Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) OPERATION: Buried Debts Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Seriously, this fracture sealing thing is the worst I've ever felt when playing Warframe before (I missed some of the earlier events, and if people say they are worse than this one, glad I missed them). It's easy when things are working right, but quickly gets out of control when the game decides to spawn Jackals and Nullifiers directly on the cannister, meaning you lose all your abilities and you and the canister get obliterated. And then I have to do the same boring tedious (looks up synonyms for boring to get across how boring it is) and mind numbing waiting for the thing to seal before taking it to the next one. Some way to speed it up or run two fractures at the same time would have made this a lot more bearable. Seriously, Orb Vallis introduced a defense mission with a way to speed up the progress, which the vast majority of people I've seen talk about it loved. Why isn't it in this event?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that some enemies seem to shoot through my Frost and Gara bubbles? My friend mentioned it happening to him as well, anyone else noticing this?

Edited by SenEvason

Not only is group play bugged where you're likely to end up back on the orbiter rather than complete a fracture mission. But, now its damn near impossible to get the bonus from filling a cannister 4 times. I got to the 4th when a couple of nullifiers, a jackal and a orb spider spawned on top of the cannister and me, destroying us both. Not sure how you defend against enemies teleporting on top of you and the objective. If this happened in regular defense missions, who would play them? This wasn't a problem when the event started.

Seriously, what is this passphrase for the gateway console?

This is one of thousands of questions in this game where the information we require to progress is sorely lacking within the game.  Why do we constantly need to go to the forums or wiki or whatever for the very information that should be in the game?

Seriously DE, this is simple basic programming.  At the very least, put the information in the Codex so we can do a quick search!  Just, something!  Anything!  I'm just so sick and tired of playing a game that I like that endlessly spikes my frustration levels for no good reason.  This and the damn grindfests have truly burnt me out on this game.

Massive grinds are not fun!

Missing critical information to progress through an event is not fun!

The plethora of resources required to farm and farm and farm, is not fun!

Why are you so intent on making this game NOT FUN?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SenEvason said:

Seriously, this fracture sealing thing is the worst I've ever felt when playing Warframe before (I missed some of the earlier events, and if people say they are worse than this one, glad I missed them).

*cough*pacifism*defect*cough*

36 minutes ago, SenEvason said:

Some way to speed it up or run two fractures at the same time would have made this a lot more bearable. Seriously, Orb Vallis introduced a defense mission with a way to speed up the progress, which the vast majority of people I've seen talk about it loved. Why isn't it in this event?

Very true, there should be a way to do multiple fractures at once and the process should be much faster. I think it's something like 3 minutes but feels way longer. Half the time is more than enough.

And as far as i've noticed, the player using his thermia to start the bossfight gets it refunded on success (don't know if that happens 100% of the time, but i assume so). We only had to go through this long grind for fractures to get the opticor vandal. Technically you only need to seal one fracture and you can farm the boss forever (implying you always beat it).

So if the fractures farm is not a recurring event, it's not that bad actually.

What the boss fight needs is a dedicated matchmaking! Clicking on the "enter the code into the console" just brings you into a random orb vallis squad and jumping in and out of the elevator to find a group that actually does the bossfight takes forever. And no, recruiting chat doesn't help, at least not at the moment.

Just a few notes about the Exploiter Orb fight after doing it a few times (solo. i dont enjoy working with randoms):

• After you destroy all the vents on her in phase 1, it takes her a good minute or two to climb out and leave. meanwhile there is no objective, you cant leave, and she just shoots you and spawns raknoids.
  • In phase 2, when she is outside, she always (at least for me it is always) positions herself kind of wedged on the side of the cliff, and i can kill the coolant spiders easily from the side with the open area next to her, but there is no way for me to kill the coolant spiders that spawn on the cliff before they get to her. plus, any time she lowers herself a bit, i cant shoot the spiders directly beneath her, and i just need to wait for her to stop. She should really try to stay in the middle of that open area outside of the cave, and not cram herself against a cliff.
  • very often, especially since i cant kill the coolant raknoids on the cliff before they get to her, i charge and throw a few canisters at her and then i run out of fractures except for ones REALLY far away from her, and if i go for those, the coolant raknoids get a free period to cool her off. or i can stay next to her and kill any coolant raknoids that spawn (other than ones on the cliff, i can only kill those after they cool her), but then i spend periods of time just doing nothing but running in circles around her. Please make the fractures spawn closer to her, and not on the other side of the cliff.
  • The coolant spiders are very hard to see after they loose the blue glow on top of them after they throw their first coolant at the orb, especially with particles and effects galore. I dont really want to lower my settings to see them easier, i love how the game looks, especially during the fight. can they keep the blue glow?

Otherwise, the fight is great. I love the mechanics, the dialogue, the animations, it feels great to play, doesnt take 30 minutes to complete (ehem, profit taker solo), and the rewards actually make it worthwhile to play.

Found a few bugs, mostly visual ones. Such as some of the effects of removing the orb mothers parts, flames/electricity, stays behind for a bit. And depending on how is positioned, like on in incline, the little cutscene makes her invisible or in the wrong place. A personal bug that happened is that a hildryn part didnt drop for me. Everyone else in my squad got it but me. and I got every other drop but the part.

Edited by Foxyboi95

Yow, I'm here to give the 1st phase of Operation: Buried Debts, mainly the scanning stuffs community goal thingy. For the boss fight, I already made a thread about it here

I don't have a lot of stuffs to talk about the Thermia Fracture event as I only have 2 words for it: Extremely Repetitive. That's it. Other than that, I'm mostly neutral about it.

Now, into the buried debts community scan goal thingy. Damn, I'm really disappointed of it. The main problem is; the community scanning events detracts itself from the core gameplay of the game.

Warframe is a looter shooter game and using space ninja as a theme for it's fantasy. The event has absolutely nothing to do with those thing.

• Do I shoot stuffs? If you consider scanning bunch of small things shooting, then no. There's no shooting here
  • Does it make me feels like I'm a bad ass space ninja? No. I don't need to do crazy parkour to reach these points. I just go from one point to another to scan these stuffs. No extra crazy parkour or jumping puzzle challenge.
  • Do I loot stuffs from this event? No, there are no loot offered while doing the activities nor after it.

This whole buried event scanning stuffs feels closely like an easter egg/treasure hunt, which shouldn't be a community event that unlocks a boss fight that drops parts for a playable character. It is fine if it's a easter egg hunt for extra hidden lore like what we used to have. But to make a community event based around hunting easter egg? Hell no.

Why don't DE made challenges at those hashes location? Maybe like, right before we scan it, a bunch of corpus attacks and we have to clear a number of wave. Or maybe it's hidden in a complicated cave so we have to parkour our way in. Or maybe the corpus has it so we have to hack it while defending the console. SOMETHING!!

The idea / concept is actually nice, giving puzzles to partners to be solved by the community and it reveal a secret map for us to start the treasure hunt. Something that DE can make a cool stuff out of player's curiosity like "wow, there's  a map, what's going to happened there?" Turns out nothing happened. Just scan the damn thing.

Have you seen a treasure hunt movies or stories? Any treasure hunt stories always have challenges that stand between the character and the treasure. Whether it's traps, monsters, or competitor that want the same thing. But in this operation? NOTHING.

Really disappointed, 2/10. DE can do better than this.

Alright, here's another one about melee:

First of all, I'd really like to thank the devs for listening to our previous feedback and giving us back  the option of Holding out melee weapons and swinging them with MB1. Although we must all agree that it is far from ideal.

Thing is: There's no quick melee anymore, just this option, so, you press "quick melee button" to kill an enemy that is nearby and THEN you have to press some other button to go back to your primary weapon, either "MB2" or "switch weapon button".  Pressing MB2 screws with your screen if you're using a sniper, and pressing "switch weapon" switches to your secondary weapon (???).  In my honest opinion, combat became more cumbersome, and less satisfying without giving anything worthwhile back.

Right now I'm opting to run without a secondary weapon, and then pressing "switch weapon" when I'm done with meleeing enemies.

Which means I'm using two buttons to do something that used to be done with one (automatically to some extent) and I'm also sacrificing a secondary weapon in order to perform somewhat close, but still slower than I used to.

Can anybody give me a good explanation for the change?

Can we get ephemera from exploiter to either 
1. Increase in drop rates 

or

2. Trade in from Solaris for 100k standing

I have yet to get a single ephemera after these amount of exploiter kills (1 piece is 1 kill) and at this point I am too burnt out to bother anymore

77Rq6Um.jpg

I absolutely adore the Exploter Orb fight.

Exploiter is you best designed boss encounter by far, because she's all about the mechanical execution, and less about gaming the numbers. It would be nice to redesign the game around this kind of play, squashing down the numbers a bit, while upping the mechanical executions. So satisfying.

Have the numbers there by all means, but make them about just tweaking or honing play-styles rather than having them decide what is viable. It'd probably also allow you to have the Warframe's skills effect bosses without fear of trivialising them, like you had to not do with Exploiter (though honestly that lead to a much more fun experience this time around, but it'd be nice to actually use our frames' full capabilities).

I understand that this is of course a highly unlikely and arduous course of action to take, but still, I'd rather see more fights like Exploiter than things like the Eidolons; bullet sponges with numbers tuned so high that only a few frames/weapons are even viable.

Edited by KokoroWish

15 hours ago, Caine2112 said:

Seriously, what is this passphrase for the gateway console?

This is one of thousands of questions in this game where the information we require to progress is sorely lacking within the game.  Why do we constantly need to go to the forums or wiki or whatever for the very information that should be in the game?

Seriously DE, this is simple basic programming.  At the very least, put the information in the Codex so we can do a quick search!  Just, something!  Anything!  I'm just so sick and tired of playing a game that I like that endlessly spikes my frustration levels for no good reason.  This and the damn grindfests have truly burnt me out on this game.

Massive grinds are not fun!

Missing critical information to progress through an event is not fun!

The plethora of resources required to farm and farm and farm, is not fun!

Why are you so intent on making this game NOT FUN?

I think I have the code for the console. Have no idea how to get to the console though, cause clicking the alert doesn't work!

((I translated it through decipher translator things) Credit me on finding it please!))

\/          The Code         \/

AHEEHTSTEDAEBDDV

Edited by Jauto
I wanted credit for finding the code!

2 minutes ago, TheFlyingGyro said:

Does anyone know where the console even is? Just wondering because there is nothing telling you where it is or how to get to it.

When you do the data hash scans it shows you where a cave is and the console, after you get the last one. I don't know what it shows people who haven't scanned.

The localized bounty stages feel horribly weird. Everything from "Kill 25 <insert corpus troop>" to the assassinate break immersion by generally sending you to a given location for 2 reasons:

1. When sent for moas last time, 90% of the mobs spawning in that place were moas. No more hunting against the clock throughout Vallis. I understand making the grind easier, but this... "Go to that spot and we'll open a moa monster closet for you to pew-pew for a few seconds"
  2. The assassination goals that, as stated, require acquisition of credits for the target to appear, again feel awkward by taking place in seemingly desolate areas, where but shrooms litter the place. And one would thing "Eudi, have been smokin' some of these shrooms?! or why are you sending me in the middle of nowhere to siphon credits from the Corpus?!" And then PAM! A few monster closets pop open and everything start flowing like crazy - monsters, credits, everything!

I so very much enjoyed the freedom of completing some of the tasks anywhere I felt like (the exterminate ones and the assassinate). Going in the most busy place I could find next to me, 'causing an alert to raise and fighting it off like Eudi talks about at the end. Now... It's all a "Monster Closet Simulator".

I'm also going to say that the fragments scanning makes little sense with them being just tossed randomly all over the place. Why would any throw one on the shroom in front of Fortuna?! No trace to follow, no conversations to be had with members of SU that could make head or tail of it all. Scavenger hunts are fun, but this one... 

This is exploiter orb mission should have been a bounty from Eudico or Zuud.  Because whenever I can enter OV which is closer to 30% of the time since the Buried Debts update dropped.  I haven’t once been able to fight the exploiter orb.  I can go in solo, but I can’t find a public game that ever wants to play the mission.  I know what you’re saying, make some friends get into a clan.  I have both.  A friend mine is a streamer, he said “No problem.  We’ll get you in and hammer this thing out.”  The game kicks me out trying to enter OV.  Everyone else made it in.  So what was probably my only chance to complete this mission, I’ve been attempting to do so all week.  It is extremely frustrating.  It reminds me a lot of what they had in PoE with the Eidolon Hunts.  They eventually wised up and made those into actual bounties.  Why didn’t they do that with this event?  They do it with Operation Plague Star.  I just don’t understand.  The event seems fun, just poorly executed.

• Like 1

The exploiter orb gives too many gems as a reward.  It practically causes reputation inflation.  It is so easy to get rep now thanks to the gems and there isn't enough things to spend it on. Furthermore, the amount of gems I am getting lets me max out my daily rep in 3-4 runs, 30-40 minutes (thanks to nova skipping a 1/3rd of the boss fight).  I look back on the time and effort I put in to rank up and all I see is that it was practically wasted and pointless.

Also, the Exploiter Orb fight is extremely easy and trivial.  The first more deadly phase is skipped by Nova.  The second phase is a cakewalk and offers no challenge other than "keep the coolant orbs from the Exploiter Orb".  Couldn't the Exploiter Orb do more than shoot fire at very close enemies and lob an extremely telegraphed explosion?  Maybe it could shoot cyro rockets, straight up freeze warframes for a couple seconds, cough up the thermia its been harvesting over a large area which make you keep jumping?

• Like 1

As mentioned above multiple times fracture sealing part is not enjoyable at all, for a mobile defense it goes far too slow and becomes boring way too fast. Farmed 100 points with a friend and we both agreed that its only redeeming feature was plenty of free time to talk on discord, since we were both mostly disengaged from what was happening in game. If this kind of content is planned for future events its pacing has to be seriously revised, WF main entertaining (at least for me) is fast paced gun-melee-powers gameplay, not standing on one spot for 2+ minutes refreshing frost orb sniping mobs from 70+ meters.

As for Exploiter boss fight it is vast improvement from profit-taker. It is proper, clean puzzle boss that has to be treated with specific sequence of actions rather than being another invulnerability-phase-walled bullet sponge; with summoned mobs being minor distractions rather than serious threat. Scripted "glory-kill" sequences also add nicely to the cool factor. Making Hildryn most common drop is also pleasant change from other farmed frames (like khora or nidus).

If theres anything to be said against it is that small fractures spawn way too far away from one another, and Exploiter tends to walk into nearest cliff and get stuck there, meaning it basically stands in instant trigger range from collant raknoids spawn point.

23 hours ago, Sebastian.Yarrick said:

Im having the issue that whenever i go into the orb valis, i get host migrated, put into a solo game, theres no orbs anywhere, no araknoids carrying coolant, not even fissures erupting, and when people try to join they never get in...its just a perpetual loading screen, at this rate im not going to get the opticor vandal much less actually do the orb boss

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. If it helps to reproduce this, I aborted the Exploiter Orb fight the first time I started it (or failed because no more revives, not sure), and haven't been able to do any of the Buried Debts stuff since then. There's no Exploiter Orb around the Temple of Profit, and the door to Deck 12 won't open. Nobody else seems to be able to join my game. 

I really hope this gets fixed ASAP and maybe a timer extension would be in order...

Edited by Subatomix

Exploiter Orb is the worst fight you have made yet.
Solo perspective. Not that you can even play with others with matchmaking bugs or getting a decent group of randoms.

Phase one is fine, but bugs get in the way. I didn't know what a vent was because only one of them was iced over.

Out on the field - too many spiders spawn. I can't keep up with:

• Spotting, killing them. You must take a weapon that can basically one shot them. For example, I took a Tiberon Prime, two burst fires took too long. By the time the second burst fired, they had already shot the coolant. This forces you to take Snipers, Shotguns or maybe bows.
  • Fractures. Takes way too long to spawn, way too long for animations to play out as your character grabbing the coolant, running over to the fractures, dunking it, picking it up and maybe throwing it; meanwhile 5000 coolant spiders have already cooled down the orb.
  • Coolant. So as an experiment, I killed a whole lot of the spiders, dunked it in the fractures and stockpiled approximately 8 of them. After doing a run around and killing a lot of the coolant spiders, I proceeded to lob all 8 of them at the Orb. The heat gauge barely moved. I assume bugs.
  • Warframe choice: You're basically forced to take a tanky or sustain frame.
  • Movement of the orb and other enemies. Throughout the fight, other corpus are invading and placing down the reinforcement beacons, splitting your attention even more. She also moves away from the flat terrain into the rocky areas. This makes it even harder for you to spot coolant spiders and makes it harder for you to traverse the terrain to even get to them in time.

Just go back to your invulnerability phases if you can't test it properly. At least it worked.
Why would you make a timed event, linked to a frame and have it so buggy? I do expect bugs from Warframe, but to link it to a timed event is insane.

2/10

I can't even play. Everytime i click on the event "alert", the game founds a squad, we enter in loading screen, and then i enter on vallis being completely alone. (4 consecutive days right now, the game has been kicking me from the squads, and NO, it is not my internet, because warframe is not the only online game i play, and any other warframe gamemode works perfectly fine).

I can't play the event this way, and HELL NO im not doing it alone since both my frost and limbo bubbles are useless, (enemies damage the canister even being inside my bubble).

2 hours ago, Zoss said:

Spotting, killing them. You must take a weapon that can basically one shot them. For example, I took a Tiberon Prime, two burst fires took too long. By the time the second burst fired, they had already shot the coolant. This forces you to take Snipers, Shotguns or maybe bows.

Yes I had to agree with that, the coolant is rushing in pretty fast, hard to manage in solo without a weapon that able to 1 shot coolant like snipers and Catchmoon.

2 hours ago, Zoss said:

Fractures. Takes way too long to spawn, way too long for animations to play out as your character grabbing the coolant, running over to the fractures, dunking it, picking it up and maybe throwing it; meanwhile 5000 coolant spiders have already cooled down the orb.

To spawn fractures, the Exploiter needs to be at a certain amount of heat. Best way to do it in solo is prep a lot of thermia at 4 fractures near the hillside during phase 2 part 1. Since in part 1, the coolant don't actually cool down any heat, you don't need to panic when coolant rushes in. Part 2 and 3 is when it actually cools down.

2 hours ago, Zoss said:

Coolant. So as an experiment, I killed a whole lot of the spiders, dunked it in the fractures and stockpiled approximately 8 of them. After doing a run around and killing a lot of the coolant spiders, I proceeded to lob all 8 of them at the Orb. The heat gauge barely moved. I assume bugs.

Lobbing thermia don't instantly do heat, it increases the rate of the heat. Lobbing a lot in a short amount of time make the heat rate increase sharply.

Hopefully these tips helps you when you solo Exploiter.

Hi, I don't know exactly in which thread should I post this, but I'm tired of spending time closing fractures only to find out that when the host leaves the group, I don't get any of the rewards nor the fissures closed. up to now, at least 28 points in fractures have I lost because of this.

Either the host dissolves the group because a problem from his pc/internet/elecricity, or the group dissolves via Fortuna's elevator, and all I have left are a couple of credits, and a failed mission. Which I can't see how have I failed it, since I entered the elevator to leave and I didn't start any contracts.

PLEASE, WE HAVE ONLY A COUPLE OF DAYS LEFT, FIX THIS PLEASE. I HAVE LOST INTEREST IN DOING FRACTURES BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM, YET I'M STILL PLAYING IT FOR THE REWARDS.

After doing Exploiter for the past few days, coming back to Profit-Taker now to do the weekly challenge made me appreciate how fun Exploiter boss fight is, and how NOT fun Profit-Taker is in contrast.

It's insane how extremely different these fights feel.