Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

-Ok so playing her is amazing. I do feel that her 4 should be more mobile (or at least allow you to go faster)

-I think a nice addition would be to add her little strafe that she does when sliding to her 4. Thus giving her more mobility and evasion. 

-Another thing to do would be to allow the use of 2 balefire charges instead of one when using it w/your 4 thus giving you double fire rate=increased fps

-Her 2 has very nice utility, and I cant really improve upon it from what I've seen, other than being unable to cast it while her 4 is active, (not sure if that is on purpose or not)

-her 3 is nice for her team and all, and I believe a sort of leech effect should be added for it. Such as being able to leech shields off corpus and armor off grineer, as well as health from infested. 

-the passive for her is (imo) very nice to have, and I dont believe it should be changed at all, unless you want to buff it 😀

Made an extensive post over on Reddit about her and some big issues I have with her, seen here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/az82bi/my_thoughts_on_hildryn_and_what_could_be_improved/

Highlights:

Haven:

Reasonable startup cost, reasonable drain costs, really nice range. Having a set value of given overshields to allies is nice, but I feel it should give a percentage of shields with a base minimum. Damage to enemies is negligible since it's a flat number, could use a tweak to either buff the damage output or to provide additional usability as either a support skill or crowd control, because as is it tries to do everything and falls short.

4/10

Aegis Storm:

Oh boy, where do I begin. Mediocre ability is mediocre. Initial cost is reasonable, but with a steep drain that adds additional drain for every affected enemy the ability doesn't last at all. Good range but the ability punishes you for going too high above the ground. Flight speed is atrocious, mobility is even worse, and flat damage means nothing. Ability to use Haven in it is okay but doing so is detrimental to a longer term Aegis Storm due to additional drain for minimal benefit. Usage of Shield Pillage being denied means that you cannot sustain Aegis Storm and enjoy it. Denying gunplay is a choice that probably should not have been made, but is understandable since they want to push her Balefire. However, having to manually start her Balefire instead of it becoming auto equipped, the fact Balefire still has both a startup AND a drain cost, and that Balefire has no additional effects or power in Aegis Storm makes it a forced "synergy" only out of necessity. Crowd control is just a Vauban Bastille that is barely able to reposition herself.

Fixing/upgrading Aegis Storm wouldn't necessarily be a hard thing. Adding gunplay would make it immediately better, balanced by reducing accuracy since the fast turbulence can mess with bullet flight. If Balefire was an auto-equip with no or lowered shot cost the synergy would be great, made even better if it had an alt-fire only accessible on Aegis Storm. Allowing a limited Shield Pillage that rewarded positioning, such as drastically reduced range, would allow better sustainability. Reducing the overlapping drains on Aegis Storm and Haven would make the abilities work better together instead of being something to decide between. Increased flight speed and mobility in the form of incorporating dashing or sprinting is much needed (especially since she has a unique dodge using her "helicopter wings" that can't even be used when they're out). Lastly, I'll briefly outline a quick upgrade to the damage and scalability.

In Aegis Storm currently, nearby enemies are lifted up a short distance and immobilized, simple but effective crowd control as long as you stay in range. To improve on this, I suggest that enemies stay at a comparable level to you when they were first affected by Aegis Storm, (if the enemy was first affected at a height 1m below you, then no matter how high you go they remain that height below you as long as they wouldn't clip through a plane. They would maintain their current X and Z axis). When Aegis Storm ends and Hildryn slams to the ground, all affected enemies are also brought down with her, taking damage and ragdolling based on the distance of the dive. If Hildryn would fly too far away from an enemy, they fall to the ground as normal to prevent microing a ton of damage.

Overall, 2/10 feels generous. Really neat concept but has too many flaws and oversights to really be useful.

Edited by DracoCaeser
Made the post size more reasonable.
  • Like 1

Okay i Love hildryn but there are like three things i wish she had

her first ability is amazing but not being able to jump or roll while charging the gun kind of feels bad, could we have our normal movement while using it?

her second ability is also dang good but because of how well it scales ironically it's not as good on lower level mobs, could we get some sort of flat amount per mob? that would help a lot against the infested too. like if we got 100 shields per effected maybe?

her third ability is amazing

her fourth feels great to use too, but could we roll while using it?

Dang good job on her guys she feels so great to play <3

2 hours ago, Widowmaker1189 said:

-Her 2 has very nice utility, and I cant really improve upon it from what I've seen, other than being unable to cast it while her 4 is active, (not sure if that is on purpose or not)

her 2 is overly and unnecessarily clunky as we only get our shields after the ability "ends" and the wave comes back, not only that, the projectiles seem to get caught in the environment and the shield stealing gets progressively worse as enemy shields/armor go down AND has 0 effect when theres no armor/shields to pillage

yeah i can think on some ways to improve it

Hildryn and augur mod set, I take it her ability not benefiting from the mod set bonus is intended? Cause I can see how it can be pretty game breaking, and that the mod description says "Energy spent...". Taking into consideration with 3 mod installed you get 120% conversion of energy used to shield and at 5 mod installed it become 200%.

Now my impression is that the augur mod set converts energy used taken from the energy bar pool, which works on every other frame that uses the traditional method of having an energy pool and energy cost, for example if I mod khora for 50% energy efficiency and I use her 4th ability that cost 150 energy while I have 5 augur mod installed, I get 300 shield.

While hildryn draws her energy from the shield making the shield being the energy pool, so when I use her non channeling ability for example the balefire, with a 100% efficiency by default the activation cost is 50 and if I shoot it at max charge it drains 550 shield. Now, supposedly, if augur set works the way I think it did, while I have 5 augur mod installed, giving 200% of energy spent to shield, I would :

1. Getting 50 shield point when I activate balefire

2. Getting 550 shield point when I fire at full charge

But because the abilities drains from the shield pool and not the energy pool the augur set bonus doesn't trigger.

Balefire needs a rate of fire increase to make it a little more enjoyable. It could also do with the Chroma treatment and allow us to run while using it. The gunslinger mod helps a little, but it is still fairly slow to fire and so I just rarely use it unless I wanna make fireworks. Also, I got complained at for using her Haven which is, imo, a great ability. People don't like the buzzing noise and while I tune it out, it seems many of the community can't and would rather tell people to not use helpful abilities. A sound tweak on this ability would be fantastic. Tired of hearing babies *@##&#036; over me trying to not get killed.

• Like 1

I have to be honest, I am pretty disappointed with her kit. I was really excited after seeing the livestream, but her passive playstyle makes her a bore to play. 

Balefire - I was most excited for this skill, but it feels underwhelming. The AoE is too small and it really doesn't feel like "artillery". For her only truly active ability this really could use some buffs. At the very least it needs increased blast radius, something on par with staticor would feel better. Another option might be making the projectiles home in on targets instead. 

Also, I mentioned this in the livestream thread, but I'll throw it out one more time. It would be awesome if it had a heavy secondary fire like a beam or energy nuke. Something to add a bit more thought to her playstyle.

Xl9MvdT.jpg

Shield Pillage - Nothing too exciting here, but it works pretty well and helps maintain shields. This skill seems like it is in a good spot.

Haven - I'm not a huge fan of this skill. The damage is way too low and the buffs don't seem noticeable. I'm not sure what the best fix is for this skill. Possibly it could provide a shield gating effect to allies to make their shields more useful. At the very least, I think it could use a damage buff.

Aegis Storm - This is the most interesting skill to me at the moment, but the lack of mobility and only having the option to use Balefire really brings it down. If Balefire was stronger and had a secondary fire in flight it would be a lot more fun to use. Right now it feels like a downgrade to just staying on the ground and using either your primary or secondary. If Balefire can't receive some substantial buffs it would be really nice to at least be able to use your primary and/or secondary in flight. Higher mobility would also be a plus. Right now it's just not very fun to get locked in an animation and sacrifice so much gameplay for CC that other frames can provide while still playing normally.

Overall though, I have to say thanks for the hard work, she looks great and there are a lot of new ideas implemented in her kit. I hope you have the time to add some more polish because I think she has a lot of potential.

• Like 1

• She can't use dash when flying, making the custom animation pointless and wonky. 
  • Her 2 not working together with her 4 is also unintuitive, since pillage is vital to the kit, everything about the rather long landing, pressing 2 and waiting for 2 secs so I can maybe fly again is just bad. It isn't like aegis storm is doing much, since slowly killing things doesn't breaks the already broken power scale and the ability will be mostly used for its CC.
  • 2 does not work against infested, I thought the lesson was learned with mag's polarize about skills that become immediately useless against a faction, even more one as vital as shield pillage.
  • 4 is not fun, the damage it too low and being locked out of all weapons that aren't her 1 makes it press and forget to cc, since balefire is a raw weapon aka=not usable at all when it matters.
  • And yeah, balefire is a raw weapon with low fire rate, feels like a nerfed sonicor. On a frame that drops from the "endgame" boss.

Edited by Boboberto
  • Like 2

Great frame. I only have 2 issues with it. 

1) She has no synergy with magus elevate. it's problematic in itself because other tanky frame with damage reduction or, well, -every frames- can use that during emergency situations and get out unscattered granted they react fast enough. Hildryn is the only frame that is out of that loop due to low health and no slot to increase armor (despite having a good base amount) making her feel a lot less tanky to play than a lot non tanking frames.  It's not so much of an ability issue but a magus equivalent for shield would be welcome.

2) Her damage scaling is questionable which is problematic for a frame with an exalted weapon as it is at least expected to fill a slower but steady dps leap. The cause seems to be that her 2 seems to lack potency in term of armor/shield stripping and/or her exalted weapon lacks a similar gimmick that would synergize with that second ability.

Summary: Hildryn's main move (baleful rockets) need a status chance buff so it will also be effective in the high levels. The other moves feel like complements rather than unique abilities. So continued player use of Hildryn will rely on her 1 ( and tankyness also but I am impressed with that so far) since the other moves are not really stand alone movies except maybe 2 which only feels useful against shielded enemies.

I have played Hildryn and the concept is fun but this seems like another low to mid level frame.

Please allow her baleful rockets to have high status so she would not struggle in the high levels. At the moment it has low crit chance and low status. I do not mind the low crit chance, but status is definitely needed because high armored and high shield units take so long to die that her 1 becomes useless (apart from ragdolling) in the higher level content. It's much quicker to just kill them with your regular weapon. However, high status would allow easier procs to gas enemies or strip armor. 

For example, today I was playing with her and a sortie corrupted heavy gunner took so long to kill that I opted to use my gun instead. She becomes a bullet sponge when using 4 and 1. This would not be as much of a problem if her 1 was effective on high levels.

The 1 is her flashiest move hands down (especially with her 4th). The other moves feel more like complements and for assisting teammates, but there's no one you spend more situations with than yourself. Hildryn's 1 should be effective in the high levels too because mostly veterans would be farming her due to the requirements, and she is a hype frame that drew me (and probably others) back to the game. However if her 1 remains weak the flash will go away because her other abilities feel more complementary rather than unique abilities.

Edited by ShockBurst
  • Like 1

Line of Sight on her 2nd, 3rd, and 4th abilities:

LoS requirement for her abilities makes them feel very unreliable. Examples:

• Haven obstructed by the enemy in front of me (until I move).

giphy.gif

• Aegis storm being obstructed by the slightly raised tile under her flight.

giphy.gif

I suggest removing LoS requirements from her abilities.

Aegis Storm:

The ability can be a strong crowd control tool. However, I feel punished for leaving the ground due to the shrinking AoE for doing so. I cannot fly (have fun!) without giving up my crowd control duties. I suggest that the range be fixed at the current maximum range.

The damage dealt by Aegis Storm feels redundant with Haven. I suggest that the damage mechanics be removed from Aegis Storm passed on to Haven (height while flying = strength increase).

Thank you for Hildryn, she is my favorite. I will continue to play her regardless of the issues.

Edited by oodalumps
  • Like 3

hey DE. thanks for the new frame. I have a few observations and comments

I'll separate into each ability:

first ability: it's pretty powerful with a slow charge rate and that's fine but it also has a 1 meter splash damage which is pretty low ranged. I was hoping that on charge the splash damage range would be higher (at least 2 meters or 3 meters) which would help with mob clear especially on more powerful content like like MOT and sortie survivals and endless content like that. Also while charging and then firing the charged shot i can't parkour and move around like i usually do for a small period of time. i end up just remaining on the ground and feeling kinda stationary for a bit while/a bit after charging my shot.

second ability: the duration at base is super duper low. when I add primed continuity to it it goes up to 3.1 seconds and it feels better but the duration should be a little longer (for me around 3-4 seconds base would be nice) so that i can gather more missiles to regen my shields more easily, especially in situations where the enemies are more spread out over a larger area.

third ability:  seems ok. I have to wait for the shield gating to be implemented to really be able to judge this ability because as of right now the ability is not useful for the rest of the warframes because they can just get one shot through their shields from a high level bombard or something

fourth ability:  great crowd control

hey DE. thanks for the new frame. I have a few observations and comments

I'll separate into each ability:

first ability: it's pretty powerful with a slow charge rate and that's fine but it also has a 1 meter splash damage which is pretty low ranged. I was hoping that on charge the splash damage range would be higher (at least 2 meters or 3 meters) which would help with mob clear especially on more powerful content like like MOT and sortie survivals and endless content like that. Also while charging and then firing the charged shot i can't parkour and move around like i usually do for a small period of time. i end up just remaining on the ground and feeling kinda stationary for a bit while/a bit after charging my shot. also i would love to be able to zoom in while i am using my fourth ability. at the moment i can't do that and it feels awkward and wonky to use in that aegis storm form.

overall tho allowing regular movement while using this ability (and while not in the fourth ability ofc) would be nice

second ability: the duration at base is super duper low. when I add primed continuity to it it goes up to 3.1 seconds and it feels better but the duration should be a little longer (for me around 3-4 seconds base would be nice) so that i can gather more missiles to regen my shields more easily, especially in situations where the enemies are more spread out over a larger area. In addition, it's completely useless against infested. is there any way for it to benefit her when she's against the infested enemies? like at the very least maybe stun them for a bit?

third ability:  seems ok. I have to wait for the shield gating to be implemented to really be able to judge this ability because as of right now the ability is not useful for the rest of the warframes because they can just get one shot through their shields from a high level bombard or something

fourth ability:  great crowd control but super slow. also i can't cross gaps while in this form because i end up just falling down and respawning somewhere. the main problem is just being sluggish while in this ability. I feel like i shouldn't be as speedy as titania when she is in her fourth ability, but i should be at least faster than the speed at which she is at in her fourth ability now. Maybe twice the speed would feel a lot better

Thanks

Edited by GGbroman
clarification

Can the 3 just be a pure support power with no enemy interactions? I don't need it to do any damage, really, when I have a gun and the Hildryn's shield is already eating up the damage she is taking. I get it would be useless solo other than to keep your sentinel/pet alive, but the damage to enemies is laughable anyway. Would be nice if Hildryn sacrificed a chunk of shield on press to increase regen for everyone including herself for a set duration rather than a channel, allowing her to keep regenerating even when under heavy fire (bypassing the regen delay, ofc). Makes the skill more tactical (since you would have to decide if sacrificing current shield for future generation is wise, or prepare it before a battle) and would solve the issue of shields not generating unless you spam shield pillage/use things like Guardian, Taxon, Arcane Barrier/ Arcane Aegis.

2 could do with a multiplier for armor, so one armor stripped restores more than 1 shield.

Balefire can do with more status and a higher projectile flight speed/larger blast radius. I would argue for crit but that would be too optimized for a slow, hard hitter. Also, the slow walk when charging or on firing has to go. Can't she get the Chroma treatment and run at normal speed?

Edited by Guest

The first and most blatant problem with Hildryn is that her 2 only really works on shields. You get almost nothing back from armor, and literally nothing back from health. This makes it either unreliable or useless against anything that isn't corpus.

il y a une heure, XaoGarrent a dit :

The first and most blatant problem with Hildryn is that her 2 only really works on shields. You get almost nothing back from armor, and literally nothing back from health. This makes it either unreliable or useless against anything that isn't corpus.

high armor gain so many shields. But 2 realy stupid ability and raksa deal more to recharge shields. 

DE, please, make sorties the toxin and slash. People realy dont understand her main problem xD

I still have the same opinion as before her release, and it got confirmed. Hildryn gets 1-shot by toxin procs. Shields don't bloody matter at all in this point.

Don't get me wrong, with the upfollowing "bashing" (call it what you like, Mods), she looks good, but her abilities are minor versions of already existing ones. You are cleary running out of ideas.

About the abilities (I will refer shield pool usage as energy consumption, like it were her regular energy pool):

First (sidearm exalted) is a bloody joke. It is an energy consuming Staticor. Nothing more. Rational aiming and killing is inefficient. It is more a CC for trolls. The damage might be good, synergized with her floating bastille mode (more later on), but other than that, useless. And 100 energy per shot is pretty harsh.

Second ability is kinda meh. Shield/Armor absorption is mediocre. Cannot rip off armor from Lv 120 gunners. Ash does that with no struggle or problem and more efficient. (Yea, I will compare them, because Warframe is about comparison between the frames in game). Increasing the shields with overshields is neat, sure, but still useless if a Lv 100+ toxin proccing enemy gets sneaky sneaky and knocks you off of your shoes.

Her third is useless. The damage it deals to Lv 120 grineer units is utterly bad. 70 dmg ticks ... No, thanks. Nidus and Trinity does have a better link compatibility. The continuous energy usage is just a pain into your chest, literally. It pokes and does nothing else.

And her "ulti", which we don't refer to it that way anymore, which clearly isn't worth the ultimate-title anyways, is a Vauban's Bastille with limited move speed, just one instance and limited mobility. And the damage increase ... I don't get it. Is it for the abilities to cause more damage if lower in altitude or for our weapons? At least it stops that bloody annoying ragdolling and launching of enemies...

It would have been great, if Hildryn (why always that "yn / yr" in those names like Saryn, Valkyr, Zephyr? Is this a running gag?) had more speciality to her in terms of armor maybe? She looks bulkier than Rhina ... I mean Rhino and has more oompf than Mesa's ASSets, and yet she is squishier than all those other tanky tanks. Even anorexia ... ehem ... skinny Inaros withstands more damage (even without Arcanes).

And the temporary paywall ... totally the wrong way, DE.

I am disappointed by this frame. I hoped something skillful like Harrow, where you are on a constant pressure of maximizing your skill power/duration/etc. output and see the immense results of doing a good job (50-80k hits on regular body shots with 1 of 4 possible projectiles from a single-bullet shooting pistol).

For me, it is another frame to dust in a corner with Wukong, Ember and Co. She can take that Tatsu with her to the Synapse graveyard.

Edited by iHeuksal
  • Like 3

il y a 6 minutes, iHeuksal a dit :

Her third is useless. The damage it deals to Lv 120 grineer units is utterly bad. 70 dmg ticks ... No, thanks. Nidus and Trinity does have a better link compatibility.

Il y a 17 heures, zhellon a dit :

Don't listen. This ability is fine. It just performs well the function of helping the team, unlike anything else.

Révéler le contenu masqué

4efe8736122dbef66caff457a8481e77.png

Can you deal more test before you write? You really call "useless" OP ability. 

Edited by zhellon

9 minutes ago, zhellon said:

And yet Nidus for example does a better job by increasing your power strength by a tremendous amount. Please don't refer something to anything, if you don't comprehend the whole line in that sentence. It is useless.

Edited by iHeuksal

il y a 8 minutes, iHeuksal a dit :

And yet Nidus for example does a better job by increasing your power strength by a tremendous amount. Please don't refer something to anything, if you don't comprehend the whole line in that sentence.

I understand you want more damage. But it is a tank. It should not kill the look as Saryn or Mesa. This ability very similar to Phoenix Renewal, but no have 90 sec cooldown and save much better as it does not rely on HP. If it still will redirect the toxin and the slash on the shields of the allies, this is the best team ability in the game.

Nidus solo gamer, the team doesn't need him. 

Edited by zhellon

10 minutes ago, zhellon said:

4efe8736122dbef66caff457a8481e77.png

Can you deal more test before you write? You really call "useless" OP ability. 

I don't get your quoting. You are literally showing off a screenshot with her link ability just causing 4 damage ticks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

I understand you want more damage. But it is a tank. It should not kill the look as Saryn or Mesa. This ability very similar to Phoenix Renewal, but no have 90 sec cooldown and save much better as it does not rely on HP. If it still will redirect the toxin and the slash on the shields of the allies, this is the best team ability in the game.

A tank ... you didn't really read my text of wall. Have a nice day.

Can't play her yet but she seems pretty solid as a tank/support after having played with one on a 20min defense. The only thing i've found quite annoying is the sounds her powers make, just like Baruuk's daggers *Boing* which are not immersive (to not say ridiculous). 😛

Edited by 000l000

1. Baleful Rockets at least need a status chance buff so her entire complementary kit won't be useless in the high levels. For example, level 100 heavy Gunners in kuva survival take so long to die with baleful (that takes both survivability and "energy") that it's preferred to just use your regular weapons that you brought with you, and without her 1 there's little use for any of her other abilities. 2 only works well with shielded enemies, 3 still allows teammates to easily die in the high levels and 4 needs 1 unless you have a teammate near. Her use at the moment mainly revolves around 1. Therefore her 1 has to be strong or it would be better to use a different tank frame that can do more than one job or at least have more than one useful high level ability.

2. Her 2 is too unreliable unless you have shielded enemies. This makes the frame feel very limited and like something you wouldn't use pass the first month. The armor and shield strip is laughable in high levels.

3. The damage from her 3 is almost useless. I do not know why low damage abilities are even still a thing since the community hates them on every frame (eg. Nyx's old unaugmented psychic bolts and vaubans old and current 1). They're only good on low to mid level content. Id rather the ability link enemy armor or health to her as her shields go down. This would make it a good scaling ability. If against linking armor etc., let it fully strip armor and shields or apply viral (for infested) to linked enemies. Hildryn looks super techy. I don't see why her having a gadget to make every enemy type weaker like revenant's adaptable 4 can't be a thing. This would also assist in the ability feeling unique because at the moment she's mostly only useful when using her 1 or 1 with 4. My teammates still die easily in high levels when shields are linked. This would also buff her currently weak 1 that needs a use in high level content. 

4. I am not sure but it seems like it is not a 360° CC. In a kuva survival, enemies coming out of a hole in the wall were not affected until coming through that hole despite the aura being in range. In addition, enemies coming from a behind entrance also were not affected unless I faced them. I think this should be 360° because you already can't use your regular weapons which are more reliable than her weak 1 in the high levels, and she's a bullet sponge when up in the air like that.

Edited by ShockBurst
  • Like 1