Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Le 20/03/2019 à 15:36, God_Emperor_Phex a dit :

I love her and i play with Duration: 135%, Eff: 75%, Range: 100%, Strength: 284% and 2x Arcane Barrier R3

So she's perfectly viable with literally two sets of legendary arcanes, seriously this is a feedback thread, not a min/maxing fest. What you said isn't even reliable since you're really some niche player. -_-

And she's not that good against Grineers once some players are using Corrosive projection, this aura is impairing a lot Hildryn's whole gameplay. Last time i played with 3 CP i was barely able to get a few shield back - and if you're also playing in low level content you'll get not much either. So she's basically not much useful against Infested, against low level enemies, against Grineers if you have some CP or Mag or Saryn or whatever can strip armor faster than you... That's a lot to complain about !

Seriously, Hildryn is good on paper, she certainly rocks on many content but once you've met the things i mentioned above, she's literally worthless, her kit only works theorically. In real game she can be a real pain.

59 minutes ago, 000l000 said:

So she's perfectly viable with literally two sets of legendary arcanes, seriously this is a feedback thread, not a min/maxing fest. What you said isn't even reliable since you're really some niche player. -_-

And she's not that good against Grineers once some players are using Corrosive projection, this aura is impairing a lot Hildryn's whole gameplay. Last time i played with 3 CP i was barely able to get a few shield back - and if you're also playing in low level content you'll get not much either. So she's basically not much useful against Infested, against low level enemies, against Grineers if you have some CP or Mag or Saryn or whatever can strip armor faster than you... That's a lot to complain about !

Seriously, Hildryn is good on paper, she certainly rocks on many content but once you've met the things i mentioned above, she's literally worthless, her kit only works theorically. In real game she can be a real pain.

The shield aura also gimps her against Corpus, just like CP does for Grineer. And infested are weird in that, they have something that acts like armor, in that corrosive does bonus damage to it, but its not counted as armor. So Shield Pillage just does not work on them. 

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

any of the frame devs can fix these issues just with the amount of feedback here and on reddit and twitter.

While this is true...I fear it won't be fixed and will sit broken for awhile until a rework somewhere down the road. They have been silent on it, and still went ahead with the shield costing dash during her 4, despite outcry against it. I am not sure where they got that she is "powerful", but she is like a combination of pre-rework mag and limbo, in that she only really works against Corpus, and doesn't work well with a squad.

il y a 10 minutes, Corvinna a dit :

The shield aura also gimps her against Corpus, just like CP does for Grineer. And infested are weird in that, they have something that acts like armor, in that corrosive does bonus damage to it, but its not counted as armor. So Shield Pillage just does not work on them. 

You're right, i never mentioned it though cause it's really a niche aura not much people use. Corrosive projection on the other hand is a real plague for Hildryn since it's a damn popular mod  - And it works with Corpus too since robots are armored enemies.

Anyway, the more i play Hildryn the more i'm concerned about her kit and she'll definitely end as a really niche frame. Bugs and tweaks are welcome but we're talking about her core mechanics here. 😔

If DE doesn't care about a frame being unplayable only because a Mag or a Saryn are already spamming their own skills and thus preventing you from getting any shield back, what are we supposed to do, leave because of bad design ?

DE team should have thought about that prior to release date.

1 hour ago, Corvinna said:

While this is true...I fear it won't be fixed and will sit broken for awhile until a rework somewhere down the road. They have been silent on it, and still went ahead with the shield costing dash during her 4, despite outcry against it. I am not sure where they got that she is "powerful", but she is like a combination of pre-rework mag and limbo, in that she only really works against Corpus, and doesn't work well with a squad.

I think shes very powerful. Check out Clarke army warframe partner... Shes very very good.

Il y a 1 heure, 000l000 a dit :

Anyway, the more i play Hildryn the more i'm concerned about her kit and she'll definitely end as a really niche frame

The problem is that she has no niche to begin with. 

Inaros is basically a better version when it comes to tanking. 

The armor strip on pillage is not viable because it drains current armor. 

The orb generation on her 4 is basically just viable if you or your teammates have energizes. And you shouldn't have it because it doesn't interact with her to begin with. Otherwise trin did the whole energy generation better.

Her only *current* niche is giving allies shield gating and I insist on current because that's gonna be generalized to more frames in one iteration or another down the line. 

She doesn't provide enough in those aspects combined to be called a generalist either. Other frames still have more value when you look at their other abilities. 

Post shield gating generalization, what hildryn will be is a shield "tank" that generate orbs. That's not really exciting and shield tanking can only go so far when she's actively eating through her defences and regenerating them. 

Note:

- I know that she can exploit the gate and be basicly immortal but I think that build is too restrictive and at point just play wukong.

- She is completely shutdown by infested and that should never be the case. 

- A frame should never be reliant on arcanes and mods like adaptation to be able to function. They're supposed to improve the performance not be mandatory. 

Edited by SSI_Seraph
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, SSI_Seraph said:

The problem is that she has no niche to begin with. 

The armor strip on pillage is not viable because it drains current armor. 

The orb generation on her 4 is basically just viable if you or your teammates have energizes. And you shouldn't have it because it doesn't interact with her to begin with. Otherwise trin did the whole energy generation better.

Her only *current* niche is giving allies shield gating and I insist on current because that's gonna be generalized to more frames in one iteration or another down the line. 

She doesn't provide enough in those aspects combined to be called a generalist either. Other frames still have more value when you look at their other abilities. 

Post shield gating generalization, what hildryn will be is a shield "tank" that generate orbs. That's not really exciting and shield tanking can only go so far when she's actively eating through her defences and regenerating them. 

Note:

- I know that she can exploit the gate and be basicly immortal but I think that build is too restrictive and at point just play wukong.

- A frame should never be reliant on arcanes and mods like adaptation to be able to function. They're supposed to improve the performance not be mandatory. 

She isnt shutdown by infested.

Hildryn feels mostly fine, but I hate that when I activate Aegis Storm, I also have to independently activate Balefire or she just floats around without any means of attack.

I would like to either see Balefire activate simultaneously with Aegis Storm, or her to be able to use her normal weaponry while in Aegis Storm. Just something that doesn't force me to remember to also activate/deactivate her 1 when I activate/deactivate her 4, and makes her flow a bit more intuitively.

Il y a 2 heures, SSI_Seraph a dit :

The nidus is the best version, as his tankovy accelerates to 17 million effective HP.

Il y a 2 heures, SSI_Seraph a dit :

Yesterday I ran with it against infected on arbitration. With the dark dagger regenerated the shields, this is still the most effective tactic against the infected.

Edited by zhellon

Il y a 6 heures, zhellon a dit :

Yesterday I ran with it against infected on arbitration. With the dark dagger regenerated the shields, this is still the most effective tactic against the infected.

I know about r.d.d., shield based syndicate procs or just using shield restores or arcanes like barrier and aegis.

We're judging and giving feedback on the frame and her abilities here, not her interaction with some very specific weapons or arcanes to somewhat bandaid her problems. 

Edited by SSI_Seraph

I equipped a Halikar with a Spectra on my Hildryn and when I used the 1 ability it permanently disabled the Halikar for the rest of the match. I still had the round aiming reticle for the throw and the Halikar was sheathed at the arm, but could not be activated by E.

I just confirmed this in the Simulacrium. I had the 3 on, Spectra and Halikar equipped. Both work just fine until I have used my 1 even only once and uncharged. Spetra works, Halikar disabled.

EDIT: Turns out that that activating the 1 with secondary equipped as above it disables the Spectra and the Halikar after each activation. And I actually didn't need to shot the 1 ability, just activating and deactivating had the effect. At one point and for no discernable reason the 1 even disabled both the pistol and the melee weapon. But after another on/off the gun worked again 🙂

Edited by BratwurstBob

I've been playing Hildryn since I got her a day or two ago, and she's proving to be a pretty solid frame.

Passive - Shield gating - Works pretty well once you get used to the idea, but unless you have high regen once the breach invulnerability has been used you tend to get chewed down by anything with a hitscan weapon. Gunners are particuarly bad for this. the electric shield bar thing is neat, but I also need an indicator in my field of view and/or an audio cue of my gate status - it's really easy to have it drop, duck behind something *almost* long enough to have it reset, and then eat a slash proc and instapop.

1)  Balefire - Has some impressive numbers, but the second the enemy has reductions in effect it just falls flat. As an example, I shot the juggernaut with a 21+k damage shot and got a literal 53 damage result.  With no crit or status improvement, it's fine for clearing chaff early on but will run down faster than Dex Pixia or other Exalted weapons. Also, it tends to ignore targets - it's a common occurrence to fire though the torso of an Infested Ancient, for example.
Needs - better projectile hitbox, number tweaks.

2) Shield Pillage - good premise, nice that it regens on both armor and shield, and the cleanse on cast is a great thing. Common auras and damage types working against your regen is a concern, so that is a consideration to take into account when modding. The line of sight restriction would be ok in my opinion, except that the ability uses a bugged origin to calculate LOS causing it to flake out and not work on obviously valid targets.
Needs - an LOS bugfix and a second look then, otherwise solid concept

3) Haven - nice ability, good that you can bolster your allies and provide shield gating while debuffing your enemies. Damage wise it's not a one toggle and make a sandwich ability, which is good, but it also seems a bit low. Could use the ability to proc status, but I'd preferr it to simply apply a rad debuff only when the beam is linked to the enemy.
Needs - maybe a bit more damage,  but honestly just the rad debuff while linked would serve.

4) Aegis Storm - Nice CC with spot damage capability. Flightspeed is a bit low, but workable, especially with sprint mods. The controls are clumsy - you are often prevented from ascending/descending and moving in a direction simultaneously, forcing you to release all keys and perform single actions to correct the vector or smack into a wall or somesuch, which basically makes you a slowpoke duck and that needs some polish. Dash is nice, but is planar and has an overly long ending phase, again making it clumsy to really dash it up. The CC once applied to a target and the resulting energy orb bonanza is a good thing and works pretty well, though not well enough to sustain flight indefinetely which is something to note, as it could be good incentive to mod differently. Suffers the same LOS bug as her 2 making application flaky. not being able to shield pillage during 4 is an obvious design decision, but prevents her from cleansing, which is bad. Being able to use Balefire in 4 is nice, thanks for the fix allowing it to be toggled while in hover, as having to leave it on was a quick way to cap yourself out and cause weapon swap weirdness. her model blocks accurate fire though, as does not having the ADS option.
Needs - Bugfix.
optional - reduce Balefire projectile speed slightly and have it track the reticule as if laserguided.

LOS bug - She's got a glaring and debilitating one which her 2 and 4 share. It *seems* to be that they are calculating LOS based on the groundpoint she is standing on/hovering over instead of using her center model mass point as origin, and also using the same reference point on the enemy instead of their center model mass. This makes skill application flake out whenever there is the slightest blocking occurring, and creates some bizarre patterns where there are literal safe zones inside the radius depending on what innocuous lumps on the ground, handrails, or platform edges happen to be around. Her 3 functrions center model mass to center model mass, and is exactly how 2 and 4 should act as well. Until these 3 skills have parity in this aspect, it's hard to really judge exactly how numbers need to change to improve performance and feel.

• Like 1

this is just a small nitpick but when hildryn uses her balefire chargers feel a bit stiff when firing the the charged bolts in aegis storm or not. would like it if when firing charge bolts it look like she was shot putting the bolt of energy or just firing with a punch. not exactly sure how i can put this idea in my head out into words. 

I finally got her, she's neat, i do like her to some extent, i'm still leveling and i need to #*!% around with her build some though.

The very first thing i noticed though that made me really just hate it is the slow walk nonsense while using bale fire. The gun is ok,i killed a ton of S#&$ on hydron with it just fine, might suffer at sortie content since it's raw damage but it's a fun gun, but god i absolutely despise not being able to move properly while charging and briefly after firing the gun. 

This goes for all slow walk stuff, give me the ability to at least do an operator tier basic jump with them. If you are that committed to keeping this S#&$ty slow walk on this gun, let me jump at least. I'd also like a small jump for mesa so i can hop up on small containers and ledges (you have no idea how much of a difference even a small height advantage can mean) but i'll work with what i have for that one.

I think She is so interesting, Good Balanced frame.
All abilities are useful and unique... I'M EXCITING NOW!

But there is a need to improve. Especially on the behavior of AEGIS STORM.

Many people mention movement speed, but I think that it is appropriate now. HILDRYN is a massive and heavy frame.  Moving at high speed will not suit she.
However, I feel difficult to control AEGIS STORM. I think the reason is the pitch up / down speed. For example, a slight improvement of about 10% will make it much better.
Furthermore, it is considered as a countermeasure that no, or reduce touchdown motion if the altitude is lower than a certain level (exp. Lowest altitude) when the release of ability.

And many people are asking for the use of SHIELD PILLAGE during AEGIS STORM, but I do not agree.
If it is possible, she can always maintain high endurance and high aggression in the air.
Managing energy is a big issue for many Frames, have to devise various ideas. Making this easy, will make the "GAME PLAY" easier for the player. But "GAME" is go boring, and  break.
Is that really good for Game? Best for WARFRAME? I do not think so.

*I don't native English. Used a lot of Google translate. I apologize if it strange sentence.

Had an issue when running long in an infested survival that I'm not certain was the common assasin toxic ancient - twice, while in Aegis Storm, and toggling Balefire I was downed while still in sheild gate, with 2500+ shields, and at full health. Both times it was as if my press of the balefire activation key dropped me - the timing was uncanny. Once I would dismiss as coincidence, but twice with no enemies within range, no apparent damage being taken, and roughly the same level of shields and health  was worth mentioning here.

why make Balefire raw Damage? That damage model has been outdated ever since damage 2.0. I understand why it wasn’t crit due to the primed crit mods existing? But is there any reason it couldn’t have been made a status weapon? Because it’s a pretty raw deal to get forced into using a weapon that’s inferior to the secondary weapon I already have equipped.

I've already left feedback a couple of times in this thread, but eh. She's just a couple tweaks away from being amazing and I would like to see some of those happen. 

- I don't think Balefire is justifed to have a slow effect. It's one of the smallest weapons in the game with a very unimpressive charge mechanic. What exactly is slowing her down? I legitimately think it would be a buff to the ability to just remove the charge all together. The exalted weapon does decent raw damage, but there's not much reason to use it outside of Aegis Storm. The slow when charging is just the nail in the coffin for it. 

- Shield Pillage is great... against Corpus. It doesn't even need to be great against the Corpus though since Corpus have nearly no means of killing Hildryn. While stealing the shields of a heavily-shielded faction sounds great, there are also plenty of other ways that makes this a fairly small benefit. I'd love to see a rework/buff to this ability that allows it to be effective at granting Overshields when fighting the Grineer and Infested. Hildryn's greatest weaknesses are Slash Procs and Toxin Damage. While the status procs from Slash and Toxin aren't likely to oneshot a decently built Hildryn (ie the Hildryns that have more than 315 HP because they didn't just slap Vigor on and thought it was a good idea), they'll eventually win the war of attrition unless you have Arcane Grace or Arcane Repair (100% suggest running one of these, it's mandatory on Hildryn). The cleanse is great, but you're going to be spamming this often if you want to avoid all proc damage. Toxin Damage (not the proc it often gets confused with) will kill any frame unless they are built specifically against it. I wish I could think of a good mechanic to reduce the amount of casts needed for Shield Pillage since you're spamming it way too often in higher level missions. But, just increasing it's effective against Grineer and Infested would be great. I would trade away some effectiveness against Corpus to achieve that. 

- Haven is (like most of Hildryn's kit) either really great or really not. The low base range means allies have to hug Hildryn and the effectiveness varies wildly depending on your team. The damage is only useful against Lith Fissue level missions. I think this ability gets undersold a little bit, but I'd still be hesitant to call it a great ability. Allowing it to affect defense objectives that aren't alive such as excavators would be nice! And! Give it a reason to use when playing solo other than protecting your companion (which really just ends up highlighting how ineffective this ability can be in practice). Any other support frame makes using this ability more of a downside than something useful. I find there are a lot of times when toggling this ability on would only hurt the Hildryn. 

- Aegis Storm is a lot of fun! Thanks for the dodge! But! Why doesn't Balefire appear during this without the need to toggle it on? Even if you purely want to CC with Aegis Storm, there is no reason not to have Balefires equipped. All it does is add a tiny little hurdle to start having fun in Aegis Storm. Tiny hurdle can get grating after having to jump over them so often. It can also be a little difficult to see while in Aegis Storm (even more so with a bright Energy color), so I think the FOV could use another take or it's own slide bar in the options. 

• A bit of a stretch, but being able to use a heavy weapon while in Aegis Storm would be great. I disagree with the ability to use primaries and secondaries during Aegis Storm since this would make Balefire completely useless. But! Since heavy weapons have a cooldown, then maybe they wouldn't completely replace Balefire. Her signature weapon is a heavy weapon, so even more fitting! Put all that muscle to use!

I do really like Hildryn and will continue to play her regardless. But, she could be so much better with a couple of tweaks and shifts! 

Edited by SkyCakeLight