Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Update 24.4.0) General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Was automatic blocking ever good on paper? because it's terrible with some weapons. Especially gunblades.

Here's the problem. I channel gunblade charged shots to proc Life Strike. It's effective in restoring HP to max, which means I can take hits that restore my energy via the Rage+Quick Thinking combo. Trouble is, with auto block, when I activate channel (which is now MB3) there's a tendency to proc the block during an attempt to launch a charged shot. And when that unwanted block attempt is channeled and I'm facing a ton of machine gun fire, my energy goes 100-0 in 2 seconds.

I posted about this earlier: we play games to play games. We do not want the game to play itself, and blocking is a mechanic that ideally, we control. Our skill and/or choice should determine when to take a hit and when we want to block. Let skill matter.

2 hours ago, Gnohme said:

This sounds like a classic case of "game experience may change during online play". But I don't know if DE wrote that anywhere - I kinda figured it was implied. They used to put it on anything with multiplayer.

Your response is not relevant. It's not a matter of saying a classic case of game experience may change, melee mode is severely handicapped. Melee functions were totally removed from the game, and for melee style players nothing for them works correctly. Please have a look around the forums and get a better and full understanding of the situation before you make remarks that might come off as being cheeky.

11 minutes ago, SilviaS12 said:

Your response is not relevant. It's not a matter of saying a classic case of game experience may change, melee mode is severely handicapped. Melee functions were totally removed from the game, and for melee style players nothing for them works correctly. Please have a look around the forums and get a better and full understanding of the situation before you make remarks that might come off as being cheeky.

I've looked around the forums and I'm aware of the issues, but it seems like you're trying to draw attention to the fact that you pumped money into your digital items over actually addressing the issues yourself.

4 minutes ago, Gnohme said:

I've looked around the forums and I'm aware of the issues, but it seems like you're trying to draw attention to the fact that you pumped money into your digital items over actually addressing the issues yourself.

Then are you saying I'm not allowed to feel how I feel? Am I not allowed to Express my regrets and remorse? Look if it doesn't affect you fine, but don't go around telling other players how they should react if they aren't insulting others. Furthermore I've addressed the issues on other threads so don't assume I don't address them myself.

Edited by SilviaS12

3 hours ago, Rodziak said:

You can just leave the squad, that will make you go into solo and then you can just leave. Still, being able to do this without forcing host migration (while host) to others would be nice.

The ONLY way that would happen is if DE put the funding into getting dedicated servers. As it stands, the host is pulling server duty whenever they're in a squad with anyone. The migrate happens because the game has to transfer the progress data to someone else. Unfortunately, Warframe tends to drop the grenade and throw the pin in this regard, resulting in failed migrates and lost progress.

'Block-Glide' functionality was returned if you run ONLY melee and no primary/secondary. However it is bugged, causing me to be stuck in the block animation until I attack. This is especially problematic in mid-air, as it inhibits movement commands and the ability to parkour.

Thank you for returning block-glide, even if I gave to give up guns. True functionality of this feature will be the reason I continue to play. Hopefully this bug is a simple fix.

I love the new ground targeting but I really don't like the rest of the melee changes.

I usually have Melee bound to my mouse wheel, but now channeling can't be bound to the same button I use to fire my weapons, so I put the button on my keyboard and it really feels like a regression. There's a lot of shuffling around of my normal keybindings and I don't like it very much.

Some serious controller bugs:

• I can only melee once on controller using a Switch Pro controller configured using the official Warframe layout in Steam Big Picture. To melee again I have to put the weapon away.
  • Additionally, this bug is still here: 

Until these get fixed, I basically can't play. I primarily play on controller because of issues with my hands and wrist.

Edited by Robo_Leader

OMG...

1st DE replaced the well-loved orginal corpus cupboards design with something tedious to see when under glaring light

then DE took away our alerts and replaced it with forced content

now DE took away my favorite quick melee????

I loved polearm's quick melee but it's all gone now...

I do not wanna get into polearm's stance...

you guys are awful... 😞

Edited by Im_a_fat_boy2

11 minutes ago, Im_a_fat_boy2 said:

OMG...

1st DE replaced the well-loved orginal corpus cupboards design with something tedious to see when under glaring light

then DE took away our alerts and replaced it with forced content

now DE took away my favorite quick melee????

I loved polearm's quick melee but it's all gone now...

I do not wanna get into polearm's stance...

you guys are awful... 😞

Cupboards are cupboards to me. I never pay them much mind.

I didn't like the old alerts because it was a terrible way to farm nitain, or anything from them really. They never felt rewarding and were heavily RNG-based. And if you missed that alert you wanted when it came up because you took a power nap, well too bad. This tiered system is better. A lot like the PvP tier tracks in GW2.

Quick melee, yeah some aspects of it will be missed. Polearms and Sarpa come to mind. That said, this is only part of the rework. And they will still be reworking the mods, so the stances might turn out better soon. And God, I hope they do. because I hate autoblock interfering with my gunblade channels.

Уважаемый разработчики игры, вы выпустили обновления и почти полностью ограничили ближний бой,
раньше я мог взять меч на отдельную кнопку и сражаться им и мог защищаться и усилить его, а сейчас после обновления убирали всё это и играть просто не
выносимо, верните старое управления для ближнего боя за ранее спасибо.
пока что не буду играть в эту игру жду обновления!

Dear game developers, you have released updates and almost completely limited the melee, before, I could take the sword on a separate button and fight with it and could defend and strengthen it, and now after the Update we removed all this and just did NOT play endure, return the old control for melee for earlier thanks. Go Waiting for updates!

Might be said here once from someone else, but I will point it out regardless:

Beam/Mining Tool add-ons ARE NOT WORKING at all.

I thought, that I am somekinda mistaking, being seen instead of heard and pulling aggro because of that reason, but no! The whole add-on stuff (and 60k standing) will be wasted for nothing!

Since I cannot prove sound regarding stuff (and I am too lazy capturing, rendering and uploading for a game which I don't actively play that anymore), here the details on the beam "reach increase".

16 meters, no blinking, no indicators

DKfdQ7I.jpg

9-10 meters away, it will start to track the mining nodes (blue pulsating dots)

a9n8AlP.png

Going backwards will still show them (dunno how far I can go, not tested, won't bother with an already not working system)

T5ELfNQ.jpg

Mining overlay not appearing and nodes ain't breaking at all

5eOkY5o.jpg

The fact, that we have that wait-gate, the rest of this new content is pretty dull. Sorry, but this is not a great update/addition to the game.

Edited by Pacheon

"Manual blocking/parry has been added when players wield only a Melee weapon in a mission (i.e NO Secondary or Primary equipped). This is possible because in this specific state, the keybindings are free to allow this manual blocking. We do not plan on adding it to any other state yet. The default keybind for this is RMB/Right Mouse Button, as it was in the past."

This is currently still bugged, causing Block to get locked/stuck nearly every time I right click. Melee attacks fix this but it happens again every right click.

The melee changes are pure S#&$. Sorry I cannot be "Polite" on this. Its #*!%ing ruined more than half the things in this game. Please revert this horrid decision, its absolute dogS#&$. Uninstalled until melee changes are reverted. Thx.

Propa scaffold is bugged since 24.4, the ball doesnt detect eidolons hitbox anymore (so it doesn't explode instantly).

It was a nice alternative to the ONLY scaffold used in eidolon hunt (shraksun).

In this state, propa scaffold is UNUSABLE in eidolon hunts and the change isn't even in the patchnotes...

So if it's a bug we'd like to have some feedback on this.

ALSO, you cant dash to the ground anymore to trigger Virtuos Shadow when the eidolons got the head down.

Again, let us know if it's an intentional undocumented nerf, or a bug.

Regards.
👎

Can you add the extract only those who are present at extraction to all missions so runners can enjoy their fast maps and the rest also the same?

Edit: it seems also at a void fissures after a rehost i used the same relic twice gathered 10 traces(?) twice but it did not open and after i completed 5min (survival) without key the 3rd time i used it, it opened.

Edit2: Can you minimize the extraction zones? since some have loot past them but cant pass since ill extract (when solo)

Edited by Gio21
fissure bug rehost

I like the new Shield Mechanics on Hildryn. The fact that the shields have to fully recharge to gain the damage immunity balances the power of shield gating. Something I figured would be a good shield gating mechanic.

I like it enough to want it to be universal. It gives an alternative way to tank damage aside from quick thinking, armor, and/or lots of health healing. Shield Recharge, Adaptation, and Shield Gating sounds like a great way to tank for squishier frames and it's engaging. You'd have to pay attention to your shielding and find ways to avoid damage till you fully recharge it. The visual cue of full depletion is already in the game and this could easily be a heads for all frames to allow a full recharge.

Please consider making this mechanic universal. It's a sort-of solution to the scaling damage enemies get to the point of one shotting everyone. Frames like Nyx and Banshee benefit the most from something like this.

Also consider spreading it to shielded enemies, with magnetic damage or status causing the damage invulnerability to be ignored. That sounds potentially engaging to deal with. Test stuff out. Shields along with enemy armor scaling are two mechanics that need to be looked into and I like how this makes shields and armor, forms of damage reduction, have distinct ways to be played with.

My experience with the melee changes is mixed (to say it mildly).

Most things have already been mentioned (with a lot more toxicity than I had in mind) but I will still repeat it since it's important. Making player actions automatic in this type of game is never a good idea (imo), sure it's nice for new players until they get better but it will turn into an annoyance later on.

At the very least I'd like an option to disable automatic blocking as well as switching to ranged weapons by aiming, the rest of the changes I can work with but these two are definite nuisances (and actually break several melee combo moves). 

How is weapon swapping supposed to work?

If I have a primary equipped and use melee, pressing F puts the primary again in my hand. Why? Shooting or aiming already gives me the primary so pressing the change weapons button should give me my secondary.

Also this whole system clashes a lot with datamasses or anything else you have to pickup. If you have primary equipped, melee and pickup the thing, aim gliding will put primary back in your hand and drops the thing.

I think there shouldn't be any reason to not let us just pickup stuff with our primary in hand. Every other two handed thing including melee and dual pistols lets us do that.

Have you guys removed the Zodian and Thyst gems from the loot map of Fortuna? I even got more than 20 of the rare PoE gems than ANY of those 2 respective from Fortuna in the meantime of the ongoing community event, and that even before the event and v24.4 update.

Something is clearly wrong here. This cannot be true, if I literally trace and dig up the entire Fortuna-Veins one by one and not finding a single bloody Zodian or Thyst in this entire game for months! I am kinda sick of this. I cannot build my Amps, cannot build the new Archgun, and at high probability Hildryn will require them too.

Raise the rates! Even the "Get 8 rare gems at X" challenge last time was a job of 5 minutes on PoE but took me more than 2 hours on Fortuna (and mostly because I dug up some hespazym). I start to hate the Fortuna content.

q59popt.gif