Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Revisit: Phase 1 Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

I agree with what a lot of other people here are saying about not being able to manually block. The auto-blocking doesn't feel right. For one thing, I just don't like having control over a character action taken away. Having blocking be automatic makes the game feel like I'm doing less decision-making as a player. Another problem is that blocking feels more finicky and less reliable overall. I also don't like that this was paired with a reduction in blocking angle. I'd prefer to manually control an effective melee block than have an automatic one that doesn't protect me as much. When you think about it, having a dedicated block command makes even more sense now that melee and ranged weapon modes are more blurred together and you're going to be switching back and forth. As it is now, if you want to block, you'll have to perform a single melee swing to get out of gun mode after aim gliding or using your primary or secondary. There are some other more subtle problems too, like not being able to block while gliding, and not being able to parry. Overall, the decisions made just seem to make blocking less reliable and less effective.

I guess the thinking was that you were blocking by just holding down the key or toggling it on anyway, so having blocking always be on wouldn't change much. If that's the case, then arguably there was something wrong with how the mechanic worked to begin with.

Edit:

I forgot about how auto-blocking will interrupt your other attack animations, so that's another significant disadvantage to this system. Also, having your character hold up their weapon while blocking was good as a visual indicator that it was defending itself, and not having that makes me feel less safe. Attacking while holding block was also useful as a method of differentiating combos, and I'm worried that the replacement combos will be more awkward to use.

Whatever happened to merging channeling and blocking, anyway? I was under the impression that people were generally a lot more down on channeling as a mechanic than blocking, so it seems weird to me that the former was the one that was retained.

Edited by Biofractal
I remembered a few other concerns that I had.
  • Like 2

Dear DE!

First things first, I really miss locking into melee mode. It really takes away my style of playing. 

Also, there are a LOT of bugs with this melee rework, like.. A LOT.

weapon swithcing bugged, cannot switch weapons, cannot attack either randomly, or after weapon switch, or after becoming downed. Secondary weapon not usable while downed and lying on the ground. Light effects are way worse than before. corpus maps' lasers on doors are BARELY seeable, grineer lasers also. Valkyr, histeria mode: -claws are barely seeable, like there are no energy effects in the game. Also, when triggering hysteria with valkyr, there SOULD be a redish filter on the screen (valkyr's vision) that is buggy. It is appearing/disappearing/flashing all the time. Another problem is we cannot turn new weapon effects off APART from old effects. WE WANT TO HAVE THAT OPTION! new effects options apart from old effect options. One more thing is, if I equip a weapon in my arsenal, the weapon's effect is floating under/over my hand when im in the orbiter, and the weapon is actually NOT THERE, only its effect! Also, this effect, that is floating under my hand in the place of a non-existant weapon, is totally unseeable or does not apper in missions, when the weapon IS ACTUALLY THERE.

And last but not least, this update cost me -30 FPS, my video card is almost overloaded and its heat level is 70 degrees celsius.
In the old days, I was playing for 4-6 hours, with 70-90FPS graphics on HIGH and my heat level in my video card was AT MOST 45 degrees celsius,
however with this update, I played 20 mins, my fps was AT MOST 59-60 on HIGH settings, and my heat levels raised up to 70 degrees celsius

my video card: ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5

PLEASE start solving these problems

Edited by CMSRadiatioN

Oh no...  This new melee system is horrible!!!  Why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken DE?  Right-clicking now disarms your melee, even if you have no other weapon equipped!  Aim-gliding isn't just used for shooting DE...  I use it for maneuvering as well.  Now when I aim-glide, it auto-switches me to my primary slot - even if I don't have any other weapons but a melee equipped!!!  How annoying! 

No game... NO GAME should EVER... I mean EVER auto-switch your weapons... DE.. Please... I beg of you - just listen to my logic.  How hard is it to hit a key to switch weapons?  Why on earth would anyone think that auto-switching weapons (besides being out of ammo) is a good idea?  It's absolutely ridiculous.  It's broken the game for me.  I've sunk hundreds of dollars into Warframe and now I find it UNPLAYABLE.  Please... at the very least, add an option in the controls section that toggles off the right mouse button weapon switch.  I used to love aim-gliding towards a group of enemies before executing a ground slam...  Not only that, but some combos that require you to use the RMB will actually UNEQUIP your melee weapon after you execute them.  Please DE, give us old-school players a switch in the options to toggle off the auto weapon switching.  It is unbearably annoying.

You have ruined the game for me and I'm sure countless other people.  I can make do with the other changes, even though the ground slams are annoying now as they seem to auto-pilot you into enemies.  This has ruined all of the satisfaction I used to get out of ground slams.  It was easy enough before - why change it?  Why would you lower the skill-ceiling on something like that??  It makes no sense... None of this makes any sense... I hope I wake up tomorrow and this was all just a horrible nightmare.

EDIT:  I have 2763 hours logged on the game - that's over 100 days of my life spent playing Warframe.  If something isn't done about this, I won't be logging any more hours.  The old system is second nature to me.  To change it so fundamentally is going to alienate a lot of players like me.  Just give us the option DE...

Edited by -Bv-shaofutzer
  • Like 4

As a Melee-centric player myself (20-30% guns, 70-80% melee), I have to agree with a couple of recurring constructive feedback/criticism points on the new melee update:

1) Manual Blocking should be brought back!  The new auto-blocking seems to work when it feels like and feels sloppy in actual gameplay. The angle of the block is ridiculously small and narrow now. Making it an automatic "one size fits all" function takes away from the precise dedicated and satisfying melee blocking system we used to have. The new melee looks prettier (audio Fx even sounds better) but feels very generic, sloppy, and less precise now.

2) Being able to slow-mo glide while blocking with melee needs to return!  Aim-gliding with a gun forces you into aim mode and drastically reduces field of view (especially with snipers).  Melee blocking and gliding was very satisfying because it kept your field of view large while gliding, allowing for great placement, and melee strategy (you could slow-mo glide and really put that sword, hammer, or polearm - and yourself - where it needed to go).  New system again removes a lot of that precision and downgrades the awesome feel and flow and flexibility and responsiveness of the old melee down to something more generic and limited (albeit automatic).

Part of the ongoing enjoyment of Warframe was you could get bored with the repetitive missions and tilesets, but you could still enjoy the massively flexible combat mechanics and keep adapting honing and expanding them in new ways (same reason the old repetitive Street Fighter 2 kept you coming back for more) . This was especially true of the old melee 2.0 - the reason it felt so good is because it was precise, dedicated, and you could specialize and develop your own style in it. A tenno who honed his/her melee skills could arguably take on any gun-toting tenno or any game content just as well, and looked darn good doing it. Many times I ran into melee tenno with different styles from my own who took on problems and enemies in very different ways, and it was amazing, looked good, felt good, and was very empowering. It kept me wanting to explore, change, and adjust my melee play style, with very cool and empowering results. (I say "empowering" because like one video review of old I believe DE's aim is to give as much power and control over combat, movement, and flexibility to the player, rather than limiting them, and it truly makes the player feel empowered, and defines the standard of controls for other AAA developers and studios - in this DE has succeeded phenomenally so far, and always catered to user feedback).

The new system by contrast is visually and acoustically pretty, it's easy to use (especially for newcomers) but is generic and much less satisfying in actual gameplay. I find less room to grow, explore, and specialize. I can keep mashing that same melee button and cool stuff will automatically happen, but there's much less of ME and my play style and strategy and depth in it. It gets boring quick, and sometimes frustrating, especially for seasoned players.

The good news is it seems Blocking can be very easily brought back, and the Melee button binding (F on keyboard or hold-Y on controller) is still open and can be brought back to put you back into a more dedicated melee mode - not as easy or automatic to use, but in the hands of any practiced melee tenno extremely liberating, precise, and amazing looking (again, "empowering"). This to me was the end game combat mode that kept me coming back, and it has been unduly nerfed or generalized by the new system. But to me it seems the two can be made to coexist, so please DE bring it back.

Dedicated blocking is critical to bring back.  Whereas the new channelling mechanic is OK, but could also be fully restored via a dedicated melee mode (and again, the two modes could coexist, if DE allows it, making new tenno and gun-toting tenno happy, and skilled melee tenno happy as well). Allowing both would truly expand the combat mechanic and the game, rather than limiting it.  Having both may even set the new standard for all other fps/tps games to follow (no other game currently does it as well and as fluidly as Warframe).

Bring back quick melee as a toggle. I've actively avoided using full melee and combos for the past 5 years because they go against the flow of combat, animations are slow, some type of weapons make you stop for a second due to the third attack.
Quick melee allows for a better gun and melee combination, it's faster and it doesn't move my warframe everywhere as it does combos.

Please, bring back quick melee as a toggle, I don't want others to stop enjoying the new system, I just want to keep playing as I played for the past 5 years.

For me, this new system is slow and unintuitive, and it's not fun.

• Like 1

I said my part in other threats already, but since we have been asked to direct feedback to this post I want to try to present my case one more time in a collected manor. I remember to this day the moment when I found out in the tutorial how to get into melee stance and how awesome it is to block bullets, feeling like a bad ass Jedi. This is what made me fall in love with the game. Over 3000 hours later, I actually set some time aside this weekend to play a little more, reach my goals and the only way I can tolerate the game in this state is to de-equip melee weapons on all my builds. And all of a sudden the game is not special at all anymore and I rather play something else this weekend. As it is apparent from my profile I never felt the need to complain about something this hard before, something went terribly wrong here from my perspective.

The core of the problem is that you sold us this under the premise to unify range and melee mode and why not, I'm not against change. But fact of the matter is we are still working with two distinct different modes, only now I can not control them anymore. A single melee strike or a split second aim-glide will force me in and out of melee mode. F to switch weapons in melee mode puts my sword away instead of switching my weapon as it would in range mode for example. That means I can not be certain anymore what happens when I press F, sometimes I have to press it twice and wait through two animations to get the weapon I want. The mental effort to remember or confirm on the screen by looking if I'm in melee mode or not is a strain, feels clumsy and not fluid at all. Switching to the wrong weapon because the button doesn't do what you expected it to do can kill you, using weapons as the Lenz or other explosives, as happened to me all day. This is my biggest problem with it.

I used to block and channel a lot, but automatic blocking simply doesn't work for me, it's not satisfying and most of the time to late, since I have to switch to melee mode by doing a senseless swing in the air and than wait until the autoblock kicks in, by that time I'm full of holes, bullets wait for no tenno. Channeling was satisfying because you felt like by pressing an extra button you personally give it more power, the toggle does not only not do that but it leads to all sorts of problems like energy drain from automatic blocking. These two systems are useless now, but they prevent the flow of things for the intended unification, so my answer would be either to go back to the old system or leave blocking and channeling on the cutting room floor, scrap them from the game and then the new fluid system will at least work as intended and be coherent. Since you left blocking and channeling in for people like me who enjoyed it, I'm telling you I only enjoyed them before because they were not automatic or on a toggle, that will never work for me, instead I rather play without them but to suffer through this half-baked compromise. I'm sorry to say this, but this is what it feels like to me.

Edited by alexutopia
  • Like 1

Over 6000hrs clocked on steam and the first day I didn't feel like playing after trying the new melee system.

For a lot of players melee is there primary mode of play, certain frames synergise with melee much more than others, and many including myself love the rage + life strike playstyle.

Forcing an autoblock and making channelling a toggle results in this playstyle almost impossible to play. (Channelled blocking drains all your energy when you are simply trying to heal yourself.)

I don't understand why these two changes were made? As far as I can tell the core of the new melee system seems solid, but I cant use the system without the control over blocking and channelling which was such a core element to my gameplay.

Atleast for know please give us a solution?

Thanks.

One issue I'm reporting:

Some guns use Alt-Fire quite a lot, and they don't have a place in this system currently, because Alt-Fire doesn't cause a weapon swap and shoot. Only Fire does. Trying to use Alt-Fire while in Melee mode does nothing. This is true even when Alt-Fire and Channel are on different buttons, which makes me think this might actually be a bug or just an oversight. Without Channel overriding the Alt-Fire function, I would expect Alt-Fire to bring out my gun and use that function.

Other than that, super system, love it to death.

Edited by dragonseth07
  • Like 1

I have an issue when using the fire control option. When attempting to switch from melee to guns, it's rather cumbersome to keep pace as often I will accidentally swing and keep the melee equipped instead of switching to my gun. Is it possible to keep it from doing that? 

5 hours ago, JarodDempsey said:

did you actually try melee'ing while holding the (old) block (aim) button? I thought at first i couldnt do the combos as well but upon attempting to melee while blocking just as i had done preupdate it switched to melee from aiming and aside from that initial bit works exactly the same.

If on controller, your block was either fire or aim and your channel was the other one usually. Unfortunately, our previous concerns about how the new system would fit on controllers seems to have been valid so far; Channel currently doesn't like co-existing with other bindings right now and you can not do air glides or aim at all if your channel is assigned to the same button as aim (which channel has only a few acceptable bindings - Aim, firing, or melee) so while you can muck things and rebind on keyboard to make the new settings work similar to before, this is not currently possible for controller users.

While I adore much of this update including the ground slams feel very on point I can trigger them when I want and have not once triggered it when I didn't so that feels very nice.

Being able to switch from firing my weapon to hitting something with Melee is wonky, as sometimes I actually want Quick Melee, as the stances don't match anything that is usable in that situation, and playing without a stance is a harsh hit when things are balanced on the concept you'll be installing one for the mod point.
I do not know a fix for this and do not envy the one to figure such out.

As for blocking I feel losing Manual Block completely, and more importantly the ability to disable Blocking is a harsh thing that impacts the game in a wide number of ways, namely as my tank frames running hunters adrenaline I don't /want/ to block as I am looking to use the energy loop to stay alive. By blocking with say a sword and a shield 90% reduction when I don't want to is a loss in my energy.

Plus it makes certain mods, namely blocking drawing Aggro and Blocking damage for my allies useless as I can't trigger it when /i/ want to. And worse it can trigger when I don't want it to.

And makes it so I can't aim glide with my block up across larger gaps.

-
Channeling. I like the OPTION to toggle Channeling, I hate the Forced only toggle.
This makes mods like Life Strike and quick tapping for small boost far far more tricky.
Either resulting in using far more energy that intended or not triggering it in time. 
I consider this akin to forcing one to Toggle Aim rather than just hold to Aim. It feels bad and doesn't flow.

Over all this update because of those two factors makes it feel as if combat no longer flows at all as I am often pulling out my gun to aim glide to an enemy to hit them with my melee, and pulling out my gun to do combos. Turning away from enemies so that i can take proper damage or not trigger abilities.

-Lost polearm quick attacks (equipping arch gun as client still lets you use old quick attacks yay!)

-Can't alt fire with guns from melee without wasting a shot or manually switching back.

-Can't aim glide without having to zoom with your gun, worse with snipers. (equipping melee, switching to gun, then back to melee before the animation finishes actually locks you into melee, can't shoot, which lets you aim glide with melee still)

-Auto blocking is super annoying with certain charge attacks, gunblades for example.

-Auto blocking, when you forget you left channeling on and your energy goes poof.

Other than the new slam which is great, It almost feels like just a boost in default holster speed would have been enough.  Now I am forced to autoswap, use combos I may or may not want to use, while at the same time losing some functionality of the current weapon I don't have equipped.  It may just be the new car smell, having to get used it it, but out of the box is seems way more effort is needed to do what was simple before. 

• Like 2

Wow, 

so far this new system feels great 😄 It's very intuitive. Almost weird how much stiffer and more unnecessarily inconvenient the old system seems by comparison😮

There seems to be an issue with bows and switching to melee mode however.

If you press the melee button after firing an arrow, you don't go into melee mode until after you have drawn the next arrow from your quiver (reload animation?). This leads to an awkward delay that wasn't there with the old quick-melee. (old quickmelee used to cancel the arrow draw until you were done swinging).

From what I can tell so far this is the only weapon type with this problem 😮 

Personally, I think the melee swing should have priority over the arrow draw=> Pressing melee button should immediately cancel any "cancelable" animation and start swinging immediately.

Anyways, great job :thumbup:Can't wait for what you guys have in store for the next phases 😄

Biggest problem right now is that F for switching weapons doesn't actually switch weapons while you have your sword out. That alone makes it feel disconnected, as if still switching between different modes. That can not be as it was intended, so if that could actually be fixed so it always switches to the other weapon when I press F, well than I would be a happy camper and you guys can take all the time in the world to address the other issues. Last post, promise :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ZinGrin said:

-Lost polearm quick attacks (equipping arch gun as client still lets you use old quick attacks yay!)

Rebecca's comment about this makes it seem like it will be this way for a little while, but it's not much of a solution. You can't entirely deplete your arch gun's ammo or else you'll have to wait five minutes before you're able to call it again to do more combo-less attacks, and while you have it out you can't use your primary and secondary. 

We need a separate keybind for combo-less attacks, or a toggleable option to disable stance combos (and no, unequipping your stance doesn't work because stanceless attacks are entirely different from combo-less attacks with each of the stances). Though the former is better the latter since you can choose between doing either kind of attack without going through the options menu first.

Edited by Apav

Not much to add about the changes.

Positive : it's looking awesome, and the instant swap is a bliss to strip armor/proc debuffs before smashing. Directional slam is a lot of fun, too, and it seems more responsive than the old one (as valkyr, I can now use my line, and instantly slam somewhere, which wasn't the case before).

Negative : the old blocking system was better, slam attacks are too wides and/or sending enemies too far, removed option to toggle channeling (I prefer toggle but to each his own).

Here is how I would fix controls :

• remove the gun unsheat animation when pressing F in melee mode (or make it skipable by firing/aiming).
  • give us back the melee unsheat key (it was C for me, not sure about anyone else). The animation should be skipable by doing anything.
  • give us an option to make quick melee (E) unsheat or not. Since combos are resumed anyway, I don't think there is a need to enforce it (we can still unsheat with C or long F).
  • put manual blocking back on the melee right click. Primary fire (left click) can still be used to switch weapons if the option "left click melee" isn't used.
  • give us back the option to toggle or not channeling.

There is also two upgrades you could do to make it perfect (I believe) :

• give us an horizontal line in the melee cursor to separate the "slam zone" from the "air attack zone". This line would move vertically with the camera, like in planes.
  • remove the delay after air attacks. It's annoying to get stuck doing nothing when you just jumped in a group of enemies.

TL;DR : mostly old controls (with manual blocking), new controls as options, instant swap stays, nerf slam attacks.

Edited by Sliv
bad english
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, -Bv-shaofutzer said:

Oh no...  This new melee system is horrible!!!  Why did you try to fix something that wasn't broken DE?  Right-clicking now disarms your melee, even if you have no other weapon equipped!  Aim-gliding isn't just used for shooting DE...  I use it for maneuvering as well.  Now when I aim-glide, it auto-switches me to my primary slot - even if I don't have any other weapons but a melee equipped!!!  How annoying! 

No game... NO GAME should EVER... I mean EVER auto-switch your weapons... DE.. Please... I beg of you - just listen to my logic.  How hard is it to hit a key to switch weapons?  Why on earth would anyone think that auto-switching weapons (besides being out of ammo) is a good idea?  It's absolutely ridiculous.  It's broken the game for me.  I've sunk hundreds of dollars into Warframe and now I find it UNPLAYABLE.  Please... at the very least, add an option in the controls section that toggles off the right mouse button weapon switch.  I used to love aim-gliding towards a group of enemies before executing a ground slam...  Not only that, but some combos that require you to use the RMB will actually UNEQUIP your melee weapon after you execute them.  Please DE, give us old-school players a switch in the options to toggle off the auto weapon switching.  It is unbearably annoying.

You have ruined the game for me and I'm sure countless other people.  I can make do with the other changes, even though the ground slams are annoying now as they seem to auto-pilot you into enemies.  This has ruined all of the satisfaction I used to get out of ground slams.  It was easy enough before - why change it?  Why would you lower the skill-ceiling on something like that??  It makes no sense... None of this makes any sense... I hope I wake up tomorrow and this was all just a horrible nightmare.

EDIT:  I have 2763 hours logged on the game - that's over 100 days of my life spent playing Warframe.  If something isn't done about this, I won't be logging any more hours.  The old system is second nature to me.  To change it so fundamentally is going to alienate a lot of players like me.  Just give us the option DE...

I am with you on this, I have not logged since the update, it is simply unbearably unplayable. I thought I was feeling really bad about it and I am glad I am not the only one. I wish they had left melee mechanics how it was, especially blocking and melee weapon unholstering and holstering. I am sorry that we have to experience this.

Channeling toggle still has the same problem it's always had with glaives and power throw, i.e. you have to press the key a second time after triggering the explosion before you can either use regular channeling or trigger another explosion. Also, it didn't seem to crop up due to my personal keybinds but there might be an issue with the defaults when it comes to wielding glaives with single pistols in the case of the ones that have an alt-fire like the Hystrix.

48 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Over 6000hrs clocked on steam and the first day I didn't feel like playing after trying the new melee system.

For a lot of players melee is there primary mode of play, certain frames synergise with melee much more than others, and many including myself love the rage + life strike playstyle.

Forcing an autoblock and making channelling a toggle results in this playstyle almost impossible to play. (Channelled blocking drains all your energy when you are simply trying to heal yourself.)

I don't understand why these two changes were made? As far as I can tell the core of the new melee system seems solid, but I cant use the system without the control over blocking and channelling which was such a core element to my gameplay.

Atleast for know please give us a solution?

Thanks.

the best solution is to give us our melee back as it was, currently it is non existent.

I've just tried out the new melee in the simulacrum with Nikanas, Polearms, and Swords. I think I have a lot of the same concerns as others, but I'd just like to add my voice anyway.

Positives first. The instant switch feels very smooth, and while it's actually a little too quick if anything, I'm sure I'll adapt to that. Ground slams are also a lot better, but with the caveat that it's not clear at which point a slam becomes a regular air melee strike. Perhaps a small marker on the ground, or a crosshair effect, to show when melee at a given time will cause a slam?

The big downside for me is, an awful lot of stances seem to have fixed-momentum combo animations in their default EEE+ chain. Melee actually feels more clunky now since you can quite easily and unintentionally lock yourself into momentum-reducing animations, or even very suddenly come to a complete halt. It's particularly jarring since the rest of Warframe's movement is so smooth and the slam changes are such an improvement.

I'd really love to see EEE+ changed to the old 'quick' melee. Combos are very beautifully animated, and the new effects are gorgeous, but right now it feels more like it's interfering with the flow of gameplay rather than smoothing it.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Tidying up formatting

The new melee system definitely feels smoother, but its gonna take some time to getting used to. However it feels like there's somethings about the system that still make things feel kind of clunky

1. The channel/aim bind conflict seems to be affecting a lot of people, the main issue being that originally aim and channel could be bound to the same key, I believe people would also bind melee to the fire key, and while blocking isn't a bind anymore, people still end up having to have more keys to press, which doesn't really help in improving the smoothness of game play. It also seems like a much bigger problem on controller, but I don't use one so I can't say.

2. Some combos simply don't work. Mainly the ones requiring the right click or hold inputs. For example, its not possible to pull off beyond reproach on nikanas and shoot after the first 3 strikes, I've also never been able to pull off any right click combos without ending up swapping to my guns by the end of the combo.

3. Certain melee animations are just clunky in general. Namely heavy weapons, which attack so slow that it still feels as slow as having to manually switch like before. Not to mention they stop forward movement like Apav mentioned. However certain faster weapons also make comboing while shooting just painfully difficult. Lastly, and this doesn't seem to be a thing other people have noticed so maybe its just me, but trying to melee after firing a bow includes a very noticeable delay, even on the Rakta. I suspect it has to do with the fact that the animation for firing includes drawing another arrow after firing, and then swapping to melee. If you guys could try it out and see if its just me I'd appreciate it.

Just a few smaller things that some people, I among them, would like to be addressed:

• Aim gliding with a melee is impossible. Doesn't really cause issues except that you can't block in midair.
  • Unique quick melee combos are no more, which causes certain weapons to feel very sluggish (cough Polearms cough cough)
  • Certain effects on weapons are agreeably too flashy

A last suggestion of my own is that now that we're able to aim our ground slams I believe spin attacks should also follow the camera. Currently if you spin attack while slide you will attack in the direction you're sliding, but I personally believe it would be better if the spin attack was aimed in the direction of the camera, and seeing as how ground slams now also do that, it makes sense. If others disagree with the idea maybe its just a me thing but I'd much prefer this.

Edited by StormRyder007
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StormRyder007 said:

A last suggestion of my own is that now that we're able to aim our ground slams I believe spin attacks should also follow the camera. Currently if you spin attack while slide you will attack in the direction you're sliding, but I personally believe it would be better if the spin attack was aimed in the direction of the camera, and seeing as how ground slams now also do that, it makes sense. If others disagree with the idea maybe its just a me thing but I'd much prefer this.

That would be great to me. I don't like sliding off the edge sliding to an enemy. Easy enough to jump back before falling but still, being able to readjust trajectory into a group behind you would be nice.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SilviaS12 said:

I am with you on this, I have not logged since the update, it is simply unbearably unplayable. I thought I was feeling really bad about it and I am glad I am not the only one. I wish they had left melee mechanics how it was, especially blocking and melee weapon unholstering and holstering. I am sorry that we have to experience this.

Why, though? Why does having weapons switched, with no animations, for you upset you guys so much? It makes things smoother and faster.