[DE]Danielle

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

19 hours ago, random__noob said:

It is an ability ONE. Not a four. Dont compare it to Excaliburs ultimate. Sure she can only use that in her 4, but design wise her 4 was not intended to be a permanent state, or they wouldnt have had you drain your shield all the time.

Sure, nobody really KNOWS what to do with her 4, but that is pretty much the complete feedback of this topic.

But I wouldnt call her 1 weak. Compare it to other 1's in the game, and you will see it is actually not bad. And she is a frame that removes armor with other methods, so low status is forgivable.

Maybe there is still hope for Hyldrin when her Augments come out. Like having her 1 REPLENISH your shield when you hit something. That would change a few things. Or have her 2 or 3 give you a forward shield with a 5 seconds invul period, so that she can at least take a hit. Who knows.

That's sort of my problem with it. It *IS* her 4, or at-least part of it. Also it's a weapon that she equips, not some one-shot ability, that means if you ever want to use it, you have to forego using an actual weapon. 

21 hours ago, bigBiermonster said:

I also dislike the fact  she can only use her exalted weapon while flying, but this is besides the point. 

No one said exalted weapons should be the best in their class, and stat wise, it's mostly not the case for other exalted weapons as well.

Not every exalted weapon can be a beast, Hildryn is already OP as hell (versus 2 of 3 factions), balancing out DPS in exchange for tankiness is common practice in game design, think about her with mesa's 4, or valkittly's 4, hell, even Excal's 4 - completely broken.

let's hope they will hear us and release an augment to her 4 that wiill allow her to AT LEAST use her arch gun or something when flying, but even as i'm writing it I understand how broken it can be.

Like I said, imo they should outclass other options. That's just my opinion. Having a Warframe's actual weapon outclasses by some Grineer nerf gun feels bad. Of course that's very subjective, but that's how I feel about it. ^.^ 
In what sense is Hildryn OP as hell? There's plenty of frames that straight up can't die, but also bring more to the table. Honestly, she felt a bit like a weird cross between Vauban and Rhino, but slower, shorter range and only able to function against 2/3rd's of enemies. I don't know why I'd ever use her over a Rhino, Inaros or Oberon. I can't think of a single situation where she outclasses them. 
Sure, she shouldn't have anything like Regulators or Exalted Blade, but those are abilities that do *way* more than just equip a strong weapon. You could probably have her exalted weapon be usable over other standard weapons without breaking her. 
The thing is, in Warframe, being completely unkillable isn't actually very strong - there's a reason that nobody calls Wukong OP. 

17 hours ago, WeaselBoy said:

~Snippidy Snip~

That's actually pretty impressive. I've only tried to use her in her 4...it's a shame her 2 isn't cast able in her 4. 

AS a side note, reading a lot of this feedback...we really shouldn't encourage DE to use augment mods to "fix" frames. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nidus and Garuda.

These are two frames that have proven that not only can first abilities be really good, but they can also be the best ability in their kit. Being a “1st ability” is no longer an excuse for the ability to suck.

But it doesnt really suck. It is highly subjective in how much damage it does, based on your loadout. But the damage numbers arent really bad. Look at WeasleBoys tests on page 26 of this topic. Seems decent enough to me. Sure its not easy to hit that many enemies, and I am not sure if the Pause AI option gives that test any stealth multipliers, but it still does look more useable than artemis bow for example.

As others have commented already in this topic, it seems that her 4 locking out her pillage is an issue. Even if we could cast pillage but would not gain shields from it, it would probably be better than what we have now.

Overall though, her low range on all of her abilities requires you to get really up close and personal with the enemies, and this pretty much doesnt work very well against high level enemies. She does fine against low to mid enemies, but sortie level already can be a bit of a pain. Even with Primed Vigor and Redirection plus aviator, I didnt feel awefully survivable. Other Frames that dedicate 2 or 3 slots to survivability seem to get more stable results. Pretty much any frame with Quick Thinking, Rage and Primed flow is more survivable it seems.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, random__noob said:

But it doesnt really suck. It is highly subjective in how much damage it does, based on your loadout. But the damage numbers arent really bad. Look at WeasleBoys tests on page 26 of this topic. Seems decent enough to me. Sure its not easy to hit that many enemies, and I am not sure if the Pause AI option gives that test any stealth multipliers, but it still does look more useable than artemis bow for example.

Pause AI does have a history of adding a stealth multiplier.

And the corrupted gunners video, it takes him 3 shots after he’s already stripped their armor.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

Posted (edited)
Il y a 4 heures, random__noob a dit :

Overall though, her low range on all of her abilities requires you to get really up close and personal with the enemies, and this pretty much doesnt work very well against high level enemies. She does fine against low to mid enemies, but sortie level already can be a bit of a pain. Even with Primed Vigor and Redirection plus aviator, I didnt feel awefully survivable. Other Frames that dedicate 2 or 3 slots to survivability seem to get more stable results. Pretty much any frame with Quick Thinking, Rage and Primed flow is more survivable it seems.

In fact, the survival rate is good enough (unless you use mods on the shield. Swing your HP and resistance). Due to invulnerability and mystics, it can tank better than inaros. The problem is that we are improving HP and related features. That is, tank on the shields as it was not very good. Personally, I don't understand why release the tank on the shields, give him 300 armor, low HP and leave a lot of vulnerabilities shields. Low levels will not break through. High will make oneshot.(At the same time, none of the Hildryn functions allows to avoid this. You know how to keep supershields at high levels.) 

Sure, I can collect 150% toxin resistance and put 2 mystics against Slash, but the question still remains, why do we need to put mods on shields? 

And Yes, my pet, too, can't tank with shields making them impossible to use without an increase in HP and armor.

Edited by zhellon

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Pause AI does have a history of adding a stealth multiplier.

And the corrupted gunners video, it takes him 3 shots after he’s already stripped their armor.

I hope you aren't implying that the stealth multiplier applies to guns, because only melee receive that. No multipliers in the gifs. Takes the same number of shots with AI on, just not as pretty because they spread out a little.

Using only 1 cast still kills them all in ~7-8 shots, but realistically if they survived the first 2-3 hits you'd already have Pillaged again between shots. Regardless, it is moot point and I used 165 to showcase the damage they do properly modded. You won't encounter enemies of those levels in the wild unless you specifically seek them out through Mot runs. If you do then you are very likely already prepared with 4CP and are trying to justify why you would bring Hildryn when she can't regain her shields anymore (DE Please fix for unarmoured).

2 hours ago, WeaselBoy said:

I hope you aren't implying that the stealth multiplier applies to guns, because only melee receive that. No multipliers in the gifs. Takes the same number of shots with AI on, just not as pretty because they spread out a little.

Using only 1 cast still kills them all in ~7-8 shots, but realistically if they survived the first 2-3 hits you'd already have Pillaged again between shots. Regardless, it is moot point and I used 165 to showcase the damage they do properly modded. You won't encounter enemies of those levels in the wild unless you specifically seek them out through Mot runs. If you do then you are very likely already prepared with 4CP and are trying to justify why you would bring Hildryn when she can't regain her shields anymore (DE Please fix for unarmoured).

Then can you share the build for Balefire and the strength your Hildryn is at so I may test t myself?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Then can you share the build for Balefire and the strength your Hildryn is at so I may test t myself?

Basically its a variation on Triburos's Helicopter Shield Mom, just with more forma because I had nothing better to do and I don't like to half-ass frames I enjoy.

LArDKwu.jpg

Highlights:

• All her abilities except Pillage are channeled, so Duration can take the place of efficiency. Continuity keeps us at neutral drain for Haven and Aegis Storm while also having the secondary benefit of extending Pillage's range. The increase in cost associated with Balefire is offset by the fact that after enemies hit level ~20ish a single Pillage cast is likely going to cap overshields.
  • Again, her abilities are channeled so Energy Conversion just makes sense.
  • Differences from the video build: I don't feel she needs more than Stretch range, but it doesn't hurt. Went with Adaptation instead for obvious reasons of shield having no innate DR. Ice Spring because I like to go fast, and I don't use/like Aegis Storm enough as an ability to warrant the use of Aviator.

To do:

1. Primed Vigor in 20 days. Would need another forma if I intend to keep using Ice Spring, and I do because I am not some plebeian who would use stoop to using Battering Maneuver.
  2. Max Rank Aegis. Barrier feels optional and overkill unless you do extremely hard content. Probably use something else like Consequence because I do so enjoy parkour velocity.

Only real downside is that charging Balefire is a whooping 697 shields per shot, but you shouldn't ever charge Balefire anyways because you get nearly the same dps by tap firing for a fraction of the shield cost.

------------------------

And then her Balefire:

g74vYqt.jpg

The build can actually get by with only 4 forma, 3 forma if you opt for 60/60s (which does bring the status chance up to 'somewhat reliable' levels), but I wanted to fiddle with the Primed Expel mods whenever I finish ranking them up. The gifs I posted earlier were also done with Augur Pact instead of Anemic Agility. Agility is better overall dps and good QoL in regular missions, but you do pay for it with more shield drain. I switch between the two to suit my fancy.

Edited by WeaselBoy

It seems everyone noted that the Alternative Helmet for Hildryn has not been available outside market as it has NEVER YET shown up in wolf cred store. Nobody is confident enough to post about it yet because it is an RNG store, but it's been over a month and nobody has seen it. The wiki still has no data for crafting cost. Can someone on DE's side confirm this is just bad global rng?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Descent-of-Damocles said:

It seems everyone noted that the Alternative Helmet for Hildryn has not been available outside market as it has NEVER YET shown up in wolf cred store. Nobody is confident enough to post about it yet because it is an RNG store, but it's been over a month and nobody has seen it. The wiki still has no data for crafting cost. Can someone on DE's side confirm this is just bad global rng?

They confirmed that the alt helmet would not appear until next the next Nightwave in ~4 weeks.

Edited by WeaselBoy

9 hours ago, WeaselBoy said:

They confirmed that the alt helmet would not appear until next the next Nightwave in ~4 weeks.

Welp, now I officially hate Nightwave.

Posted (edited)
Il y a 19 heures, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Welp, now I officially hate Nightwave.

Probably an alert after 2 months at 2am for 15 minutes would be better?

Edited by zhellon

il y a 8 minutes, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Alert App.

And how does that solve the problem of me having to get up at 2: 00 in the morning to pick up my helmet? I understand, of course. But the wave has solved many problems alerts. Especially for those players who lived in unpopular time zones and often saw an empty window instead of alerts.

38 minutes ago, zhellon said:

And how does that solve the problem of me having to get up at 2: 00 in the morning to pick up my helmet? I understand, of course. But the wave has solved many problems alerts. Especially for those players who lived in unpopular time zones and often saw an empty window instead of alerts.

Make the notification a very loud and annoying sound.

Il y a 2 heures, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 a dit :

Make the notification a very loud and annoying sound.

I cry. I like sleeping more than looking good.

DE:Hey Mag

Mag: Yes?

DE: you know that one thing you had, the thing with the shields

Mag: Please no. DE please don't unintentionally nerf me don't you think I've had enough

DE: Vabaun and Wukong are getting lonely in the closet, they need a new friend

Vauban: H-help me..

DE: GET BACK IN THERE *kicks lifeless shell back into the closet*

Mag: Please no.. 

DE: has skillup made a video with you in it?

Mag: No..

DE: then you have no chance. It has to be done.

Wukong: *crawls in eyeshot of DE* need...a..rework..must..have...rework..please daddy DE

DE: GET BACK! OR ILL GET THE NERF STICK!

Wukong: *cowers before threats of nerfs*

DE: thats right..that wasn't that hard was it.

Mag: wait...wait DE I have a content creator who makes videos of quality and they main me. Ashisogi Tenno.

DE: poor fool ashisogi tenno is a mere content creator he isn't a partner so you have no one to save you haha.

Vauban: R-Rahetalius is that you 

DE: Don't you speak that name in this house

Vauban: Yes DE..I apologize

Mag: is this how I go.. 

DE: no, in the DE nerf closet everyone is still viable just in spirit 

Vauban and Wukong: one of us one of us one of us one of us *chanting rhythmically as is fades to black*

I love you guys DE but please help those poor frames in the basement in the nerf closet they need the love only a dev can provide. 

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

@(XB1)Kirie hey, where is titania? Or was she so small that the two of them pinned her?

Edited by zhellon
  • Upvote 2

Why does her 2 have a stupid delay? strip the shield and restore it the moment the wave collides with the enemy.

Whats up with her 3? it doesnt do anything other than waste my shields.

Why cant i activate her 2 while in Aegis Storm? "oh durr hurr its because we need to balance to prevent you from staying in aegis storm" you know honestly stupid little balance stuff like this just puts me off the game.

On 2019-04-16 at 11:42 PM, Xaxma said:

joke megathread, devs didn't even take a single suggestion from here to improve her further when she still needs QoL

Considering its 27 pages now, no dev is going to read past the first 5 or 6 pages once they get this big.

• Upvote 1

This thick lady has replaced my Rhino. My Frost. My Excalibur. She is strong and damn she is usefull. Have not died a single time with her since I got her.

Only issue is her exalted seems to not work on all enemy. Exemple almost all infected boss asside the derelict boss. The weapon  will do 80% some damage then other time nothing at all.

Same thing goes when fighting the jurgonaut to get atlas part.

• Like 1

She's so thick I can't even see the Helminth cyst. Thank you DE! 

Seriously tho, I LOVE her. So much fun to use. Great job!

• Like 1

Personally I can't stand it.. The appearance physically disgusts me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tfninja said:

Personally I can't stand it.. The appearance physically disgusts me.

I actually think she’s one of the better designed frames visually. A lot of small detail.

On 2019-05-04 at 7:45 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I actually think she’s one of the better designed frames visually. A lot of small detail.

The main problem is in her proportions that loock very gorilla-like due to the very prominent abdomen pulling in sharply at the crotch, other frames usually reduce or avoid the issue with the presence of codpieces that fit that void thus balancing back the issue

Posted (edited)
On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎24 at 10:02 AM, (XB1)Kirie said:

Mag: wait...wait DE I have a content creator who makes videos of quality and they main me. Ashisogi Tenno.

LoL, now that Ashisogi is a partner, is Mag saved?

More importantly... what happened to Nyx?

Edited by Warhydra