Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Okay, time for real feedback about Hildryn's.

Passive:

No need for energy is great in ESO or content that cuts energy regen, nullifies is or a lot of drain is present making Hildryn amazing in this type of content. However, that is the only good thing about this passive. Toxin and Slash still can kill her even with adaptation on. Sure, can 2 can cleanse her from those effects but with how 2 is buggy in terms of LoS, it may be only a waste of shields. Invurnerability period is nice but shield recharge is too slow to allow Hildryn for any proper reengage into fight unless you run Sentinel with guardian mod or arcanes. Getting only 25 shields per energy orb is useless considering the fact that Hildryn can have on average 4k= shields with mods. 

Balefire:

Clunky and not useful weapon. The fact that is slows you down for barely any meaningful dmg is silly. Add to it weird hit detection and we have situations where shots go through enemy doing 0 dmg. Or when shot explodes right next to the enemy and he took 0 dmg for some reason. Get the idea. Also Balefire stats are mediocre. And the fact that the drain per shot is quite high, by using your 1 Hildryn kills herself by using it.

Shield Pillage:

Good ability vs Corpus. Average/Bad vs Grineer. Useless vs Infested. And scaling per enemy that scales with power strengh. Remove LoS requirement. Or fix it. Nothing is worse than not getting shields despite having enemies around. Adding flat scaling per enemy would make her 2 actually somehow usable vs Infested. Atm her 2 is not worth using vs 2 out of 3 factions in the game.

Haven:

I would understand damage not being high if the utility was amazing. But the shield recharge even with 200%+ strengh is slow, shield given is nothing. Yes, 1200 that you can give to allies is nothing because you need to stand near them for a bit to fully give it to them. And count the fact that shields are broken and mostly useless defensive mechanism. The drain per enemy and ally is too big to make this ability worth keeping on. Oh, and when playing solo this ability does absolutely nothing outside of boosting shields of your sentinel or pet ( Dont even use pets with Hildryn. Just dont )

Aegis Storm:

Fix the elevation detection of this ability so I can actually CC enemy in front of me but slightly above / below me. This ability as her 1 feels clunky, slow and makes Hildryn easy target for the enemy. As I mention in one of the previous posts, why Rhino, Nezha or even Vauban can CC enemies like Hildryn while not being restricted to LOS, not having their other abilites disabled, guns taken etc. Energy orb generation is too slow to even consider this part of ability useful. And dmg of this ability is not even that good oustide of starchart. Also, why can't we use Shield Pillage while Aegis Storm is active? Why can we use our 1 and 3 to drain our shields EVEN FASTER and die faster? Why are we allowed to kill ourselves in this ability? Why her 1 is not automatically activated in this ability when we cant use our guns in it? There is so many things bad in this ability that questions what the word "powerful" even means, regarding newewst post from DE about Hildryn. Oh, and we are we getting another way to kill ourselves even faster with added dodge for shield cost?

Personal opinion:

I love Hildryn. Love her design, visuals, sound but it pains me seeing her so... unpolished in her current state. She has such a potential to be amazing or at least decent but there is so many things that holds her down. I was playing Hildryn nearly exclusively since she came out. I hope we will receive a lot of suggested in this thread buffs and QoL changes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lodestrike said:

She just feels so limited to use IMHO, but I love her she's fun. Just these things kinda annoy me while im playing her.

At least 3 of these abilities should synergize at all times. ;-; depending on how you build her, not just 2 because it's too specific. You can go Eff/Range/ or Pwr Str/Eff trying to squeeze in having decent range and good pwr str for balefire's fire radius because it is not very good when it comes to scaling. Maybe make balefire damage scale better somehow, I should 1 shot those winter spoders for toroids and have huge aegis an pillage effectiveness.

I also still think you should Remove her health pool entirely and give shields slight buff if efficiency is gonna be so bad and you cant get good duration with good efficiency. Like wut and make the augur mods work.

Thanks. ❤️

I know your feelings. I love Hildryn's design, visuals and concept but it saddens me that her abilites dont synergize with themselves very well which makes her clunky to use and makes her less enjoyable to play. Give my bae Hilde some love. Pls DE ❤️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LEGION346 said:

I know your feelings. I love Hildryn's design, visuals and concept but it saddens me that her abilites dont synergize with themselves very well which makes her clunky to use and makes her less enjoyable to play. Give my bae Hilde some love. Pls DE ❤️

Yeah I smell a Hilda overhaul already oWo

il y a 14 minutes, LEGION346 a dit :

( Dont even use pets with Hildryn. Just dont )

I agree with everything but that. Raksa pays for herself. And not dies under 3/

At the moment, I don't feel like I'm paying for my abilities at all, unless I'm under heavy fire.

Révéler le contenu masqué

4efe8736122dbef66caff457a8481e77.png

Edited by zhellon

Okay, some proper feedback after buying her from Day 1. Throwing multiple forma on her and using her during the majority of my Orb fissure runs.

Before reading this input. Know that for beginning players, that barely have any mods and working their way through the starchart enemies, this frame does well enough. It's only when you get to higher enemy levels, compare to other warframes, or seek more utility, that the problems become more apparent.

Balefire: With how slow it fires, the status chance should be higher. Everyone is asking for crit stats on it, I don't think that's as important. The damage is extremely high and does fine already, in my opinion.

Pillage: is great. As others have pointed out however, it has almost zero effect on infested enemies. That's an entire faction where an ability doesn't do anything. It also has less effect on low level grineer units (not much armor to steal) or when the squad brings armor stripping abilities or multiple members bring corrosive projection.

The damage from her 3 and 4 (Haven/Aegis storm), is barely noticeable on enemies after level 50. In my opinion, the damage could be completely removed from both abilities and they'd be better off. When you play at higher enemy levels, the extra drain is a burden, when you don't see much utility from the extra - but low damage output.

Aegis storm: I have two major problems with this ability (as a more "Veteran player"). One, the viability of crowd control as a solo player. Two, the inability to use any weapon aside from Balefire while it's active. IF, you're playing solo or far away from your squad, the crowd control aspect of this ability sucks. You can barely move while using it, the base radius seems too low, you can't do much while in this state, after "uncasting" - enemies recover about the same rate you do. The crowd control aspect only works if you need to stall quickly for time. There are many other Warframes available, that can hard CC a crowd of enemies and still be mobile, while also using their weapons. Rhino's stomp, Nezha's spears, Vauban's bastille, Frost's avalanche, Khora's Strangledome, Volt's discharge. While these abilities don't provide energy orbs for teammates, they do allow the frame to stay mobile and use their normal weapons.

If I could suggest some changes:
Balefire - increase base status chance.
Pillage - give an effect when casting on infested enemies.
Haven - remove enemy damage or decrease the drain per enemy in some way. Ideally, have it provide some additional crowd control in some form.
Aegis storm - allow other weapons to be used besdies Balefire. After de-casting, force enemy recovery to take at least 2-3 seconds longer than Hildryn to provide some crowd control when playing solo.

5 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Reveal hidden contents

4efe8736122dbef66caff457a8481e77.png

Sentinels offer those two mods 

Sentinels also stay near you, with now weapons dont attract aggro. I see how those 2 mods posted by you could be useful, but sentinels offer the same and probably more.

• Like 1

il y a 1 minute, LEGION346 a dit :

Sentinels also stay near you, with now weapons dont attract aggro. I see how those 2 mods posted by you could be useful, but sentinels offer the same and probably more.

Just try. Ten-second CD of the Raksa will surprise you.

20 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Like Nova, the radius of the ability depends on the duration

Without that duration, 2nd ability is still as far reaching as 3rd or 4th ability. Upwards to 4 seconds delay instead of instant when you still need complete hitbox line of sight to each target, doesn't add up to much with excess range, especially when they have to stay alive in that time for you to get the effect.

il y a 5 minutes, SnowyGreyish a dit :

Without that duration, 2nd ability is still as far reaching as 3rd or 4th ability. Upwards to 4 seconds delay instead of instant when you still need complete hitbox line of sight to each target, doesn't add up to much with excess range, especially when they have to stay alive in that time for you to get the effect.

Even so, I pointed out that instead of understating the duration, you can just press the button a second time. 2 still useless even with 13% of the duration. I already wrote about this, Raksa and mysticism provide a larger increase, and supershield still do not hold more than 1 second at high levels. A very handy thing in a slice of the armor, but I'd rather the Nyx will take to do this. The rest, turned it in the 2nd ability is pointless, especially when 13% duration and 175% efficiency you will still spend more energy on the stream skill.

On 2019-03-08 at 5:43 PM, Flex238 said:

I have a few suggestions for Hildryn.

1. During Aegis Storm the only weapon we can use is Balefire. Please make Balefire automatically activate when Aegis Storm is activated. Having to activate Aegis Storm then also activate Balefire feels awkward and clunky.

2. Give Hildryn the ability to pick up downed players when Aegis Storm is activate.

3. I love the fact that her roll-dodge is a dash, however Aegis Storm is very slow, please allow her to use her dash when Aegis Storm is active, this will give her a little bit of maneuverability while in flight and make Aegis Storm more fun and action packed.

4. When exiting Aegis Storm, Hildryn is automatically equipped with her secondary weapon instead of whichever weapon she had active before Aegis Storm. Please fix.

Other then these things mentioned, I think she is a great frame. Thanks DE.

These are great suggestions and I would love to see these changes for Hildryn. I would only tweek one thing and that is the automatic equip of Balefire during Aegis Storm...now I like the idea with the option to hit 1 during the skill to un-equip Balefire. Basically using Aegis as a lock down skill where your team can clean up enemies...just a thought. Thank you DE on another great frame. :)

Edited by Maj.Havok

3 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

UPCOMING CHANGE

Hildryn will be able to dodge while in Aegis Storm by drawing power from her Shields.

Here's a preview:

Thanks again for your feedback everyone!

In its current state Aegis Storm isn't powerful enough to justify having an energy cost to move. You're a sitting duck in the air, base movement is very sluggish, and Hildryn lacks any damage resistance powers. 

Aegis Storm really needs faster base movement and movement speed scaling with power strength, plus some way to mitigate incoming damage from being in the air where everyone can shoot you in the face a lot. It should also buff Balefire since Balefire's the only weapon you can use while in Aegis Storm.

Just give her a normal redirect of the toxin and slash. That's all I want from her to be my # 1. The rest of the problems I can solve with equipment.

I don't even know what to offer in return. Even if it is +500% toxin damage and procs slash. But it is a fact that health must remain intact when shields are raised.

Edited by zhellon

Baelfire:

1. Baelfire slows movement too much to justify the also slow charge speed.

2. Baelfire needs an increase to crit chance and a slight increase to status chance.

3. A nice QOL change for Baelfire's description should be "Fires bolts of energy" instead of "Shoots bolts of fire" or just simply change the base damage to fire type.

4. INCREASE CHARGE SPEED.

5. decrease the cost per shot from her shields by like 10% or 15%, using a weapon that drains 30+ shields per shot or more depending on the charge PLUS taking damage from enemies does not work well together.

Shield Pillage:

1. Why can this ability NOT be used in tandem with Aegis storm, this really makes her feel super clunky and sets her up for failure if her shields hit 0 inside of aegis storm, the drain is pretty big

2. The range has to be increased, this is supposed to be her main source of survival but also how she can maintain her abilities on top of not dying, I'd say increase the range from 8 meters to 12 meters at base.

3. please remove the LOS issues with this ability.

4. This ability has a large loop hole in terms of how it affects health vs shields vs armor, a quick suggestion I'd say is to make shield pillage affect Shields+armor or armor+health, or health by itself all the same with a base amount that applies to all types across the board, that way she can be viable against all factions, and not 100% useless vs the infested. (DO not get rid of the armor and shield stripping effect of this ability, it gives hildryn massive utility in terms of making her weapons and baelfire hit harder.)

5. I recommend instead of shield pillage giving her a status proc cleanse, it instead gives her a 6 second buff that is affected by duration mods that makes her immune to all status procs that damage health directly, EX: slash, toxin, gas.

6. reduce the cost by 25% to use this ability

Shield Haven:

1. This shield has good support for the team but it feels like it lacks some sort of self utility buff for hildryn, maybe per ally you have linked you gain like... 10% damage reduction for yourself only, so if you have the link connected to all 3 of your other team mates you get a 30% damage reduction.

2. the damage of this ability either needs to be removed and just turn this ability into a HARD cc ability which staggers enemies every second which would justify the high drain per enemy linked, or make the damage % based off of the rate her shields are draining, or per enemy connected EX: if you are connected to 5 enemies you get 25% more base damage affected by power strength of course, so at base with no mods 5 enemies would give you 125% more damage for this ability.

3. increase the range of this skill from 15 meters to 20 meters at base to incentivize more use of this skill and to mod for range if you wanted to play more support with buffs and AoE damage possibly.

4. if nothing is changed about this ability then at least reduce the cost by like 25 or 30%.

Aegis Storm

1. I see a movement speed tweak is coming in the form of a dash, but I would still increase the base movement speed slightly.

2. this ability needs to drain less shields per enemy connected in the CC, this would help alleviate the heft costs, maybe 15-20% less per enemy.

3. when you use baelfire in aegis storm she pulls out two of them, WHY is this only cosmetic, this should produce at least some sort of akimbo bonus, like more damage, fire rate or something, or make it literally have its own instance of damage.

4. Remove the height cap in certain areas and give her a stronger damage buff the higher she is, maybe slightly increase the CC range also, not sure by how much though. Give her slam attack some sort of damage buff, or remove the damage and just make it a big stun effect.

5. STATED BEFORE: you need to be able to use shield pillage in tandem with this ability to increase her skill synergy immensely, this cannot be stressed enough.

6. when I first saw aegis storm i literally thought besides baelfire you would be able to use all of your weapons besides maybe melee, this has to be changed, its pretty clunky for combat.

HILDRYN MISC CHANGES

1. her shield pool needs to be increased to the equivalent of Inaros health pool, this would give her more survivability and a lot more shield pool to work with.

2. Besides her passive giving her immunity to health damage while having overshields, and her passive that gives her shield gating/immunity to damage when 0 shields, I feel like the larkspur should have a heavily reduced cool down on top of the increased ammo when used on Hildryn.

3. Possibly make energy orbs restore more shields instead of a 1:1 ratio make it 1:3 so each orb restores 70 shields on top of skipping the shield recharge delay.

4. Only other thing i can think of is maybe work in a method to cause energy mods like flow, rage, augur sets, etc still affect her shields in some way, maybe at a decreased amount compared to other frames with a normal energy pool.

My over view of Hildryn is that she is a great concept with a lot of potential, but she needs pretty decent tweaks to become more fluid and consistent during game play.

Edited by Vahnstahd
typo
  • Like 2

I'm also finding myself to have real issues with toxin and alsh procs. Unlike mag for example that can cast her 3 and cc the whole room  and in the meantime cast her 2 ecc ecc and try not to get hit, hildryn acts like a tank getting a ton of overshield just to be instakilled by a nox or grinniers with slash procs. Yes, we can cast the 2 for it, but the damage we receive is too fast and will either almost kill us or straight up kill us leaving  us with no health and all the shields. Can we have the shieldgating mechanic include these ? you can not just get health damage until your shields are down ? because seirously she gets destroyed by a single mutalis ospring ( and no, we don't make in time to press the 2 as it only removes status on the way back )

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Aleksi134 a dit :

Hildryn isnt powerful enough, i find it funny that DE thinks she is powerful in her current state. Her shield drain is just too much especially because you cant recover shields in her 4th ability.

That's the problem. Starchart, she's godly because shields are hard to get through for low level enemies and her 3's and 4 damage kills stuff. But no one cares about that and she shouldn't be balanced around that.

Move away from low levels and she scales like garbage and showcases perfectly just how bad shields are.

1 minute ago, SSI_Seraph said:

That's the problem. Starchart, she's godly because shields are hard to get through for low level enemies and her 3's and 4 damage kills stuff. But no one cares about that and she shouldn't be balanced around that.

Move away from low levels and she scales like garbage and showcases perfectly just how bad shields are.

I do agree, on starchart she is godly, enemies can't get through shields and her 3 damage is even enough to kill everything even with not that much str. which is ludicrous. At sortie level instead her shields go down in an instant, even with adaptation, slash and toxin deal so much that it kills us in 3 seconds flat and her 3 is mostly useless. Hildryn mechanics are super cool, but she is not strong. IF anyone wants to see go and do solo sortie 2 of right now. I'ts grinnier mobile defence. Those slash procs and toxin will kill you instantly; EVEN if using the 2. It simply does not make in time. They should add a 6 second window of slash and toxin immunity to her 2. Or maybe just make her passive redirect slash and toxin damage to the shields. 

il y a 4 minutes, SSI_Seraph a dit :

in high lvl we have invincibility for the team. Shields very quickly restored, you just do not notice it, because now there was a lot of mechanics to restore health.We have good CC. We have not good 2, cutting armor, but we have it! If you don't count some bugs, her skills are already perfect. Now the problem is, just two status, which it should not touch, because the main enemy should be a magnet. Realy, 

I think the consensus here is pretty clear in terms of what Hildryn needs overall, but I'd like to suggest one other thing to add as a passive.

Can we please make dashing (dodge rolling) with Hildryn ragdoll weaker enemies? What's the point of having a lunging dash animation with shielded thrusters if you can't absolutely clothesline some fools with it?!

Also I agree, status buffs should affect her shields instead of health. eg: Viral cuts shields in half, slash and toxin do damage over time to shields, etc... With how hard acquiring her is supposed to be and considering she seems have tech used from arachnoids and orbs, her shields really should protect her health from status effects since those enemies also have that feature.

Edited by notHunky

il y a 3 minutes, notHunky a dit :

What's the point of having a lunging dash animation with shielded thrusters if you can't absolutely clothesline some fools with it?!

Because it's just cool? Well, horizontal movement instead of rolling gently hints at its clumsiness.

Edited by zhellon

il y a 6 minutes, zhellon a dit :

in high lvl we have invincibility for the team. Shields very quickly restored, you just do not notice it, because now there was a lot of mechanics to restore health.We have good CC. We have not good 2, cutting armor, but we have it! If you don't count some bugs, her skills are already perfect. Now the problem is, just two status, which it should not touch, because the main enemy should be a magnet. Realy, 

I'm talking about DE perception about her. Like she's some godly tank. She's not.
She has some good utility via the gating but that's about it and is ruined but the stupidly high enemy drain that does nothing for her at higher lvls.

The armor strip is intentionally gated by making it remove missing armor/shields while staying useless vs infested.

Balefire is not even worth charging and that's just simple math they should have done. 

and her 4 is definetly not as powerful as Reb made it out to be.

She has some good basis but needs major buffs and changes to meet her full potential.

Edited by SSI_Seraph
  • Like 1

il y a 13 minutes, SSI_Seraph a dit :

Like she's some godly tank.

Well, personally, I want it to be a good tank. The game has so many DPS characters, including the pacifist (he-he), that why not

For example, 2 frost abilities are also useless, but that does not cease to be one of the top tanks when it comes to objects. And abilities Inaros needless to say, they're all trash. At the moment we have only one fun tank, it is nidus, which is more effective in solo. So, personally, I'm willing to drop damage in favor of the team and fat for myself

By the way, for reference, at the moment armored of nidus with maximum resists that even possible to hang yourself able to tank 17кк damage. Of course, Hildryn are far from it. Very far, but the invincibility option is greatly increased as a tactical tank.

Edited by zhellon

5 minutes ago, SSI_Seraph said:

I'm talking about DE perception about her. Like she's some godly tank. She's not.
She has some good utility via the gating but that's about it and is ruined but the stupidly high enemy drain that does nothing for her at higher lvls.

The armor strip is intentionally gated by making it remove missing armor/shields while staying useless vs infested.

Balefire is not even worth charging and that's just simple math they should have done. 

and her 4 is definetly not as powerful as Reb made it out to be.

She has some good basis but needs major buffs and changes to meet her full potential.

yes about balefire, seriously they didn't do the math there XD charged deals 2x damage but costs 3x and takes more time to shoot and you also move slowly, not worth at all.

More than buffs she needs some tweaks imo. 

TWEAK 1) slash and toxin procs do not bypass armor as part of her passive. They deal damage to the shields.

TWEAK 2) gives a small DR not moddable to the shield you buff your allies with. Something small like 30%.

TWEAK 3) Her 2 and 3 NOT LOS

that's the most pressing for now i think

Edited by Jeancly