[DE]Danielle

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

On 2019-05-05 at 5:42 PM, Warhydra said:

LoL, now that Ashisogi is a partner, is Mag saved?

More importantly... what happened to Nyx?

Thats for part two of The closet of DE

Hi - I really like the design of Hildryn, but there are a few things that slightly annoy me, especially with Aegis Storm: The purely cosmetic second weapon (that you as the player barely see anyway)  is a bit... disappointing - please give us something like an increased firerate or slightly reduced shield costs... Secondly, could you please apply both control schemes (normal/experimental) for this ability? I play a lot of Titania and a bit of Archwing (thanks Larkspur) and I use the experimental scheme, meaning that hitting L1 means going up and X means going down. I always get confused with Aegis Storm because the controls are inversed (probably normal control scheme?).

Well, Hildryn is a really new concept of gameplay. However, it SUCKS against the Infested. (Dealing literally 0 damage with a well-modded Balefire which has a base of 20k damage without stats vs sortie lephantis, this might be a bug though)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Le 5/8/2019 à 6:49 PM, (PS4)Cryptyyyx a dit :

Hi - I really like the design of Hildryn, but there are a few things that slightly annoy me, especially with Aegis Storm: The purely cosmetic second weapon (that you as the player barely see anyway)  is a bit... disappointing - please give us something like an increased firerate or slightly reduced shield costs... Secondly, could you please apply both control schemes (normal/experimental) for this ability? I play a lot of Titania and a bit of Archwing (thanks Larkspur) and I use the experimental scheme, meaning that hitting L1 means going up and X means going down. I always get confused with Aegis Storm because the controls are inversed (probably normal control scheme?).

The control is not inverted. It is tied to the jump and squat keys. What you're talking about is at least an excuse for a separate button in the settings.

Il y a 21 heures, Chainedge a dit :

Well, Hildryn is a really new concept of gameplay. However, it SUCKS against the Infested. (Dealing literally 0 damage with a well-modded Balefire which has a base of 20k damage without stats vs sortie lephantis, this might be a bug though)

Yesterday was standing 90 wave of arbitration in solo, Hildryn in mana-control build. Even Kitgun against the 1к lvl drone acts extremely slowly. Ability? Forget it. 3 ability to for moreover, to operative survived. 4 ability to, if the Gara spectrum wall fallen. The only problem is the toxin, which, even at 150% of the resist, beats quite cheerfully. If not for the armor and 800 HP, it would kill me very quickly. Don't know how much resistance remove the toxic ancient, but DE need nerf it. Because if I'm wasting space on mods, I have to take benefit. 

Edited by zhellon

Hildryn's a really boring Warframe. She feels really unfinished. Her 4th ability doesn't even make sense.

I'm sure you'll be hearing rework threads in about 2 years when people remember she's a thing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

So just quick maths, takes about 15 days to get The standing at mr 15 for SU, then farm the parts, get VS to rank 2 or 3 to get the blueprint... And im Pretty sure IT takes more than 15 days to get The standing itself.... Im very tired making this comment, so im not sure....

Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-15 at 7:21 AM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Hildryn's a really boring Warframe. She feels really unfinished. Her 4th ability doesn't even make sense.

I'm sure you'll be hearing rework threads in about 2 years when people remember she's a thing.

I find her fun and useful more so then inaros. the only changes I want is her interactions with the toxic element. 

2 hours ago, Zigitron said:

So just quick maths, takes about 15 days to get The standing at mr 15 for SU, then farm the parts, get VS to rank 2 or 3 to get the blueprint... And im Pretty sure IT takes more than 15 days to get The standing itself.... Im very tired making this comment, so im not sure....

just buy her if you can. its a damn grind to get her. 

Edited by moostar95

2 hours ago, moostar95 said:

I find her fun and useful more so then inaros. the only changes I want is her interactions with the toxic element. 

I'm inclined to say you're not very good at the game if you think Hildryn is more useful than Inaros.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I'm inclined to say you're not very good at the game if you think Hildryn is more useful than Inaros.

I'm inclined to tell you that you may not be all that good either. I've been maining him for years on pc. Tank him against the hardest bosses solo. Even took down a baby eidolon for the lols. 2k hours and I need something more besides tanking. Hildryn does that. Both a good tank, some nuking, and team support. I know a good tank when I see one. You want to chat. Pm me.

Edited by moostar95

Il y a 7 heures, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru a dit :

4 hildryn's ability is the Bastille of Vauban, which also generates balls of energy. What can Inaros do? 

3 ability to makes team invulnerable from random shots, and that can inaros?

2 ability is able to reduce the armor and shields of enemies, and what may have inaras?

Inaros can only heal, and it is useful only to him. I'm sorry, but inaros is inferior in utility. He's just fat, that's all.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, zhellon said:

4 hildryn's ability is the Bastille of Vauban, which also generates balls of energy. What can Inaros do? 

2 ability is able to reduce the armor and shields of enemies, and what may have inaras?

Inaros can only heal, and it is useful only to him. I'm sorry, but inaros is inferior in utility. He's just fat, that's all.

*Sigh*

23 hours ago, zhellon said:

Inaros' 4 heals teammates when you cast scarabs on a mob. It performs AOE healing. Just came to say that since I haven't used hildryn enough to know if she's more useful than inaros. From my current experience with her I can say she's more useful in casual content.

il y a 1 minute, ShockBurst a dit :

Inaros' 4 heals teammates when you cast scarabs on a mob. It performs AOE healing. Just came to say that since I haven't used hildryn enough to know if she's more useful than inaros. From my current experience with her I can say she's more useful in casual content.

Unfortunately it is difficult to implement. Yes, Inaros 4 in fact makes good EHP characters immortal, but too hard to implement, requires enemies that can be killed. if all enemies are killed and scarabs have nowhere to go, the ability ends prematurely. And unfortunately it is useless for fragile characters. In current realities, when mobs die too quickly, ability to can be use only to protect themselves from statuses and for rapid control mobs in complex situations, which almost never the case.

Wow. People will literally complain about any warframe that doesn't just kill every enemy on the stage when it appears. Jeeeeeez. 

Hildryn is amazing, flat out. If anything, she is almost TOO good, causing me the same feeling as every time i use Rhino and realize I'm not even going to take damage. However her high risk-high reward playstyle is fun. 

If i made any changes to her powers, they'd be minor... 

1. Balefire Charger (woots, wheel of time reference!): Allow Natural Talent to speed up  charge time. Machine-gunning Balefire would be super dangerous but fun as hell. I just wish it looked better, maybe like a buster cannon from that one blue guy ( 😅 ) 

2. Shield Pillage: i suspect the reason duration affects range more than.. Range.. does is game balance.. But changing one stat for another seems pretty weak for such a great Dev team. I'd have range.. Control range (duh) and just apply duration inversely so that a huge range would leave you open until the wave decides to return. Oh, and remove the call back function so you HAVE to wait. 

3. Haven: meh. This is the one ability i don't love. Huge drain for very little payoff. I'd definitely make a few changes. I'd add a small amount of shield recharge to allies, and damage done to shields with this ability reduces the drain for that target. More importantly, id have allied targets use first energy color and enemy targets use second energy color beams. I'm actually a little shocked it's not already dual colored. 

4. Aegis Storm: this ability is what shows people will complain about anything. It rocks. The only things i would change is the strange delay when you end it, which sometimes causes you to "jam" and stay stuck in the ability.. You should just drop like a ton of bricks. Also.. The cosmetic megabust.. Um.. Balefire charger should DEFINITELY be active. AT THE VERY LEAST she should alternate as she fires, though i would add a second cooldown so you can attack as if you had a second Charger (WHICH YOU DO) Sure.. You'd dump your shields in 4 seconds but EXPLOSIONS. 

Otherwise i love her and her ghostly Wisp pal. You can tell the Dev team is getting in the groove. 

Incidentally.. Is there a way to suggest warframes? Maybe it's about time for a player designed Warframe contest? 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)NoOkLeEr said:

Wow. People will literally complain about any warframe that doesn't just kill every enemy on the stage when it appears. Jeeeeeez. 

Hildryn is amazing, flat out. If anything, she is almost TOO good, causing me the same feeling as every time i use Rhino and realize I'm not even going to take damage. However her high risk-high reward playstyle is fun. 

1. Balefire Charger (woots, wheel of time reference!): Allow Natural Talent to speed up  charge time. Machine-gunning Balefire would be super dangerous but fun as hell. I just wish it looked better, maybe like a buster cannon from that one blue guy ( 😅 ) 

2. Shield Pillage: i suspect the reason duration affects range more than.. Range.. does is game balance.. But changing one stat for another seems pretty weak for such a great Dev team. I'd have range.. Control range (duh) and just apply duration inversely so that a huge range would leave you open until the wave decides to return. Oh, and remove the call back function so you HAVE to wait. 

3. Haven: meh. This is the one ability i don't love. Huge drain for very little payoff. I'd definitely make a few changes. I'd add a small amount of shield recharge to allies, and damage done to shields with this ability reduces the drain for that target. More importantly, id have allied targets use first energy color and enemy targets use second energy color beams. I'm actually a little shocked it's not already dual colored. 

4. Aegis Storm: this ability is what shows people will complain about anything. It rocks. The only things i would change is the strange delay when you end it, which sometimes causes you to "jam" and stay stuck in the ability.. You should just drop like a ton of bricks. Also.. The cosmetic megabust.. Um.. Balefire charger should DEFINITELY be active. AT THE VERY LEAST she should alternate as she fires, though i would add a second cooldown so you can attack as if you had a second Charger (WHICH YOU DO) Sure.. You'd dump your shields in 4 seconds but EXPLOSIONS. 

Otherwise i love her and her ghostly Wisp pal. You can tell the Dev team is getting in the groove. 

Incidentally.. Is there a way to suggest warframes? Maybe it's about time for a player designed Warframe contest? 

Yes, hildryn kicks a s s 

She's self reliable non stop action power house 

Her haven is actually a really good ability for supporting her allies more than you think...because not only she gives them shields she also gives then her passive...and it's useful in low level areas, i don't think you run with groups often, you'd realise how supportive this ability is

Her 4 is a great CC like Bastill...but i hate the lack of mobility while in it...would've been great to thrust yourself as a version of bullet jump to move around faster

The best way is to roll and have arcane consequence to extend that roll range 

Hildryn is more amazing than people realize actually, one of the best warframes released recently for sure!

2 hours ago, (PS4)NoOkLeEr said:

Ok slow down champ. Hildryn is just ok. She can do content fine but has issues with her kit that really does bring her down like her 3 doing next to nothing to enemies or her 4 being super restrictive towards what’s Hildryn can actually do  And the fact that it doesn’t hover over pits. The thing that keeps Hildryn from being forgotten in the arsenal is the Shields gimmick. It’s by far the best utility use in the game. Being able to completely ignore the effects of energy drain/reduction and having a very easily renewed energy supply is great. But again it’s attached to a rather middling frame. Maybe she’ll get some good augments or fixes in the future that patch up her weaknesses.

Also that suggestion to remove the ability to call back pillage on command is HORRENDOUS. You’re basically asking for there to be even less reason to build for duration.

• Upvote 2

7 часов назад, (PS4)NoOkLeEr сказал:
Aegis Storm: this ability is what shows people will complain about anything. It rocks. The only things i would change is the strange delay when you end it, which sometimes causes you to "jam" and stay stuck in the ability.. You should just drop like a ton of bricks. Also.. The cosmetic megabust.. Um.. Balefire charger should DEFINITELY be active. AT THE VERY LEAST she should alternate as she fires, though i would add a second cooldown so you can attack as if you had a second Charger (WHICH YOU DO) Sure.. You'd dump your shields in 4 seconds but EXPLOSIONS.

Of course I'll complain about anything. I have no mobility issues on this ability, but why am I limited to using my 2 ability and given useless weapons that I can replace with more convenient and effective patterns without spending extra shields on it? This is a problem Hildryn, this problem is Titania. The developers don't know how to limit the players and introduce completely useless restrictions because I can still endlessly fly and endlessly shoot. But at some point it gets boring and I just call Larkspur and kill everything without any useless mechanics and other things.

I love hildryn
the aestethicc of the frame is wonderfull!
bought her with plat because after a long break (stopped shortly after fortuna became available) I simply could not wait to try her out (and yes... just because of how she looks(and also yes, I was lazy on the rep farming side but not anymore thanks to hildryn!))

so you can better understand my feedback:
I've been playing her non-stop for the last 2 weeks
I've also used an aura forma on her so i can do shenanigans with it
I have been throwing formas at her hoping something good would happen (it did)
I went full Suzaku with it. everything in range, shield and efficiency. stretch+ stretch drift (forgot the name)+ overextend.
I stand at 4.9k shield (baro y u no sell prime deflection?)
I use RAKSA puppy with protect and howl (a loveable black mutt I was lucky with the color ^^)
I've taken her to derelict survival and fought enemies lvl 100-150 without suffering too much from toxic (can't hurt me with their aura if mine's bigger)  
I have also taken her on sorties static or otherwise. in static mission it oftens ends with whoever is with me sitting down under me and playing on their shawsin (did i write that right?) while i go "Old Testament" on the enemies (i am not a generous god unless you consider me blastin away as being generous)
In non-static missions like Xterminate or the like i'll bullet jump and blast away with balefire or simply switch to a primary while trying to help the team with Haven (i try i really do) and cleanse with pillage

and for those who say Hildryn is trash, maybe she's just not your style?
example: i find trinity to be trash but i know it's because i can't play her. she's simply not my style. i know full well that in good hands Trinity can be a life saver.
maybe the same can be said for Hildryn?

now onto the feedback part:

*Balefire launcher*
I love the visual effect and sound from her 1. it's soothing to me for some reason. I spam the living hell out of it. blasting allies and enemies alike  like it's going out of style. (sadly no allies have perished from it yet... )
had to throw some forma on that too to really get as much corrosive juice as I can and to counterbalance the power loss from overextend.
for the people complaining about the blast radius, mine hits like an howitzer shell.
again, the devil is in the modding and the blaster is crazy accurate and MAGNUM FORCE works well with it.

-Idea: charging to the max as many have pointed out offers little reward for the cost. if it cost 3 times the amount of shield for a full blast i'll just throw 3 small blasts instead thus achieving 3x the damages by burning 3x the shields instead of the 3x the shields for 2x damage
how about a full charge costing twice the shield but dealing 3x damage or 2.5x if 3 is too op?

*Shield pillage*
love the cleansing. it's beautiful.
now my range is insane and i know it comes at the cost of my power so i can't drain as much as i should with this. i'm ok with it i use this for the cleanse.
i understand how it can feel as though it makes her underperforming against the infected or the grineer 

-Idea: for every enemy hit by *SP* you get some shield back (flat number not affected by power) discounting units from los restrictions (another unit cannot block another but a wall could for example)
it would stop the  Corrosive Projection problem, seeing as it is one of the most popular auras it for longuer runs 
maybe work it so it needs to hit 5 ennemies to refund itself and then the rest as overshield
also her animation for casting this should be her flexing in some way. using nothing but her magnificent abs to shrug off status effect

*Haven*

well... I see what you tried to do there. but the base damage is so low that even modding for power makes this very lackluster. being modded for range shield and efficiency i can actually have this and my 4 active at the same time and still manage my shield consumption somehow...-ish.(not really)
as soon as enemies starts getting close my shield simply evaporates and i'm left with nothing but mean words to defend myself.
i'm really relying on peeps to kill the mobs quickly.

-Idea: stop affecting enemies. i can affect the enemy plenty with my balefire launcher. i just want to buff my mates with this.
why not make it shield regen+ max shield with perhaps a damage reduction?
or shield regen + max shield and damage buff? like adding some electricity damage to allies attacks?or radiation damage?

*Aegis storm*

GAZE UPON HER ABS AND KNOW PERFECTION
GAZE UPON HER ABS AND KNOW THAT YOUR DEATH HAS COME
GAZE UPON HER ABS AND KNOW DESPAIR

Are things i usually spout on dischord to my mates whenever i hit the 4 key. remember. MAX RANGE.
sure it deals a spit and a half damage.
sure the cc is wonky.
but heck if seeing the size of the bubble I've made with all that range ain't a beautiful thing to see.
with my mates i'll usually keep around 7-8 mobs CCed forever farming energy balls like it's corn. #It'sHonestWork
i blast the rest away with me blasta of course lest the drain becomes too much. but then again Blackjaw (lovely pup that he is when he doesn't despawn) helps a lot in refilling me shields.
the movement speed feels ok to me i feel like a flying artillery piece, but gaining altitude or lowering it feels (>_<)
what i mean is that i would like to be able to dash  "up and forward" or "down and foward" it would help my navigation tremendously while dashing through doors and the like.

BUG: Sometimes i'll lower myself back to the ground (huge range so i can actually be up and affect lots) to either hide a bit for my pup to recharge me or simply go through a door and i'll end up stuck in the floor and that seems to break LOS with the mobs even if they are right next to me. and when stuck in the floor in such a fashion i have to cancel out of the 4 and jump then recast it.
clarification: i'm still able to move around but it's like i'm glued to the floor. i can't liftoff. 

Ideawhat if the line of effect was calculated like a spherical hitscan emanating from her 
and of course the blaster auto equipping would be some good QoL 

i would like to thank in advance whoever at DE reads the feedback for reading mine even though it's a bit of a mess
(\_/)
(^_^)
(___)o

edit: repositioned a paragraph for ease of reading
edit2: clarified some sentence for better comprehension

Edited by Jhym

10 часов назад, Jhym сказал:

*Haven*

well... I see what you tried to do there. but the base damage is so low that even modding for power makes this very lackluster. being modded for range shield and efficiency i can actually have this and my 4 active at the same time and still manage my shield consumption somehow...-ish.(not really)
as soon as enemies starts getting close my shield simply evaporates and i'm left with nothing but mean words to defend myself.
i'm really relying on peeps to kill the mobs quickly.

-Idea: stop affecting enemies. i can affect the enemy plenty with my balefire launcher. i just want to buff my mates with this.
why not make it shield regen+ max shield with perhaps a damage reduction?
or shield regen + max shield and damage buff? like adding some electricity damage to allies attacks?or radiation damage?

I think it's better to give resistance to control for Hidlryn and invulnerable to penetrating through shields to damage to allies. Damage accurately need to remove. I feel like if you just add radiation prock, it will be the old Ember style. (When the world in fire knocks enemies.) I think radiation prock would look good only in augment, as this playstyle has a good synergy with syndicate dark dagger. But in General, it should be a defense ability. Attack simply not to what.

I'm sure it's been said before, but it's really restrictive to her kit that Pillage is disabled during Aegis Storm. I get not wanting it to be overpowered, but she already moved slower and hemorages shields during the storm, in addition to any damage she may be taking, and the energy pickups generated really don't cut it in terms of even notably mitigating it. The ideal for frames' kits seems to be using all abilities in concert with each serving a distinct purpose, but as-is Aegis Storm is just something you pop out occasionally more for novelty than anything else because it's just objectively better to spend those shields on Haven and Balefire and still have access to Pillage to keep her abilities going

• Upvote 1

oh no i simply decided to give some feedback after trying her extensively
and i understand the devs not responding here as this is truly a place for US the players to tell them how playing her feels (it feels glorious somehow for me)

Really amazing such negativity.

Imo Hildryn is by far the BEST warframe. 

She is usefull for any mission, you just have to know when to use her skills.

Balefire:

You know you can use this on Sorties where you can only use for example a bow?

With the right mods you will outdmg anyone.

Further i dont use it

Shield Pillage

One of her best skills, the dmg you put out on corpus and also grineer is sick, and for infested you just dont use it. Plus you get alot more shield. If you play void missions when you enter a room, you hit it and than you go kill everything while you see your shield go up, which you can repeat a few times. It will make you invincible.

Haven: 

Her very best skill by far.

Does pretty good damage to all the mobs you meet, and it barely lowers your shield. The dps is the same as her 4. Sometimes you activate it and it its still on when your done with the mission, you can still cast shield pillage to get more shield if needed. If you play a low mission for grind or something than all you do is activate this, run around, everything dies without having to use a weapon and you wont run out of shield till the end. The thing is there are alot of stuff that affects your energy but not shields, which is useful for so many missions.

Aegis Storm:

Again you have to know when to use it, I barely use it, only for sortie defense when almost everyone dies you hit it for CC and get back on your feet again. Also in a rescue sortie when there are just to many mobs, hit it and the other players will have all the time to hack without dying.

So her 2 and 3 are by far her best skills, you just wont die.

Also you dont need energy to use any of your skills, if your out of shield you need to run anyway. Use a mod that recharges shield quickly.

Oh yeah i bought her with plat and since then by far my most used warframe.

Necromancy brought this back.

ps. Hildryn is unplayable until the “new message” sound is removed from her dodge.