Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

I have a few suggestions for Hildryn.

1. During Aegis Storm the only weapon we can use is Balefire. Please make Balefire automatically activate when Aegis Storm is activated. Having to activate Aegis Storm then also activate Balefire feels awkward and clunky.

2. Give Hildryn the ability to pick up downed players when Aegis Storm is activate.

3. I love the fact that her roll-dodge is a dash, however Aegis Storm is very slow, please allow her to use her dash when Aegis Storm is active, this will give her a little bit of maneuverability while in flight and make Aegis Storm more fun and action packed.

4. When exiting Aegis Storm, Hildryn is automatically equipped with her secondary weapon instead of whichever weapon she had active before Aegis Storm. Please fix.

Other then these things mentioned, I think she is a great frame. Thanks DE.

1st ability : needs faster charge speed damage and area of effect ; rapid firing is still better than charging.

2nd ability : needs to do more damage baseline and returns shields are based on health and shield. also why is the toggle there if the duration is too short ? maybe make it work similar to mag's polorize ?

3rd ability : i love the idea ; i suggest having the damage ramp up the longer the ability is active to have a risk reward aspect.

4th ability : apart from the Cc not being reliable (ennemies break free from it too easily) the drain is too much and using her one. suggestions to fix that either her 1 returns shields on kills or we can fire it for free ; we can cast her 2 in the air.

toxin and slash are her bane ; i have adaptation and steel fiber to help her survive it and yet it's not enough. (of course i have redirection ; shield recharge and prime vigor on)

i hope we get some changes i really like the frame she just need some tweeks; being a designer myself i know it's hard to get thing working on the first try ; Good luck.

• Like 1

So simple, and yet so devastating! Hildren is by far one of my best Warframes. Something about using Shields as an energy pool appeals to me so much. Plus, my mod setup is looking refreshingly different from what I usually run for a change.

Thank you so much for this incredible warframe. Not to mention the synergy she has with other frames like Trinity, Nekros, etc. Amazing Frame! Thank you so much DE for this wonderful edition to the game!

My observations probably echo everyone else's, so I'll try to be brief:

(Un?)Surprisingly squishy. I guess it should've been expected for a shield tank that also uses her shield as energy, seeing as how shields have long been a joke in this game (and then we're using our precious shields up for our abilities and getting nothing defensive in return? Hmmm...) Are we expected to put vitality on alongside redirection and fast deflection to counteract toxin/bleed damage? I don't even need to point out that we don't have the mod space for that. The time it takes for her #2 to return shield is way too long, too.

Very clunky. The worst is casting #4 then #1, but then using #1 outside of #4 is slow for no apparent reason. Her #2 once again takes way too long to affect her shields.

Shield management: Just because she's the first warframe to use shields in place of energy doesn't mean you need to go nuts with draining ungodly amounts of it whenever possible. Her #3 may as well just have the "drains own shields" effect listed in its ability summary because that's all it's useful for. Her #2 takes so long to return shielding, even if you immediately return the 'wave', I'm not even sure it's worth exposing myself in LoS of enough enemies to regain significant shielding, considering that they'll all be shooting at me. So far I've found it better to just hide in a corner and let shield regen do its job because the #2 ability does not. Hiding for shield regen to kick in is actually only about as annoying as pressing 2 every 2 seconds so it's not any worse, and since I actually regenerate shields by doing so it's even better!

Lastly I want to point out this: Garuda isn't meant to be a tank, but she's far tankier than Hildryn even while consuming all her HP to fuel her abilities just because she can do CONSTANT health regeneration. Hildryn first of all needs to ignore ALL damage to HP while shields are up instead of just while under overshield because she consumes her shield (and thus overshield) to power her abilties, making the current method of HP invuln useless. Second of all she needs some way to constantly regen shielding. Preferably some way that doesn't involve mashing the 2 button every 2 seconds (old Nekros style?) The shoulder shields that come out during Aegis and her dash also seem cool, so even though I know it's probably already too late to make this recommendation I would like to recommend that Hildryn gain passive "shield plates" as she consumes shields to feed her powers. Completely invulnerable plates that progressively appear across her body the lower her actual shield gets, temporarily reducing her vulnerabilities instead of increasing them as currently happens. They would persist for a set time instead of disappearing with shield regen. This would reward Hildryn for using powers instead of punishing her as it does now, and once shields are depleted and the 3 second invuln drops she'll still have decent protection while trying to regain shielding, possibly without having to hide.

Edit: Oh and her launcher. I have Gunslinger AND Anemic Agility on to make the charge speed bearable and it's still absolutely useless once the nullifiers start becoming prominent in the Corpus crowd. It underperforms in every way compared to a Staticor and it consumes your shields to do so.

Edited by Sennera
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, FlanShark said:

She's not supposed to be a body-builder, she's supposed to be a strength athlete. These are different body types. You also picked an animation set with laughable, painful looking pelvic tilt. EVERY frame looks potbellied on that.

Even female strength athletes sport a more slender core then Hildryn's current appearance.

In other poses and angles, her core is still too pronounced:
unknown.png
unknown.png

It just needs to be toned in a bit to keep it from popping out. Pelvic twist or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There are several issues with her that a lot of people have all brought up. You can enjoy her (because she honestly does look really fun), but I think you’re definitely over exaggerating how good she is by a large margin.

i enjoy her concept a lot, despite my rather negative thread, i can see her becoming really good with tweaks, but we'll prolly not see them, if at all, till after the weekend

A lot of my own gripes have already been mentioned:

-Baelfire is slow to charge, and even if you charge it slightly it'll still impose a temporary slowdown effect as when charging

-Shield Pillage has no noticeable affect on unshielded targets

-Aegis Storm is slow and you can't use Pillage while active, and should either allow use of weapons, or activate baelfire automatically. It's be nice to be able to dash and use sprint to moving quickly in any direction

--It also needs a slight shift in camera position, since her bulk covers half the screen.

And this feels like a bug. When using Pillage, even though it's a large outward moving wave like Mag's Polarize it has seemingly no affect on distant targets that clearly were hit by it. It also appears to have a line of sight restriction, unlike Polarize.

Edited by barretxiii
  • Like 1

when using aegis storm feels kind of underwhelming being locked into just using balefire, I know that its powerful but would be nice to be able to use primaries, secondaries or even melee while in aegis storm (though the melee part would probably be more useful to the gun blades), other than that seems like she is an ok frame so far, I am sure others people have other observations but for me this is something I would like to see changed up, would really like to use aegis storm with any of the weapons I have in and not just the exalted pistol she has.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There are several issues with her that a lot of people have all brought up. You can enjoy her (because she honestly does look really fun), but I think you’re definitely over exaggerating how good she is by a large margin.

Your such a downer on like everything. We on console, dont even have her yet. The op was thanking de, and even said "my best warframes", which means its their personal opinion... so u needn't even comment if were being honest.

Just forma'd her a bunch and I must say, Shield Pillage is just the WORST currently. For a frame that has very high shields (4700 for mine currently) it feels super bad to get 200 shields back per cast if you're lucky. If not you'll get less back than what you put in. This mind you is with 114 dur/ 160eff/ 124 range and 174% Str. So higher than base across the board, but I get next to nothing back in the way of shields which really are her lifeblood. I have no idea how to sustain her ability to cast things with 2x toggles possible to drain my shields and a pistol that chews through em even faster. 

Feels like i'm always walking around with sub 1500 shields pretty much all the time after a short time in the fights purely because I get almost no benefit from this skill. Compare this to garuda who sustains herself very comfortably using blood wells it's really lacking in power. (I know you can try and shield sustain with arcanes if you have them, but it's just not really that viable to me to spend a bunch of time or plat to be pigeonholed into getting arcane barriers or something just to make her usable.)

Please buff shield pillage somehow, it really needs it

1 hour ago, TKDancer said:

i enjoy her concept a lot, despite my rather negative thread, i can see her becoming really good with tweaks, but we'll prolly not see them, if at all, till after the weekend

Oh definitely. Hildryns a frame that shows great potential and it always sucks when we get a frame like that that releases in such a messy state.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Your such a downer on like everything. We on console, dont even have her yet. The op was thanking de, and even said "my best warframes", which means its their personal opinion... so u needn't even comment if were being honest.

But there’s ALWAYS that one person that completely over exaggerates how good a frame is when they’re released. And it adds nothing.

Now don’t get me wrong. I’m glad the first from of 2019 is something like Hildryn. A unique design with actual clear potential. And I’m glad DE has found new, creative frame designs again.

Its not like Khora where after months of development Hell she released absolutely terribly and it took DE like 2 months to get her to a solid state. And even then she’s very much on the bland side.

But people shouldn’t just be like “This frame is amazing I love it and see nothing wrong it with whatsoever”. You can like a frame (except Revenant) while still seeing and acknowledging the problem with it.

Balefire is pretty much her main damage ability and it needs to be better:

- I see no reason for the movement restriction, honestly it just makes holding the charge annoying, it just makes it more inconvenient to use Balefire over your other guns.

- The blast radius is too small. For regular fire its fine, but the charge shot should increase the blast radius a fair amount. Increasing the charge rate would be welcoming as well.

- Balefire would benefit a lot with increase Fire Rate, it would feel great if it functions more like a buster rather than a clunky charge weapon. As in the Mega Buster, able to do rapid fire by quickly tapping the button, or holding it for a larger, more powerful shot (Or in this case, larger blast radius)

I still need to expend more time with Shield Pillage and Haven.

Aegis Storm, while cool looking, it also restrict movement a bit too much. It needs to hover faster, or as someone mentioned, being able to use your dash while in Aegis Storm. I think Balefire would already feel better in Aegis Storm if the changes I mention were to apply + being able to aim while in Aegis Storm.

Please make her passive to also prevent bleed/toxic effect.

Another final note that I want to point one, and I'll mention it here since it only happens with Hildryn specifically, is that you can't use Vazarin Void Blast, at all, while Hildryn is your Warframe. I know why this was intentionally done, but its mostly annoying than anything, even if Guardian Blast is disabled, Void Blast is just locked completely.

What if I want to use Guardian Blast on teammates? What if I want to use Guardian Shell?. While I understand why Vazarin Void Blast is locked with Hildryn, its just very annoying.

• Like 1

1) As mentioned, by others, its not worth charging

2) Great idea, but at present when i cast it, i cant even tell if its doing anything and thats not a good sign.

3) Another great idea, doesnt seem to do much of anything to the enemy tho and benefits for my teammates seem microscopic, her "support" seems redundant at present.

4) Not experienced the lack of CC others have yet but again her ult feels underwhelming, for what is basically an aoe CC with a visual hover attached that eats shields for breakfast seems a poor tradeoff when i could just shoot the mobs in the face instead.  Also why isnt her 1 activated instantly when 4 is activated given that she cant fire anything else?  Allowing 3 (another shield sucking ability) while in 4 but blocking 2 is not terribly useful and pretty confusing, unless shes meant to be played by constantly going airborne, slamming the ground and doing shield pillage b4 going airborne again in some weird bouncing loop.

Also the worst part, you cant see a blasted thing with 4 active, most of your view is blocked, you cant even aim with your 1 when 4 is active, really really, reaaaaaally need to be able to see what you are doing.

Edited by Methanoid
  • Like 1

I haven't read all posts above me, hopefully it's not been reported many times already 😞

Hildryn cannot channel any melee weapons because she does not have energy to draw upon for that. Shouldn't the shield also be used as a resource for that? Or is that intentional? 

Edited by BratwurstBob

Here's my feedback based on ranking Hildryn up, Simulacrum testing, and general gameplay (Mot included). Please forgive any gaps in knowledge of her kit as she is still fresh out of the oven.

Passive:

• Excellent survivability due to her shield wall and invulnerability phase. Extremely tanky when complemented by Shield capacity, shield recharge mods, and Arcanes.
  • Still need time to test all mod interactions.

Balefire

• Charge times and being slowed to a crawl (and grounded by the action) when charging this weapon could be improved, as well as the slightly annoying speed recovery/delay after every shot. Stats-wise, crit and status not impressive, but its damage output is decent against fodder and the occasional heavy unit via headshot snipe.
  • Seems to sometimes cause significant ragdoll force on living enemies. Pretty Hil-arious when that happens.
  • Still not sure if Aegis Storm + Balefire combo creates a dual wield or is purely cosmetic.

Shield Pillage

• Status cleanse on cast is very useful now that it works for clients.
  • Hildryn's mobile power bank, can't go without it.
  • I like that the pulse is actually an aura that follows her, making her shield dash/roll a good mobility tool to steal from more enemies coming into range/just slightly out of reach.

Haven

• Gives allies a shield capacity bonus that becomes Overshields when out of range. Love me some lasting ally benefits.
  • Seems to inconsistently cause stagger on enemies. Fodder enemies frequently stagger when a beam first links to them and when continuously linked, but heavy units don't seem to stagger at all.

Aegis Storm

• Doesn't actually grant free flight. Hildryn will fall if her energy field isn't touching a surface below her.
  • In this mode, her regular weapons are locked out, and her movement speed is significantly decreased. She has a nice dash built into her parkour manuevers, yet she can't use them when hovering as an attack helicopter... please consider allowing Hildryn to shield dash when in Aegis Storm!
  • Natural Talent doesn't seem to affect the animation speed of her deactivation slam, but it affects her thrusters activation animation. It's a long animation that can make Hildryn very vulnerable to enemies outside her range, and she already has limited mobility in the air.

i think hildryn needs a health scaling on her shield pillage because if enemies have no armor or shields its literally a dead ability. had this case yesterday on a 1h kuva surv and i only relied on arcane aegis+barrier which cant be compared to an ability really. alternatively it needs to account for the original armor/shield stats so that she can even steal if enemies have none. with a 4x cp group for example the ability which is usually her most important aside of haven becomes 100% useless.

baelfire needs some more flight speed and a slightly bigger projectile hit box.

i also found myself never using her 4. gimmicky flight, but it really needs a buff because its probably her most useless right now. maybe give it some more flight speed. also she needs to be able to use her other abilities in that state. shield pillage is way too important for her.

Edited by Xydeth
  • Like 1

1 skill so slow? Just take fire rate mod!

4 skill so slow? its cool! You feel like a helicopter! And mana orbs as a unit!

3 skill gain 200 shield to allies? But he gives you passive to allies!

2 skill? Yes, its realy wrong.

You immortal because of passive? Nox, aura of toxin, infested and slash/toxin sortie wait you!

• Like 1

Shield pillage is presented as an ability that strips shields and armor off of enemies and return them to Hildryn : ok

Now we all can see getting the shields taken as they bump up, what about the armor ? Does the enemies just lose it, if so it's not RETURNING to Hildryn and boosting her further.

Given how little her health pool is and considering how armor works on frame it'd makes little to no difference but if it's not the case, she needs to get that armor on her , have an UI indicator showing how much armor bonus she's sitting on...The armor bonus needs to be permanent.

Cus it looks like to me that the returning armor part isn't clear, and i'm not even sure it's there, on the other side the enemies lose armor and it works fine.

Shield pillage also seems to be affected by LOS,( not 100% sure about that ) it it's the case this is a big NO NO, Mag's Polarize isn't affected by LOS, so shouldn't Shield Pillage. I hope it's an oversight. ( If it's not affected by LOS, disregard this line )

As for the other abilities, the main issues have been covered already anyway :

3rd ability really needs a major boost, giving shields to allies ain't cutting it unless they run Adaptation which is a big unknown variable, a sort of DMG mitigation would be more team friendly and overall useful.

Drain costs nees to be tuned down on both the 3rd and 4th ability.

On a personal note, her 1st needs a total overhaul, primary fire should could be like the RAHN prism ( or the Raplak, Granmu whatever ) and Alt fire ( or CHARGE ) work as it is now...With a major boost in stats in almost every department, starting from charge time to flight speed , status, crit chance, and crit dmg...

And the " it's a 1st ability it's not supposed to be OP or whatever " is a big joke of a statement because Khora and Atlas have the most powerful BURST damaging abilities with a stat stick properly modded that's just ridiculous...( even with no rivens )

Edited by arm4geddon-117
  • Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, arm4geddon-117 a dit :

3rd ability really needs a major boost, giving shields to allies ain't cutting it unless they run Adaptation which is a big unknown variable, a sort of DMG mitigation would be more team friendly and overall useful.

I dont understand, why you need boost for OP ability? 

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

UPCOMING CHANGES OF NOTE:

Hildryn's Main Blueprint is being moved from Vox Solaris' Offering Rank of Shadow (Rank 5) to Agent (Rank 2).

This is coming in a near Hotfx - thank you for your feedback! 

Whiners actually won. I'm not even surprised.

Ok, this is my impression of Hildryn after having played with her and having formaed her and her weapon. 

Balefire:

Chargin shot deals more or less double the damage of the quick shoot attack but costs 3 times the shield. Also, it locks you in a slowed mode that is absolutely unnecessary. I would make it mathematically correct and make it deal 3 times the damage for 3 times the shield usage, and remove the animation locking so that we can actually fluently use it in the fight while bullet jumping around. Also, make the charge time comparable, again, in the time you shoot 3 of them, you should be able to charge one heavy.

Shield Pillage:

Ok so, this ability is very nice but: 

1) needs to be able to be used in her 4.

2) The status clearing must happen as soon as it is deployed and not after the absorption, otherwise, it's less ideal with builds with a lot of duration.

3) It needs to be fixed so that it does not interact with emp aura and corrosive projection, having your team make your life-saving tool work worse just by being there is really bad.

4) Needs to do something against infested, otherwise it's pretty useless and Hildryn becomes non-viable against Infested.

5) Make is just straight based on range and not LoS

Haven:

Some minor fixes

1) Her shield restore is based on duration instead of STR for some reason... which is super weird.

2) The damage dealt too enemies is way too little compared to the drain it requires, it is totally not worth it, so either increase the damage or make it less draining. Nice with allies.

Aegis Storm:

Ok about her 4:

1) She moves too slowly, it would be nice if we could press the run key and move faster than how she moves now.

2) The CC is very nice but the damage dealt is stupid low, pretty much useless, at this point just remove it it's not worth to have it if it contributes to how the ability is expensive.

3)The energy consumption is very high, which would be fine if not for the fact that we can't cast her 2 while using it. I can see how being able to spam it could make it too powerful, but this is an easy fix by making her 2 while using her 4 give less shield or something, like half? No clue, still the total inability to regen your shields while using her 4 makes it very underwhelming as you will have to be careful and deactivate her 4 soon enough or you will remain without shields and kill yourself. 

4) The fact that you can't cast your 2 is made even worse by the fact that you can't use normal weapons. You can only use your balefire ( which is not auto-equipped for some reason, leaving you there hovering without weapons), which consumes shields which you can't regenerate via Shield Pillage. It's completely counterintuitive. So Please let us use our weapons while using her 4. (And also arch-guns pls, you gave us this AMAZING arch-gun, let us use it with STYLE)