Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Quick Hildryn suggestions:

-----------------------------------------

A)Make her 4 instantly equip her 1 and give it some kind of buff when used with 4 (Faster fire rate would be a obvious and great addition, maybe even less cost per shot)

OR

Allow any primary or secondary to be used with her 4. (Still possible to use her 1, but no extra buff)

B) Allow usage of her 2 while 4 is active

OR

Increase amount of Armor/Shields taken from enemies. (50%? 100%?)

C) Remove the effect her 3 has on enemies and the shield drain (Damage is not even worth it)

OR

Make damage be based on enemy health % (or increase VERY quickly over time while active)

Edited by DenoDagor
  • Like 1

My only real complaint about Hildryn is about her second and third abilities, specifically how they can be amazingly useful in some situations but completely useless in others.
To specify:

- Shield Pillage ability doesn't work if the enemies have no armour or shields, making it entirely useless against infested

- If the enemies are very low level then she gets barely any shield return from the ability even if they have both shields and armour, but if they're super high level then she can almost get her entire shield bar and overshields back from a single enemy

- Haven adds a flat amount of shields to allies and lends them her shield gating but doesn't really help hildryn herself in any way if she has no allies with her.

- The damage it deals is so low that it isn't worth casting just for the damage, all it does it drain an incredible amount of shields really quickly if she's surrounded, even more if she has allies with her where it would arguably be most useful.

My own suggestion to help her survivability against most enemies would be to greatly reduce the drain of Haven or to remove the aspect of it damaging enemies entirely because right now all it does it serve to drain all of her shields if she's surrounded. The damage is completely useless in high level content where her ability to share her passive would be really useful. Secondly, it could stand to buff her in some way other than a minor increase to her maximum shields. Maybe a percent-based increase to maximum overshields to increase the usefulness of the new addition to her passive (blocking direct health damage while she has overshields).

Shield Pillage needs some way to leech something off of enemies without armour or shields otherwise she will continue to be useless against infested. Maybe Shield Pillage could become the ability to deal damage instead of Haven and have a certain amount of damage returned as shields? Or add a small minimum amount of shields that can be restored from a single enemy which can only be absorbed once per enemy on top of the regular shield and armour drain, which would help in both low level and against infested without making her basically invulnerable as long as she spams Shield Pillage.

Edited by Pransaculass
Miss-clicked and accidentally posted while incomplete

12 hours ago, NuclearCommunist said:

Ugliest frame in the game. Absolutely disgusting.

No, she's gorgeous actually.

Don't have any feedback yet as I have just leveled her and I'm not finished with her formatting yet, so I've only played the meme build (around the passive) so far

make her 4th completely independent of what's below and higher limit in altitude(or no limit..it's not like the ability is any good if you're 200m up). I hate  falling down because some certain tiles have those "wholes" that reset you when you fall. 

19 hours ago, Portalboat said:

Is it just me, or does her dodge/roll feel really, really clunky while in midair? I've gotten used to the bulletjump->roll->slide->bulletjump movement loop, but half the time it feels like Hildryn's just doesn't come out, no matter how many times I press shift. 

It's a bug that the "can dash while your 4 is active"  patch introduced, after using 4 you can't dash after a bullet jump for the rest of the mission

That and the slowdown firing balefire gives you makes her feel extremely clunky

So have played her all weekend, and while she's fun to play she needs some tweaks and buffs

1 Make her 4 instantly equip her 1 and give her 2 instead of 1 chargers including damage of the 2. [damage of charger is a bit low comparing to normal secondaries)

2 make it able to use in 4

3 buff/rework, under current stats useless ability

4 Fine, only downside might be a personal one but i find aiming a bit akward.

If her 1 don't receive a buff, make secondaries working under her 4

Edited by kotex073
Grammatics

Finally pulled Hildryn out of the Infested Bake oven and so far the biggest issue I have is I'm not sure if I'm really in love with the Balefire. Which is a bit surprising with how much I loved the Larkspur. The Balefire just feels like it's too much precision for what I was expecting from Hildryn. I was expecting something with more visible punch that felt like it had some kick. I mean the Larkspur by comparrison actually pushes you back when the charged shot goes off. 

It makes me essentially want to use any other weapon when I'm in her 4 so I could theoretically just ignore it but you're restricted to the Balefire while in Aegis Storm. 

Still kinda noodling her other abilities but they seem fine I guess. Still a bit concerned as to what if any effectiveness reduction her shield pillage is getting hit with for the 2/3rs of enemy types in the game that don't have shields. 

Edit:

I think her passive would be significantly more useful if it was just Toxin/Slash did not bypass shields. As for the Over Shields bit doesn't go far enough because I can't recall the last time I had overshields and both of those are just going to yeet you otherwise. 

Edited by Oreades

so far, there a some pros and contras to hildryn i've discovered so far.

pro:

• the way her abilities work together
  • her survivablity... if against the right enemies, that is...
  • her mobility in her 4th (it's not too slow, whatever people say)

contra:

• her 2nd, is useless against certain kinds of enemies... infested in general but also some others that don't uses armor or shield. it's debatable if she really need to good against everything or not, but being that much in a disadvantage against one full factions is not so nice.
  • her 3rd only does radiation damage but no procs. i certainly would like to be able to chose the damage type (maybe like chroma or even a switchable skill like ivaras arrows), but if that is out of question, at least a radiation proc would be nice - as it is, the rad-damage is only usefull against alloy armor (at least, it's not bad against anything else) giving rad-procs to the 'linked' enemies would made this ability so mich more fun and usefull in offense, defense and crowed control. it also doesn't make any logical sense why no status effect is done with it... i guess you found it too powerfull?
  • her 4th, though very nice in general, has one little flaw: the 'landing' animation at the end. though i understand the effect for the 'slamming' down being as it is, at least if we are not high up in the air it should not be triggered  like this - even if we had to forego the slam-damage then... but when i 'landed' manually to near ground and then deactivate the ability, i didn't really care about the slam anyway, right?
  • i'm not quite sure what to make of her dodge movement... it looks like limbos and also looks slower than of other frames. i can see no reason for it not being the usual roll-dodge (beside the little fx of it).

some things about her that goes beyond pro and contra.

• i was fine with the needed standing for her BP and also with the droprate from exploiter, but the way you choose to make the mission, by getting outside and to the cave, i'm unhappy. i always found the recruiting chat an annoyance due to the limits and it's unreliabilities... and then adding to this the sheer impossibility to start this mission via a normal public game (and THAT is the normal way most people do ANY mission), this whole thing was huge pain in the аrse to too - this expands to the fracture missions too, btw. so please make this a mission that we can start from inside fortuna like heist(s) and bounties. beside that, find solution to the matchmaking problems which fortuna/orb valis suffers right now.
  • there is a problem with hildryn's exealted weapon (and maybe to some other frames too - i only tested it excalibur so far) and you 'restrictions' to heavy guns and melee... first of all, i find the removal of the quick melee when one uses a HG rather silly and a severe hinderance in the mobility (add to that the also silly ammo-regen restriction and the way we have to the gear-wheel for it). then, with hildryn there is a bug when you activate her 1st while holding a HG - after you done this, you can't use ANY melee anymore until the end of the mission. fixed, but then again, not fixed ^^)  try this: equip HG, use 4th, exit 4th, use 1st -> melee mode is broken for the rest of the mission 😁 oh, and have tried out any other gear-wheel 'equipment' too? no? maybe you should...
  • her 1st, balefire, while a nice weapon, should not be charging while holding the trigger, but rather this function should be tied to the alt-fire button. the slowing-effect when used is a little annoying (not too much though, but still bugs me especially while doing air-born maneuvers...
  • during her 4th., it would be helpfull if we could aim the balefire too - and maybe if the drain of it during the aegis storm would be a wee-bit less?
  • and, another bug with her 4th: when you hold a kit gun active and activate aegis storm, you can't use balefire. not permanent though. tested only with gaze type kit guns do far.  tested the rest of the kit guns, and they behave the same. <sigh> it's NOT the kit guns... it EVERY weapon, primary and secondary - you hold anything other than balefire, you can't use balefire during aegis storm... that sure wasn't intended, right?
Edited by fr4gb4ll
addition

I find Hildryn realy good she have a good shield drain for her abilitys and is a good support frame (6 forma). Ok against Infestet she is a little bit weak but you can make a build with toxic resistance and she is fine.

But the PROBLEM is that her 4 Aegis Storm is useless in missions with many stairs or objects, because the Line of Sight is fixed on the bottom so every little object even stairs or railing will block the abillity.

So my suggestion would be that the LoS will move with er body vertical and horizontal.

Edited by God_Emperor_Phex

You should be able to aim Balefire with right click while using Hildryn's 4 because it's a little annoying to not be able to zoom in. Your accuracy is reduced greatly being unable to use such a basic mechanic.

Been using this frame exclusively since she came out. Don't know what the complaints are (maybe people are bad at building her?), but my only complaints are QoL. This review is fresh off doing multiple 30 minute arbitrations and one 60 minute arbitration.

Anyway, Balefire. Balefire deals a ton of damage. I was one-shotting level 120 arbitration enemies with a sub-optimal build, with uncharged shots. Keeping up with an Ash, and even outpacing him when the drones were being less rude. And now that I have blind rage on my hands, it's about to get crazy. My only complaint about this weapon is that the charge animation, while cool, slows you down a lot and triggers far too easily. IMO, the animation should only kick in at half charge, as that's where it starts dealing significantly more damage than uncharged shots. Also, since shots take so long to charge, maybe increase the damage on them a bit? For the sacrifices you need to charge Balefire for, you can just deal more damage and have more mobility by just using uncharged shots.

Shield Pillage. What a fantastic ability. So far, unless I haven't payed attention, I haven't died. At all. This makes Hildryn at higher levels very powerful, yet very engaging. I love it, I love it I love it I love it. I can not give this ability more praise. Though, it should honestly take in shields from 10% of enemy health at base. Seeing a squad with a ton of Corrosive Projection makes me wish I were using Rakta Dark Dagger.

Haven. Hildryn's only actually useless ability. I want to like this ability, I really do. And it's good on paper. But fact of the matter is, this ability drains far too many shields and deals almost no damage at all in high level content. Please just axe the entire "damaging enemies" part.

Aegis Storm. Aegis Storm is supreme fun, and with the bug fixes it's actually useful.  It's a good "I NEED CC RIGHT NOW" button. Only thing I can ask for is, yet more QoL. This ability should not have a channel cost. Instead, increase the per enemy cost by like 5-15 shields per second and we good. It'll drain more when you're surrounded, but you'll be able to fly around at your heart's whim. And fun is what Warframe is about, right? Also, please change the camera position and allow us to zoom.

All in all? Hildryn is my favorite warframe yet. This veteran of four years has finally got something they wanted in this game. An active bullet sponge who can dish it out while taking it.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

I've really been enjoying Hildryn. The mechanics have made for an interesting change in playstyle and modding. What I've found to be an inconvenience is that using punch through on Balefire completely breaks the ability, making it impossible to damage an enemy unless you luck out with a foot-shot and catch them with explosion damage. Thinking it might be due to lag during a mission, I tested it in the simulacrum with a level 2 grineer and couldn't inflict any sort of damage with punch through equipped. Once I unequipped the mod, Balefire worked perfectly again.

Hello, I just got Hildryn today and I have some feedback that I hope could be useful.

Identified Issues:

• Her 4 restrict us out of one of the best parts of warframe that is freedom and power of movement, to make us slowly float around in the air while restricting access to our chosen arsenal and limiting us to either just float there or use haven and/or balefire consuming our shields even more, balefire isn't even auto equipped and the second one doesn't do anything.
  • Her 1, 2, 3, 4 stop shield regeneration, that is the great advantage of using shields for defense.
  • Her 1 doesn't have interesting stats to play around, the only way to mod is raw damage, and limits our movement, and replaces our chosen arsenal and the explosion effect is inferior to Staticor in coolness and even Opticor in usefulness. And charging it doesn't present benefits over spamming it, in a cost vs benefit scenario it is worse to charge.
  • And her 4 apparently only works on a 2d plane, as enemies in a different elevation or platform are often NOT affected by it.

Suggestions to improve would be:

• Her skills no longer stop shield regeneration and don't delay activation. Only enemy fire does it.
  • Her 2 now regenerates a base amount per enemy affected, including health only enemies, while keeping the LoS condition. Could be related to her own armor.
  • Her 1 no longer slows down movement or equips upon only tapping, and charging increases damage to 50% more than it consumes and equips it. Critical Chance and Critical Damage increased, but only on the enemy directly hit by the projectile. Explosion keeps low or no Critical Chance as is. Perhaps explodes backwards like Tombfinger every time it pierces an enemy and the explosion upon hitting a surface? for the cool factor. Also needs a bit more interesting VFX to show the area, perhaps similar to Staticor?
  • Her 4 now accelerates the farther she is from the ground, speed slightly inclines Hildryn forward, allowing it to perform as movement tool and adding to warframe's mobility game instead of limiting it, Balefire is auto equipped and receives double firerate from the second hand OR allows the use of arsenal weapons, perhaps even Archguns OR only them and Balefire.
  • Her 3 now affects herself? And provides energy to allies, however her 4 stops generating energy orbs and her 2 now works while in her 4 but only on enemies not affected by it's crowd control.
  • Let her use melee slam to end her 4! Slam and melee slam both happen as expected of each.
  • Alternative change to balefire would be to eliminate its charge shot, and instead have it grant a weapon damage buff  upon charging that continually consumes shields until deactivated and allows Hildryn to challenge Bosses otherwise immune to warframe abilities!
  • Remove the ceiling on her 4 along with the increasing mobility. Doesn't need to challenge Archwing or even K-drives speed and activating either immediately deactivates Aegis Storm and equips the summon normally even mid air.
  • Fluidity is really nice in warframe, its good to preserve and improve on it.
  • Edit: Just thought of this but, allow Hildryn to LARIAT enemies with her shift dodge, similar to how we can use ctrl mid air to kick enemies! :DD

Other know issues:

• Shield regeneration related arcanes *exist*.

This has the potential to break the management balance of her shield as a resource. To other frames shields are merely the first layer of defense upon being hit, to Hildryn this causes inexhaustible resources and defenses. If they are considered when allocating power to her concept, she is negatively impacted limiting her potential and perhaps making her reliant on them.

A perfect solution for this is not know to me, perhaps re-balancing them now or when other frames maybe also receive some sort of shield gating? Restricting Hildryn's access to them would negatively impact players that went out of their way to acquire them, but only Hildryn really values them. So reworking them to perhaps only triggering when health damage is received. And for example arcane barrier, the effect being to trigger a regeneration over say 5 to 10 seconds in the value of % of shields, total lost shields or even base shields instead of being instant total restoration. So that enough damage could still offset the regeneration.

Allow Hildryn all the Valkyrie glory she can achieve! 😉 Best regards, have a good day and tranquil sleep!

Edited by Antris
LARIAT

So after playing her a bit, although her kit feels a bit on the weak side I feel the biggest missed opportunity is not allowing gun usage during her 4.

I love the kit, but when I'm flying I'd love nothing more than use my penta, my ogris, my torid, lenz, opticor, or even her signature archgun. But I can't.

Her shield gating immunity allows her to use heavy weapons much more safely than any other frame, and her flight would further cement that value, being a heavy weapons shield maiden flying above the battlefield. 

I know its unlikely to happen, but if I could even just use my archgun while flying it'd be the most satisfying thing to have available to me.

Edited by Diseenith

In my opinion, Hildryn skills need a little rework. At this moment, i'am does not feel she as single concept, her skills do everything and nothing at the same time.

1. Why balefire slows me down while charging a shot? Is this some kind of bow that you need to pull? Why does Hildrin slow down after a shot? If you wanted to show the power of recoil of a weapon, then it should be thrown back, as like some archguns, but not slow down.

2. As many have said before, the shild pillage is useless against the infected. It may be worthwhile to give her shield recovery equal to 25% hp of infected, without causing any damage to them. And the line of sight requirement causes those skill just did not work sometimes.

3. Links to the enemies looks completely useless and too expensive. Perhaps it is worth removing any effects against enemies and extending the range of the skill to the synthesis range for defending allies?

4. This is a pretty powerful controlling skill, but the radius is too small. As well as surface attachment and the movement speed  throw me into frustration. Аutomaticaly use of balefire and allowing use pillage would also be convenient during the aegis.

Passive skills: for a tank character, Hildrin is too fragile. Without a pair of full Arcane Barrier, she losing her shields in a few seconds, against 70+ levels. It may be worthwhile to let the Adaptation work on her shields. Or give her shields adequate damage resistance based on the level of her enemies. And 1200 overshields are just too small, it’s literally 3 shots from a charger who eats 450 shields per shot.

Edited by Zeratul77777

After leveling and playing a bit, I can say a few things about their abilities.

Shield passive: It grants interesting gating mechanics, but the reliance on overshields to provide them does mitigate their usefulness significantly. Especially as overshields are eaten by abilities. I would prefer the gating to work on regular shields but rather than protect health entirely, prevent death at 1 hp. 

Movement passive: faster roll with more control I believe, but there is a weird delay at the end where you are in the upright position and seemingly ready to do whatever, but cannot. Decreasing the control lock at the end(where the shields start fading) by about a quarter second will help with this awkwardness.

First ability: Feels great when shooting standing still, but the slowdown while shooting, even without aiming is very jarring, it feels like you are getting hit with a cold proc every shot. Is a bit too powerful for such a cheap attack.

Second ability:It has the same results for shields, armor and enemies without either, meaning it is good against shielded enemies, mediocre against armored and useless against enemies with both. Also due to it working off of enemy armor, it has an anti-synergy with corrosive projection, one of the most popular and by default compatible auras, which is very odd.

Suggestions: Make it regen off of combined armor and shields but do not damage those, continue to damage shields. Makes it consistent against enemies but removes the weak armor stripping potential. OR make it give a flat % shields per enemy struck, like 5% of base shields, maybe?

Third ability: pretty strong in a group, the invincibility on shield break could be very powerful if used carefully. Combine with a trinity and you basically have an immortal team with a grace period. Enemy effect is questionable at best, eats shields quickly while providing little to no benefit. The damage it deals to enemies is worse than ther fourth, does not control their movements, has no additional benefits, and costs the same.

Fourth ability: great Crowd control, decent range, provides optimal angle for first ability. Cost seems a bit low, maybe increase the drain per enemy to make the CC a last resort type thing?

Overall they work Ok-ish, but the dissonance and lack of synergy between the abilities is very evident. Also their third is wholly useless solo due to how high cost it is and how weak it is. The fourth does more area damage, and grants secondary benefits to that damage. Anti-synergies also are similarly distasteful.

Edited by Deadoon

Really been enjoying Hildryn, but have to agree with earlier feedback, in that her 4th ability should auto equip her 1 - there's too much switching on and off, and once the 4th ability is toggled off her 1 is still equipped, so it becomes a confusing mess.  

In relation to her 4th, on landing (when power is toggled off) her ground slam seems minimal - maybe is my build, but something at least like Rhino's passive should be added.

Finally, her 2nd ability seems to only work on a horizontal plane, so it seems to miss units on stairs; not sure if intended or not, but it should work as well as her 3rd ability.

Looking forward to Wisp and the Flydolon!  😉 

Just finished her in the foundry a moment ago.

As usual, taking a small test run, to get the feel of the new frame.
So, as I am gearing her up;
I install the [Seeker] mod on her signature [Balefire Charger].

This results in direct shots to enemies, to go right through them.
Dealing no damage, and exploding on terrain behind them.

Multiple shots from various angles where made, to get a simple lancer.
As his health remained untouched.

Only in cases where the punch through had allready passed a body, was I able to deal damage.
While most weapons with punch through, do damage to the initial body as well.

Maybe this is intentional.
But it takes away an otherwise fun possibility, with Hildryn's balefire weaponry.

*edit*

Also, upon further use of her Balefire ability.
The lack of being able to jump, feels a bit ... hindering.
Forcing me to make aerial jumps, before charging a shot.

It quickly becomes an obsolete ability,
once Shield Pillage and Haven become available.
Taking out hordes with much more efficiency.

Though it's possible, that further use, will point out.
That Balefire would be great against tougher targets.

Weaknesses and strengths:

Hildryn sure is powerful, and i am loving every second of that.
As I feared, magnetic effects and shield bypassing damage (Nox, Slash procs, etc...), pose the biggest threat to her.
Which can definately be solved with some extra modding, no doubt.

Definately not a candidate for going against a teralyst though.

Now I just need to visit our best friends, to get the answers to this part;
Nullifiers.

Can't wait. :3

*Edit 2*

Surprisingly (or not really), Nullifiers don't seem to be much of a threat.
Strangely enough, unlike most other frame powers, Balefire can damage the nullifier bubbles.
It is against Corpus, where this ability really starts to shine (or I'm starting to get used to toying with it).

Found it a bit awkward, having to cast Balefire, before activating Aegis Storm.
As I tried fruitlessly, to rain down fire from the skies, with her 4th ability active.

Forcing the player to land, activate Balefire, then cast Aegis Storm again.

This is just from the few testruns so far, with a lvl 11 Hildryn.
Which undoubtedly will prove to give some interesting results, once fully forma'd and leveled.

Overall, liking her a lot.
She's just missing a bit of the usual frame finesse, to be mobile, while using (some) abilities.
(although judging from her bulkyness, may be fitting. Then again... *nudge-winks Rhino and Atlas*)

*Edit 3*

Also experiencing some inconvenience.

Using my primary, in situations where it's most needed.
Switching to Balefire then, to pop in a few shots with it.
The moment you turn it back off, it auto-defaults to your secondary.

Resulting in me, either shooting the wrong gun.
Or having to endure enemy fire, as I switch back to primary each time.

*Edit 4*

Finally, I had to test against infested.
To answer one of my biggest questions.

Surprisingly, parasitic eximi do not drain Hildryn's shields at all.
Seeing as it's considered her energy as well.
So that's a good part.
Parasitic enemies won't drain her shields to 0 in the timespan of 0.01 seconds, and render her completely useless.

On the downside.
Poison spreads, and sanguine/venomus/caustic eximi, completely oblitterate her.
One small grouphug party of these lovelies, and hildryn's...* supplements*... show their weakness.

It also makes her shield pillage completely useless in most cases.
As infested usually have no armor/shields.

Final thoughts (so far)

Upon reaching her full potential, Hildryn becomes pretty sturdy.
Still having most trouble with infested, due to their low energy-return.
Yet not making her life completely miserable.

Which an endurance run against them, will eventually have to answer.

As far as power and crowd control goes; she is dominating the field.
The aerial dodge makes her get to points fast enough to cover with Aegis Storm.

It would be nice, to be able to cast all other abilities still, whilst airborne.
If shields are needed, it now forces hildryn to land (which takes a good 1-2 seconds to recover back to full control).

When dealing with a lot of shield bypassing damage, it comes down to getting that good mixture of attaining overshields.
Which might prove painful against levels 300 and up. Only further testing will bring the answer to that.
So far, she performs admirably against hordes.

Definately liking her skillset, and potential a lot.

Spoiler

One thing I did seem to have come across though.
And not sure if this was, due to her Haven ability or not:

During a corrputed defense (the dreaded one; laser- happy people).
A new player was having way too much fun with activating the lasers.
Appearently, totally oblivious to it ignoring friendlies, as he got himself killed several times as well.

But during the times, a teammate got knocked out, suddenly all 3 got obliterated at the same time.
Hildryn herself (not being hit by the beam), received a blast proc, and turned to her empty shields-invulnerable state.
Leaving me with revival duty, on regular intervals.

As if the beam hitting a teammate, gets channeled through her, and then is sent back out, as a massive team-wipe.
(since it does radiation damage? Just guessing)

Further encounters are needed to say with more clarity.
As it may as well have been another trigger, which caused the team to go 'boom'.
(He may have learned of a way to radiation proc the team? - I know it's possible, just not how.)

When I get a more clear answer on this situation, I will definately post these findings asap.
For it was a very inconvenient fissure-run-ender.

Edited by Guest
Edit, typos and final thoughts

I just remembered that she is supposed to be a testing frame for shield gating. So once they move it to other frames her 3 becomes completely worthless since that's the only real value it provides.

With the current iteration of shield gating you're also not solving anything with how bad shields are and is pushing shiled frames into an even worse spot. If anything you'd want even less shields to get your gate faster. Making her 3 even more detrimental.

Edited by SSI_Seraph

I really don't understand some aspects of her kit. Mostly disappointing and underwhelming.

Passive:
Why is she still getting direct/status proc toxin damage and slash proc damage under shield?

Balefire:
Why is Balefire an exalted weapon instead of a moddable copy of Ember 1? Switching and movement makes it too slow.

Shield Pillage:
Why does Shield Pillage needs line of sight? It's already a worse Mag 3, this is so unnecessary. Can confirm that it only works on horizontal plane, even ignoring line of sight.

Haven:
The damage is weak and it doesn't recharge shield in combat.

Aegis Storm:
Why can't she use abilities/weapons in Aegis Storm? Using that ability is a straight nerf on yourself. The mobility is way too slow while the crowd control and damage it gives is pretty weak compared to the drain and the fact enemies just shoot you down from distance.

I might understand the basic idea about her kit is to be a durable warframe which relies in being in the middle of enemy hordes to keep replenishing her shield which is her survival and fuel material that could require good resource management to stay alive while also doing damage and supporting.

Her kit is rather counter-intuitive. While high maximum shield value is desirable, her passive only rewards low shield capacity with fast recharge. This said, spamming 2 is a reliable shield source as long as played against high armor/high shield enemies, but the cost and range makes it hard to reach while the line of sight requirement makes it mostly unusable. Without hitting many with Shield Pillage, her passive is mostly useless and she can't be durable in fights, because of the constant retreats for passive shield recharge.
Balefire is strong, but switching makes it clunky, and the movement restrictions are terrible, makes the weapon unwanted compared to other weapons.
Her high base armor is nonsense since slash proc ignores armor and it won't protect over the direct toxin damage enough.
Using abilities turn off passive shield recharge which also punishes high shield capacity.

I can imagine if her abilities would keep off-combat shield recharge active, Shield Pillage would be more reliable, Haven didn't drain shield when it's not actually charging anything and abilities/weapons would be usable in Aegis Storm, her kit would allow to be itself.

PS: Vazarin exilus slot...why?

Edited by sitfesz

11 hours ago, sappinmahsentry said:

Been using this frame exclusively since she came out. Don't know what the complaints are (maybe people are bad at building her?), but my only complaints are QoL. This review is fresh off doing multiple 30 minute arbitrations and one 60 minute arbitration.

Anyway, Balefire. Balefire deals a ton of damage. I was one-shotting level 120 arbitration enemies with a sub-optimal build, with uncharged shots. Keeping up with an Ash, and even outpacing him when the drones were being less rude. And now that I have blind rage on my hands, it's about to get crazy. My only complaint about this weapon is that the charge animation, while cool, slows you down a lot and triggers far too easily. IMO, the animation should only kick in at half charge, as that's where it starts dealing significantly more damage than uncharged shots. Also, since shots take so long to charge, maybe increase the damage on them a bit? For the sacrifices you need to charge Balefire for, you can just deal more damage and have more mobility by just using uncharged shots.

Shield Pillage. What a fantastic ability. So far, unless I haven't payed attention, I haven't died. At all. This makes Hildryn at higher levels very powerful, yet very engaging. I love it, I love it I love it I love it. I can not give this ability more praise. Though, it should honestly take in shields from 10% of enemy health at base. Seeing a squad with a ton of Corrosive Projection makes me wish I were using Rakta Dark Dagger.

Haven. Hildryn's only actually useless ability. I want to like this ability, I really do. And it's good on paper. But fact of the matter is, this ability drains far too many shields and deals almost no damage at all in high level content. Please just axe the entire "damaging enemies" part.

Aegis Storm. Aegis Storm is supreme fun, and with the bug fixes it's actually useful.  It's a good "I NEED CC RIGHT NOW" button. Only thing I can ask for is, yet more QoL. This ability should not have a channel cost. Instead, increase the per enemy cost by like 5-15 shields per second and we good. It'll drain more when you're surrounded, but you'll be able to fly around at your heart's whim. And fun is what Warframe is about, right? Also, please change the camera position and allow us to zoom.

All in all? Hildryn is my favorite warframe yet. This veteran of four years has finally got something they wanted in this game. An active bullet sponge who can dish it out while taking it.

how does she fair against infested people been saying she is trash against them are you finding it easy around the infected boogers! is toxin one shotting you like everyone else is saying?

toxin one shots her when the procc is too high by default so that she dies before adaptation grants resistance, making adaptation even more must-use. same goes for slash proccs. if she has perma adaptation resistance against slash/toxin its less of an issue but thats not consistent so later in the game when a toxin or slash procc is strong enough she will just die with 4k+ shields and wonder wtf is going on.

that being said, shes still only a tank with some cc right now. i left a first impression here before and i still do think she needs more during her 4. the dash is a start, but she needs more synergy. the question is:

why hildryn over.....????

we have many tanks which bring more to a team than her and these are less vulnerable to sneaky toxin/slash proccs. her 3 drains shields a lot and doesnt rly give good dmg for it, no matter if ur kavat and all teammates are affected.

baelfire works but thats it.

her 4 is AoE cc which limits hildryn a slot and doesnt even give a real 2nd baelfire.

her 2 is her only good ability right now imo but i feel like its still inconsistent. enemies without armor/shields -> useless 2 and even then i sometimes wonder about the joke of shield it gives back.

the core idea is nice, but she should be more dmg focussed than she is. she sacrifices her shields for abilities which is a very offensive statement. like a samurai throwing away his armor to gain more speed at the cost of defense, so to say. her baelfire is not an argument for "offensive". the rest of her abilities are even less so. the dmg on her 4 might as well not be there unless were talking lv 20 enemies, same is the case for her 4.

-->baelfire alt fire mode: seeking rokets, comparable to pax seeker. charging the alt fire -> more rokets. multiple dmg instances would allow a pure status weapon to perform much better than a slow firing launcher. thats typically a crit style, unless its supposed to be meh.

-->2: if no shields/armor -> max health taken into account or a base per enemy to give her something instead of just being a dead ability.

-->3: more dmg to linked enemies from other sources and grants hildryn move speed per linked enemy, +3% for example. shes very reliant on movement which makes her very well fit as a pure melee frame imo, as strange as it might sound to some. move speed would really help her. granting a chance to procc radiation should also be considered.

-->4: she needs to be able to use her other abilities and it should really grant a 2nd baelfire. her final groundslam should be tragetable like melee ground slams. using it during shield pillages expansion or before it returns should result in a huge pull towards her and call shield pillage back whilst increasing its dmg.

if she has an ability that locks out her other weapons the question arises: why would i use it when i cant use my 327k dmg opticor that one shots everything up to lv 140 straight up ? or over my nagantaka with its silly slash proccs ? or or or or ??? the list goes on.

right now shes only a different meatshield.....(will wash my fingers after that bad pun) and a worse tank as such since the others arent as limited build wise, since many things dont work on hildryn, and they also bring more to the team with their abilities.

so, again: why would i pick hildryn over inaros ? or nova (for anyone who doesnt know yet: super tanky lady) ? or nidus ? or rhino ? or trinity ? or mag (quite tanky with adaptation but admitedly less so than the others) ?

Hello, sorry in advance for the faults that follow, this is a translation via google trad.
I would like to make a return on hildryn.
I will not talk about how to get it, I'll just focus on his skills and gameplay.

So lets go, its my feedback :

In order, begin with the passiv, nothing extraordinary, an invincibility where some we found a way to recharge faster the shield that lasts the time of invincibility.
But in itself, it's better than a lot of other warframes.

The first spell is good. Why? Because that one shoot. Not good because there is synergy, not good because it's skilled. No, just another one shoot built into the game. Hard DPS, hard status.

Nothing will be able to make with any other weapon with big damages.

The second spell, will start to be a little more salty
this spell is special, it absorbs armor or shield. Useless on infested, ok. But on the other factions?
The corpus with about 10 x more shield than the grineers have armor, makes this warframe is almost profitable only on 1 faction out of 3 (do not speak about the corrupt ones), the drain is, indeed, too weak on the armor, but besides that if there is not a lot of enemies around you, the spell will cost more than it will bring back. Moreover the fact that the spell is not instant will counter you, in fact a build with a lot of duration (to reduce the blow of 3 and 4) will take 4/5 seconds to make you the shield (I know, you can recast the spell so that it is instant), where a build with little duration will cost too much on the other spells.
Moreover, the drain being a percentage, the more it will be used on the same enemy, the less it will bring you shield.
In addition to the percentage, a flat amount may improve the spell.
The fact that the 2 cuts the status is good, nothing to complain about it.

The third spell is very complicated to describe, it does too much thing that makes it not do not do much ...
Already big problem, it affects only the targets in line of sight and at the same level of the ground.
Damage is too high on low levels while they are completely useless at high levels. Could we find a balance between these two extreme?
Giving a maximum of shield higher up on the allies is not bad, but is not incredible. Too many statuses ignore the shield.
In addition in the description of the spell in French it is written "shield refill: 80%" ... 80% of what? That's + 80%? The shield grows 80% faster? Fortunately the users of the wiki warframe we managed to better explain the spell that the game does it (as usual)
Nothing to say to improve it apart: completely review the spell to make it profitable. It gives shield, ok. The 2 does the same but better. It does damage in AOE, ok. The 4 does the same but better.

The fourth spell, do not know what it wants to do. It makes you fly, but not more than 3 meters from the ground (think of the number of places where your warframe falls off map while you are flying, it makes no sense in a parkour game)
You want to have fun with this "jet-pack" but it goes to 2 km / h.
A snail doubled me in the plains of eidolon!
Hoooo of course you can make a roll to fly faster: it costs 100 of shield / dash ... WAIT WHAT?!!
A sprint will be super good, even if it will cost energy to be run.

Obviously you can not cast the 2 in the air to not infinite the ulti (so many warframes can already infinite ulti, it would have been serious if one more had been added to the game?)
The drain per second is too high. The damage is too low, the enemies are affected, like the 3, only by line of sight and on the same level of the ground. A little downhill, a room with several platforms, and your spell becomes inactive, useless.
The energy drop is good, but 25 / enemy every 10 seconds, it does not pay anything, it's just support for the allies. To you that will not bring you anything.
Finally this final impact is ridiculous, the enemies with armor will take little damage, while those who are vulnerable will already be dead before it happens.
And, oh yes, you can only use your 1 in the air. No weapons (even secondary) ...

To summarize: the warframe I like, in the disign. Good ideas about it, spells that change of habit, a mechanics around the shield ... why not.
BUT, and the "but" is really very important:
The 1 may not exist, we will play any weapon instead, the 2 is too circumspect, and not efficient enough. The 3 is not very useful, not at all. The 4 is dream in the description, but disappoints enormously in the execution.

Do you want to one shoot the map with spell? Do not play hildyn, play saryn / banshee / volt / octavia. You want to control all the enemies around you? Do not play hildryn, play vauban / equinox / khora. You want to tank a lot of damage? Do not play hildryn, play Inaros / Chroma / Rhino / Nidus / Baruuk. You want to fly? Do not play hildryn, play titania / zephyr. Whatever she tries to do, others do it better.

What could improve all that?
-Double the damage on the 4, and remove them on the 3. Otherwise we are left with 2 spells activated permanently, and the energy disappears in a few moments.
-Make a real flying experience, faster, higher. Not according from the floor. I know it has to be less mobile than the archwing, but please, you've sold the dream to everyone on the devstream, and now people will just do it for the xp rank, and the put in the closet to no longer play it.
-Let players use anything other than 1 when they are under ulti.
-Put a small amount of damage on the 2. And put 100% armor and shield removed when the force is boosted to the max.

Hoping that you would not be confused with my feelings for hildryn, and hoping you'll understand that if I'm salty it's because the warframe pleases me. Otherwise I will not talk about it.
Enjoy, Rider

Ok, second review.
After playing it for several hours, I will complete, correct, even contradict my first feedback.

In order :
The passiv is always very powerful, very useful. But insufficient in case of slash or poison

The 1 really needs to be cast under 4, and the turtle animation is binding. Maybe more speed of charge could be beneficial

The 2, still useless against infested, the armor drain on the grineers is only useful from the 70/80 level. Below they have too little armor.

The 3 has the same damage, the same range as the 4. Why do twice the same thing? Why does one interact with the other?
The 3 really needs a redesign.

The 4, when it walks, is very efficient, but always this problem with the ground, the slopes, the angles, the field of vision. Have him act on everything within reach.
The experience of "jet-pack" lacks punch, and the height restriction is too often restrictive to move from one platform to another

To summarize :
The warframe is almost overpowered, BUT, it has flaws that take up too much space in its gameplay. Which means she does not really have a place in a compo. No more tanky than another, see less, no more damage than others, see less ...

Courage for balancing, and well played anyway, the warframe remains fun
o /

Edited by Rider-on-the-Storm