Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

13 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

That was the whole point of this update, so that melee is freely accessed so quick melee isn't needed. 

To me, I never accepted or got used to using the old melee fully. I would almost never weapon swap to melee, so melee stances were basically non-existent polarity increasing mods. I tried channeling and it sucked, and the combo system was never intuitive to me. I didn't even know so many people used block and or even had extra combos attached to block. I only used quick melee and it was an okay experience. 

The melee needed streamlining but now I see that people that actually used melee fully are upset and I understand that, it's a change they need to adjust to or if they can't, like for me with the old melee, will stop using it or quit in frustration. The real question is how many players were like me and really wanted this change, a question DE knows and probably had enough stats to justify the need for the change. 

Also my biggest gripe with melee, but not with the majority of players, is the lack of aiming up or down with melee, to be able to kill those flying enemies at your head level, just over the natural arc of melee attacks, or those tiny enemies at your feel, biting at your ankles, just underneath the normal melee arc swing. That's what grinds my gears, when I can't aim when an enemy is just outside the attack motion of melee. It's also why most people have a favorite weapon type, because the quick melee has a good overall weapon swing that can deal with most problems, even opening containers just under your feet. This weapon favoritism with quick melee would be resolved with the ability to properly aim up or down.

There's no reason to not have quick melee as an option for people who just can't melee at all with the new system.

12 hours ago, Warfoxzero said:

All melee is now quick melee. It's just that the animation differences most players complaining have problems with, as quick melee had a different animation than the melee stances. Like I said before, being able to aim up or down would alleviate this struggle to hit something quickly without jumping in the air. The combo complaints will be addressed in a later phase of the melee rework.

Aiming up or down would make it even more clunky and complicated to use, this is not quick melee, If I wanted to use longer more complex melee combos I could, by switching to the other mode with F. Now I'm forced to do that for no reason.

I don't quite like the fact that you can only use the Balefire Charger when you're flying via Aegis Storm, it makes it feel like Hildryn's true purpose is to bring no weapons into battle and only use the Balefire.

I've only tested Nu-Melee out on my Orthos Prime and the Arca Titron, and am really not encouraged to don anything else.

This is no bueno locking us to stance card moves, guys. I hung the Arca Titron up to begin with because I couldn't stand how slow it swung in Quick Melee with an a;most maxed Primed Fury. Locking it to combos is absolutely torturous. This is probably going to get overused if it isn't already, but molasses in winter moves faster. I really, really feel for the hammer fans that are going to be in for a seriously rude awakening with this.

My Orthos Prime is frustratingly slow, too. I'm sorry, but I just DON'T care for combos. I don't care about any of the bells and whistles for that system at all, I don't like them. I like Quick Melee because it's quick, I don't need nor want the stance gimmicks. If the stances didn't give extra capacity points to use, I'd never bother to use them, but alas, those are necessary to get the build you want, potatoes and forma alone fall just short.

I have zero interest in trying out any of the other melee weapons I haven't begun working on yet. I'd rather not use the heavy swords at all than dread how slow they're going to be.

Edited by Nyx219

I've come across a tiny but annoying bug while testing the new meelee system.

If you press F while still using your meelee (to swap between your primary and secondary weapon), then after you're done with the meelee, you might not be able to switch back to firing. 

"Might not" is 'cause sometimes this bug occurs and sometimes not. But I've noticed, that pressing F very quickly without wating for the meelee animation to finish will most likely trigger this bug.

The only way to "unlock" the ability to freely switch back to firing then is to press F repeatedly.

Thank you for all your hard work, DE!!!

Edited by Panterina

Quick feedback on the new mod Amalgam Barrel Diffusion:

Feedback 1: Really wished it didn't cut into the dodge distance. Currently, the mod makes you dodge at 1.6x the speed, which in itself isn't really good, since you kinda want the dodge window to be long for the damage reduction), but you also only go about ~75% of the normal dodge distance (eyeballing here, but it's clearly much shorter). Having the dodge speed increased while keeping the dodge distance the same would be much more interesting, since that allows you to reposition quicker while still being a trade-off of having a shorter damage reduction window. This would be really useful for Mesa (with Mesa's Waltz) and Ivara (using Prowl).

Feedback 2: It stacks on Mesa if equipped to both her regulators and her secondary (feels like a bug). Equipping Amalgam Barrel Diffusion on both her regulators and the equipped secondary, Mesa rolls at ~2.5x (1.6 x 1.6) her normal speed (and about only half the normal distance). Note that I've only tested this in the orbiter right now.

Edit:

I think I might've found a bug with Amalgam Organ Shatter: I can equip it on Archmelee weapons!

Edited by ESPI

As a veteran player, I hate the new melee system. It is so fluid it feels broken and hokey. I liked manually holding F to equip my weapon. I liked blocking myself, and I liked channeling. The new effects are beautiful. The directional ground slam is neat. Everything else is garbage. I vote for it to be changed back to Melee 2.0 but retain the ground slam and effect changes. This new system is just not fun, and ruins melee for me.

Oh and get rid of that stupid thing you did with crouch a while back. It broke stationary bullet jumping for me. If I want to sprint i'll stop crouching and press the sprint key.

P.S: thanks for removing my favorite thing about Glaives; now I can't detonate them anymore.

Edited by Xylyssa

Valkyr is heavily buggy and causing sickness!

From 10 charge attempts, I am only causing either 1, or a totally not affecting charge a (the animation plays, but no damage will be done).

While holding Q (in my case melee attack-keybind), Valkyr will only attack briefly (the usual general attack) and ... that is it. Charging will happen if the game feels like it, which is mostly never.

While attacking enemies as regular or slide attacks (cannot test charge attacks due to bug), the hysteria yellow-green ish tint screen overlay will blink off and turn back on on each hit. This is very uncomfortable to me and causes sickness and headache.

Nice seeing all the feedback here.  

Here's mine. If you want people to play and give feedback on new content, it helps if they can access the content, and use it with their chosen form of player control.  So far, it seems that pretty much every update breaks something concerning how controllers are utilized, whether it be crouch/bulletjump or something else.  This patch is especially egregious in terms of that as steam big picture users cannot even boot the game, and steam controller seems only sparsely supported, in addition to the normal gameflow breaking issues.  If I can't even play the game, or can't use the new system due to support for a supported device and keybinds for same not even existing, how can I provide any relevant feedback.

The timing sucks, considering all that is going on this weekend.

Haven't read the whole thread (don't have time) but just wanted to mention that I have found exiting Archwing mode causes me to do a ground slam attack with my meleé weapon. Would be nice if you could fix this. Really awkward when you're looking for those data hashes, or just want to attempt a landing in a tight spot.

Grineer Drahk Masters bug.

Either remove enemy till fixed or fix it ASAP.

Enemy does disarm Player and leaves no sign of respective weapon neither on the minimap nor as a marker, for the entire mission. This is ridiculous!
Am I supposed to fight with my fists?

On 2019-03-08 at 9:57 AM, Bughead said:

U must bring EQUIP melee back. Very akward to take advance for example blocking having to go through the the melee animation .... it just doesn't feel right and looks stupid. Either remove the blocking or give a keybind to equip melee.

Plus gunblade gameplay doesnt work now.... u make a charged attack and have to fiddle and press multiple buttons to switch back to your desired ranged weapon.

EDIT: Just feels broken now. All the sophisticated melee gimmicks are gone for the sake of fast swapping.... I can appreciate the effort and huge work DE has done to try to enhance game play, but the sacrifice isn't worth it imo.

- Directional slam is a great addition, no complaints

- The choices u had to make pre-patch equipping a specific weapon were part of the fun. Now theres overlapping mechanics and u arent in CONTROL

Gunblade seems fine except the auto-blocking feature preventing the use of charged attacks. my bad that one. After 2 days, still missing equip melee.... same reasons as above.

HOW ABOUT: equip melee on channel button, and keeping it pressed turns channeling on/off.  And remove the equip melee from melee button to prevent the issue with charged attacks, and you can have the choice for auto-blocking. Problem solved! :D

Edited by Bughead
Addition

4 hours ago, Judqment8 said:

Can't you keep the melee feedback in its own topic? Like 95% of the posts in this one are about the melee changes even though we have a dedicated topic just for the melee.

The Fortuna Feedback section of the forums links to every feedback megathread except melee so it's easy to miss that one. The reason 95% of the posts in this one are for melee changes is because 95% of the people posting here did not see any melee threads in the fortuna feedback section and assumed their melee feedback was meant to be put here instead.

14 hours ago, Elrandir said:

Overall the new melee has potential, but for me one huge drawback. The combination of auto-blocking, toggled channel and the fact the channeling key can't be on a mouse click have ruined Excalibur EB life strike. He gets through WAY too much energy to be playable. So, grrr from me because that was my favorite build to play.

We really need an option to bind "hold to channel" key instead of being forced to use toggle channeling only.

Amalgam Organ Shatter was introduced and it's supposed to give 60% charge attack speed. Well, it does but not for throwing/shooting melee weapons such as Glaive, gunblade etc. We also have the aura Empowered Blades that suffer from the same fate - doesn't affect Glaives etc. But why? Is it not considered a Charge Attack, when you hold down E with a "RANGED MELEE WEAPON"? Imagine being a new player how confusing that is, if this is indeed intentional. 

Furthermore, Amalgam Organ Shatter and Empowered Blades DOES affect Caustacyst which is a scytche that throws a disc of energy from the scytche after a charge attack. So it's a ranged attack. But, you don't actually throw the weapon itself... Therefore... It's different? 

Lastly, noone uses charge attacks and chances are that the few people that are (myself included), are using either a glaive, gunblade or Sancti Magistar. So why not have ithese mods affect all charge attacks? For simplicity, logical thinking and the fun of messing with builds - please take a look at this and "fix(?)" these mods.

• Like 1

1. The melee updates broke Baruuks alternative slam attacks.  It will not allow you to pull enemies toward you with the right mouse held down.  Please bring this back.

2. I am not even sure what the mod Guardian Derision does now.  Does this only work when you autoblock something?  My impression was that this worked when you were holding your block button but now that isn't a thing so is this mod broken/useless?  I used to use this mod to help charge Baruuk's restraint.  I could hold block with my first ability down and everything would shoot me.  Now, auto-block gets automatically turned off with Baruuks first ability active and this synergy no longer exists even if the mod is working somehow.

hi!

i've found 2 bugs while playing ((can't/dont know how to) make videoes so I'll try to be as accurate as possible)

1. held weapons, if shot for a short while then stopped, will continue to play the firing sound until you leave the small area where you shot it.

2. Eudico's gun/tool seems glowing along with her "head" when she talks

[Primed Text]
Hello, i barely never post in this forum and i play for about 5 years... i feel that melee update is changed back to what used to be when warframe was released. It kinda sucks.

Melee 2.0 had so many improvements and when it changed it was amazing. this update nerfs melee so hard and my gameplay is based on melee weapons. Everytime i enter a mission i switch with F to melee, now i have to put another bind just to switch to melee and if i press block (now we dont have block) i change instantly to a gun. this also apply to exalted weapons wich dont deactivate, this destroyed the gameplay.

i used to use 
Fire weapom = Mouse Button 1 
Melee weapon = Mouse Button 1. 
Aim = Mouse Button 2
Block = Mouse Button 2
channel = E 
when melele is not equiped:
quick melee = E
just a quick note = hold to crouch = CTRL and Q is better for glide and you dont hurt your little finger witch is shift for running (i know u can toggle to run on options but i like to walk sometimes lol) =D

now i cant 

and everytime i try to bullet jump and block to glide i switch to a GUN it makes me go crazy af i barely can play now i feel this is another game that is focusing on guns or something.

My opinion is:
bring back block with Aim Button that way you can glide with melee and feel that you are a ninja (cuz this is all about right?)
when u equip melee it stays on melee
or just put a button to equip melee weapons AND stay with melee equiped, wanna switch to a primary or secondary? press F. The channel system with toggle is fine 
the previous system was better and had more options for everyone play style
i love this game i just cant play anymore
dont get me wrong i play everyday i just cant do the things i did when melee 2.0 was introduced

Thank you Steve, Rebecca, Geoff, Sheldon, Scott, Megan, Danielle and All DE! We love you.

Edited by XxBattousai

You are getting things wrong because you just gutted the mobility of the last fluid weapon type we had, polearms...................  You will see what I exactly mean. 

DE, @[DE]Danielle you have to understand that alot of people just want and wanted to exclusively use their melee weapons, this quick swapping thing did nothing for the core gameplay of melee, it actually just speaks volumes about its lack of efficiency by itself, it should not only be viable because you have the option now to quick swap to your busted primary and secondary weapons.
Melee needs to be good just by itself. 

The reason why most people have always opted to the exclusive use of quick melee is because most melee combos/stances are just too clunky and erratic to use, however that option is just dead now. The quick melee hits you used to perform were replaced by these clunky combos I refer to that no one likes to use, they just kill any pace and momentum you had due to their lack of good transitions between animations. 
In fact, it's also another reason why slide spamming became so popular (Maiming Strike), it's just much more fluid in general, no awkward pauses after finishing the animation unlike with most melee stances. 

Have a good look at Tempo Royale, more specifically August Mesto (Block key combo), that should be the golden standard for melee combos. 

So there you go
Melee combos/stances need to be good enough by themselves. Committing yourself on using them should be rewarded much better than just quick hitting melee. 

Fluidity>Range>Damage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quick Swapping to your guns 

Edited by Aeron216