Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

11 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

yes it is actually and while looking back to your edited post i do agree it is tedious but i don't agree of adding the ability to hold archgun while in her aegis storm ability as it makes the ability too busy and would give her and unfair advantage to her being able to use archguns in the form while everyone else has to wait to get the ability to use archguns.  

if every frame has to wait for their archgun then hildryn has to do it too. plus the archgun she comes with isn't what hildryn is about, hildryn is about her control of shields.

Other warframes weren't advertised with their signature weapon being an archgun. 

A) Hildryn is advertised using her archgun and instead we get a dinky little balefire that is awkward to use with its high cost and isn't even that strong to warrant the cost, my normal weapons are usually better and my weapons aren't great.

B) It's her 4.  Other frames get global nukes for their 4's.  She'd just gets to use her archgun temporarily during her draining helicopter mode.

C) Other frames not getting to do something is no excuse in the slightest.  Other frames can't assassinate targets with finishers across the map at-will but Ash can.  Other frames can't put the map to sleep and wrack up stealth bonuses like Equinox can. (Even frames that you'd expect should be able to, but no, the stealth multiplier is so sensitive.  You'd think in a game of space ninjas stealth would be more viable)

So this feedback is probably pointless and this point but I’m gonna do it anyways.

Something needs to be done about Balefire slowing movement even when just rapid firing. Maybe make it a threshold that it has to be charged up to 25% before your movement gets hindered.

Is there any reason we can’t be allowed to use Shield Pillage during Aegis Storm?

Give some form of benefit to using Bale fire while in Aegis Storm. It doesn’t make sense to suddenly have two Balefires visually but no added benefit. Double the damage or fire rate.

Haven only dealing damage to enemies is not enough. What happened to the idea from the devstream that it would continuously drain enemy shields and armor? That would’ve been a great effect to balance out the hefty shield cost.

Have Shield pillage take a small percentage if Infested health to restore Hildryns Shields. Having the ability that fuels all her other abilities be completely useless against an entire faction cripples Hildryn.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Pillage tweaks:  Though it's been mentioned before, have some way it works against Flesh (such as Infested). Could have it return a flat amount per enemy that's pillaged on top of the % value.  This at least guarantees some return against all enemies.  OR just make Flesh enemies return a flat value.  This would be easier to control balance since HP can scale aggressively.

Another aspect would be to return shields if enemies are killed while under the Pillage proc.  A couple ways could apply here:  killed enemies while being Pillaged give back a bonus amount of Shields on top of the % amount (so say 100% increase). So if you have 32% as your abilitie's amount of return, it then becomes 64%.  And say Flesh enemies return 50 Energy when Pillaged (can be effected by Strength Mods of course).  Following the same format before, if they are killed while being Pillaged, it returns double the amount.  This also plays a bit more into the role of having Duration in this ability as it gives that brief moment to kill these foes to increase some level of efficiency in obtaining shields.

2 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

Other warframes weren't advertised with their signature weapon being an archgun. 

A) Hildryn is advertised using her archgun and instead we get a dinky little balefire that is awkward to use with its high cost and isn't even that strong to warrant the cost, my normal weapons are usually better and my weapons aren't great.

B) It's her 4.  Other frames get global nukes for their 4's.  She'd just gets to use her archgun temporarily during her draining helicopter mode.

C) Other frames not getting to do something is no excuse in the slightest.  Other frames can't assassinate targets with finishers across the map at-will but Ash can.  Other frames can't put the map to sleep and wrack up stealth bonuses like Equinox can. (Even frames that you'd expect should be able to, but no, the stealth multiplier is so sensitive.  You'd think in a game of space ninjas stealth would be more viable)

A) revenant was advertised with the phantasma and tatsu but his weapons he was advertised with were not part of his abilities, chroma was advertised with the ripkas and the kohmak yet he has no ability that utilize them. i could go all day and night about this bit about you trying to get an excuse of getting to use a weapon earlyer then everybody else but it'll get draining

B) we do not need more nuke frames or frames with sweeping kill every fricking thing. DE has been stating that want to avoid that bit. so do not try and give them a dang reason to go back.

C) i would agree with the stealth bit and ninja bit. but right now i the only thing i see that you want is to have every frame bland and have every frame have a kill everything button or something else boring.  just because you don't want to wait for your clan or a for you to reach the require 5th rank for it . 

you could of put feedback requesting that the requirement of 5th rank of solaris be knocked down a rank or 2 but you go with the "hildryn was advertised with this weapon so hildryn should get a pass and have it tied to her ability" 

plus do you know how much of a fricking  headache game developing is coding this and that having to deal with bugs and glitches appearing left and right with each installment of the game, they would have to reanimate hildryn to adjust her holding the dang archgun while levitating, they then would have to mess around with the energy drain of the ability making drain faster since she is using something that they wanted to be used sparingly, and then anything else i cant think of right now. game coding isn't cut and paste. 

2 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

plus before you attempt you counter me with something else just stop pause and think 

:do i need this right now?" "is there some other weapons that i might like that can tied me over?"  

Il y a 2 heures, maddragonmaster a dit :

A) revenant was advertised with the phantasma and tatsu but his weapons he was advertised with were not part of his abilities, chroma was advertised with the ripkas and the kohmak yet he has no ability that utilize them. i could go all day and night about this bit about you trying to get an excuse of getting to use a weapon earlyer then everybody else but it'll get draining

But I can use these weapons constantly, while archgun is a five-minute recovery, and does not work in 4, without which Hildryn in principle not able to survive too long in enemy fire. By the way, you can't use archgun if your equipment is locked. (For example in the sanctuary).

I've already said, all I need from this frame is to resist the toxin without shamanism. But if you have the opportunity to snap my favorite type of weapon to the skill, why not? At this point, we don't have the skills to use archwing weapons. And if you want to say " Titania," I can upset you, it's a secondary weapon. 

Why I want to use archgun? It's not even about strength, because they are either weaker or similar to primary or secondary weapons. But they are BRUTAL! And I can say that uncle Torgue would only approve of one weapon in the game. It Grattler! But we have this limitation.

And on account of the fact that this is a game about space ninja. I think that the most correct development of the gameplay is to give players the freedom to choose how to pass the mission. The appearance of modes where you need frames that can kill a couple of keys-this is certainly not correct. But to build a game in one stealth is not correct, as it quickly gets bored.

Edited by zhellon

22 minutes ago, zhellon said:

But I can use these weapons constantly, while archgun is a five-minute recovery, and does not work in 4, without which Hildryn in principle not able to survive too long in enemy fire. By the way, you can't use archgun if your equipment is locked. (For example in the sanctuary).

I've already said, all I need from this frame is to resist the toxin without shamanism. But if you have the opportunity to snap my favorite type of weapon to the skill, why not? At this point, we don't have the skills to use archwing weapons. And if you want to say " Titania," I can upset you, it's a secondary weapon. 

Why I want to use archgun? It's not even about strength, because they are either weaker or similar to primary or secondary weapons. But they are BRUTAL! And I can say that uncle Torgue would only approve of one weapon in the game. It Grattler! But we have this limitation.

And on account of the fact that this is a game about space ninja. I think that the most correct development of the gameplay is to give players the freedom to choose how to pass the mission. The appearance of modes where you need frames that can kill a couple of keys-this is certainly not correct. But to build a game in one stealth is not correct, as it quickly gets bored.

i can agree with the onslaught issue, and the toxin and slash problem.  but since kingsmount basicly said "you should do this." rather then " can this be possible?"  then i am strongly against it. plus this whole arguing with this bit and dance is starting to remind myself of the old stuff that i have done that i regret doing on these threads. 

look it's absurd to have hildryn start all the sudden carrying a big heavy gun around while floating barely around the place with no rhyme or reason and that saying something with warframe. so why flood feedback for hildryn with demands that go against what DE said about their desire for archguns cause they said they wanted them to be brief moments of power and not be used so commonly so why demand for something that wont happen?

i can see making a forum in feedback making the suggestion of reducing the syndicate requirements to start doing profit taker faster or some counter requirements, and making a suggestion of reworking the limit on gear  in onslaught or have the access of archgun worked like how melee use to work by holding f to switch to archweapons and then have archweapons be on a cooldown system. but to burden an already busy ability with a nice in theory idea is terrible. it's just extra work with the animations and balancing that has to be done for this idea to work. 

il y a 40 minutes, maddragonmaster a dit :

look it's absurd to have hildryn start all the sudden carrying a big heavy gun around while floating barely around the place with no rhyme or reason and that saying something with warframe. so why flood feedback for hildryn with demands that go against what DE said about their desire for archguns cause they said they wanted them to be brief moments of power and not be used so commonly so why demand for something that wont happen?

They promised archgun instead of primary and secondary weapons. I expected it. But instead of the expected update, disappointed and felt cheated. But even so, this short usage should make at least some sense. Now it's pointless, because archwing weapons are weaker than small guns.

Edited by zhellon

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

They promised archgun instead of primary and secondary weapons. I expected it. But instead of the expected update, disappointed and felt cheated. But even so, this short usage should make at least some sense. Now it's pointless, because archwing weapons are weaker than small guns.

i can see the point. but this is not archgun feedback. this is hildryn feedback. anything that has to deal with archgun should be saved for an archgun feedback forum or thread. 

even though hildryn came with a archgun in her bundle doesn't mean she's the archgun expert.

il y a 3 minutes, maddragonmaster a dit :

i can see the point. but this is not archgun feedback. this is hildryn feedback. anything that has to deal with archgun should be saved for an archgun feedback forum or thread. 

even though hildryn came with a archgun in her bundle doesn't mean she's the archgun expert.

You're right. This was once said that she uses her archgun on archwing missions. Although I believe much more useful that her passive works on archwing missions. But still I would like to have more interactions with the wings, as in fact the mission of archwing is a dead mode. It's like giving the operator mode a rollback in 5 minutes, though that was the case too, and we all know it was terrible. Hopefully they'll make a frame that could make full use of archwing gear, including wing skills on normal missions.

But okay, this is really beyond the scope of this topic.

Ok first post but i just want to talk about Hildryn because i loved her design and just the concept. Anyways finally got her and played around with her alittle bit and I am pretty disappointed. And im worried because its been a few weeks and DE hasnt really talked about any changes to her or her abilities. So im going to put my thoughts and suggestions, this is from a 0 forma build but having done research, watched multiple videos, and messing around with builds so take that with what you will.

Passive: If Hildryn's shield gating will be universal one day, it has to be changed into something else eventually. I dont know what it would be, maybe any damage to health is damaged to shields instead? Just thinking about it

Ability 1 (Balefire):

• Please take away the slow animation of the Balefire, either charged or uncharged because it is rather annoying and really slows down gameplay. While i understand what they are trying to do. The damage inflicted by Balefire, even charged, is not really good to warrant the slowdown.
  • Speaking of damage, raw damage isnt good and with low crits and stats it really hampers the ability and as an exalted weapon it should be better. Balefire is basically the staticor so why not make it staticor on steroids? Have uncharged you have increased fire rate and higher status but charged shots will have low status and higher crit and truly make it powerful like 3x multiplier or something so there is a reason to use charged shots. I like the concept but damage is really poor

Ability 2 (Shield Pillage): Pretty simple ability but some problems has been pointed out by players already, only affecting shields and armor (dont know if it affects it the same or more for shield compared to armor) but not health for infected. Proposal:

• keep the drain affecting enemies aka 40% drain means 40% of the total X is drained from enemy. BUT the amount your shields gain is 40% your max shields or 40% of the amount drained, whichever is higher. So that way you have a consistent way to recharge shields. Right now you get diminishing returns each time its used.
  • shield pillage should drain from the total X pool of the enemy. (Example: 30% drain on 1000 Shield enemy equals 30% of 1000, After that the shield left on enemy is 700. Shield pillage again and it will still do 30% of the total Shield aka 1000. 700->300. That way enough shield pillages will strip armor, shields or.....
  • Make Shield Pillage drain the highest amount of X whatever on enemy. Only applies to the actual stats of enemy not after aka 100 shields but 500 health doesnt mean shield pillage will strips health. but on infected with 1000 health will have their health stripped. (This sounds OP already but this is just random thoughts)
  • Have duration matter. At this point there is not really a reason to have duration to benefit Shield Pillage. Maybe have it where enemies within the radius of shield pillage do something like a jamming affect while they are affected to help reduce damage, anything really. This way players can have more functionality to diversify their builds. The only reason to have duration now on Hildryn is to give more time before giving you shields by maybe affecting more enemies.

Ability 3 (Haven): No real use, except teamplay and minor nuisance to enemies. Proposal:

• Have enemies affected by radiation procs while haven is on them. Good CC. Maybe increase damage? Dont know
  • This is a random idea but keeping with the theme of a tank (drawing inspiration from Zarya, Overwatch), maybe have enemies that are attached to her do reduce damage to her but any damage they put is accumulated and increases her power strength maybe? This will be awesome for Tanking and dealing damage. (But it does sound like Chroma, i just want her to do good solo rather than this being a general team ability. 
  • Any suggestions really because i cant think of anything

Ability 4 (Aegis Storm): Slow, no incentive to fly high, height limit, locked to using only Balefire

• Take away the height limit, if Zephyr can fly into the top of POE then Hildryn should too. 
  • Sprint button to move at a faster speed. 
  • Make the actual second Balefire do something and not be just cosmetic. Theres no incentive to using this ability except CC and that means you fly low. Make it so using this abiity significantly improves Balefire damage. Going above a certain height means you do even more damage and have higher fire rate, at the expense of CC which is a good tradeoff and incentive to fly higher. Charged shot can also leave Lenz like bubbles on the ground that do damage. 
  • Remove the lock for using only Balefire. With the changes i proposed, Balefire would be extremely better but it wont be boring. Its archwing but in normal missions which is fun. Hell its basically as close to Anthem and having jetpacks so why not. 
  • Have a height limit where Hildryn does the slam, maybe 20 feet and higher so its not so disruptive)
  • Make it so you can cast your 2 still but at a lower shield drain so its not "broken" (if DE does make Aegis Storm more powerful i would say dont make this possible but as of now theres no reason why you shouldnt activate 2 while in 4.
  • Crazy thought but in keeping with the idea of "Attack Helicopter", maybe when holding your other abilities down you can do more stuff (1-shooting a bomb that is like an oberon field? 3- launch missiles that seek out enemies near reticule, deals more damage to tethered targets from haven, except 4)

Misc.

• Dashing should make you go a little father so its not just a cosmetic change for a roll. Also add a "shield charge", any enemy that Hildryn dashes into will be knocked down similar to how a Nox pushes you down.
  • On the idea of shield gating I would add it where once you reach full shields itll take 10 seconds or something before youre shield gates are active again, so that way it wont be "abused". Having said that i would add more shield gates if you can reach above 100% of your base shields. Aka Hildryn has 1 shield gate at 1500, having 3000 shields means you have 2, 3 shield gates at 4500 shields. But the shield gate 3 second invulnerability wont be activated until it goes back to full. This gives incentive to modding for more shields and makes Hildryn more tanky as well. 
  • Remove the restriction of not having energy mods. I think in one of the devstreams they were still working on her and said they wanted to have some interaction on energy and shields since shields is her energy. I would want this to happen outside of some mods like the augur set or brief respite so you wont have infinite abilities basically. But primed flow would add more shields, etc. 

Whew theres all my ideas. I had a lot on my mind while watching videos of her and while playing her. I know some of my suggestions would make her "broke" i guess but Hildryn does feel like a warframe that has many abilities but no real theme except SHIELDS. Instead of working her abilities to be awesome on top of that

Having tried her in the last 2 weeks with some of my clanmates.

Our shared opinion is that she is fine but she has several problems that makes her hard to use in high level content:

-Her 1 is ok for low-mid game enemies but starts to fall off pretty quickly with high level enemies. This would be ok normally, it's the 1 after all, but being it the only weapon that we can use while in her 4, i think it's a pretty big downside. The immediate slow that you receive after charging is also pretty annoying, I don't see any particoular reason to have something similar to be honest

-Her 2 is the main reason she has something to say in high level content, but it's almost useless against infested.
Clearing all the status is also very good, until some high level enemy proc bleed a single time, because that proc will be enough to completely annihilate her health.
I'll put some suggestion to solve this problem at the end of this post.

-Her 3 is kinda ok to support allies, but against enemies is completely useless. The damage it does is just too low, and there is really no benefit in using it.

-Her 4, without arcane barrier or aegis, is unusable, because of the excessive drain of energy and the inability of casting the 2.
But even with said arcanes equipped, it has some problems.
1)The limit in height is unecessary
2)The already mentioned inability of casting her 2
3)She can use only her 1 to damage enemies, sharing all it's problems.
4)She has 2 balefire in her hands, why this doesn't results in an increse in fire rate (like all akimbo weapons) or an increase in damage (shooting with both at the same time = double the damage)?

I'll try to put a list of tweaks that would make her more fun and strong:

For her 1:
-Completely remove the slow mechanic while charging the shot
-Enhance a little bit her CC or SC, because I repeat, if it was just an exalted weapon it would have been underwelming but viable, but it's the only source of damage we have while in her 4, so it directly affects her 4 making it much less usable.

For her 2:
Make that against infested it drains their HP and converts them in shields, making her life more confortable against them.
An alternative would be to enhance the drain of armor agains infested, it's up to you, just make her usable against infested.

Another thing that would be very helpfull is to extend the immunity to procs for all the duration of the ability. It would't be that much, but it would be very helpfull.

For her 3:

Give her specific reasons to use it against enemies. I would be satisfied if you could do something similar to nidus 3 with a redirection of incoming damage against them, but I would opt for something a little bit more drastic: make that, if her 3 affects enemies, she becomes immune to all procs.
You can balance this thing putting an higher drain cost, but she desperately needs something to survive the damned bleed procs. And this thing will not affect at all the usage of her 2, because the drain this ability has needs to be countered by a constant flow of recovered shield, the thing that her 2 makes very well.

Another alternative to make her more viable would be to make her passive for overshield to be extended also for normal shields, so that procs that normally would bypass her shield entirely would damage directly her shields instead. I know, it would become very strong, and that's why I presented a more simple and balanced alternative putting the immunity on her 3.

For her 4:

-Completely discard the height limit, it's just tedious, it serves no purpose.
-Make her 2 castable while in her 4, making this ability tolerable even without arcanes
-The fact that she has 2 balefire should be traslated in an enhance in damage or fire rate
-Also the bastille effect does radiation damage, why not making that it also procs radiation?

Thanks for the attention, I really hope that doesn't do the end of baruuk and she receive some love, because in this state it's only a generic tank with no survivability against bleed and nothing new to bring to the squad, other than a weak bastille.

I really like the concept of this warframe, so I hope that some tweaks will be make to make her the great tank she deserves to be.

Bleeding's not a problem. You can put 2 Arcane and get rid of it completely. With toxin, you can't do that, since procks toxin is funny and even useful for stacking adaptation. But you need 150% to resist toxin damage and 170-200% against the infected with their aura to defend against it DAMAGE. And here no skills will not help. Super shields flies from a single blow, and they must not accumulate more than 1200. That is, the mechanics are not working. Better to let them remove the restriction on super shields capacity either will make a priority to absorption shields->supershields->hp.

Personally, I don't really understand what is the use of large shields in 4-5K, if in fact we need to play through super shields?

Edited by zhellon

2 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Bleeding's not a problem. You can put 2 Arcane and get rid of it completely. With toxin, you can't do that, since procks toxin is funny and even useful for stacking adaptation. But you need 150% to resist toxin damage and 170-200% against the infected with their aura to defend against it DAMAGE. And here no skills will not help. Super shields flies from a single blow, and they must not accumulate more than 1200. That is, the mechanics are not working. Better to let them remove the restriction on super shields capacity either will make a priority to absorption shields->supershields->hp.

Yes it is, like I said her 4 is only usable with aegis and barrier, putting an arcane dedicated to have a percentage of deny a proc is not only a waste of space, but it doesn't keep you always safe. If you take a bleed proc after some time in arbitration, is a guaranteed death. 

Toxin is also very bad, but bleed is more dangerous, because of bleed ignoring armor entirely.

il y a 18 minutes, PrometeicoS051 a dit :

Toxin is also very bad, but bleed is more dangerous, because of bleed ignoring armor entirely.

Well, like I said, it's a solvable problem. I'm running with these two guys. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Deflection

The incision itself won't go through the shields. But I can't say that about the toxin. And most of my deaths are from a successfully run-up toxic ancient with a toxic aura. I know many ways to restore my shields without arcane. But using an antitoxin mod and aura, Aviator, keep 90% of the toxin resist from adapting and still die from one mistake - isn't there too much requirement? No, if they release antitoxin prime or umbra, I won't have any questions. But it needs to be at least 90% of the resist. And umbra set with shields, in principle, should provide all 150%, otherwise the shields and will not make any sense. Especially for a tank frame.

I've tried playing extremetech against those infected with the dark dagger and I can say that it works very badly and the big shields are just evil.

Edited by zhellon

4 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Well, like I said, it's a solvable problem. I'm running with these two guys. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Deflection

The incision itself won't go through the shields. But I can't say that about the toxin. And most of my deaths are from a successfully run-up toxic ancient with a toxic aura. I know many ways to restore my shields without arcane. But using an antitoxin mod and aura, Aviator, keep 90% of the toxin resist from adapting and still die from one mistake - isn't there too much requirement?

With this build you can't afford to go in your 4 because of the excessive drain. I'm not taking in consideration build with arcane deflection or resistance because they makes your build way more inefficient if confronted with one with arcane aegis and barrier.

My solution is for all procs, and would sinergize perfectly with all abilities.

It's a waste of time and resources minmaxing proc resistance with arcanes and mod, and in high level content all the effort you had is still not enough.

il y a 10 minutes, PrometeicoS051 a dit :

With this build you can't afford to go in your 4 because of the excessive drain. I'm not taking in consideration build with arcane deflection or resistance because they makes your build way more inefficient if confronted with one with arcane aegis and barrier.

The dog restores shields. With an energy efficiency of 175%, one is enough to shoot with 1 under active 3 and 4. The arbitrations I use spectrum Meg and drone shieldgen + guard if my shield down. I don't like shield Arcans. I can't control their effects, they're not stable.The slash resistor is perfect for me.

Edited by zhellon

47 minutes ago, zhellon said:

Bleeding's not a problem. You can put 2 Arcane and get rid of it completely.

My problem with this kind of reasoning is that arcanes shouldn't be required to solve a problem, they should be nice buffs that you choose and create synergies with.

There's all these different strategies people talk about to patch up Hyldrin's fundamental flaws. This is ridiculous, she's an absolute mess that can't stand on her own legs. Even if you dedicate every possible slot, including on your operator's, to trying to fix her problems, what do you have left? An ineffectual passive tank that needs to be constantly micromanaged to not get oneshot?

She is unfathomably bad, yet somehow there is some appeal to her, a cool factor I guess. If you just causally take her out for a quick spin she seems fun and tough, people are just overlooking her flaws, even youtubers that are normally critical, so DE will probably just do the same. It's sad, I'd like to play her, but not just to combat her own inadequacy.

• Like 1

il y a 1 minute, Mudfam a dit :

My problem with this kind of reasoning is that arcanes shouldn't be required to solve a problem, they should be nice buffs that you choose and create synergies with.

There's all these different strategies people talk about to patch up Hyldrin's fundamental flaws. This is ridiculous, she's an absolute mess that can't stand on her own legs. Even if you dedicate every possible slot, including on your operator's, to trying to fix her problems, what do you have left? An ineffectual passive tank that needs to be constantly micromanaged to not get oneshot?

She is unfathomably bad, yet somehow there is some appeal to her, a cool factor I guess. If you just causally take her out for a quick spin she seems fun and tough, people are just overlooking her flaws, even youtubers that are normally critical, so DE will probably just do the same. It's sad, I'd like to play her, but not just to combat her own inadequacy.

you're right about that. Personally, I don't understand what the problem is just to redirect the damage to the shields. They will devour him very quickly, but invulnerability will give time to react. Yes and its 3 for protection allies not effective on the same lines. Yes, and I would have preferred that 3 affected only allies without spending it is not clear why extra energy at the enemies.Personally, I don't need another frame, which can kill your skill all within a radius of 50 meters. I just want a normal tank-support. But, apparently, DE need to carry out a plan for the number of failed missions.

15 hours ago, Mudfam said:

i completely agree. ill give her a few pluses though. 1 -  shes like a female rhino (i like this very much since all we've been getting are these petite dolls) 2 -  i avoid corpus as much as i can because DE over buffed that faction with rediculous  "cut your arsenal in half just cause" but with hildyrn i go do survival on pluto. thats it everything else from others detailing whats wrong with her is spot on.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I have some fixes and changes for Hildryn's kit if anybody is interested:

PASSIVES: For her passives, I really don't want much changed save for one thing: If she does her dodge into an enemy, they should get shoulder-checked and take a knockdown if directly in the path or an impact proc if they take a glancing hit.

BALEFIRE (1): For her Balefires, make the charge shot an alt fire mode. Upon using middle click, Hildryn produces the second Balefire on her left hand and claps her hands together, she now becomes immobile in order to charge and fire a fully charged shot that has almost the same stats that it already has. (Perhaps an increase in charge shot multiplier? It currently has a cost multiplier of 4.5x shields for 100% bonus damage, which doesn't make much sense). The immobile idea comes from what I think was DE's intentions with the slowdown; To make the shot "feel" much more powerful. For added "oomph" you could give her a slight backwards recoil (similar to firing a charged arch gun in atmosphere) and also force her to fully charge the charge shot, with no canceling. Firing a charge shot would now have a risk/reward added to it. You become immobile, and thus vulnerable, in order to spike your damage output. With these changes, Hildryn would be able to rapidly fire uncharged shots if she desires without having the game think she's trying to use her charge shot if the attack key is held for more than a frame, which is currently very annoying and breaks any flow of movement with her. Having the charge mode bound to middle click will make charge shots feel purposeful and intentional and would remove the annoying animation lock that currently plagues her Balefire Charger when trying trying to rapid-fire. Additionally, the blast range for her Charger is currently 1/2/2/3 from unranked to max rank, and I think this should be changed to 1/2/3/4 to make it feel a bit more significant and make each rank feel different and visibly better than the last. One final note; Why does the reload stat exist on her? Does it do anything? I can't for the life of me figure out why that stat is shown in the arsenal (this goes double for Mesa's Peacemakers that currently show a magazine size for unknown reasons).

PILLAGE (2):Currently, I don't have many problems with her 2, but there are a few tweaks that come to mind. The armor and shield reduction is currently 10%/15%/20%/25% and I think it should be raised ever so slightly to 15%/20%/25%/30% to make it on par with mods like Corrosive projection. It should be at base on par with a mod every frame can take for free, right? Otherwise the ability would cease being unique in that respect. Additionally, against targets that lack armor/shields (or have their armor/shields depleted) her 2 should sap 2.5%/5%/7.5%/10% of their CURRENT health (after modifiers like viral in order to prevent this from becoming a flat 10% [or more with Power Strength] health drain, which would allow Hildryn to cast repeatedly against such targets to kill them, thus making the ability have a finite number of uses to kill an enemy, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have her smash the 2 key 10 times or less for a free kill). Additionally, if she uses this ability with her 3 while tethered to allies, her allies should gain a portion of the shields that she gets, allowing her to either play greedy and refrain from tethering in order to gain maximum shields for herself, or to tether to allies and share the benefits while lessening the incoming shields for herself. Additional synergy could be implemented with her 3's tether forcing the returning missiles to divide evenly between Hildryn and all tethered allies. This could be implemented by having the missiles visually hit Hildryn, but when there is a tethered ally, a missile or pulse will visually travel along the length of the tether to the teammate. These changes would make her a unique team member, giving them a defensive benefit that Oberon, Trinity, and other health/armor based frames simply can't. This would still be a double-edged sword to Hildryn since she would no longer be gaining 100% of the benefit with the new tether, which fits her "Shield Maiden" theme. Finally, having an impact proc would be nice when an enemy is hit by her 2, because losing a large portion of shields/armor/(and now a slight yet still important amount of health, with my proposed changes) should feel as significant as it sounds. To prevent spamming, her ability could be tweaked to prevent her from recalling her 2 entirely which would force players to have some tact as to when and where they should cast it for maximum effect, which would also place importance on choosing and balancing a reasonable combination of duration and range. Lowering duration and increasing range would allow her to have a set distance but no growth for a more "snappy" bubble, and high duration with no range would make it behave like Molecular Prime with a slow expansion that radiates from her cast position. Which would tie in with my earlier suggestion of not making it recastable with a stronger effect than it has now, but making it less spammy overall. Coincidentally, by making it less spammy, it could be changed to allow players to use it within her 4, which would no longer be unbalanced because she can't just spam it to get her full shields/overshields back for free instantly, since it would now take time to hit all the enemies and then return before it could be recast, and having the missiles split to teammates while tethered would reduce her own benefit and make it usable, but not overpowered with her 4.

HAVEN (3): Haven is in an odd place at the moment, it currently has a detrimental effect when in use because it targets enemies for an insignificant amount of damage while also making her drain per second extremely high for every enemy tethered. Conversely, her 3 provides an IMMENSE bonus to teammates in the form of free shield gating and strong shield recharge at a near zero cost. The name of the ability is Haven, and while it does live up to that name in the case of allies, the almost inconvenient amount of damage it does to enemies is not only laughable, but it actively hurts her by draining 5 times the amount of shields per enemy that it would be draining for an ally, and with there being less than a handful of allies on the map at any given time, in a horde looter shooter having roughly 10 or more times the number of enemies on a tile at eny given moment is an enormous strain for a near zero return. [I'm being generous here when I say its "inconvenient", it tickles essentially all enemies in the game right now, barring extremely easy content that most people can't and wouldn't be doing with Hildryn anyways]. So here's my proposed change: Remove the enemy targeting/tether entirely. It serves no purpose and clashes with the very name of the ability. Change her drain to be 15/s (triple what it is now) for allies, and change it to target all allies; Waframes (obviously) Sentinels, Pets, "Temporary" Allies (ie; invasions), Specters, and even Defense Targets (Cryopods, Mobile Defense Terminals, and Defense Operatives with the caveat of having double the drain for "objective" type allies). With my earlier proposed changes of having the restoration missiles from her 2 traveling along a tether to an ally, this change would provide an excellent benefit to any tethered allies with the additional exception being that her "tether restoration missiles" only chain to allied Warframes, preventing her from splitting the new higher initial strength, but now lower frequency restoration missles on allies that will more often than not find themselves without any benefit from the tether missiles, since players, not AI, are generally drawing aggro in most (if not all) situations. Also her shield gating from her 3 is so powerful as-is that the bonus to base shields seems somewhat superfluous, the new tether restoration missiles along with the huge recharge and overshield bonus that is on top of the free gating is unnecessary. I suppose removing it isn't needed either but with her 2 being less spammable with my changes, having Hildryn have to restore an additional 500 shields to an ally before she can charge their overshields seems unneeded.

AEGIS STORM (4): Her 4 is a really cool idea that unfortunately feels quite off, I therefore have some changes in mind to make it feel more fluid. I think the enemy lift and energy orb mechanic is cool, but entirely useless, with her new 2 now staggering and weakening enemies so significantly, what is essentially Hildryn's combination Spectrosiphon/Bastille becomes somewhat unneeded. These changes are the most dramatic of all of them, so please bear with me. First, the AoE lift and drain should be done away with entirely, there are far better CC options and far better energy generation options. I think the idea of her flying is cool as all hell, so lets focus on that. What if she generated a large amount of aggro while using her 4? Her threat level should be raised, similar to Guardian Derision, with range affecting her aggro range. Allowing her to take off and force enemies to worry about why the hell this unkillable multi-ton cyborg just effortlessly lifted off the ground. Making her aggro range scale off of ability range with roughly the same AoE as her current lift area is a good start. Enemies who are currently engaging a warframe or ally within her range should have a chance (50%-70%) at switching to Hildryn, with unengaged targets having a nearly guaranteed chance of choosing Hildryn as their target. With her now in the air, and enemies now likely to aim their ire at her, she should also gain a small damage reduction (perhaps 25% flat) while in her flight mode. Now we're at the part thats the most interesting: Her 4 should be able to move her like a true set of wings; her current altitude lock should be doubled from 10 meters to 20, allowing her an excellent vantage point to both be seen and engage the enemy from. Her current flight speed should also be increased somewhat to allow more freedom of movement and positioning. No longer a slow and plodding hover, she should at least be able to keep pace with the flow of changing battle lines. Allowing her to hold shift to increase her airspeed at the cost or more drain per second would allow her to quickly shift in an emergency, to either disengage or to quickly close a gap and draw enemy fire. Her aerial dodge mechanic could still exist if the sprint key is tapped, for a quick directional boost to evade rockets and such at a fixed cost. Allowing the sprint mode to work in all directions would be an excellent touch as well so that, unlike Archwings, she could apply the velocity boosts to the left, right, and rearward while still facing the enemy and keeping her Balefires pointed in the right direction. Allowing her new 2 to be used with its full duration and no cancel would make it far more fair to use while she's within her 4, forcing her to use her casting animation in mid-air would also make her unable to dodge incoming fire and, as stated earlier, would not be able to be recalled. Since it can no longer be recalled, it would have to travel its full length/duration in order to have the healing missiles return to her, and with her proposed 3 changes, she would still almost always be diverting the incoming missiles to her teammates, which would decrease the effect and regen that her 2 would have on her 4, preventing her from having an infinite amount of time within her new mobility tool and vantage point. Her range for her 3 and 2 should be drawn from her would-be position on the ground so that she is able to keep a tether on teammates without losing her the positional advantage her 4 can and should bring. (In this case the visual tethers would go from the Hildryn in the air to her allies on the ground, but the range at which it is drawn from would remain relative to where she would be standing if she was on the ground for both her 2 and her 3). Finally, her changes to Balefire would take effect here, allowing her to rapid-fire with both of them or to be forced to fully charge with alt-fire while preventing her from making any new or fast manuvers while doing so.

Summary: Thats about it. I want her 1 to have some QoL, and in it's current state, it doesn't need a huge amount of change to become a much more fluid system. Her 2 would now have a minor effect on enemies with just health, allowing her to still have some kind of use against such targets, though one that isn't overpowered by virtue of being weaker against such a defense type. Her 3 would now only help allies and would synergize with her 2 to allow her to split the healing missiles among allied warframes. Last but not least, her 4 now makes her a higher threat while giving her solid mobility options at the cost of being much more visible to enemies, and with the new less spammy 2 and more team-oriented 3, her abilities would all synergize without feeling too overpowered, allowing her full kit to be used at any time and in any combination.

I'm not an expert at this and I'm no programmer. I just want Hildryn to be a fun and different warframe that operates in a fun and unique way. If you got this far in my post then thank you, I know that more than likely this post won't recieve much exposure, but maybe, just maybe somebody can see it and expand on the idea's I've brought up here.

There are a few tricks with her 4 and transference :

- her 4 continue while in operator mode, thus allowing to use operator amp while having a great CC ability.

- once her shields depletes, while in operator mode, she falls down, and if no NPCs are shooting at her the shield will be charged. you can check is and chose wisely when you go back to the frame so go back to the frame and start over the process.

- once in operator mode the HP of the frame won't be lowered, I don't know if it stops status or not (I still have to check, but I think that if you stay out of the frame for the whole duration of the status, it cancels the status effect)

- the bonus is that you can use energy orbs drops to stay invisible while in operator mode.

the major drawback is that if the operator is killed the frame will probably be killed too.

on defense maps (defense, mobile defense, excavation), Hildryn can be used as great CC while killing mobs in operator. And it's way better than using her 1.

Edited by MonsterOfMyOwn