[DE]Danielle

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

Posted (edited)
il y a 11 minutes, DLOArceus a dit :

How can you even deny her having infinite energy? Shields recharge by themselves automatically, for all frames. She uses shields as energy. Thus she has infinite energy while others have to use pizzas, or run Energy Siphon, or use Zenurik Energizing Dash to SLOWLY replenish their energy. It takes what? 3 or so minutes for a Primed Flow Energy Siphon Ivara to replenish her whole energy by just using Energizing Dash? If it was at its minimum or even broken ou stay out of combat with Hildryn for 3-4 seconds and her "energy" is already full again.

You're "screwed" only if you keep playing low level content. At high level missions enemies have so much shield and armor that the gain is still good even with 4 Corrosive Projection. I don't really like that she has no protection against Infested, but on the other hand they are the absolutely easiest and worst faction in the game with only Ancients(mainly Toxin, and not only to her but to everyone). and the 2 Juggernauts being actual threats.

Low level content means really few energy gains anyway.

High level means you'll take enough damage to not allow your shield to resplenish by itself anyway.

There's also something you seem to forget on purpose, your shield won't regenerate if you're being hit by anything.You can put as much shield restore speed as you want on her, you'll never have enough time to fully regenerate a 5k shield without taking a single hit. If Hildryn whole kit means you have to hide in a middle of a fight to get back your shield, no offense but that's quite a terrible design.

Now go play at any level with three people using corrosive projection and enjoy her awesome kit with "infinite" energy. just a hint, corrosive projection is damn common in most people builds these days so we aren't even talking about rare situations.

Finally no offense dude but everything you said is a lie, with 4 corrosive projection you get absolutely no shield back with Hildryn 2nd from armored enemies, nothing at all, rien, nada. the only thing you get back with this power is the amount of armor you've stripped, so with at least 3 CP you get next to nothing, with 4 CP you get nothing cause enemies have no armor.

Better play Hildryn against Infested at this point.

Edited by 000l000
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

Some time has passed since I posted this on the reddit, but some great users have brought important info to my attention: the reason this is happening is because the basis for Hildryn's Line of Sight on her abilities is not at the top or center of her model, but at the bottom of her feet. This is what has created those very buggy scenarios, such as going across bridges and knee high hills or stairs in Corpus Outdoor tilesets and constantly breaking Haven's Link, or going just a smidge lower than an enemy's elevation in the simulacrum and suddenly being unable to hit enemies with Aegis Storm.

• Applause 1

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but this frame is REALLY bad. Really bad.

Completely missed the mark on this one. Its probably THE worst and most useless frame in the game, even more so than Vauban and Wukong.

She can pretty much only be used vs Corpus because her 2 wont restore her shields vs Grineer or Infested cause they have no shields to steal. And theres no reason to pick her vs Corpus when any other frame will do just as well, nay, better.

Her 1 (exalted weapon), the projectile has way too small hitbox. And its hard to land shots on moving enemies cause you can barely see the crosshairs because when she uses her 1, she holds out her hand in front of her and the weapon is too big so its covering part of the crosshairs so hard to know where you are aiming.

She cant use her 2 while in her 4th, so shes draining shields having it on with no way of regaining shields, and you cant even use her 1 while in her 4th UNLESS you activate it BEFORE activating her 4th. And if you have both 1 and 4 activate at the same time youre draining even more shields while also losing shields cause youre getting shot at and taking dmg and shields is THE worst dmg mitigation in the game. Past a certain level, you just get rekt.

And she also needs way TOO many mods to be even slightly useful and you only have 8 slots which is not enough. You need Fleeting Expertize to decrease the initial shield cost of activating an ability, but then you need Primed Continutity and Augur Message to get back to positive duration or else the drain/s will be huge, so with Fleeting and Primed Cont, you have 160% efficiency and 119% duration so now the initial cost and the drain is pretty low. But then you also need Redirection, Augur Accord for shields, and Adaptation is also a good choice, but then you also kinda need shield recharge mods, but you also need range mods like Stretch or Augur Reach in there, and then if you want her 1 to deal as much dmg as possible you also want Power Strength, but theres simply no place for it and if you go for Power Strength, then you cuck her shield drains so it becomes unusable.

And why does her Exilus slot come with D (vazarin) polarity? It makes no sense. Theres not a lot of D polarity mods for Exilus and the only one that could be considered even remotely useful here is Aviator which gives dmg reduction while airborne which im guessing works for her 4th.

This frame just doesnt make a lot of sense. Its a cool idea/concept, but execution is flawed. She needs a complete rework.

PABLO please.

Edited by burem0n0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

One more thing concerning Aegis Storm, when you dash across a "void" you're falling downward automatically, you can't basically cross this kind of area even if you're "flying". If one is able to jump above such obstacles, i don't see why we wouldn't be able to fly over it.

Some bugs or minor issues that could be ironed out:

1. Can’t cast 1 while in Aegis Storm. If it is already active you can use it just fine. This might be a host/client issue.

2. Amalgam barrel diffusion’s +60% dodge speed doesn’t affect Hildryn’s dash, but it does affect edge climbing speed.

3. Balefire has an explosion radius (I think) but cannot use Fulmination.

4. Balefire sometimes makes you charge even when you are trying to tap fire.

5. In Appearance/Regalia, Emblems on her right shoulder don’t attach to anything. The little projector base thing just kind of floats in the air.

6. It is difficult to aim when in Aegis Storm since Hildryn’s body blocks the line of sight. It looks fine when just hovering, but maybe an Aim down sights would help when firing.

That’s all I have for now.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MSEP1 said:

Some bugs or minor issues that could be ironed out:

1. Can’t cast 1 while in Aegis Storm. If it is already active you can use it just fine. This might be a host/client issue.

2. Amalgam barrel diffusion’s +60% dodge speed doesn’t affect Hildryn’s dash, but it does affect edge climbing speed.

3. Balefire has an explosion radius (I think) but cannot use Fulmination.

4. Balefire sometimes makes you charge even when you are trying to tap fire.

5. In Appearance/Regalia, Emblems on her right shoulder don’t attach to anything. The little projector base thing just kind of floats in the air.

6. It is difficult to aim when in Aegis Storm since Hildryn’s body blocks the line of sight. It looks fine when just hovering, but maybe an Aim down sights would help when firing.

That’s all I have for now.

This!

vor 27 Minuten schrieb burem0n0:

Sorry, but this frame is REALLY bad. Really bad.

Completely missed the mark on this one. Its probably THE worst and most useless frame in the game, even more so than Vauban and Wukong.

She can pretty much only be used vs Corpus because her 2 wont restore her shields vs Grineer or Infested cause they have no shields to steal. And theres no reason to pick her vs Corpus when any other frame will do just as well, nay, better.

Her 1 (exalted weapon), the projectile has way too small hitbox. And its hard to land shots on moving enemies cause you can barely see the crosshairs because when she uses her 1, she holds out her hand in front of her and the weapon is too big so its covering part of the crosshairs so hard to know where you are aiming.

She cant use her 2 while in her 4th, so shes draining shields having it on with no way of regaining shields, and you cant even use her 1 while in her 4th UNLESS you activate it BEFORE activating her 4th. And if you have both 1 and 4 activate at the same time youre draining even more shields while also losing shields cause youre getting shot at and taking dmg and shields is THE worst dmg mitigation in the game. Past a certain level, you just get rekt.

And she also needs way TOO many mods to be even slightly useful and you only have 8 slots which is not enough. You need Fleeting Expertize to decrease the initial shield cost of activating an ability, but then you need Primed Continutity and Augur Message to get back to positive duration or else the drain/s will be huge, so with Fleeting and Primed Cont, you have 160% efficiency and 119% duration so now the initial cost and the drain is pretty low. But then you also need Redirection, Augur Accord for shields, and Adaptation is also a good choice, but then you also kinda need shield recharge mods, but you also need range mods like Stretch or Augur Reach in there, and then if you want her 1 to deal as much dmg as possible you also want Power Strength, but theres simply no place for it and if you go for Power Strength, then you cuck her shield drains so it becomes unusable.

And why does her Exilus slot come with D (vazarin) polarity? It makes no sense. Theres not a lot of D polarity mods for Exilus and the only one that could be considered even remotely useful here is Aviator which gives dmg reduction while airborne which im guessing works for her 4th.

This frame just doesnt make a lot of sense. Its a cool idea/concept, but execution is flawed. She needs a complete rework.

PABLO please.

She is good against Corpus and GRINEER because you can get shields from enemy shields and armor.
Her 1 is very strong against trash mobs my 1 make over 150k dmg with each attack so its not so bad.
Her 2 is useless against ONLY INFESTET for getting shields but you can remove debuffs from you and your allies and you say Hildryn need Range mods? Not realy if they would fix the LoS from her 4 maybe then you need range but only for that.
The 15m from her 2 are the cast radius not the final the abillity will expand.
I played her on Arb. Def. against void up to lvl 260 and she had no problem with that.

And dont forgett if the dev would buff her shields or recharge than she would be nearly unkillable with 2x Arcane Barrier R3.

I love her and i play with Duration: 135%, Eff: 75%, Range: 100%, Strength: 284% and 2x Arcane Barrier R3

22 minutes ago, pigfard said:

1 skill is almost uselesss

It's too slow.  Is this what you think of as a ninja play?

Don't you know why people like mesa, saryn, volt?

1 skill change it as like staticor

If  use staticore when hildryn use Skill 4,

Hildrin becomes a god tier

(add Please speed up hildryn flight)

Posted (edited)

Fun frame, good work!

The unique dashing mobility is probably my fav feature about her. Can't really talk about her balancing factor yet, but seeing lots of ppl deeming her "mediocre" is usually a good sign. 😉

Admittedly i didn't really follow the thread so far so i'm sure these points were mentioned numerous times already, anyway here some issues i noticed:

- Balefor can't be activated during Aegis Storm (must be done before activating the latter). Since she can't use any other weapons anyway i don't see any reason why Balefor shouldn't be activated automatically when casting AS.

- Balefor charge is lost when dashing. Y tho?

- Balefor AOE could be further enhanced by fully charging, atm rapid fire almost always seems the best way to go.

- Shield Pillage: How about making it possible to extract shields from affected enemies instantly by killing them?

That's about it for the moment.

I notice a design pattern of recent frames getting extra meters / conditional build-up / payoff-mechanics to make up for the overabundance of regular energy. Not bad, not bad at all.

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir

Finally managed to build and use her.

She's a complete wreck, both kit and release.

Figure it out yourselves, I'm tired of this.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

Finally managed to build and use her.

She's a complete wreck, both kit and release.

Figure it out yourselves, I'm tired of this.

Such helpful feedback. Buy yourself a pie since you just won the internet with this. How is she a wreck? What can they do to make it better?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

Such helpful feedback. Buy yourself a pie since you just won the internet with this. How is she a wreck? What can they do to make it better?

i actually kind of agree with him. DE has knowledge of the 4 factions. some of the problems hildryn has should not even be a problem. issues like armor giving a poor feedback of shield and HP giving no shield, line of sight on defensive abilities, elevation problems (we experienced this with gara mass vitrify which they later fixed)

launching a frame and then getting people to put up ideas on how to fix it rather than getting feedback on adding additional tweaks to improve on something that is already working is not good.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

Honestly that was probably the best feedback I've seen so far.

I've given detailed feedback myself, but it really feels like stating the obvious. Nothing so unfathomably badly designed should ever have made it into the game no matter what. I thought some other recently released frames were badly designed, but this just takes it to a whole new unexplored level of fail.

Everything about her is one step forward, ten steps back. You're better off never using any of her abilities because they're weak, clunky and dysfunctional, yet with an array of punishing limitations and downsides to... balance how weak and useless they are? idk.

When Hyldrin was announced everyone was like "oh no, a shield based frame, this will be a disaster", and yet they've done absolutely nothing to mitigate this, just rolled with it and somehow made it even worse by making her abilities harm her own shields and prevent them from charging, making her shields even worse than normal.

I'm appalled by how bad this frame is, yet some people are praising her. I can only assume they've never tried modding a warframe or a staticor, or actively using their abilities? Two of our starter frames, Volt and Mag, are a gazillion times more powerful and more survivable than Hyldrin, their abilities are actually good or at least functional.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
il y a 44 minutes, Kromatia a dit :

They have 18 pages of that and full-on reddit threads. It's week 2 and all the change we got is a dash that costs shields despite all the backlash reb got for it on twitter after considering aegis storm "quite powerful" to justify the cost. 

The whole concept of a shield frame when shields are in such a bad state to begin with is questionable. Add to that the fact that they did the bare minimum when it comes to her interaction with energy modding. 

Edited by SSI_Seraph
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Mudfam:

Honestly that was probably the best feedback I've seen so far.

I've given detailed feedback myself, but it really feels like stating the obvious. Nothing so unfathomably badly designed should ever have made it into the game no matter what. I thought some other recently released frames were badly designed, but this just takes it to a whole new unexplored level of fail.

Everything about her is one step forward, ten steps back. You're better off never using any of her abilities because they're weak, clunky and dysfunctional, yet with an array of punishing limitations and downsides to... balance how weak and useless they are? idk.

When Hyldrin was announced everyone was like "oh no, a shield based frame, this will be a disaster", and yet they've done absolutely nothing to mitigate this, just rolled with it and somehow made it even worse by making her abilities harm her own shields and prevent them from charging, making her shields even worse than normal.

I'm appalled by how bad this frame is, yet some people are praising her. I can only assume they've never tried modding a warframe or a staticor, or actively using their abilities? Two of our starter frames, Volt and Mag, are a gazillion times more powerful and more survivable than Hyldrin, their abilities are actually good or at least functional.

I play her since she came out and I have to say she is very good. You just can not see it as a pure tank but as a supporter. Her 1 is good for trash mobs, her 2 is good for removing debuffs from her and allies and refilling the shields.
The 3 is in my opinion the best ability because she gives the team overshield and if they lose their shields they will be invulnerable 3s which has saved my teammates so many times the life. The 4 is a good CC and gives energy to the team unfortunately the bad LoS makes the ability almost useless. Sure, you have to be a little more careful at the higher level, but if you do not want to to think in a figth over the team, opponent positioning and your own shields then you play just Inaros ^^

To call her a "disaster" is in my oppinion not right. 😞
Because she can survive 260+ without any problems

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
il y a 4 minutes, God_Emperor_Phex a dit :

I play her since she came out and I have to say she is very good. You just can not see it as a pure tank but as a supporter. Her 1 is good for trash mobs, her 2 is good for removing debuffs from her and allies and refilling the shields.
The 3 is in my opinion the best ability because she gives the team overshield and if they lose their shields they will be invulnerable 3s which has saved my teammates so many times the life. The 4 is a good CC and gives energy to the team unfortunately the bad LoS makes the ability almost useless. Sure, you have to be a little more careful at the higher level, but if you do not want to to think in a figth over the team, opponent positioning and your own shields then you play just Inaros ^^

You have to keep in mind that she is just the testing frame for shield gating. Once they generalize it with this iteration (which would be super bad and encourge building even less shields)or another, she automatically loses a huge part of her current value and all you're left with is a shield tank that can drop energy orbs. 

Plus she has some glaring issues that have been overlooked until now like the fact that charging balefire is completely not worth it or the LOS check on pillage and the absurd cost on enemy drain for haven with next to no benefit. 

Edited by SSI_Seraph
  • Upvote 1

Hildryn should be able to sprint and parkour while charging and shooting the Balefire on the ground.

Balefire really isn't strong enough to justify the restricted movement. Otherwise I'm really loving her kit.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I have trouble understanding how some people can find Hildryn OK. 

Its 1 is OK but would be more interesting with a faster projectile and a real utility to the load compared to its cost. Why not also increase the range of the explosion with the charge for example?

Its 2 is completely useless against the infested, which makes it unplayable against them. Moreover, it would be much more interesting if it could cross walls like many other abilities.

Its 3 is useless as it stands. Damage to enemies is laughable at a completely disproportionate cost. Might as well remove the effect on enemies and increase its range while allowing it to cross walls.

Her 4 is really average. Why did you put in a second weapon without any noticeable effect on his 1? A reduction in the cost of the 1, increase in damage, firing rate....  The damage is also laughable but anyway it was designed to provide CC and support via orbs. The range seems far too weak and the CC occurs to be random as mentioned from someone. Other warframes do much better in both areas. (Hi Nezha <3)

Her passive is interesting but why not go further by allowing her to enjoy some of her armor on her overshield.  I mean... 300 armor... seriously. 

At least Adaptation mod exists but without arcanes and this mod she seems really really really squishy....

Well, I love the idea but not the execution.

Edited by Svidar
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

il y a 15 minutes, God_Emperor_Phex a dit :

Yeah Wukong can survive 260+ too without any problems. Is it a good warframe ? 

We have a lot of good designed warframe like Nidus, Nezha, Harrow  with SYNERGIES...  Hildryn is definitively not one of them.  She needs strong fixes.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 2019-03-18 at 9:15 AM, Chewarette said:

No, she's gorgeous actually.

Don't have any feedback yet as I have just leveled her and I'm not finished with her formatting yet, so I've only played the meme build (around the passive) so far

Nope, ugly AF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, burem0n0 said:

Just get yourself 2 sets of Arcane Aegis, man, she's immortal man, toxin doesn't exist man, she's overpowered man, it's just 20 arcanes to get, man, or just buy them for 1k plat, man, her 3 is good, man, she's great against corpus, man, perfect frame, man👌👌👌👌😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

Just to point out, some people posting builds they like with her are using two rare shield arcanes that currently can only be purchased or farmed from time-gated RNGtastic Eidolons. 

Since this shield themed frame comes from Venus, and there are now two end-game shield/defense themed fights on Venus, I'm wondering why we don't have access to these arcanes on Venus? Why do you have to go back to Earth to get them and only during these clock-locked periods from fights with large loot tables? Without shield restoring arcanes there are a lot fewer viable options I suspect. I mean, try playing her with 75% efficiency and no shield arcanes and tell me how often and how long you can cast for example.

Venus end-game fights are highly unrewarding currently and it seems like a solution to helping people get end-game arcanes that open up more build options is sitting there on Venus, waiting to get a better loot table. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Additional feedback after 5 forma...

Aura - there isn't really any decent aura choices for her, there's no extra shield aura and you're actually hurting yourself to use corrosive projection/shield disruption as it removes what you use to 'recharge' your abilities.  In the end I've plumped for toxin resistance seeing as she's pretty much dead if she touches a gas cloud. 

Abilities -

Balefire -  still feel it needs a larger aoe, especially on charge attacks.  Hit box needs to be a little bigger too imo.

Shield Pillage - it doesn't return enough shield to actually make it worth using, I've literally seen it return less than it actually cost to trigger, even more obvious on lower levels and non corpus maps....   No idea why it needs a time delay for the shields to be added either.

Haven - energy drain is too high on enemies, you essentially want to have this active all the time but it's just so heavy to run, it's not like we have a way of restoring shields like you would energy.   Casting cost is just stupidly high.  Drain also seems to apply to nekros shadows, companions I can understand but why things like nekros shadows?.....

Aegis Storm - drain seems a bit too high for a crowd control ability, range could be a bit bigger at base, and damage (once again there is no scaling damage...) isn't really large enough for a 'damage ability'.  It's kind of a jack of all trades, master of none type ability.  Movement is far too slow and I don't get the need for line of sight on it.  Can't zoom balefire when in aegis storm either plus I still want to just use my normal weapons over balefire which also ends up reducing the amount of time you can stay in the air because that is also sucking away shield energy. 

Yes I can get 25 shields per energy orb but that literally gives me just over 2 seconds extra flight time when even on a high efficiency build it still costs around 10 shield per second...

edit: Note I don't have any of these fancy arcanes (well not at rank 3 anyway) to use and in all honesty a warframe should not NEED any arcanes to function properly.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 2