it was mentioned that the team wanted to rework the stances to make it easier to remember the combos. With my ideas, this would be possible.

here are some examples:

reference: L=light attack, H=heavy attack, B=block

-L,L,L

-H,H,H

-B+L,L,L

-B+H,H,H

-L,H,L,H

-H,L,H,L

-B+L,H,L,H

-B+H,L,H,L

You get the idea, the stances could be reworked with the combo inputs looking like this as a reference, allowing it to be universal across all stances. Most importantly, it will be using multiple buttons at once and allow more the removal of directional input, pause and charge combos. This makes it less mindless button mashing and more thoughtful combat.

AS FOR DEVIL TRIGGER....

an easy solution could be to add this mode to the ability menu along with transference (becoming ability 6) This way, not buttons need to be sacrificed to make room for this ability as long as it does not drain the energy pool.

GAMES TO LOOK AT FOR MORE IDEAS

since you guys seem to be getting some ideas for melee from DMC, I highly recommend looking out for the game-play reveal of star wars Jedi: fallen order as the combat style is supposedly "thoughtful combat" the video will most likely be revealed close to E3 time, but it could give you guys ideas on new combat with enemies that challenge players through skills instead of health, damage and quantity (a new different type of difficulty maybe?😏)

EXTRA COSMETIC SUGGESTION

since melee is being worked on, could we please add the ability to use the noble/agile animation sets for idle poses and animations. I could understand if it would be hard to add except for the fact that you literally did this exact thing for primary and secondary weapons. This not only makes the animations sets pointless for those who favor melee mode but makes it look like your playing favorites with primary and secondary (even though ninjas use melee more than they do guns). I am no programmer but I see no reason why the things done for the primary and secondary with the animations can't be done for melee. At most, the only extra animating that would need to be done would be for wisp and that is just moving her legs in a floating animation instead of a running one (your halfway there, no need to stop now). It weakens the fashion frame end game after all. 

I apologize if I came off sounding rude but I really needed to get this off my chest.

I hope my ideas will be helpful feedback to improve melee and make it a lot more fun in the future, hope you guys take my ideas into consideration.

Thanks again! 😁

Edited by (XB1)WafflyLearner89
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

If there is an action of the player required to start another, the latter action is not automatic. I'm pretty sure you still don't understand what the word "automatic" actually means.

Then don't press RMB. If you manage to not perform the action to switch to ranged, you won't and because of this you will blocking.

TL;DR,

Just like with switching to a ranged weapon, my response to you wasn't automatic but a reaction.

If you whould be more aware of what you are doing, then neither whould you switch to your ranged weapon nor whould you have made a fool out of yourself by starting the conversation with me.

So, yeah, basically everything you are complaining about is your own fault... 👏

Why would someone be in this thread defending something they know nothing about? Are you a paid schill? I'm so confused by this comment.

How can a person, who wants to use melee, not press RMB? Are you aware of how blockglide, and to a lesser extent manual blocking, are integral parts of melee flow and melee combat?

Here's a hypothetical. See that Oxium Osprey 5 meters in the air? How do I deal with that as a melee fighter? "hurr durr just shoot with your gun why would you use melee stupid?" Because with RMB, AKA BLOCK-GLIDE, I can control the height of my jumps and slide attack or basic-air attack that thing out of the air. Without RMB, without Blockglide, wielding your Melee weapon while parkouring is NO LONGER AN OPTION. And parkour is Melee Fighting, make no mistake.

I'm a person that actually plays melee, and I've spent most of my 1700 hours in this game perfecting it. Melee fighting in Warfame is micro-positioning my character to put me in ideal position to attack, limit my ability to get hit, while enabling me to also move to the next target/objective with as little wasted time as possible. RMB and CTRL are as important as WASD, as important as left click. Do I really have to go out of my way and make a tutorial video for you venemous noobs that won't stop defending this God-awful melee change?

I don't know how to make it more clear than that. You're ignorant of the points that you're arguing against, and should probably stop typing.

Edited by Ofeban
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Ofeban:

Here's a hypothetical. See that Oxium Osprey 5 meters in the air? How do I deal with that as a melee fighter? "hurr durr just shoot with your gun why would you use melee stupid?"

So, first, from the very beginning of Warframe, Tenno were always referenced as 'Warriors of gun and blade", not "gun OR blade" so, if you decide to not make use of your options, thats your own decision. Just as for example as a player who doesn't want to use skills. Nobody can stop you, but it's your own fault if you don't make use of the tools the devs give you and design their game around.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Ofeban:

And parkour is Melee Fighting, make no mistake.

Second, 'parkour' is not limited to aimgliding. In fact, gliding isn't even a very fast way to close the distance to an enemy. There are several (much) faster options.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Ofeban:

and I've spent most of my 1700 hours in this game perfecting it. Melee fighting in Warfame is micro-positioning my character to put me in ideal position to attack,

Third, and yet, after 1700 hours you are unable to use the new aimed groundslam to hit aerial enemies. Claiming that you 'perfected' it is really funny.

Forth, aerial combos are in development for Melee3.0. I have said it time and time again in other threads, complaining about changes now is worthless until you see what they amount to, with the finished product. Maybe ther are good reasons, why something was changed now, that makes sense down the line. There is a very good reason why the current melee system is called 2.9 and not 3.0. But a quit look into your profile makes it quite obvious, that dramaqueens need to drama.

• Woah 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

So, first, from the very beginning of Warframe, 1. Tenno were always referenced as 'Warriors of gun and blade", not "gun OR blade" so, if you decide to not make use of your options, thats your own decision. Just as for example as a player who doesn't want to use skills. Nobody can stop you, but it's your own fault if you don't make use of the tools the devs give you and design their game around.

2. Second, 'parkour' is not limited to aimgliding. In fact, gliding isn't even a very fast way to close the distance to an enemy. There are several (much) faster options.

3. Third, and yet, after 1700 hours you are unable to use the new aimed groundslam to hit aerial enemies. Claiming that you 'perfected' it is really funny.

4. Forth, aerial combos are in development for Melee3.0. I have said it time and time again in other threads, complaining about changes now is worthless until you see what they amount to, with the finished product. Maybe ther are good reasons, why something was changed now, that makes sense down the line. There is a very good reason why the current melee system is called 2.9 and not 3.0. But a quit look into your profile makes it quite obvious, that dramaqueens need to drama.

1. And it's pretty obvious you hardly use your melee weapon.  You could say it's like a sidekick probably, right? Well guns are/were my sidekick. I used them sometimes, when it was convenient. With the changes they made to RMB, this is no longer an option. My play style is every bit as valid my friend.

2. Duh? Aimgliding/Blockgliding are one piece of the whole puzzle. CTRL, Spacebar, double jump, bullet jump, RMB + roll, every single different mechanic is used in parkour. My point was that airborne melee combat cannot exist in any sophisticated way without a proper means of controlling myself in the air. Which is RMB Blockglide. You choose to shoot your gun at things in the sky, I generally prefer the satisfaction of taking them out with my melee weapon. Both are valid.

3. You honestly think angled slams compensate for RMB removal, or as a substitute for movement? Angled slams are useful, I like them, but they only have their niche in which they are actually helpful. EDIT: I misread your comment. You cannot angled slam airborne enemies, you're talking nonsense.

4. Aerial combos are unnecessary when things typically die in one or two slide attacks. I don't need my character goofily suspending itself in the air, pretending like it's Dante in DMC, when the air combat in tandem with parkour was already perfect. If they add anything more, it'll be like angled slams - somewhat useful as another niche tool.

One more Edit: On the topic of attacking things in the air as a melee fighter, here's how it would typically go. Bullet jump + RMB to stabilize myself towards the target. CTRL + Left click  with RMB held to slide attack through it while maintaining my height(with RMB). Oh, it didn't die? 180º my camera, hit my double jump, and repeat Ctrl + Left click with RMB to hit it twice in the same sequence. This isn't as valid as some braindead aircomboing where effectively all I'm doing is spamming LMB? The idea is as lazy as auto blocking.

Edited by Ofeban
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3