Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

7d32bd16098e00e2b7095502a778b9d2.jpg

This thread will be used to house your feedback on the newest Warframe: Hildryn! The best defense is a good offense. Hildryn draws from her Shields to fuel her powers, while Energy recharges her Shields. Learn more about her abilities below: 

PASSIVE:
Become invulnerable for a brief moment after Shields are depleted. This ability is restored when Shields fully recharge.

BALEFIRE
Charge and launch devastating bolts of fire.

SHIELD PILLAGE
Pillage a percentage of Shields and Armor of nearby enemies to replenish Hildryn’s own Shields and Overshields. Also removes status effects from Hildryn and her allies.

HAVEN
Create a Shield aura around allies. Enemies that approach Shielded allies will take damage.

AEGIS STORM
Take the skies and rain Balefire rockets down on the enemy. Nearby enemies are blasted into the air where they will create an Energy Orb every few seconds. When Shields runs out the enemies are smashed into the ground.

• Hildryn can use her custom dodge while in Aegis Storm at the cost of her Shields (50). We're starting with this cost because many abilities of this nature have movement restrictions that can be overcome with Augments (Peacemaker, Resonating Quake, Assimilate). We want to try out a movement cost before we tweak further based on feedback. 

Note on Hildryn for PS4, XB1, and Switch from update thread: We are hoping for a speedy turnaround for the cert builds, but this does depend heavily on fixes going live on PC. We will keep you updated as we go along. We appreciate your patience, especially since we know you are excited to get to collecting Hildryn’s components via the boss fight. Rest assured that even though we have changed up the pacing of the event, Hildryn will remain a completely free Warframe for you to earn once the fight is live! 

For now, you can play to earn the Operation Emblem, new mods, Sigil, and Opticor Vandal via Thermia fractures. Good luck out there, Tenno! 

FEEDBACK GUIDELINES

Before posting feedback on Hildryn be sure to spend enough time with her in different missions! Once you feel you have handle on what she’s all about, and would like to share your thoughts, here is a fast guide from a Dev side to write good, useful feedback. A well constructed and thought out post is the way to go! 

1. Keep it simple
Write simple, directed points about the topic you feel strongly about. Remember to be constructive and to the point.

2. Back it up
Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

3. Be polite
The best feedback occurs when two people discuss opposing viewpoints to find a constructive middle ground. Discussion is a natural part of feedback! Ensuring that it is polite and without personal attacks is key. We’re far less inclined to listen to feedback filled with personal attacks and rude speech. We are all trying our best!

The Forums can be an amazing tool when used correctly. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Hildryn! 

EDIT: UPCOMING CHANGES OF NOTE:

Hildryn's Main Blueprint is being moved from Vox Solaris' Offering Rank of Shadow (Rank 5) to Agent (Rank 2).

This is coming in a near Hotfx - thank you for your feedback! Live! 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Edited for PS4, XB1, and Switch

Please reconsider placing her main blueprint into the "shadow" rank. I already skipped baruuk because of the unbearable grind (or adjust the toroid drop rates at least). Id hate to have to skip yet another frame.

• Like 4

Seriously, another frame locked at Tier 5? No matter how shiny the new frame is, most players who do not enjoy the Heist content will never acquire her if she's locked at such a high level. Forcing people to play high-tier missions when the rest of the parts can be found in the Operation is not a great idea. And PLEASE don't take this comment to mean that you should put them ALL in the Tier 5 just so they're all in the same place. Just put the Frame BP's back in the market like how all the old frames were. Earning the frame parts is fine, but being forced to farm tons of items and a boss fight 98 times is not fun or "playing a game", it's just work.

Edited by KaizergidorahXi
  • Like 5

I agree her single BP shouldn't be locked behind the highest tier, I was glad when the update hit, as soon I logged in and saw that she was locked behind the highest tier, I logged right back out of the game. I ain't about to play more of the same boring heist content, atleast you could had added more heist missions, but no its the same old ones.

Either put her BP in shadow or tier 2, at this point I rather do a story mission for the BP, then more heist grind.

• Like 3

Burried behind max standing Vox Solaris........ you're making it really hard for me to make a case for trying to get my friend back into the game when things like this make it hard for me to want to play. Which is something cause I was really looking forward to T H I C C waifu at a reasonable grind and frankly this grind makes the grind for Equinox look like the quest for Excal Umbra. 

And I'm sure this will garner a bunch of "just buy her for plat 4head" .... see thing there is I'm kinda funny when it comes to things that feel like their geared to force me to buy things in the in game store..... in that they make me want to buy those things from the store even less. 

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 1

Filthy pay-to-win here, is it intentional that Hildryn can't channel? On other frames, channeling works, but not on Hildryn.

Edit: Suppose I should give feedback too, haha. She's very fun to play, I'm enjoying the liberation from worrying about parasitics and energy leeches. Her shields are surprisingly durable, and the passive takes the edge off of the anxiety of being nuked. Her debuffs and buffs put her in a support/dps role in my opinion - exalted weapons are always good, this one isn't an exception so far. One big problem though: The first Nox I came across completely wiped me off the map. She doesn't have the luxury of NOT building some health. Primed Vigor is a good solution, but not available to everyone. This is all low level testing, but I like the design philosophies so far.

Edited by MangeurDuPiscine
Made a more substantial post
  • Like 2

So, the big lady is here, and unfortunately, she aint very good... gonna list now some reasons as why i think so!

-> Balefire only has 5% crit chance, 1.5x crit dmg, and 10% status while having 620 base electric dmg(? thought theese were fire blasts), seems DE didnt learn that raw dmg doesnt cut it in WF until they fix enemy armor scaling, shame that other frames and guns suffer from this too(looking at you Baruuk)... this issue could have been avoided if Shield Pillage was less wonky

-> Balefire has a wonky effect on movement, firing it puts in a brief moment of slow walking, charging forces u to slow-walk

-> Shield Pillage is incredibly wonky, you activate the ability and an AoE slowly expands over the course of the abilities duration, enemies who walk into this AoE are 'marked' to have their defenses stolen, but that only happens when either the abilities duration runs out(its very short) or u manually deactivate it

why did it have to be so clunky? why not just a wave that quickly steals shields/armor? as soon as they enter it? and worst of all, tanking duration isnt a good option, as it affects the shield drain of haven/aegis storm by a lot

-> Shield Pillage has ZERO effect on enemies that have 0 shields/armor, Hildryn is useless in infested missions, and in missions against Grineer when 4 people use Corrossive Projection or when 4 people use Shield Disruption on missions against corpus, this was smth i was fearing the moment her abilities were announced, and its pretty weird considering Trinity can drain infinite amounts of energy from enemies

also it seems the drain is based on a % of current  enemy armor/shields, so the effect becomes progressively worse when it comes to replenishing our shields until we get nada, imo we should always get a small flat % of our shields back per enemy affected + a the % of defenses we steal

-> No criticism of heaven's functionality, yet, just wanted to say its sound effect is annoying, constant buzzing is bads

-> Aegis Storm... Movement speed during Aegis Storm is WAY too slow(no"sprint" option to go faster) , only upwards vertical movement is allowed on controllers(crouch button does nothing) despite being doable on KB&M, no option to leave Aegis Storm via dodge or bullet jump, only the slam, no normal weapons are allowed to be used so you HAVE to use Balefire which has its own issues and finally, the camera angle is awful, the camera needs to be moved a bit up, instead of an over the shoulder view its a round the back view at the moment so aiming can be very annoying(we cant even aim down sights, no zoom)

-> Why in the heck can we not use Shield Pillage during Aegis Storm???? i know it makes enemies drop orbs  every few seconds, but why??

heres hoping the big lady gets some changes over the coming week!

Edited by TKDancer
  • Like 6

She sucks against any faction that isn't corpus because they don't have any shields to steal, and has to frequently take cover and wait for her shields to recharge.
Her 2 not being able to be cast while her 4 is active makes her 4 a lot less fun to use because her flying fuel is also her health/ammo and can be ripped off pretty easily.
Her 3 seems pretty lackluster.
She works really well against corpus because she can spam her 2 without a care in the world and constantly be at full overshields. Making toxin/slash not affect her when she has overshields was a good change.

Make her 2 refill shields from any damage, and not just shield damage. And make it castable when she's in her 4.

• Like 1

Stats:

- She's not as tanky as you guys think she is unless you abuse the shield gate. Shields are notoriously bad in warframe for many reasons.

- a lot of mods don't work with her thus limiting build variety. Would have been cool if she had new interaction with energy based mods like hinted at during the dev stream.

- her costs are too high when you consider that she needs to survive and cast abilities from one source.

Shield Matrix:

- the overshield gate doesn't seem to be working.

Balefire:

- Charging shots is absolutely not worth it right now. spamming quickshots deals more damage per sec and consumes less energy overall. There needs to be an incentive to charging.

- The weird slow while charging makes it even less appealing to do.

Shield Pillage:

- Would be better if it worked like oberon's strip combo based on total armor.

- Seems undertuned against grineer and absolutely useless against infested.

- Needs to do something against health to not be worthless when in a team with 4 cps or against infested.

- The cleanse is better at the start honestly. Procs in warframe don't last that long to be worth cleansing after the wave comes back.

- The LoS requirement is really unnecessary considering how restrictive her design already is.

Haven:

- Extremely underwhelming damage and utility for that drain cost. Especially the cost per enemy.At this point I would gladely remove the dmaage per enemy part and just buff the utility aspect of this ability.

- The SFX are extremely annoying.

Aegis Storm:

- The controls are really bad. She feels clunky and slow.

- doesn't really feel like an ultimate ability, the damage is lackluster and the cc is too restrictive.

- her 1 should be free during her 4 with how much shields it already drains alone or she should be allowed to use her weapons.

- The double balefire being cosmetic only is really disappointing.

Bugs:

- enermies caught in her 4 tend to break out oif it when shot.

- the hitbox of her 1 is really small.

- the passive is not working a few seconds after activation sometimes even if the shields recharged during the grace period.

- The cleanse on Pillage is bugged for clients.

- When her shields ran out while balefire is active, she is left with no weapon equipped.

- Balefire sends enemies flying sometimes.

Edited by SSI_Seraph
  • Like 7

There is a period of time after firing her 1 where it slows your movement. With the current push to make things more fluid and responsive this feels totally out of place and frankly just bad to use. 

• Like 4

I know I’m on console but I do feel this is important to mention.

Remember BattleFront 2? Remember when people did the math and it took an excessive amount of time to unlock 1 character?

If feels like we’re starting to reach Battle Front 2 levels of excessive grind for these last few frames and it’s honestly putting me off even bothering to try and get them. If you guys could maybe bring  Hildryns BP down to Vox Solaris tank 2 or 3 that’d be much appreciated.

Edit: better yet. Put her BP at max rank of just normal Solaris United.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301
  • Like 1

The screen shake on Haven caused by it tethering to an enemy is utterly excessive in various modes (like Survival, when you're constantly running past several mobs), to the point of being extremely nauseating to someone who isn't normally motion sick.

It makes me not want to touch her at all because of it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:
44 minutes ago, Rachnera said:

She sucks against any faction that isn't corpus because they don't have any shields to steal, and has to frequently take cover and wait for her shields to recharge.

She should work off of armored enemies as well.

Thankfully, her 2 does just that:

SHIELD PILLAGE
Pillage a percentage of Shields and Armor of nearby enemies to replenish Hildryn’s own Shields and Overshields.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

Thankfully, her 2 does just that:

Sadly, you'll only regain a good 20 shielding from hitting 20+ Grineer. Compared to the 1000 or so that you would get from hitting Corpus.

Edited by Vantal
  • Like 1

are you serious?? you put her blueprint in the last rank of vox solaris?? i already skipped baruuk because of that,which wasn't such a big problem for me cause i didn't like him but this again?im not going to farm her untill you replace her blueprint thanks.

• Like 1