Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

passive: there is a bug where toxin or slash ignore the shield gate mechanic this pretty much renders her passive useless if this is ignored

balefire: give it a 5m blast radius and 20% status/crit so the damage against higher leveled or high armored enemies won't render this exalted secondary useless. Alt fire should be a 3 shot burst instead of a primary charge.

shield pillage: ability needs to go thru walls and be usable in aegis storm  

haven: damages enemies by 1% of their shield or health and Hildryn's overshields will be sent to her teammates instead (ex. if i had 1200 overshields my teammates will get extra 400 and so on)

aegis storm: remove the height limit to her hovering that depends on the ground she is hovering over (hovering over a hole or a pit will force you to descend immediately) , auto equip balefire while giving it twice the rate of fire since its dual wielded and enable her dodge. 

Edited by KenthNisshoku
  • Like 1

I've given Hildryn some time and forma over the weekend and I have to agree with most of the posts in this thread, she needs some serious tweaks. I ran her through a sortie, max level bounties on both Vallis and PoE and lastly ESO. I really love her concept but I never felt like she actually brought anything useful to completing the missions, she was just a platform for carrying my weapons. It's also really frustrating to play her against Grineer and Infested. 

Balefire - The launcher is really cool but it's usability drops of really fast with levels. I have dumped a few forma in mine and it's still not even close to as good as many other secondaries which makes pushing the button feel like both an offensive and defensive downgrade. Each shot might cost a bit to much as well.

Shield Pillage - The armor pillage-to-shields at 1:1 is far to low, which is a huge problem. Either way, this really need to work on all types of enemies for Hildryn to feel even remotely OK. It's not cool to have a frame be practically useless against two thirds of the factions in the game.

Haven - I think this is a cool ability visually and conceptually but it does not do enough to warrant it's cost. The shield drains is waaaay to high, the damage is waaaay to low and/or the buff to allies is waaaay to small.

Aegis Storm - Almost exactly the same critique as Haven. I really think it's a super cool ability but it just does not do enough to warrant the cost and risk in using it. The drain is also way to much, especially if the restriction on using Shield Pillage in this mode remains.

I'm pretty sure Hildryn can become super cool with some tweaks, I think conceptually she's awesome - the execution just need some big number tweaks.

Edited by iNemeq
  • Like 2

I have to say, Hildryn is the first frame in a long time that i actually like. Last one was Ivara. I love her tanking style and that she actually uses a different kind of modding meta for once.

PASSIVE:
Her passive feels great, but the ingame description could need some work. I didnt know that there is actually a damage threshhold or that her overshield completely blocks damage to health until i read that wall of text on the wiki page. Also, how high ist that Threshold?

BALEFIRE
A great weapon, the only thing i would love to see gone here is the "slowdown" while charging. It feels a bit wonky when moving.
Also switching back should remember which weapon you had used. Usually it switches to my Pistol when i disable it.

SHIELD PILLAGE
Could need some love to be usable against Infested too, as they have no Armor and no Shields. it also has issues against armor as the stolen value seems to be 1:1, which means that armor refills not really much at all EDIT as shown here

HAVEN
Just great, feels nice to support the team, especially the squishy "i dont need shields" frames. Would be nice if it would also kickstart their shield regen.

AEGIS STORM
Has a few issues with height difference. Even though the field is shown, enemies below you (like down some stairs) are usually not affected.

BONUS
She gave me a reason to use a Moa! With 5800 Shield those weaklings can actually survive for a while!

Edited by LazerusKI
  • Like 1

I've got some decent usable data now, and I have to say, Hildryn is looking very good in my opinion. She doesn't do any one thing better than any other frame, but the keyword here is that she's a rock-solid generalist.

TL;DR She's great at any stage of difficulty under level 150, and the majority of her power comes from using her Balefire and armor strip in tandem. Solid damage/support frame that works great solo.

Stats:

Hildryn (3 Forma)

- Dur: 75% | Eff: 50% | Range: 235% | Pow: 210% [Arcane Resistance] [Arcane Reflection] (Would slot Barrier if I had it, but it's not necessary)

Balefire (4 Forma)

- Heat/Corrosion Pure Damage Build (No crit/status)

I took her through today's sortie (Void exterm, +armor) without going down, up to Zone 7 in ESO, through an arbitration, and in the Thermia event, all solo, and all very effectively. I only went down from careless mistakes (walking into a venom cloud, etc). Balefire has proven a very valuable and viable weapon to me. I'm prepared to say that she is a good choice for ANY content that isn't treading into hyper-levels you wouldn't see in normal gameplay.

To start, it's important to understand how she works. There seems to be some debate on what her Shield Pillage does in the forum, so let me clear it up: It's a drain on shield and armor, removing them both based on her power strength, and on current value. Both shield and armor drain fill your shields. Using the stat numbers above, every time I press 2 on my keyboard everything within 19 meters loses half of their defenses and I max out my shields. This is so potent that you don't need shield recharge, past level 30 (shield gains are based on defenses drained, so the stronger the better). The only faction she truly struggles against, in this light, is infested, as armor is rare on them, and shields moreso.

This leads to the main combat cycle for her: Air glide, 2, land, air glide, balefire. Everything you do needs to be done either in the air or while gliding. Air superiority is a godsend with explosives, and Balefire is no different. Plus, it mitigates some of the movement delay you get from shooting, a fallout of her charge-up mechanic. You open with 2, to drain enemy defenses and "reload" Balefire. If you've modded for power and range, this is devastating.

Her ult is debatabley useful. It's very good in a pinch, but as you raise your elevation, your enemy stun range decreases. You deal more damage, as well, but it's not very high damage. There is potential to make a range based loadout, and provide CC and tons of energy orbs to your teammates, but this isn't useful for a solo player. When putting her 4 in your combat cycle, use it in bursts. Not being able to use 2 while in your ult is annoying, but not a deal breaker - it's a soft time limit, is all.

Her 3 is what I would consider her weakest link. Shield gained from your 2 doesn't benefit your allies at all, and 2 is what makes her so tanky. Regenerating all of your shield on demandis great, but when you can't give that to your allies, the extra shield buffs are... good, but not worth tethering yourself to someone, unless you're near a defense target, where people will stand still. It may be good in a panic, because your shield-gate passive IS transferred, but you'll need to be careful and mind the Line of Sight check.

All in all, I'd call Hildryn a very solid DPS/Support frame, with just enough of each to make her a viable pick even though what she brings to the table isn't the best in class of anything. Her kit lets her do anything you need to in this game (except perhaps eidolon hunting), with or without friends.

If I could recommend anything to tweak her, it would be that her 3 feels under powered. Perhaps if shields regained from your 2 is transferred over the link on some percentage, it would be better. Her influence on the team is negligible, and her debuffs on enemies may not cover every nook and cranny. The movement problem on her 1 may be remedied simply by either making it always there, or never there. The inconsistency, I think, is what makes it annoying and problematic. Besides QoL things and some tweaks to how she interacts with teammates, I'd say she's a pretty complete package. Her 1-2 Punch combo of Shield Pillage and Balefire makes quick work of any problem I threw at her, and if a particular heavy enemy is being problematic, that's what melee is for.

8/10

P.S. Not having energy means total liberation from Parastic's and Energy Leeches. That feeling alone is worth playing her at least for a while. Kind of like Atlas and his knockdown immunity.

Edited by MangeurDuPiscine
Added P.S.
  • Like 1

My Hildryn feedback for Danielle and Digital Extremes.

Hildryn needs some way to deal with status effects that ignore shields, such as Toxin and Slash procs. Keeping my overshields up, having them disappear a few seconds later, and dying to a toxin proc after that feels horrible for a tankier frame. My suggestion would be to simply have those effects damage Hildryns shields instead of health as a passive effect.

Shield Pillage does not give Hildryn shields versus low armor and low shield targets. This includes the Infested, low level enemies (in general), and Grineer enemies vs a 4 Corrosive Projection squad. I shouldn't feel bad for running Corrosive Projection in my build, but I do because Shield Pillage takes away armor to give Hildryn shields. Once the armor is gone, I can't gain shields anymore, and that feels bad. Shield Pillage needs to give Hildryn shields vs enemies that have no armor and shields. My suggestion would be to add some level of health scaling to Shield Pillage so even vs enemies with no armor and shields it would still be useful.

Shield Pillage also has a line of sight requirement that I believe needs to go. Shield Pillage is a utility skill that restores Hildryns shields and makes surrounding enemies weaker. You aren't going to clear a room of enemies by spamming Shield Pillage, regardless of your power strength and range. A line of sight requirement does more harm then good for a utility skill like Shield Pillage.

Havens damage component seems unneeded and wasteful for a couple of reasons:

1: The damage itself is low and not worth the shield cost per enemy.

2: The drain when Haven affects enemies is too high. I try to stay away from enemies while Haven is on to both keep me alive, and continue to keep Haven on my allies. I shouldn't feel like I have to stay away from enemies to keep my shields up and Haven on.

I would prefer for the damage component of Haven to be removed entirely. If that can't happen, the Drain per Enemies should be lowered significantly. An initial suggestion would be to put the Drain per Enemy rate (25) at the same value as the Drain per Ally rate (5).

Aegis Storm has little use outside of emergency crowd control and energy orb generation. Increasing the Balefire Chargers damage while in this form would give more incentive to use it, and justify the limited mobility and height restriction placed on it.

48 minutes ago, IAmPhase said:

Hildryn needs some way to deal with status effects that ignore shields, such as Toxin and Slash procs. Keeping my overshields up, having them disappear a few seconds later, and dying to a toxin proc after that feels horrible for a tankier frame. My suggestion would be to simply have those effects damage Hildryns shields instead of health as a passive effect.

Shield Pillage clears all status effects, you're supposed to use that to deal with toxin and slash procs. I agree with the rest, though.

il y a 5 minutes, motorfirebox a dit :

Shield Pillage clears all status effects, you're supposed to use that to deal with toxin and slash procs. I agree with the rest, though.

the toxin deals damage through the shield without status. If you are playing from player status, you know this and apply more often against the Corpus than gas.

Edited by zhellon

Dear developers

I have a problem on hildryn,I found that the toxic and slash dot can cross the shield and damage health, but according to devstream https://youtu.be/jKcRX2iv9TE?t=1686 and wikia,  "Overshields and shields EACH possess a damage threshold", it shouldn't be like that right? So is it bug or I misunderstand something?

P.S. sry for my poor English >< and thanks for bringing us hildryn, it's really cool

Edited by macrosoftoven

il y a 11 minutes, macrosoftoven a dit :

Dear developers

I have a problem on hildryn,I found that the toxic and slash dot can cross the shield and damage health, but according to devstream https://youtu.be/jKcRX2iv9TE?t=1686 and wikia,  "Overshields and shields EACH possess a damage threshold", it shouldn't be like that right? So is it bug or I misunderstand something?

P.S. sry for my poor English ><

only supershield (overshield) have shieldgate now, and it trash. Maby i dont understand, but slash and toxin ignore overshield and damage shield? And if he no have overshield, toxin and slash ignore shield and damage hp? This of course healthy, but I'd rather they damily just ordinary shields. If it's too you can nerf invincibility up to 1-2 seconds. 1 second is enough to leave the operator and save yourself. At least 2 schools give a good respite.

Edited by zhellon

7 minutes ago, zhellon said:

only supershield (overshield) have shieldgate now, and it trash. Maby i dont understand, but slash and toxin ignore overshield and damage shield? And if he no have overshield, toxin and slash ignore shield and damage hp? This of course healthy, but I'd rather they damily just ordinary shields. If it's too you can nerf invincibility up to 1-2 seconds. 1 second is enough to leave the operator and save yourself. At least 2 schools give a good respite.

I missed something , that 3 second  invincibility isn't work while the dot cross the shield and damage your heath, which means you will die easily against  Toxic Ancient

Edited by macrosoftoven

il y a 9 minutes, macrosoftoven a dit :

I missed something , that 3 second  invincibility isn't work while the dot cross the shield and damage your heath, which means you will die easily against  Toxic Ancient

If they damage only the standard shield, this problem will disappear. But Hildryn will be completely immortal, which is also not good for the gameplay. So 1 second of invincibility, but under this a normal shieldgating in my opinion a better option. At least from the player will depend more than now.

So, I spend my money on the Hildryn collection to find out that she is useless against a whole enemy faction: The Infested.
No words to describe my anger..
It makes me speechless, every time I press 2 in an Infested mission.
DE pls fix this. This is an absolut no go!

Some feedback: 

BALEFIRE - I think it would be better if the HOLD/CHARGE ability works like Ash's ultimate and marks enemies. Releasing sends off a MIRV payload which splits into several missiles, one for each enemy.

SHIELD PILLAGE - should be castable when ability 4 is active.
Should drain infested effects for energy, disabling them temporarily. Drain should include auras, mosquito clouds, toxin clouds, ground vomit.

HAVEN - Should be castable while 4 is active. Seems to drain a bit too fast for me.

AEGIS STORM - Compare how long players can stay in Exalted Blade, this drains too fast. Enabling Shields Pillage is necessary for sustained use. Ability to cast Haven increases drain to partially balance it off. Should have a low cap to automatically disable ability before shields are depleted, and be uncastable if shields are too low.

Edited by BrazilianJoe
  • Like 1

Well I have played Hildryn for few hours and here is few problems...

Her Balefire is well... Not bad but I would preffer beam weapon than what we have now :>. It is status based so Beam would be AWESOME 😆

The range of the Balefire is low this weapon is just not very efficient.

Second ability is awesome yet for Grineer and Infested not much... Make it strip % of armor and slow infested maybe?

Third ability? Only 1 problem capped shield regen at 124% what for? Remove it?

The 4th ability well dmg type is radiation yet 0% status ?

Could we have a status chance for radiation for 3/4 skills?

LIke 15% ?

Shields are inherently flawed, yet people expect a warframe whose foundation which revolves around a flawed system to perform well. The only way to make this frame work is if her numbers are pumped up. News flash, pump any warframe's numbers up and they become good. How do you expect to make a functional, valuable warframe kit, when that kit relies on a broken system? Talk about building a castle on sand.

• Like 1

I love the idea of Hildryn, but have run into a few things that make her less useful.

• Haven doesn't work on Sortie defense operative
  • Using Seeker on Balefire makes it not damage enemies as it passes through them, so you need to hit the floor below them 
  • Aegis Storm is very limiting since you can only use Balefire. At least buff Balefire a bit while in that mode, and improve movement speed
  • Zenurik Energizing Dash has no effect, predictably
  • Toxin auras and bleed procs will end you quickly, so the frame doesn't scale well
  • Balefire slows you to a crawl for a few seconds, which isn't great
  • Archgun deployment should have a faster draw, and reduced cooldown when playing Hildryn 

I played with Hildryn a bunch over the weekend, Forma'ed her multiple times, and here are some thoughts:

1. Without stacking a lot of efficiency, the costs of a lot of her gear are too high, especially since you need shields to take fire. I think that a lot of shield costs should be reduced by at least 25%. Haven needs to not drain energy based upon nearby enemies (especially since its damage is absurdly low) and I'd prefer if Aegis Storm sacrificed its CC and also didn't have additional energy drain per enemy.

2. Hildryn is, as said, extremely vulnerable to slash/toxin procs especially given how much shield you want on her so you can cast even while under fire. I'd suggest that she either get more health and lower her sprint speed slightly if necessary, or her passive should also make it so either that her shields take damage instead of health so long as she still has shields up or she could take greatly reduced damage to health while shields are active. Something to keep her from dying a death of a thousand cuts to slash/toxin procs would help her a lot.

3. The charge mechanic on Balefire is kind of aggravating especially given the extremely high cost of charged Balefire shots, and at least feel-wise I didn't really notice Balefire doing that much more damage despite consuming much more shield when fully charged. I'd love Balefire's alt-fire to have more area of effect and homing qualities, so the choice is between charged homing blasts and rapid-fire semi-automatic explosions. At the very least, I'd like it if charged fire had a larger blast radius and was an alt-fire mode to give players more control. On that note, Balefire really shouldn't do self damage. Hildryn is already drawing from shields to fire her own shots, a single shot landing slightly too close draining all your shields is extremely bad.

4. It seems to me like originally her exalted weapon was the Larkspur (I actually had a bug where host migration with Balefire Launcher out gave me a Larkspur model instead) and that's why her movement when using it is so limited. Since Balefire is now a pistol, reverting it to allow for fully normal movement should be nice.

5. Aegis Storm should buff Balefire. It gives you twin launchers, it should do something. If we get uncharged/charged fire as a primary and secondary fire mode, twin Balefire should increase the potency of fully charged Balefire attacks (even more damage/radius) while doubling the rate of fire of uncharged Balefire attacks and making the weapon fully automatic. Given that you're draining shields to use it, I don't think this would be overpowered.

6. Aegis Storm's mobility is lackluster. It should let you move at normal sprinting speed while in the air (and speed should scale with Power Strength too!), ascend and descend much more quickly, and you should be able to use Hildryn's dodge in midair to rapidly reposition. As Steve's whiteboard mentioned, "Zone of the Enders, not Elite." Aegis Storm should be Zone of the Enders, not DCS: Black Shark.

7. As said, I'd prefer that Aegis Storm sacrificed its CC for additional efficiency, more offense and defense, and maybe some visual flair. The description makes it sound like a primarily offensive ability. My suggestion: Instead of damaging pillars, Aegis Storm fires homing projectiles (like Phantasma's alt-fire bomb) from Hildryn's shield drones (2 per drone per second, say) at random targets within Aegis Storm's area of effect. Enemies hit by these projectiles take damage and are marked for a short period of time. Marked enemies drop an energy orb when killed. Each marked enemy killed during Aegis Storm also increases the damage and area of effect of the slam attack that occurs at the end of Aegis Storm. Aegis Storm shouldn't cost additional energy per enemy, and instead it should just cost 25 (20?) base shields per second plus another 25 (20?) base shields per second when firing. While in Aegis Storm Hildryn should get a 50% non-scaling damage resistance, like how Titania gets a 50% dodge to make up for how she's exposed to everyone while in Razorwing. Given that Hildryn doesn't have Razorflies to distract enemies and reduce incoming damage, this would hardly make her immortal and it would put the "Aegis" in Aegis storm.

8. Shield Pillage is probably a bit too powerful against higher-level Corpus, weak when dealing with Grineer, and useless against Infested. It should have consistent behavior between all three factions, rather than instantly restoring all your shield and then some if you catch three dudes in it when fighting Corpus, give you a few hundred shields back for catching a half-dozen dudes when fighting Grineer, and do nothing but waste energy when dealing with Infested. I'd give it a fixed regeneration amount per enemy (say 150/200/250/300) that scales with power strength and also have it stagger enemies that are hit.

• Like 1

I'm sorry if this already been mentioned before but I kinda don't have time to read 10 pages worth of messages lol

First, I want to say I really like Hildryn but there one small thing that keeps bothering me a lot.

After deactivating her balefire (her #1) she always goes back to her pistol 😞 Why not revert back to what the player was using when activating her ability?

Thank you 🙂

Really enjoying Hildryn a lot, played her exclusively over the weekend and forma'd her several times. I've skimmed over much of this thread and find much to agree with. She could definitely use a quality pass, and since she's new would benefit from one sooner rather than later.

The short list of things I wouldn't mind seeing addressed ASAP include (but are not limited to):

• Ensure the Auger mod set works (or at least works properly) for Hildryn. The consensus of folks I've talked with along with my own experience says the benefits are (at best) inconsistent. Same could be said for Taxon's "Molecular Conversion" precept, which either wasn't working/scaling properly or returned such a relatively small benefit as to be virtually indiscernible. 
  • Shield Pillage should work at least somewhat consistently regardless of enemy type. Right now, Hildy is a Corpus hunter, who is weak or useless against other types.
  • The energy drain on Haven seems excessive, particularly in a high-density enemy environment. Reduce drain significantly, or make it a purely beneficial skill for allies.
  • The "arcing" sound effect for Haven is really annoying. Like "gnat in your ear" annoying. That needs to be toned down considerably.
  • Aegis Storm is great in concept, but mobility seems to suffer quite a bit (both laterally and vertically.) Things need to be tightened up by a large margin here.
  • Aegis Storm also should not be limited by the underlying terrain she is flying over. If there's a bottomless gap over which she needs to fly, she should...well...FLY over it. Simple.

Thanks, DE, for another great frame concept. I'm sure once the wrinkles are worked out, she's going to shine. Lovin' my "thicc bae" bunches! 

Edited by StarGeezerTim
Added bit about Molecular Conversion in first bullet point

On 2019-03-10 at 3:27 PM, ShockBurst said:

level 100 heavy Gunners in kuva survival take so long to die with baleful

I just tried this and it took me 2 shots with one cast of her second ability which you should be spamming anyway. I even have a fire rate mod equiped so I have 1.93 fire rate. The kill time is literally 1 second with Balefire which is an AoE weapon.

After 10 Forma (Most of which was used to correct mistakes I made), I need to slightly edit my original complaints. My builds are as followed (Duration, Efficiency, Range, Strength)

155, 130, 160, 179.

155, 130, 235, 123.

23, 175, 115, 234.

Balefire: The slow down and no jumping on tap fire needs to be removed for certain. Maybe make the charge shot an alt fire? The charge and explosive range also need a bit of help. That or have the weapon be more focused towards a stat. As it stands, this weapon is geared towards single targets, which will eat up alot of shields, and with all 3 of my builds, lv 80s need 2 shots each, meaning the first and second build drains 140 shields per enemy, third build drains 50 shields per enemy. My radius is 4.8m, 7.05m, and 3.45m respectively. Just to compare, Sonicor has 5m base, and needs no charging. With the same mods equipped, Staticor has a 0.43 charge and 8m blast, while Balefire has 0.86 charge.

Shield Pillage: Needs the line of sight removed. That would make this a perfect ability. Shields are nice and all, but trying to cure an ally of a status becomes a nightmare. The amount of shields you restore on armored enemies is also lacking. If even one person has a corrosive projection on, you'll be dead against lv 80 enemies. And if there aren't any enemies you can see, and a Heavy Gunner or Corpus Sniper is shooting you at range, well, you best pray you can run away to let shields regen naturally.

Haven: Does little damage for the amount of drain per enemy. The fact that this links to anything and everything doesn't help either. Allies, specters, companions, sentinels, enemies, shadow and sand puppets, you name it. 358 damage a second for the first two, 468 for the third. Just to compare, my Ember's 4 does 900 damage, with a 1.65 energy drain a second.

Aegis Storm: Line of sight makes sense, since the crowd control is pretty powerful. But the drain is so high that you can't use Haven while this is active or you'll lose all your shields way too quickly. Not being able to use anything other than Balefire also hurts, since that's more energy lost per shot. If we could use Shield Pillage while inside Aegis Storm, this would be alleviated slightly.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes when I die, my shields are cut in half. Trying to reproduce the steps to see what's causing it, but it seems like it has to do with the Operator. Like I said, may or may not be a bug, might be something relating to the Operator I don't know about.

Edit: Found the cause, pretty this is a bug. If Hildryn enters a Limbo's Rift, she loses half her shields for the duration of that mission.

She's not "as" bad as I first thought, now that I've landed on two builds that seem to work. But all in all, she's still a one trick pony frame. In normal missions, I just keep Haven up, sometimes using Shield Pillage to restore shields if the enemies are heavily armored/shielded or if the enemies are higher level and don't die right away. In defense missions, I keep Aegis Storm up for crowd control. Rarely bother with Balefire, except for when I was leveling up. And I rarely use Shield Pillage because I can just turn off Haven to restore my shields naturally.

Edited by Hawk197
Cause of bug found