Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Danielle

(Update 24.4.0) OPERATION: Buried Debts Feedback Megathread

Got to say, the new boss fight is great! Great mechanics, great progress and implementation. Only thing one might complain about is the time, it takes pretty long. Mostly because there are lots of waiting times for new fractures to show up. That could be streamlined a little bit. Any maybe hud markers for dropped canisters.

Especially good about the exploiter orb fight imho:

• No artifical invulnerability phases! That's great!
  • No infinite bullet sponge! Nice!
  • Available and doable for med-rank and high-rank players! Perfect!
  • No high-end gear and/or syndicate standing required! Awesome!
  • Implementing some new mechanics and tactics that can basically be done with any warframe! Very cool!
  • Proper rewards and drops! What more can we ask for?

So thanks again, this is a fresh and nice update after the pretty disappointing nightwave thing.

Orb fight: Why after the cutscene we have our back facing the Orb and not directly facing the Orb? Why that extra step to turn around and find the Orb?

The Exploiter Orb fight is fun, not tedious and rewarding. It's simple, but requires you to pay attention. No damage sponge, damage gating. The thermia mechanics are great and the rewards... Resources are always welcome.

My opinion of the Exploiter fight is its really good. Deffinitely the best boss so far in the game. (Not counting Tyl Regor's amazing personality.) The fight itself has very good and fun mechanics, and I really like the Exploiter's voice and personality.

And here comes my opinion, what should be changed.

• Make the vents markable/waypointable (which one makes sense.) So we can mark which one should we focus.
  • Change the Coolant Raknoid spawn rate depending on how many players are in the lobby.
  • Change the cooling amount of the Coolant Raknoids. (It just doesnt feels fair having almost reaching overheat then it jumps back to almost 0, cuz some spider with a fish tank shoots it.)
  • Make the Coolant Raknoids more visible. Or atleast their coolant shooting "attack".
  • The placing of canisters after interacting with a fracture. (Why behind the warframe?)
  • I would really like if the Coolant Raknoids would have their own kind of toroid. It doesnt need a high value, just make it worth like 100 standing if you exchange it. And it should drop only while you fight the Exploiter with like 10-20% dropchance.
  • Fix the Ui not showing the progress of the 1. stage of the 2. phase. (After going out of Deck12)
  • (I would really like to see a bazooka or rocket lancher that shoots those thermia canisters. I think it should be sold by Zuud as a gear item.)

That is all my ideas. Hope someone from the devs will see it, and consider changing any of those.

Made an own topic with more ideas: 

IMO the Exploiter deals way too much damage for lv50. If my Mesa can survive a lv50 mission with no issues, I should not be able to be oneshot through Shatter Shield by the Exploiter.

I got all the data hashes in one goand was told by Eudico to go to the cave. Sure, I thought, it won't start the fight right now anyway, right? Went down there and found myself locked in Deck 12. Only thing to do was start the fight, but I thought this was fine, since I'd heard the fight was easy. Down comes the Exploiter and instakills me through Shatter Shield and quick thinking+primed flow. Managed to destroy the first vent and two thirds of the HP of the second one before running out of revives.This setup makes sorties easy, and those are a higher level than the Exploiter, so either this fight should be easier, or the exploiter should have a higher level tag. 

End of proposition.
Start of rant.

I haven't tried the profit taker fight yet, since fortuna standing grind is out of my way and generally not something I enjoy, but at this point I kinda don't even want to do that. If that's more difficult than the exploiter, the prep work and forma required seems like too much. I don't want to have to put forma on frames I don't enjoy just because I need to use them to experience this content. It's the same with the Eidolons. I don't do them since I don't want to grind for those specific frames. 

The direction Warframe has been taking recently is scaring me away from the game. I only play on weekends now because to make any decent progress it feels like you need hours of playtime each session, which I just don't have. That in combination with the time limits of this event and Nightwave is honestly taking the fun out of the game for me. 

1. Why don't we have some ui response to a thermia canister exploding on the orb's face in phase 2, like the heat meter on the left lighting up for a moment? That would be a good indication of a fact that thermia canisters actually do anything. At the moment they just kind of work, but you're not really feeling it, if you know what I mean. More feedback would be better.

2. Why aren't thermia canisters falling out of dispenser in phase 1 marked? They are crucial to completing the phase and most definitely should be marked.

Okay, so here's my point of view as somebody who hasn't been following out-of-the-game stuff all that closely. 

I've been doing the thermia fractures, there was a thing in my alert window about scanning data hashes, about three of which I ran into (aka helios scanned them randomly) on my own. now suddenly everything is at 100%, and somehow everybody but me seems to know exactly where to go for the Exploiter Orb fight, while I have no idea because there's literally nothing in the game actually pointing me to where the "gateway console" is. 

You shouldn't have to go outside of the game to figure out how to get to a major boss fight. Even if you want to make it a mystery, there still have to be clues somewhere. Where is the gateway console? WHAT is the gateway console? Do I still need to go scan data hashes since everything is at 100%? Are they randomly spread around or is there something in game that I can figure out to know where the hashes are? 

I don't mind having to figure things out, but there should actually be something to figure out. A hint, a clue, something!

This is extremely frustrating.

Well, from the perspective on someone who was first is a successful, smooth fight to a rough failure.

First fight was "fun". First part was utterly confusing, after I finally located the thermia canisters, I missed about 3 before my teammates got the job done. Outside was fun and pretty straightforward - still unsure as to whether they're supposed to be shot before hitting the orb, however. Got it done, we all died in the explosion and revived.

Second fight was... Actually two failures. First time, group of four had a couple people leave mid-fight, and it pretty much just went horribly. Second failure was myself and 1 extra from the previous squad, but was clearly the better equipped for the fight. I reckon we threw about 60 of those damned canisters, almost every time the orb either moved as they were being thrown, or screen shake caused it to fly off in a different direction. Also I'm not sure if you're supposed to need two clicks to hurl it, unless this was just the blocking animation interfering with it.

Anyway, we finally got that part done and I was looking forward to the fight outside. Not sure what happened here, I went outside expecting to face the orb in the same location, and squadmate thought it was headed towards Fortuna, so jumped straight into his archwing and took off in that direction. No orb had spawned, so I flew up a little bit to search from a higher vantage point - nothing to be seen. Dropships flew around me and dropped some corpus, but nothing else. Squadmate left the fight, I searched a bit more and kissed my 40+ minutes and diluted thermia goodbye.

I don't know if it was squadmate taking off straight away or what, but no orb spawning outside after that grueling effort inside left a bitter taste in my mouth. Ah - should mention this was also after going through a good deal of pub Orb Vallis before finding anyone who wanted to do Orb!

The hardest thing about this fight is trying not get bugs that makes even starting the fight impossible. My most common bug is joining a pug then immediately getting auto-host transferred with no one in the group. I haven't been able to fight it in a group, and fighting that boss solo is so bad. I wish DE would make boss fight more fun and, most of all, accessible.

That f***ing spider boss is too hard. You go in the cave, little story moment then BOOM Boss fight that require a coordinate group! Can't do it solo. Kill the rachanoid around that 100M large spider while they come from all direction. Avoid the flamethrower, place the coolant in the fractrure AND throw the cannister and her all while your progression is slow. DO YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE TO TEST AND BALANCE BEFORE RELEASE!? It's f***ing stupid and i spent over one hour and a half trying to kill that thing not designed to be taken solo. I hope this thing isn'T released until it's balanced.That f***ing spider boss is too hard. You go in the cave, little story moment then BOOM Boss fight that require a coordinate group! Can't do it solo. Kill the rachanoid around that 100M large spider while they come from all direction. Avoid the flamethrower, place the coolant in the fractrure AND throw the cannister and her all while your progression is slow. DO YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE TO TEST AND BALANCE BEFORE RELEASE!? It's f***ing stupid and i spent over one hour and a half trying to kill that thing not designed to be taken solo. I hope this thing isn'T released until it's balanced.

2 hours ago, Blue_Gardevoir said:

That f***ing spider boss is too hard. You go in the cave, little story moment then BOOM Boss fight that require a coordinate group! Can't do it solo. Kill the rachanoid around that 100M large spider while they come from all direction. Avoid the flamethrower, place the coolant in the fractrure AND throw the cannister and her all while your progression is slow. DO YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE TO TEST AND BALANCE BEFORE RELEASE!? It's f***ing stupid and i spent over one hour and a half trying to kill that thing not designed to be taken solo. I hope this thing isn'T released until it's balanced.That f***ing spider boss is too hard. You go in the cave, little story moment then BOOM Boss fight that require a coordinate group! Can't do it solo. Kill the rachanoid around that 100M large spider while they come from all direction. Avoid the flamethrower, place the coolant in the fractrure AND throw the cannister and her all while your progression is slow. DO YOU EVEN HAVE SOMEONE TO TEST AND BALANCE BEFORE RELEASE!? It's f***ing stupid and i spent over one hour and a half trying to kill that thing not designed to be taken solo. I hope this thing isn'T released until it's balanced.

"Can't do it solo." Meenwhile hundreds of solo videos of the boss.

Best boss fight in warfame hands down. 

So here's my overall thoughts & experience with Operation: Buried Debts.

At the beginning of the operation, I was very confused as to what the opt is, how to take part in it, how to obtain Hildryn, and where to get the Larkspur. After minutes of looking around in-game, through chat and online, I managed to find my answers. Even so, I would've appreciated a message from Eudico or someone that would lead me towards the opt or explain what's going on.

The scanning phase was a bit odd because all I did was check the internet for the exact locations of the data hashes then scan them for myself. I was hoping that Eudico or Zuud would give clues or riddles leading from one hash to another but at least Zuud got some character development instead.

Once all hashes were scanned I moved on to seal some thermia fractures. I enjoy defense missions in Warframe so I had a good time with this one. I did these missions solo to avoid public trolls, and was satisfied with the difficulty level of enemies. However, the grind to obtain the Opticor Vandal was admittedly tedious after awhile, and I felt that the sealing process should've been faster. Also, I felt that coildrives spawn too commonly which is a problem since they do a lot of damage with their mounted guns, and not only drop troops. On a side note, the new melees changes were a treat, and I had no complaints there except for the fact that I can't aim glide with my melee weapon out anymore which is inconvenient when using Valkyr's hysteria.

As for the Exploiter Orb boss fight, I had a lot of fun with it. It was definitely more enjoyable than the Profit Taker boss fight, and a lot less messy with the presence of less minions and enemy fire. Loved both phases of the boss fight, and the quick cutscenes included in the second phase. Completing the fight alone was difficult but doable, while completing it in groups was much more fun. However, searching for public groups was very difficult especially since I continuously lost connection with the host while loading into Orb Vallis or the phase 1 area. So I mostly fought the boss alone, and managed to get all of Hildryn's blueprints within 5-10 runs. I had several unfinished runs due to the bug where the orb doesn't show up in phase 2 thus wasting diluted thermia but managed to overcome this by waiting for a few extra seconds after Zuud and Eudico were done talking at the end of phase 1. I also found it awkward to fight the orb when it's on the side of a mountain because it's more difficult to keep the raknoids off when they can simply spawn on either sides without anyone knowing. Still, I mostly wish that it's more convenient for players to complete the boss fight in groups since it's more enjoyable that way.

Overall, there were several parts that need improvements and bug fixes but I enjoyed Operation: Buried Debts very much. I liked the story. the character development of Zuud, and, mostly, the Exploiter Orb which is definitely my favourite boss fight in the game. Here's hoping for more outstanding content in the future.

Thanks for all the hard work DE!

Long story short, the Exploiter boss fight is fun. I wonder if the fight will be unavailable after the event though...

Some of us have stocked up of a lot of diluted thermia over the event. Because of that I suggest making Exploiter fight always available, 24/7. It won't be fun having a stockpile of diluted thermia in your inventory that you can't do anything with.

Meanwhile, as for thermia fractures, I guess make it works like ghouls invasions. By doing that I guess it balance out the worth of the toroids, making it somewhat seasonal.

Anyways good job on the event.

I left the fight inside Deck 12 after 3 quick deaths as I wanted to bring a different frame. Now the Deck is sealed and I can't enter anymore? Also, whenever somebody joins me for a team they never actually do? I stay solo, is that intended? Can't enter again once I broke off a fight, also intended? I'm really confused about this, as I did the fractures but not really the scan thing.

Eidolons and Ghouls have queueable missions. Why doesn't this event? This is a step backwards.

1 hour ago, BratwurstBob said:

I left the fight inside Deck 12 after 3 quick deaths as I wanted to bring a different frame. Now the Deck is sealed and I can't enter anymore? Also, whenever somebody joins me for a team they never actually do? I stay solo, is that intended? Can't enter again once I broke off a fight, also intended? I'm really confused about this, as I did the fractures but not really the scan thing.

It's bugged after adding that fight. There should be different queue for that, they put it into OV itself, which results in all kind of fups.

In my earlier post I mentioned how the fight took unnecessarily long (around 30 mins or so). Now that I have played it 7 or 8 times solo, I figured out how to cut my time to around 15-18 minutes. I simply focused on getting thermia and throwing it against the Exploiter orb and did not focus on killing the coolant raknoids too much. Of course I killed them where ever I spotted them, but focusing on throwing thermia canisters seems to be the trick, at least partially. So going to edit my earlier post reflecting that. 😃

I've been trying to solo the Thermia Fractures to get the Opticor Vandal.  But the game keeps cheating to make sure I don't have a chance unless I bring a full pub party with me. 

I start off with a zero wanted level and I make certain to wipe out any beacons that get dropped.  Spawning a Jackal every time I drop a canister is bad enough.  But when the game decides to drop him, and either a Scyto or Kyta Raktoid plus all the normal adds all within 10 seconds of me dropping the canister, it instantly becomes an unfair fight.  Please explain to me how max wanted level enemies are spawning in on me when I have a ZERO wanted level???  I also steer VERY clear of any major hotspots, like the Temple, Spaceport, etc.  

These overkill high-tier enemies have made it impossible for me to reasonably farm the fractures and the Opticor Vandal with them.  Which just makes me want to drop Warframe entirely and switch to Division 2, where the game doesn't cheat to try and kill me. 

I have many complaints so far but I enjoyed deck 12 boss fight 

Thanks DE

and pls give us back our quick melee and alerts 

Im having the issue that whenever i go into the orb valis, i get host migrated, put into a solo game, theres no orbs anywhere, no araknoids carrying coolant, not even fissures erupting, and when people try to join they never get in...its just a perpetual loading screen, at this rate im not going to get the opticor vandal much less actually do the orb boss

If anything, please fix switching back to primary after tossing Thermia. I wasn't using Secondary in the first place, but I often find that its equipped after tossing the Thermia. This is not an annoyance specific to this event as something similar happens when deploying Kinetic Siphon Trap and then trying to switch to Synthesis Scanner which ends up wasting half of the time of the Kinetic Siphon Trap because the game puts you back into weapon mode when you think you're using the Synthesis Scanner. I'm sure it's all related.

I really dislike this bossfight. Apart from this operation already being very grinding with the endless amount of defense missions you have to run. This boss fight is just incredibly tedious to run solo. The second stage where you fight the boss outside got impossible to complete when she walked up the mountain. I can't cover all sides of a mountain on my own so I can't stop the endless supply of coolant. I actually ran out of ammo and had to abort.

In general I'm pretty disappointed with Fortuna. There was a statement a while back that Fortuna was going to contain less grinding and fewer unique resources that can only be gotten in a specific place, locking content behind pointless grinds and putting all veteran players back to square one.

DE should add Diluted Thermia as part of the rewards as the team closes a bunch of thermial fractions in the last part of the exploiter orb fight.

Right now one team member has to give up this resource to spawn the exploiter orb in the first place.

Also make group finding automatic for this fight.

2 hours ago, Zeoran said:

Please explain to me how max wanted level enemies are spawning in on me when I have a ZERO wanted level???

Um, you do notice everytime you place the cannister your alert level instantly goes up to 3 right? Alert level 3 - 4 is when the raknoids and Jackal spawn. Just break down any beacons that you see and it will go down.

Here's a little tip on solo, use slowva, this makes things much manageable. She's able to slow all the trash mobs, Scyto and Jackal. The only mob that she can't really affect is Kyta and ones with nullify bubble.

Also when doing it solo, better bring your best weapon that can pretty much kill lvl 50 Vallis mobs in just a few shots. I brought along my Rubico Prime and Catchmoon. If u do a few quick shots the raknoids and Jackal should go down before they react.

Anyways, DE did said this event is intended to be difficult...

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1067460-pc-operation-buried-debts/