Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

23 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

UPCOMING CHANGES OF NOTE:

Hildryn's Main Blueprint is being moved from Vox Solaris' Offering Rank of Shadow (Rank 5) to Agent (Rank 2).

This is coming in a near Hotfx - thank you for your feedback!

This is beautiful, thank you!

Probably a long shot, but I'd love to see Gyromag Systems (and those other parts) moved down a tier, too. Still haven't managed to get the Gyromag I need to rank up to the point I can just buy them with standing. Either that or something to improve the drop rate for those. I know it's just bad RNG for me but it's been going on long enough that it's actually be frustrating given there isn't really another path to getting those parts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, imtooniceforthis said:

"Note on Hildryn from Update thread: An incredible new boss fight will unlock in the Operation: Buried Debts where you can earn Hildryn! We are expecting this to take approximately a week with the estimated pacing of this Operation. Free players - we appreciate your patience, rest assured Hildryn is a completely free Warframe for you to earn as the Operation unfolds!" 

Sounds nice, right? But what caught my eye was the bold part.

Yeah, free players. I know this means the people who can't, won't or refuse to pay real money to play. I know what it means but god damn why does it feel like a... low blow?
This game is free. It handles microtransactions so well, but this feels like the people that don't hand out money are somehow lower class?

I know I'm reading too much into this. I know I might be over-reacting, but still. What.... the hell?

so am not the only one notice this ... when i saw the patch notes i starred to that point for like a minute and i knew that the new frame will be a hell to grind and soon after my launcher finished update and logged in i went straight to fortuna and saw it 

31 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

UPCOMING CHANGES OF NOTE:

Hildryn's Main Blueprint is being moved from Vox Solaris' Offering Rank of Shadow (Rank 5) to Agent (Rank 2).

This is coming in a near Hotfx - thank you for your feedback!

Wow, didnt expect that to happen, especially so quick, thank you!

I think you promised that the Hildryn would redirect toxin and slash damage to the the shields? She has too little health and sometimes just do not have time to use 2 to remove the status. Please, make her this redirect.

I'm just excited about everything else.

Edited by zhellon
  • Like 2

Vox Solaris Standing? No. Thank. You.

The Farming for toroids is borderline psychological abuse.(joke)

I really like her design though. it reminds me of the early warframes (excal,nyx,rhino,etc)

Shame i won't ever use her, unless maybe i get a lucky riven that sells for 400p.

Edited by Darkfreed0m
  • Like 2

Balefire 

Doesn't feel like an ability at all. Summoning these lackluster weapons make it an easy skip, they just don't feel strong enough to warrant using the ability if there isn't some kind of bonus, specially when they drain your precious resource.  

Aegis Storm 

Controls feel wonky, also lacks power or any reason to use it when the main use is to CC enemies while you become less powerful. Mainly due to Balefire being the only way for you to continue attacking, which is lackluster in itself. Plus it seems like there isn't even a bonus for the 2nd Balefire?  

Overall these 2 abilities are the most puzzling ones, they just don't feel worthwhile. The other 2 feel like they have a use, and are simply in need of tunning.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, zhellon said:

I think you promised that the Hildryn would redirect toxin and slash damage to the the shields? She has too little health and sometimes just do not have time to use 2 to remove the status. Please, make her this redirect.

I'm just excited about everything else.

When she has overshields the status procs don't affect her health.  When she has normal shields the status procs bypass her shields.

il y a 11 minutes, (XB1)Knight Raime a dit :

When she has overshields the status procs don't affect her health.  When she has normal shields the status procs bypass her shields.

hmm. That's interesting. But i never have overshields in normal fight. Its litle wrong. Or i play pusshy in overshield, or i play normal and die from Nox. We heve so many way to die. And magnet status least of our problems. 

Edited by zhellon

2 hours ago, imtooniceforthis said:

I just gotta say this:

"Note on Hildryn from Update thread: An incredible new boss fight will unlock in the Operation: Buried Debts where you can earn Hildryn! We are expecting this to take approximately a week with the estimated pacing of this Operation. Free players - we appreciate your patience, rest assured Hildryn is a completely free Warframe for you to earn as the Operation unfolds!" 

Yeah, free players. I know this means the people who can't, won't or refuse to pay real money to play. I know what it means but god damn why does it feel like a... low blow?
This game is free. It handles microtransactions so well, but this feels like the people that don't hand out money are somehow lower class?

I know I'm reading too much into this. I know I might be over-reacting, but still. What.... the hell?

That was the way it read to me as well yes.

• Like 1

I think my biggest gripe with here is how small her AOE powers are in general. She needs to be up close and personal with a lot of enemies, who honestly do not give two S#&$s about ~4,000 shields, especially when said shields are draining due to being an energy source. This, in combination with Grineer/Corpus/Corrupted AI constantly being dispersed makes it difficult to find a reason to use it, if at all. Her passive is nice. I still haven't found a use for Shield Pillage, even in Corpus missions. Then again, when I play corpus missions, there is usually a Mag too, which sorta nullifies the point of even ever using shield pillage. Same deal with Trinity's four. Balefire is incredibly lack-luster, though I do like shooting it off as a fire-work, and the fact that it will slow you down in a game all about quick and precise movements definitely has turned me off from it. I think her 3 and her 4 are the only two abilities I reliably use.

• Like 1

hace 8 horas, KesslerCOIL dijo:

Adding my voice to the many.  
Please stop putting warframe parts in Vox Solaris offerings, most players(as im sure you could find) do not care for the Profit Taker and Toroid grinds.  
I ended up skipping Baruuk altogether because his stuff is all in Vox Solaris, now with Hildryn in the max rank? hell no im not doing that.

So because people its lazy or dont like "x" content DE need to stop using it ? sure ... sounds legit . If you dont like it play any content you like , make plat and buy her .

2 hours ago, imtooniceforthis said:

I just gotta say this:

Poorly written, definitely. When I read it, the second and third sentences are sort of hand-in-hand, so the third sentence is more of a "reassurance" to players who play the game for free that you can unlock her, but expect it to take a week. Which, a week of playing this game is a great way to burn yourself out and not play for months on end afterwards. 

Separate from that, Hildryn's Balefire Gun feels weak (Raw damage, hardly any status chance, slows player down when charging?), her AOEs feel too small (Shield pillage in particular, is very small at base), and her Fourth feels... Decent? Sort of a minority opinion with that last one, but it could stand to be faster. While she is nice against Corpus, I find that her kit of supplying shields and taking shields to be a weaker version of what Mag can offer, which begs the question of "why would I farm this Frame when I can use Mag and be more effective, not just against Corpus, but also Grineer". It doesn't make sense to me why this warframe feels more like a down-grade when compared to Mag. She also feels... Powerless and inert. It's tough to describe, but during my time leveling her, I found I only ever reliably used my 3rd ability, and that was it. Her slow movement, and lack of a good/decent kit against the different factions really leaves a lot to be desired.

• Her ability to supply others with shield, Mag can fulfill.
  • Her ability to steal shields? Mag can do that better.
  • Her ineffective abilities against anything other than Corpus? Mag is just as effective against Corpus/Grineer/Corrupted. (Remember: Mag can Strip Armour and Shields.)

Hildryn needs to be beefed (I know right?) up a little bit more, with a few minor tweaks. Outside of being a Shield-frame (which is essentially all she is right now), she needs something that can give her either a decent amount of damage or offer a good amount of CC, outside of having 2 abilities constantly active. She also needs to be competitive against all enemy types. Maybe not the best against infested, or even any of them. But right now she is a Jack of Nothing, Master of Nothing.

• Like 2

Her passive is either useless or bugged because i repeatedly die thanks to slash procs and toxin procs.

Balefire uses electicity why is the description saying bolts of fire? Also would be good to check costs because supposedly my build would drain 80 shields when charging not 300.

My biggest dislikes about Hildryn so far include:

- That slow movement after shooting Balefire in walking mode (it feels kinda clunky. Please let us be able to move around when using it like when we move and shoot with normal guns)

- Aegis Storm sorta just lets you hover around with some dmg but you can't use weapons unless you use Balefire, so without Balefire, you're kinda just floating there.. (I kind of want to be able to use my normal weapons..)

- Flying in Aegis Storm is very slow, and even when just hovering, she nearly blocks 1/3 of my screen (its kind of hard to aim at times). If it could be changed to take up about as much space as Archwing does in open world maps, that'd be greatly appreciated.

Yea..

• Like 1

Hildryn need a bit of tunning. but first and foremost:

WHO thought it would be a good idea to put 2 toggled abilities with ridiculous drain rates on a frame that uses shields as energy pool (AKA the first thing you lose when you're being shoot at)????

Her biggest problem right now  is the fact she need stats across the board (Mag has the exactly same problem) and the moment she gets more than 3 mobs in her  powers (be it either her 3rd or 4th ability) she done for. You will quickly lose all shields thanks to drain and being shot by mobs outside of your skill range.

List of  things to fix:

1. Balefire could use a bit of splash dmg , that travel time makes it a bit hard to aim properly.

2. Shield Pilage should be usable while using Aegis storm ( but then only restoring half the ammount of shield it does normally) that would save us from constantly turning off aegis storm  to replenish energy.

3.Haven - at least halve those drains!  constantly draining our first line of defense to deal little dmg is not a good trade off (tested on Pluto on lvl 30-40). Base range could also get a bit buffed.

4. Aegis storm - same problem as Haven - drain is too big considering the range and dmg of this skill. Also where's double bellfire during aegis storm? you actually need to turn it on yourself , increasing shield drain even further.

Even with both haven and aegis storm on, you need several seconds to kill normal lvl 40 something mobs (corpus dies a bit faster but grinneers are not impressed by it. get rid of "drain per enemy" becuase its not an ability you wanna have on while getting swarmed (in its present form). Not to mention, if you wanna do sorties with her you're better of just using Shield pillage. Or better yet, different frame.

Edited by Trickster_God_Loki
  • Like 1

I've been playing around with Hildryn a bit, and while I think she has some cool stuff going on, ultimately I would say she feels restrictive. There's potential there but I feel like maybe the devs were afraid to let her breath too much, which I understand. My main concerns are:

1. Her ultimate has too many restrictions. It drains shields over time, has low mobility, is restricted to Balefire for offense, and can't use Shield Pillage. What this means is that her ultimate makes her slow, vulnerable, and weak. There's a couple of directions to go with this, I feel like. Either A) Make her Shield Pillage available during her Ult so that she can maintain the massive drain from both Balefire and Aegis Storm, or B) Allow her to use her dash and her regular weapons during Aegis Storm so that she has offensive tools aside from Balefire.

2. Balefire itself is a relatively weak exalted weapon, combined with the fact that it slows her down. It's very expensive to use repeatedly, and the output isn't significant enough to encourage use over regular firearms.

3. Her health pool is extremely low, but unless she has Overshields up, procs can get through and down her easily. She's virtually useless against Infested because she does not pillage shields, and toxin procs are a nightmare. I'd like to see her just have proc resistance while shields are up.

4. I think it would be interesting to have more mods that feature Energy converted into Shields. i.e. Slotting a Flow applies as an additional Redirection.

A major issue overall is that she just needs to be stronger. The thing is, because of how her abilities and shields work, she's essentially losing energy when being attacked and simultaneously losing defense when casting. To compensate for that, she needs less restrictive ability design. Balefire being weak and expensive, Aegis Storm being slow and restricting Shield Pillage, and Shields overall just being weak don't allow her to shine, which is unfortunate because I think she's got a fantastic visual and kit design.

I really want to like Hildryn, but at the moment she's a little too weak. I think her Shield Pillage and Haven are fine, and I think overall her ability kit is fine. She just needs numbers tweaked, and some more open-ended ability synergy.

• Like 2

I have no issues with what Hildryn does and stands for... But there has always been something that bothered me about her appearance. Something didn't add up, and i only just now realized what it was.

Shes a body builder, but her design doesn't properly represent a female body builder's appearance. Nor attempt to pay respect to that. Shes supposed to be a big girl and that's fine, but it seems that was taken a bit too far in her torso.

What i mean:
unknown.png
Side Profile ^
See how her stomach sticks out like a pot belly, and her breasts hang like grineer armor plates, almost as if shes exposed?

Lets compare her to a female body builder's frame:
unknown.png
See how her stomach is slim and defined?

So what does she look more like? A strong, independent, respected female body builder? Or a Gorilla imitating man?
unknown.png

Even rhino looks athletic and has the slim waste to show it:
unknown.png

Can you guys please give her the respect shes due for being fit? Or is she supposed to have a pot/beer belly?

Not even Zarya was given this amount of disgrace.

• Like 2

I've been playing a bit of Hildryn and I have a few things I've noticed:

• Hildryn's third ability (Haven) makes a really loud, annoying buzzing noise while it's activated. The ability itself is fine but that SFX could do with being reduced.
  • Hildryn could use more clear documentation on how mods/abilities that revolve around spending energy interact with her shield mechanic. (i.e. Zenurik and mods like the Augur series or Quick Thinking.)
  • There's some oddness with switching between your equipped secondary and Hildryn's exalted secondary. Using the gun switch key after using the ability switches between either my melee or my primary (which is as expected) and the Balefire. To be able to use my regular equipped secondary again, I have to enter Balefire mode and reuse the ability.
  • Her ultimate feels very underwhelming. You fly around very slowly and are weaponless except for your exalted launchers, which don't seem to come out automatically and don't feel powerful, flashy, or useful enough to warrant them being your only offense here. Using the two of them doesn't feel all that different from using them normally, either.
  • The Balefire Launcher(s) have a very long charge-up time, are expensive to use (in terms of shields), slow you down while charging, and feel like they only have limited interaction with the rest of Hildryn's kit. Their relatively small AOE also makes them difficult to use with the projectiles' travel time. They don't feel better to use than, say, the Staticor - which fulfill a similar role but don't have the associated problems of the Balefire.
Edited by CuppyDogCity
added a bit more detail to the last point
  • Like 1

I have no idea they actually told free players to wait off for people with money to buy off? Did you forget the time it takes to make one of your warframes in your game or has the ego gone to your heads? Its 4 days worth of wait to make a single warframe, so not only are you making the free players wait longer to get the frame, but you aren't even showing the timesink involved for participation. You are making free players wait longer deliberately so people can buy the frame early even before the events conclusion yea?

Edited by Stalc

What is the point of obtaining the Blueprint if you cant even obtain the other parts 

This event clearly was not planned very well.... Locking a warframe behind platinum because you cannot kill the boss that drops the parts is just badly organised.

• Like 2

So... Hildryn. I've spent my entire playtime with her since she launched (did Sorties, general content, Kuva 1 hour survival) and I have to say that she is good but she has some minor and major annoyances and inconsistencies.

I've re-edited this post to make it more clear and concise.

Balefire:

Pros:

• Overall good/great ability, really nice to use.
    • It's got great damage (I am hitting upwards of 50k on my current build) and it has a great AoE explosion on impact (which is affected by range mods).
    • Pin-point accuracy (Magnum Force is a really good mod to use in this case.

Cons:

• Movement restriction (these two words are a recurring trend for this Warframe) when charging is a big no from me, it's annoying and serves no real purpose when similar weapons like the Staticor have the same mechanic yet they don't restrict movement. Please remove this, it just doesn't feel right in Warframe.

Shield Pillage:

Pros:

• This is her bread and butter, the ability you're probably going to use the most because it fuels all your abilities. Overall it's a great ability.
    • It reduces enemy defences (shields and armour) and makes them slightly easier to kill which is nice.
    • This ability removes all status effects from Hildryn and her allies, also a very useful feature because it helps you stop slash or toxin procs from chewing your health.

Cons:

• This ability is pretty useless against Infested who have no shields or armour (most of the time), so you can't regain shields. Pretty major flaw that I hope gets fixed (just take some of their health away instead of defences).
  • Requires Line of Sight to the target(s) you're pillaging which can be a slight pain in areas with lots of geometry around.

Haven:

Pros:

• Overall it's an OK defensive tool for her allies.
    • It provides a shield bonus and gives them your shield gating passive (I'm pretty sure it does but I haven't noticed it trigger on someone just yet; maybe I haven't been paying too much attention).

Cons:

• I just don't think it's that worth it most of the time so I didn't build for this ability.
    • It does negligible damage (worthless basically, unless you're facing level 10 enemies).
    • It links to: teammates; allies; allies of teammates; enemies; damn near everything on the map to be honest. This makes your shield drain skyrocket and what you gain from actually using this ability isn't worth the massive shield drain it costs. It kinda suffers from the same issue Oberon's renewal suffers from -- I basically never use / rarely use this ability.
    • The shield boost isn't even that big, just give them a copy of my insane shield pool instead if you want it to actually be worth using. Otherwise, every other support Warframe ability is better than this one.

Aegis Storm:

Pros:

• Oh boy... I've got a lot of mixed feelings about this one. Let me just say that this is an OK ability at best in its current state.
    • The CC potential of it is nice, it's basically Vauban's Bastille with damage over time (albeit negligible damage) and because it's basically Bastille, that makes it pretty good for denying access to an area or defending objectives.
    • You can shoot your Balefire in this mode.
    • You can hover around and look cool like Ironman, but it pretty much offers nothing besides worthless damage and decent CC capabilities.

Cons:

• Pretty much just problems with the pros that I've listed above + more:
    • CC potential reduces the further up you go, meaning that although you can hover up, it is actually detrimental and counter intuitive to do so if you want to get the most range for your CC (ability damage increases the higher up you go too, but 0 multiplied by 0 is still 0 so who cares about that). Its area of effect works like a sphere, but I just think it should be a circle to avoid these unnecessary complications.
    • You can ONLY shoot your Balefire in this mode, and you can't even shoot it faster or shoot twice at the same time (even though visually she equips two Balefire launchers). You get no advantage when using Balefire in this ability and I really think you should. Also, let us use our own guns in this ability because if I want to evaporate some dude with my Opticor, I would like to be able to do that instead of exiting the ability, killing him and then entering it again.
    • The hover speed is slow, clunky, and the game will literally push you down if you float more than about 10 meters off the ground (which is absurd). It feels very restrictive and limiting to play when you have Warframes like Zephyr that can literally fly with a press of a button, and I can't even hover 10 meters above ground or move from point A to point B without being bored to death (takes ages to move around in this mode). Biggest criticism I have of this ability, it simply needs to change in my opinion.
    • You can't cast Shield Pillage in this mode (I can understand why, it's so you can't hover forever and CC enemies forever). However, again, it feels super counter intuitive having to exit the ability to regen shields then go back into it (especially when animations are kind of long). It just doesn't flow very well...

Overall, fun frame, but needs tweaks (quite a lot of them) to really get there. Hopefully she gets improvements soon, she's very fun to play and I think she can be a top-tier frame.

Edited by --Q--TeneKay
revamped ideas.
  • Like 2