Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) OPERATION: Buried Debts Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Just got to Old Mate on PS4 and I'm not sure if this has been said already, but Eudico's geology lesson (Edit: about Thermia Fractures) overrides the normal "you just got to Old Mate" speech from her.

Edited by Akarryn
Clarification about the geology lesson

At the moment, I'm totally lost as to what is actually happening with this event on Xbox.

I've sealed enough fractures to get the Opticor Vandal, but I was waiting for an update or some kind of in game news message about the boss, until I checked the forums see it was (apparently) already active. Having no idea what to do, and no in game prompts, I checked the wiki and got to work scanning datamasses, but there was no additionaly dialogue like the wiki says to indicate what it was all about.

After scanning them all, I still didn't get any kind of directions or dialogue. Wiki to the rescue again to find the cave, but the code thing just shows up blurry. Isn't this supposed to be community driven? How do we know how well we're doing? Regardless, the door opened for me and I went inside, finally getting some dialogue, although it didn't make much sense without the lead in. But then I was in Deck 12 with a big "0 players waiting for you" message, and still no idea what to do...

My feedback;

Well, the timed event was only available to me for 3 days, and since I am not maxed out with the syndicate you need to be able to access the exploiter battle anyway, my feedback is simply: Gee, wish I could have played it.

2 hours ago, Argenex said:

My feedback;

Well, the timed event was only available to me for 3 days, and since I am not maxed out with the syndicate you need to be able to access the exploiter battle anyway, my feedback is simply: Gee, wish I could have played it.

You don't actually need to be maxed out with Solaris United for the Exploiter Orb, just Profit Taker. Exploiter only requires Diluted Thermia to fight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Akarryn said:

You don't actually need to be maxed out with Solaris United for the Exploiter Orb, just Profit Taker. Exploiter only requires Diluted Thermia to fight.

Oh? Dang. I spent all weekend maxing out Solaris. Oh well. Thanks for enlightening me on that.I now remember why I quit playing, it was the grind to grind behind the grind to get access to the grind.

Edit:

OH! I remember why I needed Max Solaris; people wanted you to have an archwing gun for exploiter fight, and to get that, you need the random drop thingies (gyromag, atmos, etc) for the part that you add to the gun, which is locked behind the max rep gate of doom, for Solaris United.

THAT is why I was grinding faction, instead of doing anything else.

Edited by Argenex

10 hours ago, (XB1)Karachi King said:

At the moment, I'm totally lost as to what is actually happening with this event on Xbox.

I've sealed enough fractures to get the Opticor Vandal, but I was waiting for an update or some kind of in game news message about the boss, until I checked the forums see it was (apparently) already active. Having no idea what to do, and no in game prompts, I checked the wiki and got to work scanning datamasses, but there was no additionaly dialogue like the wiki says to indicate what it was all about.

After scanning them all, I still didn't get any kind of directions or dialogue. Wiki to the rescue again to find the cave, but the code thing just shows up blurry. Isn't this supposed to be community driven? How do we know how well we're doing? Regardless, the door opened for me and I went inside, finally getting some dialogue, although it didn't make much sense without the lead in. But then I was in Deck 12 with a big "0 players waiting for you" message, and still no idea what to do...

Heh, I still don't know where the cave or Deck 12 is - I jumped in when the event launched, got the Vandal, but never chased it further than that because of the scanning part and the fact that Exploiter only seems to be a Hildryn gate. I agree with your larger point - there was effectively zero information about what to do, where to do it, or what we were even looking for.

I focused on bringing up my Solaris United standing by mining instead (I'd been on a Warframe break since Destiny: Forsaken came out, and came back when that ran out of steam). 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

6 hours ago, Argenex said:

Oh? Dang. I spent all weekend maxing out Solaris. Oh well. Thanks for enlightening me on that.I now remember why I quit playing, it was the grind to grind behind the grind to get access to the grind.

Edit:

OH! I remember why I needed Max Solaris; people wanted you to have an archwing gun for exploiter fight, and to get that, you need the random drop thingies (gyromag, atmos, etc) for the part that you add to the gun, which is locked behind the max rep gate of doom, for Solaris United.

THAT is why I was grinding faction, instead of doing anything else.

Yeah. You gotta get max rep, so you can do the heist, so you can get the gun things, which drop...randomly I think? I'm sitting at Max Rep, but I don't have enough debt bonds to get the next rank yet. And then there's another faction, the new quills thing (Vox Solaris?). 

A point that I find extremely annoying. Before the update I could stand my ground with a melee weapon and beat the living daylights out of anything that approached. Now if I pound the melee button (Circle) various combo's apply and I find myself flying across the screen to somewhere I do not want to be, usually off a cliff or down a ravine or even worse 20 feet away from my assailant. Is there any way to turn OFF combo's so that they are NOT automatically applied?

Probably way late in responding to this - who knows if DE is still even reading it, but here is my take:

1) Nothing should be buried behind Old Mate.  I have old mate so no big deal for me, but a huge deal breaker for many clan mates who don't have the time to grind through old mate but would like to experience some of the content.

2) Atmo/repeller etc horrific grind - this actually got me to stop playing for 3 months - i did three hours of bounty 2 for atmo systems at an average time of 2 minutes 30 seconds per run, and didn't get a single one.  Then rage quit the game for 3 months given how many are needed.  finally came back about a week ago and am still sick of listening to little duck say how she could give two tenths of a crap about it - as i am quickly beginning to feel the same way.

3) The sealing of the vents takes WAY to long - talk about boring for something that needed to be done so many times.  each vent time should be cut in half.  And why do they seal them instantly during the boss fight but take 4 minutes when she's not around???

4) the instructions for what to do in hanger 12 are terrible, as is any indication of what you are supposed to do.  Without watching a youboob video, the average player will never figure it out.

5) the hit boxes when throwing the thermia (XB) seem RNG based - direct hits often do nothing.  Additionally there seems to be little correlation to shooting vs. not shooting the canisters and the damage they do.  For both the interior fight and exterior fight they should be like sticky grenades - you throw them, they stick to her THEN you have 3 or 4 seconds to shoot them WHILE THEY ARE STUCK so at least you know you are doing the right thing.

6) there appears to be very little correlation to throwing the canisters at her and her heat level on stage 2.  Basically it results in a  fight that just feels timed and not based upon your performance.  You can hit her with 10 canisters and not see any heat progress - not exactly rewarding.  Or you can just stand there and do nothing and her heat level rises. or falls. 

7) she can get stuck on the cliffs by the road and spiders will spawn right under her cooling her (theoretically - there seems to be a little more correlation to them cooling her than us heating her but even then its random).

8 what is with Eudico saying "Right we are all here" then "little duck is waiting for you in the field" are we ALL here or not? Not to mention you can clearly see her leaning against the lockers.  "Little duck WILL MEET you in the field" would be more accurate.

9) there are frequently "fake" fissures during the boss fight that you can't drop canisters into.

10) the doors are glitchy when in a squad - we have to move around and stand in exactly the right spot to get them to open - too close and "waiting for other players" to far - same thing.  by increments of 1m.

I did like that the Exploiter is not a bullet sponge boss for once. that at least was refreshing.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 2

On 2019-03-29 at 4:00 AM, Argenex said:

people wanted you to have an archwing gun for exploiter fight

you meant the profit taker?

You don't need archguns for the exploiter orb fight.

On Xbox we were recommended to avoid the Exploiter Orb boss area or told it was not added to console edition. If it was confirmed, then there would be more feedback sooner to confirm if the boss was patched up or still had bugs. Also, on PC edition some people have completed fissures faster by a 2 minutes difference compared to the 5 minutes per on console.

I was going to play yesterday but I decided to be nice and let someone else use the living room TV but it appears I've been punished for my kindness.

I'm a rather peeved I that I missed out on Opticor Vandal because there was no clear indication of when the event would end, no end date was ever given on the update page for Operation: Buried Debts. I was just at 83/100 and just needed 3 more canisters to get it so as you can imagine I'm pretty peeved. Now I'm going to have to wait for Opticor Vandal to be added to Baro's invenrory or wherever they decide to put it

DE next time please put the damn end date for the event on the update notes, that way people actually know how much time left they have to farm for it. It isn't hard to do that given that you, as the developers, are the first to know when the event will begin and end.

Also there definitely needed to be more in game explanation of the event and its mechanics. When you talk to Eudico she tells you about the fractures & that you need to close them but she doesn't tell you how (Where to find the coolant).

I just wanna say, and I hope it gets through to DE, independently from possible melee rework issues, from a creative direction I love what you did with Buried Depts.

When I read about the space radio thing I already thought it was a cool idea, and you executed it really well, Nora Nightwave and all.

I'm rather new to the game still and the fact that the creative direction is so on point is the icing on the cake for me on this great game.

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback in regard to Thermia Fractures.

IMO the worst content in the game, beta test this stuff properly and listen to feedback, 

Changes needed 

1. 4x the amount of thermia fractures, flying around finding these things sucks. 

2. Double the speed at which there filled. 

3. I dont really mind the enemy damage but at minimum 50% less dmg to the canisters particularly for solo play. 

Even after this would still be very grindy.

I usually play as frost and this may be just me, but the enemy spawns for the Theramia Fractures are a bit... off, for a brief moment, they'll spawn right on top of the coolant cell after you placed it in the fracture, It's kind of hard to catch but it's there, sometimes even shooting at the fracture when they spawn in and destroying it almost instantly, it really is kind of annoying, imagine a defense mission where every enemy just spawned on the objective, that's basically what's happening here.

• Like 1

As far as Thermia Fractures are concerned:

I wanted to thank you for carrying over progress from event appearance to appearance, since I was only able to hit 5 during its initial appearance, and stopped when I figured I wouldn't hit 100 anyway, so why bother?  Now, I might try to make a little progress, solo, each time it appears.

I'd appreciate, as others have said, for the defense time to be reduced, and for the canisters to be a little more sturdy. Even going as Frost, with a strong build and quite powerful weapons, even a kitgun with a riven, I've had trouble - mainly due to the Jackal and Spider mini-bosses appearing, despite the alert level not being high enough to spawn them sometimes. Trying to use my snow globe for survival in those missions also requires me to try to see through the fracture's gushing... making it all the harder to actually defend the thing sitting in the graphic mess (leaving the globe usually means a quick death from (what seems like) hundreds of shots from all around me.)

Fortuna/Orb Vallis / Frames comments due to the defense event:

In addition, while I don't play Limbo often, the bugs with enemies hitting him in the Orb Vallis areas regardless of rift status is troubling with all the other instances of ability-ignoring status-ignoring CC-ignoring enemies and bosses nullifying things that some warframes rely on. Doesn't seen quite right.

Using Gara for a change, to try her out, it occurred to me that it might be desirable for the wall to increase in height and depth the further it expands out from Gara, rather than being based on her height when she uses the ability - due to the odd wall formations resulting from the drastic terrain falloffs in open-world areas that do not present a problem in enclosed missions. While I don't have the best mods for her yet, the gaps in the walls and wide open ceiling made them quite ineffectual against the terrain issues.

Hello, I want to start by thanking all the work and effort that they put into the maintenance of the game and in its constant updating.
I want to make a suggestion regarding the updates: Have you thought about separating them into "optional updates" and "critical updates"?
I'll explain a little, like other programs that are updated frequently (say the antivirus), everyone I know gives the option to download some updates or leave them for another time, without even preventing the use of the software.
In my case, my computer is not "last generation" and there are texture and lighting options that I can not use, so I do not activate them, but they still lower in several GB regardless of that detail. On the other hand, where I am living the Internet service has a speed that tortures slowly, so every update of several GB can desperate me.
I appreciate the attention and, if possible, consider this suggestion.

En 6/5/2019 a las 11:51, pedrobrito2004 dijo:

Hello, I want to start by thanking all the work and effort that they put into the maintenance of the game and in its constant updating.
I want to make a suggestion regarding the updates: Have you thought about separating them into "optional updates" and "critical updates"?
I'll explain a little, like other programs that are updated frequently (say the antivirus), everyone I know gives the option to download some updates or leave them for another time, without even preventing the use of the software.
In my case, my computer is not "last generation" and there are texture and lighting options that I can not use, so I do not activate them, but they still lower in several GB regardless of that detail. On the other hand, where I am living the Internet service has a speed that tortures slowly, so every update of several GB can desperate me.
I appreciate the attention and, if possible, consider this suggestion.

it would be ideal