Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

SO I have noticed that despite her vast shield pool, it doesn't necessarily matter. If you get a slash proc or toxin cloud proc through on her, she's done at higher levels regardless of shielding. She already cant pillage infested targets, I don't think she should be completely useless for them. The passive states that damage doesn't go through to her health, maybe i'm reading that wrong, but it certainly does. I was hoping we were getting a Nidus/Inaros type deal. A frame with no health. Her health pool is so minuscule I don't see why it should even be there. If you were to simply remove her health pool, this would eliminate her weakness when it comes to infested (since she can't pillage them anyway she needs some sort of alleviation for infested) You can still give her the invulnerability period once her shield depletes and buff her shield a bit, or simply activate the invulnerability period once the shield pool reaches a low number (like 100 hp or so) or actually make it so she wont take procs like this through her shielding or be immune to them altogether, since they wouldn't be able to apply on shields. Her biggest weakness is these procs on her health which make the massive shield pool a bit useless if you can get 1 shot by a proc at higher levels. Just my two cents. I wanted a shield tank. It is almost what we needed. Thanks!

After playing her for a solid 3 days a few thing kills the fantasy.

-👎Shooting Balefire Kills momentum. = This is warframe its a parkour game ! IF you're always lagging behind of the team = NO FUN

-👎Her Flight Elevation = You cant go higher ? That vision , ultron , magneto levitate feeling is awsome  BUT i found myself in several scenario IE:Kuva survival or any big tile. Where i would have like to take advantage of it and get to the top part and i couldn't.

-👍Everything else is fine alto there's certain bugy behavior with weapon. (witch i posted about in the appropriate forum)

-👍Plenty of tweaking modding possibilities,wish Augur set bonus would work would be a really good efficiency alternative freeing streamline for an other utility mod but i can understand how broken it could get.

💎💎💎 AMALGAM MODS ! So nice PLZ more There's always great utility i would like to squeeze in builds but the min-maxing is what it is ,its hard to fight !

Just my Closed Beta Bias Am a Lato V + Glaive P  Nuts . PLEASE Consider letting BALEFIRE WORKS With Glaive.

After further playing with hildryn, outside of the problems I mentioned in a previous post:

Shield pillage really needs a buff. Unless the enemies have shields, using it on armoured targets is absolutely pointless. The amount of shield per armoured target I get back is so minimal at base strength that I might as well not use it because the cost out-weighs the amount of shields returned (tested on Titan, Saturn, with a large grouping of enemies, as well as the simulcrum which is where I get the numbers I am about to drop). At 120 shields per target for the cost of 150 shields (corrputed Bombards, no streamline [max streamline drops it to 105, and it still wouldn't be worth it]), not including getting shot at (which will in turn cost you more shields), it is hardly a worth while ability to use versus armoured targets. Absolutely ridiculous, considering in a horde shooter, I am going to get shot at which will reduce the effectiveness of shield pillage, especially so when the entirety of the Grineer faction is comprised of Sharp-shooters who have no problem turning me into swiss cheese or bleed me out (which by the way, 380 base HP at max rank? Seriously?).

A suggestion would be to make it so that it strips enemy armour, as the tool-tip would imply, and give hildryn an armour buff. This way, versus corpus she can get a nasty amount of over-shields, and versus grineer she could get a nasty amount of armour + some shields. Alternatively, just buff her shield pillage numbers, because for the longest time now playing her, I thought it legit did nothing versus any faction outside of the corpus and shielded units.

Edit:

This whole thing brings up another problem, which is how bad Shields are in general. Unless you are Mag, and can top off and over-top shields whenever and how-ever you want, they just get burned down so quickly due to how Shields take damage. 

Edited by SyBuhr
Additional point

I find her to be a fun new warframe to play. She still have some kinks to work out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

___Strengths___

Skill synergy using 2nd, before or during 3rd/4th skill and being able to use 1st skill during 4th skill channeling.

She gives some variation to energy starved or energy reset missions like sanctuary onslaught or index.

Tried her out in a lowlvl defense mission where some new players joined and they were all "What is that ray of death?! That is so cool". So she certainly is impactful on people meeting her.

2nd ability provides some mitigation to mob scaling and not just by damage scaling.

Her ability to recover shields by her own means (2nd skill and idling)(only realistic means too though).

___Weeknesses___

If a mob is partially standing behind something so that you for instance can't see a grineer's foot, but the rest of him is visible (thigh, torso, arms, weapons, head all visible), then he can't be targeted by her 3rd or 4th ability.

Ex from mission run last night: Stood on a small single square crate in a defense mission at one point and a corpus crewman ran over to the crate from afar while 3rd ability was active, without getting hit (melee'd him in the end). The mob was fully visible and in line of sight the entire time, but because that small elevation difference, the crate's edge was enough to block the ability from activating.

She's rather noisy for other players to be near.

Can't determine if her 2nd ability doesn't always work or if the targeting is so restricted that only a mob jumping high into the air (ex jumping to a platform) with nothing in its surroundings will be guarenteed hit by the ability (if applicable).

If you activate her 4th ability during a jump you won't know where you'll end up. Tried activating it while jumping over a crevice that normally isn't an issue, but 4th ability simply made her unescapably slowly hover straight down into the crevice until she was out of bounds.

A bit unclear which attacks actually bypass her shields. With her 2nd ability useless against infested and generally are without overshields as a result, several types of infested bypass shields with their attack.

Can't use weapons nor 2nd ability while 4th ability is active.

External resupply of shields from energy drops or shield pads are just about worthless to her.

The pale matt texture on more than half her frame, limits what colors that works with her (not to mention attachments since their colors aren't even similar). A shame since it seemed like a very small area of metallic appearance was achieved in her design (she could had handled more).

Duration is such a limiter on her 2nd ability that it isn't even funny. This should be instant and non-affected by duration. I'm currently playing with only 13% duration, simply because I wasn't getting her skill to work decently until I changed my build and ripped all the duration off I could.

Now that she has her own dash animation instead of roll, it would be cool if you build onto that. doesn't seem so much as an evasion anymore than more a tackle. perhaps a knockdown added to it, would seem fitting.

On 2019-03-09 at 8:31 AM, Mudfam said:

4 Aegis Storm

This needs mobility. Hildryn has this cool dash / dodge, why can't she at least use that? Why can we not use weapons? And her 2? Useless restrictions that make a bad ability infinitely worse.

Again though, it prevents shields from recharging, defeating the entire purpose of shields and having a shields based warframe in the first place. Hard to overcome this problem.

UPCOMING CHANGE

Hildryn will be able to dodge while in Aegis Storm by drawing power from her Shields.

Here's a preview:

Thanks again for your feedback everyone!

• Like 5

il y a 14 minutes, SnowyGreyish a dit :

Duration is such a limiter on her 2nd ability that it isn't even funny. This should be instant and non-affected by duration. I'm currently playing with only 13% duration, simply because I wasn't getting her skill to work decently until I changed my build and ripped all the duration off I could.

why you simpe dont push button again? In 13% duration you have trash radius. 

Edited by zhellon

16 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

UPCOMING CHANGE

Hildryn will be able to dodge while in Aegis Storm by drawing power from her Shields.

Thanks again for your feedback everyone!

Nice, this is a huge improvement. Thanks!

How is Aegis Storm "that powerful"? The CC is similar to that of Bastille. The damage is fairly negligible after level 40 or so. The energy generation is only good for your teammates. The only weapon you can use is Balefire. If you play solo, or aren't near teammates, the CC is worth bubkis - as by the time you undo Aegis storm, the enemies recover 0.5 seconds after you do. The only argument for being so powerful, is that they are using it only on starchart-level enemies. Where the damage can actually kill enemies.

• Like 1

Aegis storm

powerful

Pick one

For real, more mobility is nice but why the F it costs shields? Hildryn NEEDS shields to live. Dodge on 4 should be free and innate to begin with. Why cant we cast our 2 in Aegis? Why can we cast 3, to lose shields faster, but not her 2? Can we at least fix the enemies not on the same elevation not getting CC'd despite flying literally 1m from them?

2 minutes ago, SSI_Seraph said:

She already has stupid costs and can't use her pillage during it. This should be innate with how slow and underwhelming the ability is to begin with.

Exactly. Aegis Storm IS NOT powerful. Energy orb generation is slow, our shields are being drained, we are now easy immobile target for the enemy. Only downsides. Why Rhino and NeZha can CC and then do whatever they want while Hildryn NEEDS to be there getting destroyed? I mentioned Rhino and NeZha because their CC on 4 is similar to Hildryn's but their is better.

I have had an issue with my Targis Prime Leg Greaves do not properly fit on my girl Hilda. This really makes me sad can you please fix it so I can play in style ;'C

18 hours ago, Droopsie said:

Hildryn would be 1000% cooler if you could use your own weapons in aegis storm. The current restriction seems pointless

Also this.

2 minutes ago, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

How is Aegis Storm "that powerful"? The CC is similar to that of Bastille. The damage is fairly negligible after level 40 or so. The energy generation is only good for your teammates. The only weapon you can use is Balefire. If you play solo, or aren't near teammates, the CC is worth bubkis - as by the time you undo Aegis storm, the enemies recover 0.5 seconds after you do. The only argument for being so powerful, is that they are using it only on starchart-level enemies. Where the damage can actually kill enemies.

That is the problem. It seems as DE was testing her on starchart not on any other content. On starchart her 3 and 4 kills quickly. But in any other meaningful content her 4 and 3 is a joke and simply hinders Hildryn.

Just now, LEGION346 said:

Aegis storm

powerful

Pick one

For real, more mobility is nice but why the F it costs shields? Hildryn NEEDS shields to live. Dodge on 4 should be free and innate to begin with. Why cant we cast our 2 in Aegis? Why can we cast 3, to lose shields faster, but not her 2? Can we at least fix the enemies not on the same elevation not getting CC'd despite flying literally 1m from them?

Exactly. Aegis Storm IS NOT powerful. Energy orb generation is slow, our shields are being drained, we are now easy immobile target for the enemy. Only downsides. Why Rhino and NeZha can CC and then do whatever they want while Hildryn NEEDS to be there getting destroyed? I mentioned Rhino and NeZha because their CC on 4 is similar to Hildryn's but their is better.

Exactly. Plenty of Warframes out there that can hard CC enemies, and hit them with their normal (fully modded) weapons while still being fully mobile. With Hildryn, you can ONLY use balefire and you're stuck with a fairly slow move speed.

il y a 1 minute, LEGION346 a dit :

That is the problem. It seems as DE was testing her on starchart not on any other content. On starchart her 3 and 4 kills quickly. But in any other meaningful content her 4 and 3 is a joke and simply hinders Hildryn.

The whole design falls apart as soon as you increase the level If you don't abuse an interaction that's surely gonna be nerfed.

1 minute ago, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

Exactly. Plenty of Warframes out there that can hard CC enemies, and hit them with their normal (fully modded) weapons while still being fully mobile. With Hildryn, you can ONLY use balefire and you're stuck with a fairly slow move speed.

And Balefire DRAINS your shields too while shooting. Hildryn is literally killing herself if she has her 3 on and shoots her 1 while Aegis is activated lol

• Like 1

Just now, SSI_Seraph said:

The whole design falls apart as soon as you increase the level If you don't abuse an interaction that's surely gonna be nerfed.

You mean only recharge mods with keys? Yeah, it surely will be nerfed. Or not consdiering the fact that with that build you are on par with Wukong in terms of usefulness and we know in what spot Wukong is.

il y a 8 minutes, LEGION346 a dit :

You mean only recharge mods with keys? Yeah, it surely will be nerfed. Or not consdiering the fact that with that build you are on par with Wukong in terms of usefulness and we know in what spot Wukong is.

Better compare with Titania 🤣

1 hour ago, zhellon said:

why you simpe dont push button again? In 13% duration you have trash radius. 

Several seconds delay (2sec base + whatever duration added from modding) on a recovery skill that you have to time with when mobs are in line of sight and whom you also expect to stay alive until you receive the recovery, while now with lower defenses. This is just playing with insane handicap.

Also, my current build:

Duration: 13%

Efficiency: 160%

Range: 175%

Strength: 224%

I have no idea what you are talking about with trash range, my range is fine

Edited by SnowyGreyish

il y a 1 minute, SnowyGreyish a dit :

Several seconds delay (2sec base + whatever duration added from modding) on a recovery skill that you have to time with when mobs are in line of sight and whom you also expect to stay alive until you receive the recovery, while now with lower defenses. This is just playing with insane handicap.

Also, my current build:

Duration: 13%

Efficiency: 160%

Range: 175%

Strength: 225%

I have no idea what you are talking about with trash range, my range is fine

Like Nova, the radius of the ability depends on the duration

36 minutes ago, LEGION346 said:

Aegis storm

powerful

Pick one

32 minutes ago, LEGION346 said:

Also, why Hildryn gets only 25 shields from energy orb when she has on average 4k shields? Why isnt it increased? 25 in comparison to 4k is nothing. If this is increased, then her 4 MAYBE could be useful.

I for one feel like a lot of Hilda's abilities need some tweaks. I love her abilities but they really limit her by disabling ability synergies. If you want even somewhat decent range, you have to go stretch and overextended. of course its going to be garbage without some efficiency! Maybe streamline and fleeting? BUT now you have less ability str for balefire, so this would be a support build. add on primed continuity and you have much better shield recharge on allies. This comes at the expense of having an effective 1 and 2 because your power str is gone thanks to fleeting and the negative duration kills your pillage. This is a very good support build, but i still think her 1 and 2 should be changed to be viable to use with her 3 and 4 at all times. During Aegis, let us pillage, if you aren't gonna let Hilda girl fly, all she can do is hover and its quite slow.  it is only viable close quarters unless you have range, which, having range also depletes even more shield. I think the draining should be lessened a bit to help each of the abilities synergize with one another more. IF anything keep her hovering state, but unbound it from that base height limit, or increase the flight height with range. She just feels so limited to use IMHO, but I love her she's fun. Just these things kinda annoy me while im playing her.

At least 3 of these abilities should synergize at all times. ;-; depending on how you build her, not just 2 because it's too specific. You can go Eff/Range/ or Pwr Str/Eff trying to squeeze in having decent range and good pwr str for balefire's fire radius because it is not very good when it comes to scaling. Maybe make balefire damage scale better somehow, I should 1 shot those winter spoders for toroids and have huge aegis an pillage effectiveness.

I also still think you should Remove her health pool entirely and give shields slight buff if efficiency is gonna be so bad and you cant get good duration with good efficiency. Like wut and make the augur mods work. In fact make all mods affecting energy, work with her shield. That is her energy pool, if you raid a galleon, the grineer will still find energy residue all over the damn place. THIIS is energy, so flow should work on this. Even if at a terrible amount, because that's her energy pool!

Thanks. ❤️

Edited by Lodestrike
adding info